Rahu-Men being a Power Armor pilot?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

valise
Wanderer

Rahu-Men being a Power Armor pilot?

Unread post by valise »

Most GM's and players dont accept the idea readily of the four armed 12-15 foot tall giants being able to be a PA pilot. Perssonly i have no probelms with it. They are more then smart enough to master it. Yes the Rahu-Men are slightly smaller then a NGR Ulti-Max, but i see no reasson if the player can aford the 88 million, or talk a company or city into building him one and enter a contract of service, not to allow it. What is your all's opinion on one letting the player being a PA pilot, and if any. What types of restrictions would you put into place. Perssonly i like the idea of a super sized four armed Ulti-Max Power Armor. I am sure General Rasheen would be proud to see it.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Rahu-Men being a Power Armor pilot?

Unread post by say652 »

Or pilot a transport or giant robot.
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

I could see either transport or robots as a viable idea. Particullarly the robot, as most transports are get in drop the load of whatever defend a little then run away. Where the robot will deffintly be around for a while.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

There is no reason you can't get a custom-made power armor to fit a Rahu-man, they just can't use off-the-shelf ones meant for humans without serious remodeling and redesigning.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The japanase ninjaborg or Dai Katana.
Both have stealth options.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

say652 wrote:The japanase ninjaborg or Dai Katana.

Rahu-Men bio-regenerate and cannot become Cyborgs.

I am not certain how that relates to a power armor pilot anyway :?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

Then the question would come of what would and would not be allowed for the built PA.
As an example most CS style PA are only a couple inches bigger then the average 6 foot hum.
The Ulti-Max is 2.5 times taller then a six foot human.
I usually play a Rahu-Men at there full height of 15 foot. So either way that is a large PA.
Due to the size it is looking at MDC that is much more then a PA more along the line of most bots. Then the weapon load out for it, would i think equal most light bots or mediums.
I would gladly hear your alls opinion regarding the MDC, Weapons, and electronics for such a PA.

My orginal thought for a Rahu-Men Power Armor pilot was something akin to Ulti-Max from NGR or something from NG.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

PA would need to be custom built to handle their size.

robots however, i could see any with a cockpit designed to hold 2 or more people being adaptable to carry a single Rahuman. a 2 seater robot might be a bit cramped when so converted, but i suspect it could be done. anything with a cockpit designed for a crew of 3 or more would be easily adaptable.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

As several of you have mentioned. The adjusting a robot to accommodate him. a two or three seater bot would be best choice to redesign for him. Then it comes down to instead of three individuals piloting and gunning said robot, its now one person. Could a robot designed to function with three operators be ran by just one? I am all for a Rahu-Men running a bot. if i done my math right he is looking at 10 attacks/actions per melee just at level one.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

valise wrote:Then the question would come of what would and would not be allowed for the built PA.
As an example most CS style PA are only a couple inches bigger then the average 6 foot hum.
The Ulti-Max is 2.5 times taller then a six foot human.
I usually play a Rahu-Men at there full height of 15 foot. So either way that is a large PA.
Due to the size it is looking at MDC that is much more then a PA more along the line of most bots. Then the weapon load out for it, would i think equal most light bots or mediums.
I would gladly hear your alls opinion regarding the MDC, Weapons, and electronics for such a PA.

My orginal thought for a Rahu-Men Power Armor pilot was something akin to Ulti-Max from NGR or something from NG.

The problem is that the Ulti-Max, while classified as a power armor in terms of size, when you actually read the discription, it makes it clear it's really a small robot--the pilot explictly sits in a small cockpit and the controls are completely automated. thus while it's a power armor catagory in terms of power, it's actually mechanically a tiny robot.

For an example, however, we have a cannon example of a giant getting power armor. Grunt is a Jotan Giant in Rifts Mercenaries, page 71-73, he explictly has a power armor custom made for himself--you can use it as a baseline for giant-sized power armor.

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:There is no reason you can't get a custom-made power armor to fit a Rahu-man, they just can't use off-the-shelf ones meant for humans without serious remodeling and redesigning.

Seconded.
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

Thank you all for your input, it is greatly appreciated. The GM is allowing this stunt after some sweet talking. I just have to tread carefully in the design of it. As the GM as a thing about CS and there gear being all that. God forbid someone has something else that out shines the little black nazi ants that are the CS.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Glad to hear you got permission to explore this awesome idea, please keep us up to date on it. I would agree that you best option is robot armor with a modified cockpit. You still would get the same number of attacks as a robot pilot, the extra crew in most cases are assigned to one weapon system of the bot.
I would suggest a triax x-500 forager battlebot, it would be roomy for you. It has missile pods and a ion cannons (never run out of ammo). You could add weapon systems as you go, maybe a arm mounted rail gun. Also since your psionic you could get a techno wizard to add armor of ithan giving you a forcefield effect similar to the ultimax.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

The Beast wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:There is no reason you can't get a custom-made power armor to fit a Rahu-man, they just can't use off-the-shelf ones meant for humans without serious remodeling and redesigning.

Seconded.

Agreed.

You can use the Robot OCC rules in Source Book 1 to create a custom bot.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

Thank you all. I will gladly keep you up to date. Right now i am building a Power Armor that i am getting ready to post for you all, and by all means i want honest opinions on it, suggestions and if you think it is over the top or under powered, i will gladly also look at being an actual robot pilot. I was thinking of a Forger bot as you mentioned. As it is crewed by two and the Rahu-Men takes up roughly space for two, the second crew counsle for the weapon would hav e to be relocated to one of the passenger places, or leave it all in the hands of the Rahu-Men and two of the group can ride along. Just so you all know the Rahu-Men name is Argon Marconus .
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Here is a basic power armor for a Rahu Man:

The Kagashi MK I

Type of Robot: Robot Accessory Unit
Type of Intelligence: N/A
Developing the AI: N/A
Robot Budget: TBD
Skill Programs: N/A
Body Construction: Giant Humanoid

PS: 16 (Robotic)
PP: 14
PB: 6
Spd: 22
Size: 20 feet
Weight: 1200 pounds
MDC (Main Body): 200
Cost: 14.467 million credits
Nuclear Power Source: 10 years
Additional Hands and Arms (to accommodate a Rahu-Man's natural physiology...because of this, I would not include the additional attack per melee...that would be covered in the Rahu-Man's natural +4 APM)

Standard Features:
Micro Radar
Combat Computer
Targeting Display (+1 Ranged Strike)
Radio Receiver and Transmitter (300 miles)

If you want to reduce cost, you can save about 7 million on the nuke power source and lower it to only one year duration. or start cutting "standard" features.

If you want more MDC, it adds 200 pounds and 120 MDC to the main body at a cost of 550K credits and -10% to prowl up to 5 times on top of the original 200 MDC.

If you want more PS, PP, or Speed, its 10k credits a point, and since you are giant that can be a max of PS 50 (Robotic).

Weapons will have to either be hand held, or added for even more additional cost. But at a basic minimum, you are looking at shelling out about 14.5 million credits for the custom made suit of powered armor.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Shoot, get giant sized body armor and weapons and he/she would out class any power armor. Hook up a Nurani Force Field and custom Mini-missile launcher systems to snap on to shoulders or arms and boom, Super natural PS body armor decent shields and big guns and respectable missile payload. Coupled with their Natural abilities, why bother with the power armor part aside from unlimited energy weapon ammo.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Chronicle wrote:Shoot, get giant sized body armor and weapons and he/she would out class any power armor. Hook up a Nurani Force Field and custom Mini-missile launcher systems to snap on to shoulders or arms and boom, Super natural PS body armor decent shields and big guns and respectable missile payload. Coupled with their Natural abilities, why bother with the power armor part aside from unlimited energy weapon ammo.

Cause you can take the Pilot: RPA: Combat: Elite skill and get the Ground Based Power Armor bonuses on page 352 as well.

But yeah, for the price you are going to pay for a custom PA, Id just go with your suggestion. After all, a level 1 Rahu Man is already sporting more attacks than a level 1 SAMAS pilot in his SAMAS already. He is already at an advantage, you really dont need more. Giant sized armor would be easy to get a hold of (Gurgoyle armor costs only 40K for 150 MDC...perhaps a bit more to accommodate for the extra pair of arms), throw in some TW enhancements in the armor, a Naruni FF for a belt and sport some heavy weapons like commercial off the shelf NG Rail Guns or Naruni plasma machine guns and you would be doing much better for a lot less cost.
Updated Aug 2015
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

Model: Munition Mark I Power Armor
Class: Giant Armored Infantry Assault Suit.
Crew: One
M.D.C. by Location:
Mini-Missile Shoulder Launchers (2) - 150 each
Upper Forearm Mini-Missile Launchers (2) - 80 each
Lower Forearm Particle Beam Cannons (2) - 70 each
Upper Arms (4) - 90 each
Mini-Missile Launchers (2, chest) - 120
Leg Mini-Missile Launchers (2, Lower Legs) - 40 each
Plama Axe - 100
*Head - 140
**Main Body - 450
***Naruni Force Field - 260
* A single asterisk indicates a small or dificult target to hit.
They can only be struck when the attacker makes a Called Shot,
and even then the attacker is -3 to strike.
Destroying the head sensors eliminates all forms of optical
and sensory enhancement. The pilot must rely on his own human
senses without any of the bonuses granted to him by the
Robot Combat skill.

** Depleting the M.D.C. of the Main Body shuts the power
armor down, rendering it useless.

*** Depleting the M.D.C. of the Force Field shuts the field
system down completely. All subsequent damage is to be taken
from the Main Body. It takes six hours to fully regenerate the
force field. Force field is shut down if the Power Armor loses more
than two thirds of its Main Body M.D.C.

Speed;
Running: 50 mph (80 km) maximum. Note that the act of running does
Leaping: 15 feet (4.6) high or lengthwise from a stationary postion; 20 feet (6.1 m) with a running start.
Flying: Not Possible
Underwater Capabilities: The Power Armor can walk along the bottom of the body of water at 20% of its running speed.

Statistical Data:
Height: 20 feet
Width: 13 feet
Length: 8 feet
Weight: 20 tons fully loaded
Physical Strength: Equal to a P.S. 50
Cargo: None
Power System: Nuclear, average energy life is 20 years.

Weapon Systems;
1. CTT-P40 Particle Beam Cannon (Hand Held Weapon): A giant sized particle beam rifle with exceptional range (for a P-beam weapon). Mounted on the top of the rifle is a box laser targeting system and passive nightvision scope with telescopic capabilities (20x magnification: 3,000 feet/ 910 meter range).
Primary Purpose: Anti-Personnel
Secondary Purpose: Defense
Mega-Damage: Particle beam: 1d6x10 MD per single blast.
Maximum Effective Range: 2,000 feet (610 meters)
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of hand to hand attacks per melee round.
Payload: 40 particle beam blasts - virtually the entire back half of the giant rifle/cannon is a rechargable energy cell.

2. Shoulder Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Each shoulder has a mini-missile launcher on the top. The hatch flips open, missiles are launched, and the hatch closes to protect the remaining
missiles.

Primary Purpose: Anti-Aircraft

Secondary Purpose: Anti-Armor and Anti-Missile.

Range: One mile (1.6 km).

Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type, but armor piercing (ID4x10 M.D.) or fragmentation (5D6 M.D.) are typical.

Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of2, 3 or 4.

Payload: 40 mini-missiles total; 20 per shoulder launcher.

3. Chest Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Concealed within the chest of the unit, on either side of the sensor head, is a mini-missile launcher. The hatch flips open to fire the minimissiles
and then closes to protect the remaining missiles.

Secondary Purpose: Anti-Armor and Anti-Missiles.

Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type, but armor piercing (ID4x10 M.D.) or fragmentation (5D6 M.D.) are favored.

Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of2, 4, 6, 8 all10.

Payload: 20 mini-missiles total; 20 per chest launcher.

4. Leg Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Concealed in each lower leg is a mini-missile launcher. The panel opens, missiles fire, and the panel closes.

Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type, but armor piercing (1D4x10 M.D.) or fragmentation (5D6 M.D.) are typical.

Rate ofFire: One at a time or in volleys of2, 4 or 6.

Payload: 12 mini-missiles total, six in each leg launcher.

5. Upper Forearm Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Each of the forearms is encased in an oversized plate armor that has an eight mini-missile launch system.

Missile Type: Any mini-missile can be used, but standard issue is armor piercing (1D4xlO M.D.) or plasma (1D6xlO). Fragmentation will be used for anti-personnel operations.

Mega-Damage: Varies with missile type.

Range: Usually about a mile.

Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of two, four or six.

Payload: 16 total; eight per arm.

6. Lower Forearm Particle Beam Cannon (2):
Primary Purpose: Anti-Armor
Mega-Damage: 2d4x10 MD per single Blast.
Rate of Fire: Equal to number of combined hand to hand attacks.
Maximum Effective Range: 2,000 Feet (610 m)
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

7. Plama Axe: A double-bladed energy weapon used for close combat. The giant axe can be energized to cut through targets or fire a short-range burst of plasma twice per melee (each blast counts as one melee action)
Primary Purpose: Assault
Weight: 20 lbs (9 kg)
Mega-Damage: 1d4x10 MD per plasma energized strike, 1d4x10 MD from energy blast, or 1d4 MD as a blunt weapon.
Maximum Effective Range: Close combat or Plasma blast 200 feet (61 m).
Payload: Effectively unlimited (taps into the power supply), an hour life from standard E-Clip. Fire a total of six plasma blasts.

8. Hand to Hand Combat: Rather than use a weapon, the Pilot can engage in mega-damage hand to hand combat. See Power Armor Combat Training.
Restrained Punch: 1d6 +2 MD
Full Strength Punch: 3d6+6 MD
Power Punch: 1d6x10+10 (counts as two attacks)
Kick: 4d6 MD
Body Flip/Throw - 2d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle - 2d6 MD

Power Armor Features; All features from Triax and NGR.

Here is the power armor that i came up with. The whole purpose of going eith PA or Robot pilot is the extra armor and more weapon loads then the Merc Pigmen/heavy weapon specialist wich is what i had in mind over all. As you will be able to tell with the weapon load out, he has a infatuation with mini-missiles.

By all means i would love everyone input both negative and posative. All i ask is not to be an a** about it but by all means disect it.
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

I had thought of running with just enhanced body armor to keep my supernatural attacks. lots of mini-missiles, but i wanted to also let the Operator of the group to get his hands on the PA, and then once he is done to let the TW of the group get his hands on it. So i can be a walking long range tanking center for the group.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Pogtal giants have a power armor in South America 1. You could modify one of those.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

valise wrote:Model: Munition Mark I Power Armor
Class: Giant Armored Infantry Assault Suit.
Crew: One
M.D.C. by Location:
Mini-Missile Shoulder Launchers (2) - 150 each
Upper Forearm Mini-Missile Launchers (2) - 80 each
Lower Forearm Particle Beam Cannons (2) - 70 each
Upper Arms (4) - 90 each
Mini-Missile Launchers (2, chest) - 120
Leg Mini-Missile Launchers (2, Lower Legs) - 40 each
Plama Axe - 100
*Head - 140
**Main Body - 450
***Naruni Force Field - 260
* A single asterisk indicates a small or dificult target to hit.
They can only be struck when the attacker makes a Called Shot,
and even then the attacker is -3 to strike.
Destroying the head sensors eliminates all forms of optical
and sensory enhancement. The pilot must rely on his own human
senses without any of the bonuses granted to him by the
Robot Combat skill.

** Depleting the M.D.C. of the Main Body shuts the power
armor down, rendering it useless.

*** Depleting the M.D.C. of the Force Field shuts the field
system down completely. All subsequent damage is to be taken
from the Main Body. It takes six hours to fully regenerate the
force field. Force field is shut down if the Power Armor loses more
than two thirds of its Main Body M.D.C.

Speed;
Running: 50 mph (80 km) maximum. Note that the act of running does
Leaping: 15 feet (4.6) high or lengthwise from a stationary postion; 20 feet (6.1 m) with a running start.
Flying: Not Possible
Underwater Capabilities: The Power Armor can walk along the bottom of the body of water at 20% of its running speed.

Statistical Data:
Height: 20 feet
Width: 13 feet
Length: 8 feet
Weight: 20 tons fully loaded
Physical Strength: Equal to a P.S. 50
Cargo: None
Power System: Nuclear, average energy life is 20 years.

Weapon Systems;
1. CTT-P40 Particle Beam Cannon (Hand Held Weapon): A giant sized particle beam rifle with exceptional range (for a P-beam weapon). Mounted on the top of the rifle is a box laser targeting system and passive nightvision scope with telescopic capabilities (20x magnification: 3,000 feet/ 910 meter range).
Primary Purpose: Anti-Personnel
Mega-Damage: Particle beam: 1d6x10 MD per single blast.
Maximum Effective Range: 2,000 feet (610 meters)
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of hand to hand attacks per melee round.
Payload: 40 particle beam blasts - virtually the entire back half of the giant rifle/cannon is a rechargable energy cell.

2. Shoulder Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Each shoulder has a mini-missile launcher on the top. The hatch flips open, missiles are launched, and the hatch closes to protect the remaining
missiles.

Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type, but armor piercing (ID4x10 M.D.) or fragmentation (5D6 M.D.) are typical.

Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of2, 3 or 4.

Payload: 40 mini-missiles total; 20 per shoulder launcher.

3. Chest Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Concealed within the chest of the unit, on either side of the sensor head, is a mini-missile launcher. The hatch flips open to fire the minimissiles
and then closes to protect the remaining missiles.

Secondary Purpose: Anti-Armor and Anti-Missiles.

Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type, but armor piercing (ID4x10 M.D.) or fragmentation (5D6 M.D.) are favored.

Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of2, 4, 6, 8 all10.

Payload: 20 mini-missiles total; 20 per chest launcher.

4. Leg Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Concealed in each lower leg is a mini-missile launcher. The panel opens, missiles fire, and the panel closes.

Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type, but armor piercing (1D4x10 M.D.) or fragmentation (5D6 M.D.) are typical.

Rate ofFire: One at a time or in volleys of2, 4 or 6.

Payload: 12 mini-missiles total, six in each leg launcher.

5. Upper Forearm Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Each of the forearms is encased in an oversized plate armor that has an eight mini-missile launch system.

Missile Type: Any mini-missile can be used, but standard issue is armor piercing (1D4xlO M.D.) or plasma (1D6xlO). Fragmentation will be used for anti-personnel operations.

Mega-Damage: Varies with missile type.

Range: Usually about a mile.

Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of two, four or six.

Payload: 16 total; eight per arm.

6. Lower Forearm Particle Beam Cannon (2):
Primary Purpose: Anti-Armor
Mega-Damage: 2d4x10 MD per single Blast.
Maximum Effective Range: 2,000 Feet (610 m)
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

7. Plama Axe: A double-bladed energy weapon used for close combat. The giant axe can be energized to cut through targets or fire a short-range burst of plasma twice per melee (each blast counts as one melee action)
Primary Purpose: Assault
Weight: 20 lbs (9 kg)
Mega-Damage: 1d4x10 MD per plasma energized strike, 1d4x10 MD from energy blast, or 1d4 MD as a blunt weapon.
Maximum Effective Range: Close combat or Plasma blast 200 feet (61 m).
Payload: Effectively unlimited (taps into the power supply), an hour life from standard E-Clip. Fire a total of six plasma blasts.

8. Hand to Hand Combat: Rather than use a weapon, the Pilot can engage in mega-damage hand to hand combat. See Power Armor Combat Training.
Restrained Punch: 1d6 +2 MD
Full Strength Punch: 3d6+6 MD
Power Punch: 1d6x10+10 (counts as two attacks)
Kick: 4d6 MD
Body Flip/Throw - 2d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle - 2d6 MD

Power Armor Features; All features from Triax and NGR.

Here is the power armor that i came up with. The whole purpose of going eith PA or Robot pilot is the extra armor and more weapon loads then the Merc Pigmen/heavy weapon specialist wich is what i had in mind over all. As you will be able to tell with the weapon load out, he has a infatuation with mini-missiles.

By all means i would love everyone input both negative and posative. All i ask is not to be an a** about it but by all means disect it.

The act of running does... what?
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

I knew i forgot something. The act of running only fatigues at 1/10th the normal rate, as is normal for PA's. I had thought of makeing closer to some of the NGR PA's that blend the lines of single robots and PA's and not fatigue at all.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Hello, PB, it's good to be back...

In any case, if you could find one that was large enough...sure.
My suggestion would be along the lines of the Chaos Trooper armour from Megaverse in Flames, although, it would be a rather...unusual...Rahu-Man that would agree to wear something like that particular type of suit. ;)

That having been said, any number of smaller robots could be modified to accept an oversided single pilot. :) Some of the larger NGR 'bots would definitely be appropriate. Alternatively, you could use a suit of power ASSIST armours (i.e.: exo-suits).
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I remember sometime long ago, somebody discussing a custom Glitterboy for a Rahu-man. That is awesome scary.... :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

I was never a big fan of the GB. To narrow of scope even for me and i am usually all about absurd amount of ranged damage, hence i pinch en for mini-missiles and particle cannons. though the though of a GB built for a Rahu-Men is intriguing. I honestly don't see a lot of improvement though for it. Yea more attacks per melee than any pilot of equal level. but it still comes down to having to be stationary to fire that blasted cannon, instead of being mobile like any other weapon system. Now if it had the dual coax cannon from NGR or any one of there GB cannons then maybe. Especially that massive dual cannon.

But yea i came up with this PA, i am welling to go towards a robot. Forger has alot of options. Most times i run a Rahu-Men its as a Ley Line Walker, a Techno Wizard, a Operator, a Merc Soldier Heavy Weapon, or a Burster as massive size to intimidate then cause one to self burst on fire just screams cool points.

This will be my first time as a Rahu-Men pilot finally. Something I have long been looking forward to.
H.P. Hovercraft
Explorer

Unread post by H.P. Hovercraft »

According to your design, there's really no need for the rifle the PA carries. The forearm guns do more damage at an equal range, and have an unlimited payload.

Also, for the amount of money it would take to design and build this, you'd be just as well using the Pogtal "Dragon Death" PA from SA1:
1) It's actually manufactured to be piloted by giants.
2) You could still mod it out for the extra MM payload.
3) It's main cannon does the same damage as yours, but at double the range.
4) Instead of a Robotic PS of 50, your char would keep their Supernatural PS and even get a slight bonus to hand to hand damage.
5) Top running speed is double (@100 MPH).
6) You would still have to mod the PA to accommodate an extra pair of arms, but it would STILL be far, far cheaper than designing a PA from scratch ("Market Cost: Six to twelve million credits; sold in transdimentional markets everywhere. It is highly coveted among many giant races.")

Just my .02 cr.
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

H.P. Hovercraft wrote:According to your design, there's really no need for the rifle the PA carries. The forearm guns do more damage at an equal range, and have an unlimited payload.

Also, for the amount of money it would take to design and build this, you'd be just as well using the Pogtal "Dragon Death" PA from SA1:
1) It's actually manufactured to be piloted by giants.
2) You could still mod it out for the extra MM payload.
3) It's main cannon does the same damage as yours, but at double the range.
4) Instead of a Robotic PS of 50, your char would keep their Supernatural PS and even get a slight bonus to hand to hand damage.
5) Top running speed is double (@100 MPH).
6) You would still have to mod the PA to accommodate an extra pair of arms, but it would STILL be far, far cheaper than designing a PA from scratch ("Market Cost: Six to twelve million credits; sold in transdimentional markets everywhere. It is highly coveted among many giant races.")

Just my .02 cr.

Excellent. Thank you veary much H.P. I will deffintly look at it if that is the case.
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

Update.....
Its not looking good for the Rahu-Men Pilot. My GM is "considering" it.

We got on skype and ran two mock battles. One with the PA that I built and another with the NGR X-500 forger bot. It had an extra pair of arms each with particle cannons. and an Mini-Missile launcher system on each lower leg.

The battle was an open area for 20 square miles. Two CS Super SAMAS againts me. By the end of both matches there was one SAMAS missing the head and ready to be salvaged, and the other completely destroyed. That was the outcome of both mock battles.

As I said he is "considering" it. I think personally that he didn't like the idea of two CS RPA combined only had two more attacks per melee then i did. While i did take damage and loss one weapon. My character was able to walk away with nice salvage and the CS loss two RPA pilots and Super SAMAS. It does not help he is a big fan and supporter of the little black nazi ants.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Hope he allows you to do the pilot, sounds like a cool idea. You might also mention that you only get two more attacks a higher level samas pilot would have the same number of attacks. I suspect your mini missiles did alot of the work so maybe you could go with a basic forager and upgrade it later?
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

Yea i might have to. A forger with twin or quad particle cannon, force field the dual MRM, and a pair of mini-missile. As long as i am the only one that is piloting and gunning he might be ok with it. He just dosent like the idea of one D-Bee being able to match two humans so easily. Plus haveing a 25 P.P. and all the diffrent skills, adds up to one whopping bonus to strike. so doing a aimed called shoot to eat up my attacks i thought would help, maybe i hsould have just aimed for main body instead of vaping one of there heads. If he dosent like the massive amounts of attacks ill see what he says about changeing it from rahu-men to a quick-flex alien, less attacks but some great PP.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

valise wrote:Update.....

We got on skype and ran two mock battles. One with the PA that I built and another with the NGR X-500 forger bot. It had an extra pair of arms each with particle cannons. and an Mini-Missile launcher system on each lower leg.

The battle was an open area for 20 square miles. Two CS Super SAMAS againts me. By the end of both matches there was one SAMAS missing the head and ready to be salvaged, and the other completely destroyed. That was the outcome of both mock battles.

As I said he is "considering" it. I think personally that he didn't like the idea of two CS RPA combined only had two more attacks per melee then i did. While i did take damage and loss one weapon. My character was able to walk away with nice salvage and the CS loss two RPA pilots and Super SAMAS. It does not help he is a big fan and supporter of the little black nazi ants.

You might want to run some additional mock battles with some other examples to establish a baseline under the same circumstances:
-Vernulians (WB1o/DBoNA) are four limbed, and are said to have power armor (quick stats are listed). Off hand I don't recall how the two races compare beyond that. Vernulians when introduced are on par with the CS technologically at the time (this was pre-CWC/SoT), maybe even more advanced in a few areas that made them different.
-regular human(s), possibly even an Anti-Robot Specialist from Canada (Head Hunter variants)
-Zebuloid, this is a Phase World D-Bee (forget the specific book its a later one). PA is out, but as a 'bot pilot...

In this way you can put the Rahu-man results in better context for the given scenario.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

that, lady, is an understatement if I ever saw one... it would need to be custom built from step one, meaning you need engineers and designers and probably to build a special fabrication facility... that's probably tens of millions of credits in investements just to get your armor... you better have the clout to get all that together too, because there aren't enough rahu men in the world to get people like NG interested in building that... maybe if you're VERY friendly with the Kittani (the Sploogs can always make a bunch of 4 armed 12' tall slaves to use such an armor), or with the Naruni (transdimensional market just might be large enough...)
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

ShadowLogan wrote:
valise wrote:Update.....

You might want to run some additional mock battles with some other examples to establish a baseline under the same circumstances:
-Vernulians (WB1o/DBoNA) are four limbed, and are said to have power armor (quick stats are listed). Off hand I don't recall how the two races compare beyond that. Vernulians when introduced are on par with the CS technologically at the time (this was pre-CWC/SoT), maybe even more advanced in a few areas that made them different.
-regular human(s), possibly even an Anti-Robot Specialist from Canada (Head Hunter variants)
-Zebuloid, this is a Phase World D-Bee (forget the specific book its a later one). PA is out, but as a 'bot pilot...

In this way you can put the Rahu-man results in better context for the given scenario.

I will take a look at them, and do a comparison. Then see if the GM is up for a few more mock battles, and try to refrane from aimed called shoots to the head. I havent looked at the canada book in a long time, i use to love the variants of head hunters in it. Though with a rahu-men i dont think i would get in bionics or cybernetics just so he can keep his psionic abilities.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

valise wrote:I was never a big fan of the GB. To narrow of scope even for me and i am usually all about absurd amount of ranged damage, hence i pinch en for mini-missiles and particle cannons. though the though of a GB built for a Rahu-Men is intriguing. I honestly don't see a lot of improvement though for it. Yea more attacks per melee than any pilot of equal level. but it still comes down to having to be stationary to fire that blasted cannon, instead of being mobile like any other weapon system. Now if it had the dual coax cannon from NGR or any one of there GB cannons then maybe. Especially that massive dual cannon. .

Visually, it would be imposing...all that mirror-chrome in motion, it would be like the fractual asteroids in 'Titan A.E.'. :D 8)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

taalismn wrote:
valise wrote:I was never a big fan of the GB. To narrow of scope even for me and i am usually all about absurd amount of ranged damage, hence i pinch en for mini-missiles and particle cannons. though the though of a GB built for a Rahu-Men is intriguing. I honestly don't see a lot of improvement though for it. Yea more attacks per melee than any pilot of equal level. but it still comes down to having to be stationary to fire that blasted cannon, instead of being mobile like any other weapon system. Now if it had the dual coax cannon from NGR or any one of there GB cannons then maybe. Especially that massive dual cannon. .

Visually, it would be imposing...all that mirror-chrome in motion, it would be like the fractual asteroids in 'Titan A.E.'. :D 8)

There is a name i havent heard since i was a kid. Titan A.E. I use to love watching that movie. Yes it would be one hell of a impressive sight seing a 20 foot four armed gleaming glitter boy. with two cannons just to add to the intimidation factor. Though even with a GB being built for a rahu-men. I think there still be the recoil probelm with the boom gun. though deffintly points in cool factor.
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

Svartalf wrote:

that, lady, is an understatement if I ever saw one... it would need to be custom built from step one, meaning you need engineers and designers and probably to build a special fabrication facility... that's probably tens of millions of credits in investements just to get your armor... you better have the clout to get all that together too, because there aren't enough rahu men in the world to get people like NG interested in building that... maybe if you're VERY friendly with the Kittani (the Sploogs can always make a bunch of 4 armed 12' tall slaves to use such an armor), or with the Naruni (transdimensional market just might be large enough...)

That was something i had thought of. IT would be built in merc town for ready access to Naruni, and most major companys so any and all parts would be avaliable. The price is close to a maxed out full conversion borg over all. So i could see a merc company with a dedicated contract being able to afford it. It have to be a major company, larsen head hunters, or one of the other big ones. but deffintly possiable.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

ShadowLogan wrote:You might want to run some additional mock battles with some other examples to establish a baseline under the same circumstances:

You mean, if it's the one I'm thinking about, other than one being a snake with tentacles and the other being a 15' "human" with extra arms? :-D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Best bet is to use the TW Mystic Power Armor since it has no set dimensions. Everything else is pretty much out, needs custom-making.

The Pogtal-designed armor in SA1 came to mind, good suggestion.

Also I believe there was a PA used by a Jotan in Rifts Mercs which is within these size ranges.

Surprised the Zentraedi in Robotech did not have any giant PA that could be confused for bots.
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Rahu-Men bio-regenerate and cannot become Cyborgs.

Rasheen's bionic arm disagrees. Not to mention the Brodkil with bionics who also bio-regen.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:Best bet is to use the TW Mystic Power Armor since it has no set dimensions. Everything else is pretty much out, needs custom-making.

Also I believe there was a PA used by a Jotan in Rifts Mercs which is within these size ranges.

Surprised the Zentraedi in Robotech did not have any giant PA that could be confused for bots.

Rasheen's bionic arm disagrees.

Not the first NPC to break a stated rule :)

Not to mention the Brodkil with bionics who also bio-regen.

Which means their bio-regen does not regrow limbs, which is usually specified but not always.

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Tor wrote:Best bet is to use the TW Mystic Power Armor since it has no set dimensions. Everything else is pretty much out, needs custom-making.

Rasheen's bionic arm disagrees.

Not the first NPC to break a stated rule :)

Not to mention the Brodkil with bionics who also bio-regen.

Which means their bio-regen does not regrow limbs, which is usually specified but not always.

CB1 says they can be any OCC except CS military. CB1r states they can be any, including the equivalent of CS military OCCs, with the exception of mecha pilots. So while they might be the same as Brodkil when it comes to bionics & cybernetics, what I just pointed out kinda kills the OP's idea.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

@The Beast
The question does have to be considered about CB1r though on why they can't be mecha pilots and how set in stone the declaration really is.

There may not be mecha pilots due to availability of hardware for them, and have nothing to do with them being unable to operate mecha for what ever reason since they can wear armor (so PA should be possible, it seems availability is the true issue).

Recall that Gargoyles have PA in WB5 (G-11), and they are similar sized to Rahu-Men. So availability of PA is very limited globally on Rifts Earth (and maybe even Phase World) for giants, and two of the cases are for specific species (the 3rd case likely falls there to given none of the giants have 4 arms).

Tor wrote:Surprised the Zentraedi in Robotech did not have any giant PA that could be confused for bots.

They do. If you don't know you are facing a 40ft person, their PA could be mistaken for a giant 'bot. Their Battlepods are also similarly sized to their Power Armor, but I do not believe they are considered Power Armor.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
say652 wrote:The japanase ninjaborg or Dai Katana.

Rahu-Men bio-regenerate and cannot become Cyborgs.

I am not certain how that relates to a power armor pilot anyway :?

Ninjabot and the other is also power armor
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

ShadowLogan wrote:Recall that Gargoyles have PA in WB5 (G-11), and they are similar sized to Rahu-Men.

Gargs range 10-20 and G-11 is limited to those under 15ft so we have a 10-15 range for it. Rahu-Men range 12-15 so this works perfectly.

Gargs even have an additional set of limbs beyond humanoid (their wings) which can be analagous to having extra space for the Rahu-men's 2nd pair of arms.

This would also make Gargoyle Body Armor a good match for Rahu-Men.

Since only the smaller humanoid Gurgoyles can pilot the bots I would keep them off-limits for the Rahu-Men though. Possibly an option for humanoid giants 12ft though (max Gurgoyle size) which could include Gigantes (it is their minimum size the majority of Gigantes might be too large to pilot a Gurgoyle bot) or Titans (also min 12 but they only go up to 14ft as opposed to 18ft in Gigantes so a greater portion of Titans should be able to fit) but not the larger species like Algor/Cyclops/Nimro (min 14) or Jotan (min 18).

Gigantes have same IQ dice as Gurgoyles so an equal number should be able to figure out piloting bots. They can also select various OCCs which the pilot PA/bot skills could be available to. Of course their mutations might result in extra limbs that like Gargoyles/Rahu-Men would inhibit them from piloting Gurgoyle bots.

Fomorian Demons (England 125-126) also fall within Gurgoyle height parameters and should be able to pilot their robots. As could 29.5% (1/4 plus 3/4 of 6%) of Norse Giants (Pantheons page 163) though like Gigantes those with added tentacles/arms could have problems (I figure since Gurgoyles have tails that a Gigante/Norse-Giant growing a tail would not be a problem). That'd make an interesting European Union.

ShadowLogan wrote:
Tor wrote:Surprised the Zentraedi in Robotech did not have any giant PA that could be confused for bots.

They do. If you don't know you are facing a 40ft person, their PA could be mistaken for a giant 'bot. Their Battlepods are also similarly sized to their Power Armor, but I do not believe they are considered Power Armor.

Does anyone know which book/page has the Zentraedi PA? I apparently didn't take a close enough look I thought everything was for humans and that the Zents just wore body armor or flew spaceships. *should probably see the Macross anime*

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Not the first NPC to break a stated rule :)
Where's this bit about any bio-regen whatsoever making bionics impossible? Seems like a rule to throw out since it contradicts the overwhelming Brodkil example.

At worst I would say anyone who heals faster than a Brodkil can't get them and anyone who heals equal or slower can get them.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Which means their bio-regen does not regrow limbs, which is usually specified but not always.

I would definitely assume anyone who does not explicitly list limb regrowth cannot do that.

That does not necessarily mean that you need to be able to regrow a limb to expel a bionic one, of course. The nerve endings a bionic limb are attached to might just scab over and expel it even if they did not regrow the lost limb.

I just don't get why that would happen with someone who healed slower than Brodkil.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Tor wrote:Gargs even have an additional set of limbs beyond humanoid (their wings) which can be analagous to having extra space for the Rahu-men's 2nd pair of arms.

Only if they are placed similarly. The Garg Wings are on their back, but the Rahu-men extra arms are below the regular arms. What it does show is that Giants in their size can have PA.

The Vernulians also have PA, and they naturally range in height from 10-20ft. They also have four arms, but given the drastic differences in Vernulian physiology compared to a Rahu-men, it shows that again conceptually PA for this size being is possible, even ones with four upper limbs and/or other unique physical differences.

The Kyridans also giant (8-10ft, so on the small scale), and the Splurogth have several suits of PA for them (WB2, WB7).

Tor wrote:This would also make Gargoyle Body Armor a good match for Rahu-Men.

CB1r (don't have original) mention two "kingdoms" of giants in Europe. One is known to produce armour and the NGR would like to take it out if they could find it, another is in Turkey keeping a much lower profile. So there are better places to go for Rahu-men BA than trying to modify Gargoyle BA into working.

Size wise, "giants" just need platforms designed with them in mind. Unfortunately that is seldom the case, which means high tech vehicles ('bots and PA included) are going to have to be custom built/ordered. Unfortunately there aren't to many places they could go for direct assistance (Naruni, Atlantis), they would have to build up the capacity themselves (and giants in general can become Operators).

Tor wrote:Does anyone know which book/page has the Zentraedi PA? I apparently didn't take a close enough look I thought everything was for humans and that the Zents just wore body armor or flew spaceships. *should probably see the Macross anime*

Regult BattlePod. Macross Saga SB (2E) pg152-168manga, Main RPG (1E) pg84-88
Glaug Officer's Pod. Macross Saga SB (2E) pg168-175manga, Main RPG (1E) pg88-90
Male Power Armor. Macross Saga SB (2E) pg 176-179manga, Main RPG (1E) pg 90-91
Female Power Armor. Macross Saga SB (2E) pg 179-184manga, Main RPG (1E) pg92-3

Could also check Robotech.com's Infopedia (if the site was still up), though IIRC PA aren't in it yet. The Unofficial Robotech Reference Guide (Infopedia draws from the same writers), Macross Mecha Manual (OSM), and a few other websites come to mind that are still up AFAIK. They won't have RPG stats, but for general information they should suffice for what you are looking for IINM.

I'm not sure who you are thinking of, all the Macross elements I'm familiar have them going beyond BA and spaceship operation. SDF: Macross, Macross DYRL, Macross 2, Macross Plus all have some examples of PA and 'bot vehicles. Not just body armor and spaceships.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Something else interesting to note for giants...

Vampire Kingdoms page 112 mentions that the 12 foot tall Mii-Tar pilots a Titan TR-002 exploration and light combat bot (Rifts, page 215)

So (long as tail or wings or arms don't get in the way) a Gurgoyle/Gargoyle/Rahu-Man 12ft and under also might be able to pilot that robot.

It also has room for 4 passengers but I'd wager that this means normal human-sized ones. In fact (although it does not explicitly say this) perhaps taking up some of the room intended for passengers (maybe he can only carry 1-3, if any?) is what allows Mii-Tar to fit inside the TR-002? The TR-001 and TR-003 only allow 2 or 1 passenger so I don't know if Mii-Tar would be able to fit inside either of those, if that is the case.

As a house rule extrapolating from this it seems reasonable that if a robot has room for 5 people, it could probably fit a 12foot tall giant pilot.

Mercs page 73 has a 26ft suit of power armor piloted by a 20ft tall Jotan.
valise
Wanderer

Unread post by valise »

Tor wrote:Something else interesting to note for giants...

Vampire Kingdoms page 112 mentions that the 12 foot tall Mii-Tar pilots a Titan TR-002 exploration and light combat bot (Rifts, page 215)

So (long as tail or wings or arms don't get in the way) a Gurgoyle/Gargoyle/Rahu-Man 12ft and under also might be able to pilot that robot.

It also has room for 4 passengers but I'd wager that this means normal human-sized ones. In fact (although it does not explicitly say this) perhaps taking up some of the room intended for passengers (maybe he can only carry 1-3, if any?) is what allows Mii-Tar to fit inside the TR-002? The TR-001 and TR-003 only allow 2 or 1 passenger so I don't know if Mii-Tar would be able to fit inside either of those, if that is the case.

As a house rule extrapolating from this it seems reasonable that if a robot has room for 5 people, it could probably fit a 12foot tall giant pilot.

Mercs page 73 has a 26ft suit of power armor piloted by a 20ft tall Jotan.

Wich is what i used as the bases for the munition power armor. I have the character still. At the moment the GM has him in the later to use pilot after our little test run and i blew away two of his precious CS Super SAMAS. I will really hate me when i let the operator and the TW get ahold of the armor to enhance it to the true max.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Tor wrote:Vampire Kingdoms page 112 mentions that the 12 foot tall Mii-Tar pilots a Titan TR-002 exploration and light combat bot (Rifts, page 215)

I would think Robot Vehicles should be able to handle even slightly taller pilots, depending on how the cockpit is laid out. I would definitely say that will require some customization to seat them comfortably, like moving the front seat into the back (ala "Police Academy" movie), even seated side by side they would take up more space than typical if they are proportionate in size increase (not just height, but width and length). Cockpit layout though is very important, if there is no room to allow for it (height, length, width) or even the hatches don't allow for it. Lot of GM fiat at this point if a giant could fit, the closer they are to human size the more likely they can, but they might be uncomfortable without modifications.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I don't see a problem with allowing this. Look at some of the crazy stuff people do on the forums and this is not out there. We are shown this is possible through many NPCs in the game.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

One thing I'll note is you really don't need the 'power' bit.

Just grab a lot of non-power MDC armor, and the gun off a power armor, and you're about as well off.

Return to “Rifts®”