cat concept character

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

boxee
Hero

cat concept character

Unread post by boxee »

Name:
Class: Mutant Animal-Guerrilla Warrior/w N&SS martial art.
Race: House Cat
Alignment:
Level:
Sex: Female
Weight: 10 Lbs.

IQ: 11
ME: 14
MA: 19
PS: 16
PP: 18
PE: 14
PB: 24
Spd.: 43

HP: 19 SDC: 47

ISP: PPE:

CHI: 20

Size level: 3 (medium build)
Bio-E: 70+10
Features- Biped- Full
Hands- Full
Speach- Ful
Looks- None

Animal Psionics- None

Animal Powers-
Advanced Vision
Night Vision
Leaping- Feline
Righting Reflex
Extra Physical Beauty

Natural Weapons-
Teeth 1d6
Retractable Climbing Claws 1d6

Combat Bonuses-
attack per round: 5
strike +2
dodge +3
parry +3
roll +5
disarm +1
pull punch +1
kick damage +2
Combat manuvers-
Hand Attacks-
Strike (punch) 2d4
Knife Hand 1d6
Double-Knuckle Fist 1d8
Power Punch 1d10
Backhand 1d4
Palm Strike 1d6
Forearm 1d6
Elbow 1d6
Foot Attacks-
Automatic Kick 2d4
kick attack 1d8
Tripping/Leg Hooks
Snap Kick 1d6
Backward Sweep
Reverse Turning Kick (dodge/kick)
Flying Jump Kick 1d10 critical strike
Knee 1d6

critical strike or knock-out from behind
maintain balance
automatic parry
multiple dodge
combination parry/attack
combination grab/kick
combination hand hold/strike
automatic roll
breakfall
death blow
leap attack

Primary Skills-
Native Language is English with literacy
Wilderness Survival
Prowl (+5%)
Demolitions
Demolitions Disposal
Camouflage
Intelligence
Land Navigation
Recognize Weapon Quality
WP- Targeting
WP- Handgun
WP- Energy Pistol

Wui Wing Chun-
Skills-
Chinese full with literacy
Archery
Climbing (+5%)
Gymnastics-
- sense of balance :
- work paralle bars & rings:
- back flip: 1d6
- climb rope/rappel:
Prowl
Swimming
Taoist (Feminist)
Powers-
WP- Butterfly Knives- Paired
WP- Bo Staff
WP- Knife
Falling Technique
Martial Arts Awareness

Secondary Skills-
Math: Basic
Aerobic Athletics
Athletics
Running
Wardrobe & Grooming

Notable Gear-
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: cat concept character

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Tabby…if you are looking for a name.

Otherwise I am not understanding the 'why'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Greepnak
Explorer

Unread post by Greepnak »

Like full on housecat or anthro nekomimi style? Doesnt look wrong in any way and if your campaign can accomodate sdc kitties with cat-fu I'm all for it. One of my PCs (before she moved to denver) was a custom nekomimi race of kleptomaniac demons with detachable heads and limbs and zero sense of mortality so she was constantly getting munched by things or gambling away people's horses.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

This is just stats. It lacks character.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Well thank you all for commenting, yes humanoid housecat. Using tmnt rules with n&ss. However having hard time with getting past the martial arts requires katas to use weapons, so when using my e-rifle I get no bonuses and count as not having any hth skill......
Greepnak
Explorer

Will your GM let you slide on that any? As long as the game stays consistent, the words on the page are just there to inspire the creativity of the storyteller and players.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Subject: cat concept character

boxee wrote:Well thank you all for commenting, yes humanoid house-cat. Using tmnt rules with n&ss. However having hard time with getting past the martial arts requires katas to use weapons, so when using my e-rifle I get no bonuses and count as not having any hth skill......

When posting a char like this I would expect something about why the poster is posting it. Like asking 'is this ""legal""?', or is there any problems?, or how can I make this better?.

What it needs…
name
physical description text (in words describing what she looks)
background text (¿¿where did she grow up, family, friends, and enemies??)
WPs are skills, not powers. [These really Weapons Katas. They should be WKs.]{note that butterfly in not in the WK listing and if you intend them to be the char's equipment then they should be listed in the equipment section.}
There is a typo in the gym skill listing. ( 1d6 )

Since modern weapons do not get any bonuses outside the WP bonuses there is not much of a problem. You do need to talk to your GM about the APM situation since even converted to rifts MAFs do not have, nor get the 2 APM for living that chars from most of the PB settings get. At this time you ask about using the MAF APM for the char's modern weapon attacks or if you will have to use the "No h2h" rules about the number of APM the char has to use for her modern weapon attacks.

What I'd like to see...
∎maybe make it taller??? (to make a char similar to a copyrighted turtle char you will need to add about 15 Bio-E.)
∎age (I take it she is not 15+ years old like the MAF skill cost requirement says.)
∎dropping the both class and race lines…
…adding in apenticeship: Guerrilla Warrior (/w N&SS martial art.) [in place of the class line.]
…adding in power catagory" mutant animal: house cat. [in place of the race line] (maybe throw in what breed of cat into this line too.)
∎PPE stat filled (depending on which book you look at it is ether 3d6 or 2d6 for adult humans…I typically assign these numbers for humanoid sentients.)
∎Listing the type of h2h or MAF with the combat bonuses. (it is easier to find the combat numbers then having to hunt through the skills list, and it differentiates between types of h2h/MAF when the char has multiple types, and if the char has some sort of mecha combat bonus listings.)
∎A space between the bonuses and the combat maneuvers.
∎Adding a full listing of the WP bonuses. (that way you are not having to look in the book for them.) these will need to be kept up to date with leveling just like with the MAF bonuses. [on my char sheets I have a full listing of WP's & bonuses next to the h2h bonuses.]
∎ listing the MA techinques/powers abilities in full/abriviation, in addition to the names. [again so everything is there on the char sheet so no book flipping required.]
∎the...
" Wui Wing Chun-
Skills- "
as…
Wui Wing Chun Skills
∎When writing up her physical description don't use "cheat words". (like plain 'house cat') be specific when describing. What breed of cat, what coloring, any distinguishing/individually unique markings. Think of how you would describe yourself to a blind person using only words as the base concept for how to describe how your char looks. (alternately: like how you would describe a character in a novel to the reader, so they would see the picture of the char that is in your head by reading the words.)
((example sent as a PM))

Post Script: where is this skill set?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

another point with the bio-E you usually note how much they have, and how it was spent so that the GM can quickly (and easily) make sure everything adds up.
what kind of "house" cat is her base such as tabby, calico, Siamese, etc. because that helps people visualize the character.

for example: I have a character "Sarah" who is a female dogboy, breed Wolf, who I see as having a coat and markings that is basically a husky she is also extremely large, 7ft 7in tall, and weighs 407lbs but is lean and slender (for her appearance) so instead of being built like the incredible hulk, with muscles on muscles, she (at least when wet) looks like a dancer, or figure skater, she just happens to be HUGE,

so kind of cross
https://www.google.com/search?q=gymnast ... d2z8fXBToM:
with
https://www.google.com/search?q=7ft+7in ... VtOC50bRDM:
with
https://www.google.com/search?q=husky+d ... WZT4p791eM:

and you kind of get the char.

oh and she has the "digigrade" legs so she has the "normal" dog style legs not the "human style" ones.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Would the CS battle cat(or the cat gang in vampire kingdoms) not be something worth looking at for idea on class skills.(granted they use great cats but the stealth hunting focus wold be the same.)
Make the OCC that to reflect the cat nature.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Your cat is fully bipedal and only a foot tall?

So it's alot smaller than an actual house cat. My cat is over a foot tall and it's quadrupedal. It weigns 10lbs and can lift 160? That's like the Arnald Swartzakitty of action figure sized creatures.

For reference
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bCIGz3W04a0/maxresdefault.jpg

and

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6wI2SYuynT4/maxresdefault.jpg

And
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c4qpOYHsKIk/maxresdefault.jpg

and this
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/q7wU2CyzcoM/maxresdefault.jpg

The last one might be what you're envisioning for your character. a totally RIPPED Cat commando.. but still. Look at that and the hand holding it. Look at the figures 'hands' vs the humans holding it. Your char isn't going to have an Erifle or the like, as the rifle would be 3 or 4 times his entire height. It'd be like me picking up a caoon that was 18 feet long and was taller than I was, from the bottom of the handle to the top of the rifle. Even bear hugging the grip I couldn't get my arms around it.

Again for a visual "As just going '18 feet' doesn't hit home for many people
https://calmcrash.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 447717.gif

The girl on the left represents someone that's 6 feet tall, the guy on the right represents 18 feet tall.

Now imagine the little one picking up something the size of the bigger one (Not a human body but the height) and trying to use it like a weapon.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I had made the character months ago working with the GM. My health went down hill I stopped playing games for awhile. I recently got back talked to the gm and things have changed. So I will not be playing this character after all. So thank you all for the great advice but it is a no go for this idea. Am greatful you all responded so quickly.

Also the setting was phaseworld so thought the gm would have more leeway, but that's the way things go. I am guessing martial arts had been used by a power gamer and the gm got gun shy so to speak.
Greepnak
Explorer

I'm sorry your health isn't in good shape Boxee! You are free to join my game in Colorado Springs hehe.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

That is what I dislike about GM who are rifts purists. They take out the very core of the Rifts setting. That just about anything can step/wander through a rift at any time. Thus, things….player characters….can be from any of the PB settings.
*throws a RCB1 to the table as proof of concept*
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Greepnak wrote:I'm sorry your health isn't in good shape Boxee! You are free to join my game in Colorado Springs hehe.

Thank you very much. It is very kind of you to offer to allow me into your game. Can you send me the details please?
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:That is what I dislike about GM who are rifts purists. They take out the very core of the Rifts setting. That just about anything can step/wander through a rift at any time. Thus, things….player characters….can be from any of the PB settings.

As I mentioned I think he had someone else use ninjas and super spies to power game and is a bit put off from the that. I do not think the character I presented was abusing the rules but it was a GM call and we must respect it. I greatly respect the GM and always will. I can understand how one player abusing the rules can sour one to them, maybe someday he will decide otherwise but until then he has my respects.
In general I agree with what you are saying and would have liked to get to play the character. Also I would need to finish the write up it is as pointed out not complete. It is also very nice to see you again!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

*shakes head*

Was just venting about other AR rifts purists. Not your situation specifically.
Blue_Lion
Knight

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:That is what I dislike about GM who are rifts purists. They take out the very core of the Rifts setting. That just about anything can step/wander through a rift at any time. Thus, things….player characters….can be from any of the PB settings.

I look at it this way, when I gm you can use anything from the main book or anything I made up for my games.
Stuff in any other Palladium book if you have the book I will consider it, I do this to encourage people to buy books. (Baring something banned do to sheer power level like a cosmo knight.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Well, I have the source books and have after the bomb, and the new after the bomb as well, but that one I got on drive through rpg.
Greepnak
Explorer

boxee wrote:Well, I have the source books and have after the bomb, and the new after the bomb as well, but that one I got on drive through rpg.

Are you physically in colorado springs and can play wednesday mornings 9am to 2pm or so weekly? Hehe. We're five people. Rather grimdark game with a lot of insanity mixed with feels punches. kids on torture wheels in mexico and stuff right now, Night Masters holding Blood Raves (Blade style) etc etc. Not to everyone's taste, though I've had it mentioned by two people that they would read a webcomic of this story.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Greepnak wrote:
boxee wrote:Well, I have the source books and have after the bomb, and the new after the bomb as well, but that one I got on drive through rpg.

Are you physically in colorado springs and can play wednesday mornings 9am to 2pm or so weekly? Hehe. We're five people. Rather grimdark game with a lot of insanity mixed with feels punches. kids on torture wheels in mexico and stuff right now, Night Masters holding Blood Raves (Blade style) etc etc. Not to everyone's taste, though I've had it mentioned by two people that they would read a webcomic of this story.

Sounds like a non kid friendly type of game. Probably allot of fun.

boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Greepnak wrote:

Sorry, no I am in Utah. I thought you meant the game was set in Colorado springs.
Greepnak
Explorer

boxee wrote:
Greepnak wrote:

Sorry, no I am in Utah. I thought you meant the game was set in Colorado springs.

Kids would be scarred for life, but yes, I've had tears in my players eyes before. It's very fun.

Aww thats a shame boxee. Still I hope your health holds up! Don't let powergamer-shy gm dull your sparkle. It's not hard to say "there's THREE vampires in the alleyway with you... and a fourth one that you never saw behind you!" instead of just 1 if your char is Jet Li the TW Ultra-Crazy with dual lightblades, vampire chaser grenades in a bracer launcher from Juicer Uprising, and a techno-wizard rave lolly that casts Magical Adrenal Rush.

GM can also say those vampires have 10 strike/parry/dodge not 6, etc. Power gaming is fun, but GM has the power of God and Author! Hail and Kill!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Greepnak wrote:
boxee wrote:
Greepnak wrote:

Kids would be scarred for life, but yes, I've had tears in my players eyes before. It's very fun.

Aww thats a shame boxee. Still I hope your health holds up! Don't let powergamer-shy gm dull your sparkle. It's not hard to say "there's THREE vampires in the alleyway with you... and a fourth one that you never saw behind you!" instead of just 1 if your char is Jet Li the TW Ultra-Crazy with dual lightblades, vampire chaser grenades in a bracer launcher from Juicer Uprising, and a techno-wizard rave lolly that casts Magical Adrenal Rush.

GM can also say those vampires have 10 strike/parry/dodge not 6, etc. Power gaming is fun, but GM has the power of God and Author! Hail and Kill!

The vampires where a ninja strike team from ninjas and super spies before they turned. They can spend chi to turn there sdc to MDC to resist wood and silver weapons.(I house rule that body hardening from ninjas and super spies is sdc to MDC with chi instead of always MDC. And yes I stole the idea from japan but left chi intact.)

See you just make the bad guys as strong as the power gamers. The only time a power gamer is a problem is when he so out powers the rest of the group that his foes would easily kill the rest of the party.

boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Well all you guys have been great. Thank you for all the support. I am working on a new character, keeping the cat idea just rewriting it and changing background and skills. Something a bit more rifts friendly.

Return to “Rifts®”