Has anyone allowed or used...

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Has anyone allowed or used...

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

Has anyone allowed or used... Psionic powers from other PB games? I like the Psychic Literacy (BtS) for use with Rifts characters. Kind of a work around for illiterate types, or a bonus for languages you can't read. It's not a full fledged reading ability, but it gives you the "gist" of what's there. Anything else anyone uses?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Has anyone allowed or used...

Unread post by Glistam »

If the player wants to use a psionic power from another book/game, I'll review it and discuss it with them before allowing it but I generally don't have an issue with it.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

I review it also and if it will imbalance my game, I will not allow it.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I am usually pretty open on letting people take powers/skills/spells/whatever from different games.
HOWEVER I do realize that things are optimized for different games and what fits in one game may not fit in another. With that caveat though I am usually willing to discuss things with my player at the very least.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Unfortunate Son
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: When the Dead Walk, blare Misfits and kill 'em all.

Unread post by Unfortunate Son »

Yes, but once my players have access to a power so do NPC's. I find it self balances that way.
Ya... Tact and social skills are not my Strong suit. Now infuriating folks, I am 15th lvl.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”