Doppelgänger spell

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

crb2099
D-Bee

Doppelgänger spell

Unread post by crb2099 »

Does anyone know where I could find the details of the original Doppleganger spell? The Spell of Legend Dopleganger Superior refers to "the eighth level Wizard spell" but I couldn't find it in the palladium fantasy 2nd edition book.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Doppelgänger spell

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

It is likely a hold over from the 1E days would be my guess.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Palladium Fantasy 1st Edition main book, page 73. This spell was not converted to Second Edition to the best of my knowledge, but may have been included in a Rifter or one of the updated Second Edition sourcebooks. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
crb2099
D-Bee

Unread post by crb2099 »

Thanks! I don't own 1E or know anyone who does. Any chance someone could post the details of that spell?
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

crb2099 wrote:Thanks! I don't own 1E or know anyone who does. Any chance someone could post the details of that spell?

against forum rules IIRC
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The spell was converted to level 11 and published in Rifter #25 (Which is available on DriveThru RPG I believe)
Along with a number of other 1st edition spells that were not reprinted in the core 2nd edition book.
Hopefully that helps
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
crb2099
D-Bee

Unread post by crb2099 »

The Dark Elf wrote:
crb2099 wrote:Thanks! I don't own 1E or know anyone who does. Any chance someone could post the details of that spell?

against forum rules IIRC

I did not realize; sorry.
crb2099
D-Bee

Unread post by crb2099 »

eliakon wrote:The spell was converted to level 11 and published in Rifter #25 (Which is available on DriveThru RPG I believe)
Along with a number of other 1st edition spells that were not reprinted in the core 2nd edition book.
Hopefully that helps

Oh; I think I have that somewhere!!! Thanks so much everyone
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Page 217 in PF 2nd edition.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

crb2099 wrote:
eliakon wrote:The spell was converted to level 11 and published in Rifter #25 (Which is available on DriveThru RPG I believe)
Hopefully that helps

Oh; I think I have that somewhere!!! Thanks so much everyone

My mistake, it was make a level 13 spell
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Reagren Wright wrote:Page 217 in PF 2nd edition.

Isn't that the (superior) SoL version though not the generic one.
(My books are packed up, so I can't check until next week or I would just look myself)

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

In 1st edition there was no difference between the spell, just one version. I'm pretty
it the same spell. Now it a spell of legend. So the spell got upgraded.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Reagren Wright wrote:In 1st edition there was no difference between the spell, just one version. I'm pretty
it the same spell. Now it a spell of legend. So the spell got upgraded.

They made two different spells out of it though.
The 'conventional' version has different statistics than the Spell of Legend one.
Part of this was due to the way spell levels worked in Palladium Fantasy 1st edition versus BTS 1st edition on.

Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Isn't the main difference between the lesser and greater version the duration? I think the original 8th level PRPG spell was 1 day/level and the Legend spell in Rifts Conversion Book and PF2 was 1 year per level?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Axelmania wrote:Isn't the main difference between the lesser and greater version the duration? I think the original 8th level PRPG spell was 1 day/level and the Legend spell in Rifts Conversion Book and PF2 was 1 year per level?

Yes.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”