Anicent Master hit points, unclear text.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rc_brooks
Explorer

Anicent Master hit points, unclear text.

Unread post by rc_brooks »

Ancient Master HP says "Hit Points time the number of levels (1d6 per level), +6D6..." So do they not get PE to their hit points and just get the 1D6 per level plus the 6D6?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Anicent Master hit points, unclear text.

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I would say they get PE as that is the standard rule and when I looked at some of the NPCs in the books they clearly had to have PE added to get the numbers they have but that's just my thoughts.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I agree with Warshield's assessment as it makes no sense to kneecap them in regards to hit points.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
rc_brooks
Explorer

Unread post by rc_brooks »

Much appreciated! It certainly seemed unusual to me and assumed, but figured someone may have more insight.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

rc_brooks wrote:Ancient Master HP says "Hit Points time the number of levels (1d6 per level), +6D6..." So do they not get PE to their hit points and just get the 1D6 per level plus the 6D6?

As per the text the PE score is 'not' added to the HP total.

Then if you look at the SDC listing....and looks here....it says to add the PE score there. ;)

So their is no need for double billing the PE score to the HP too.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
rc_brooks wrote:Ancient Master HP says "Hit Points time the number of levels (1d6 per level), +6D6..." So do they not get PE to their hit points and just get the 1D6 per level plus the 6D6?

As per the text the PE score is 'not' added to the HP total.

Then if you look at the SDC listing....and looks here....it says to add the PE score there. ;)

So their is no need for double billing the PE score to the HP too.
I never noticed that before. Thanks for the rules clarification. I've only ever used Ancient Master for NPCs so it didn't really affect anything to do it the other way. The points get added in one way or another. But I shall endeavor to create the Ancient Master character as per the official rules from now on.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I had a test in JHS one rainy day for PE. The 1st line was an injunction to read the whole thing before doing anything. And the last line said to ignore every other injection and only write your name at the top.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I had a test in JHS one rainy day for PE. The 1st line was an injunction to read the whole thing before doing anything. And the last line said to ignore every other injection and only write your name at the top.

So read the rules before doing anything. Got it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I had a test in JHS one rainy day for PE. The 1st line was an injunction to read the whole thing before doing anything. And the last line said to ignore every other injection and only write your name at the top.

So read the rules before doing anything. Got it.

It was more specific: read the whole thing before acting.
This goes with Sun Tsu's teaching..."Make hast slowly." Which in time of war could mean to make sure your logistics train is in place before moving out or make sure you know where the enemy is so you can meet up with them & take them on. Or in buisness making sure all the civil-servants that could effect your move are thoroughly bribed or have the lawyers you will need. and I'm rambling on....*waves hands in the air* There are many ways to take the 'make haste slowly' advice.

Another corollary is (or maybe just ranting cause I've seen this in other posters too much recently and ranting): have the books in front of you before you post, instead of just posting from memory.
<aside: I know I've put my foot in my mouth enough times to try to avoid this pitfall.>

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”