Phase World Corps/Mega-Corps

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Phase World Corps/Mega-Corps

Unread post by Aramanthus »

LOL YEp, but that is ok......right? :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Aramanthus wrote:LOL YEp, but that is ok......right? :D

Sure. But it shows you're working creatively. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Mad Scientist Scientific Supply(M3S)
“So....you’re interested in SCIENCE?”

A retailer and Black Market club catering to scientific experimenters, M3S promises to supply ‘high quality laboratory equipment for the SERIOUS scientific inquirer’. On the legitimate side, it offers laboratory equipment, materials, chemicals, and innocuous biological materials for sale. M3S is also supposedly behind the publication and distribution of a number of ‘fringe science’ scientific journals(Mad Scientist Quarterly, Doctor Derangement’s Laboratory Log Illustrated, The Journal of Uninhibited Scientific Inquiry, etc.).
On the illegal side(and that’s considerable), M3S deals in banned materials, stolen hardware, bootleg genetic templates, ‘hot’ magic items, and slavery. Seen as either a front for, or partner with, the Splugorth, GeneSplicers, and/or The Society of Sacrifices, M3S’s stock of ‘live biological supplies’ includes sentient beings, both voluntarily and involuntarily made available as the aforementioned ‘live biological supplies’ .
M3S has also been criticized for knocking off and subverting the products and technologies of other companies. Naruni Enterprises, Hartigal Combine, Paladin Steel, and a number of other corporations have litigation(or black ops) pending against any identifable corporate officers of M3S who appear after some of the former’s products have appeared in M3S catalogues, reformatted or retasked to more nefarious purposes.
Thus, M3S outlets tend to be highly mobile, using dimensional portal technologies (or stealth starships) to quickly pack up and move if they feel the authorities (or corporate enemies) are closing in.

A. Product/Services---
Scientific supplies and materials, including biologicals.

B. Ownership--- Said to be owned by a Council of Mad Scientists who are competing with each other to gain the Chairmanship and bragging rights to being ‘the Greatest Genuis EVAH!’

C. Size/Manpower--- Small; roughly 300,000 employees. Attrition due to misadventure or failure to follow proper lab safety protocols keeps growth down, but enough disenchanted nerds and deranged high school science class dropouts keep the numbers stable.

D. Distribution--- Interdimensional, courtesy of Doctor Multiplanar and his Time/Space Corridor gizmo.

E. Communications--- Secure; M3S has its own inhouse communications service(rumored to involve micro-blackholes), though occasionally their service ‘leaks’; usually senior staffers bragging about their latest experiments or taking up bandwidth cackling madly.

F. Security---
Paranoid; M3S outlets are frequently protected by an array of diabolical devices, mutant and robot security personnel, and often self-destruct failsafes as a last resort.

G. General Alignment--- Miscreant and Aberrant

H. Business/Trade Connections---
*Anybody---The company will deal with anybody, regardless of alignment and ethics clashes. May make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. However, M3S favors dealing with SCIENTISTS, and may not sell to people they perceive as thugs, simpletons, or unappreciative brutes. Thus, M3S may not sell nukes to a generalissimo and his bannana republic, but they will sell contraband transuranics to the high school physics teacher.

I. Illegal Activity---
*Slavery---Sentient lab animals: damsels in distress, damsels WANTING to be distressed, hapless human guinea pigs, mutant servents----- We got what you want, for the right price. Ask us about our popular ‘Brain Buddy’ pets! (‘Brain Buddies’ are disembodied heads or just the brains in conveniently portable life support jars. Some are fully conscious and lucid, and can offer a captive audience or sage advice to their owner, while others are just gibberingly and entertainingly insane. Just remember to feed them regularly).

*Contraband---Stolen laboratory gizmos, plutonium, illegal genetic viral resequencers, military nanotech, nuclear weapons, the Infernal Devices of other mad scientists salvaged from the remains of their labs or the police impound yard.

*Smuggling---Because somebody in their ignorance outlawed the transport of genetically-enhanced xeno stem-cells, raw anti-matter, and proto-matter. Science(and profit) shouldn’t be hamstrung by such foolishly blind regulation!

*Illegal Research---- Scientific ethics? Safety restrictions? Bah! We’re pushing the borders of understanding here! Laws of nature and man are meant to be shattered!

J. Pay--- Poor to Fair; most staffers work for M3S in order to be imvolved in SCIENCE(and get their hands on the big discounts for gear for their own experiments). That having been said, most M3S employees know what it’s like to live off ramen noodles and week-old tunafish sandwiches while finetuning an atomic supercollider. M3S tends to grade higher pay according to the expertise of the employee, putting a lot of pressure to publish or perish, and come up with super-SCIENCE! results, especially when demonstrating equipment and product to customers.

K. Benefits---
-Discounts; if you’re interested in SCIENCE, M3S will gladly feed your addiction with handsome discounts on your scientific supplies.
-M3S promises not to intentionally turn its employees into mutants, anymore than they already probably are.

L. Available Funds--- Science is always struggling for funding, so M3S can only scrape up the equivalent of Small Potatoes for any special operations on short notice.

M. Reputation---(In)Famous. M3S has begun appearing on a growing number of law enforcement watch lists and corporate action ‘to do’ memos.

N. Current Corporate Status---
*Rising Stock---M3S is growing in popularity as more mad scientists learn of the company and what it has to offer them.
On Rifts Earth, M3S is attracting a lot of attention from TechnoWizards and Rogue Scientists.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Mad Scientist Scientific Supply(M3S)

Oh dear gods... "THE SPARKS ARE INVADING!!!" :? :shock:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Mad Scientist Scientific Supply(M3S)

Oh dear gods... "THE SPARKS ARE INVADING!!!" :? :shock:

Atom-Smashers-R-Us. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

SNTRCM inc- Super Natural Threat and Counter measures. We specializes in TW devices and ships to fight super natural threats. Most known for bringing CoP flying saucers to the UWW.

Astral armament- Real weapons built in our astral domain.

Skyhook Manufacturing- TW and standard gear for all mercs out there.

Crazy Hetz Magical Emporium- He is the Dr Bradford of the FoM with access to high end magic, and none of the principles and CS oversight. Perhaps you heard of his Magic oven that cooks your food in half the time. Careful break it and the greater fire elemental inside gets out and believe me it is not going to be happy to see you.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:.

Crazy Hetz Magical Emporium- He is the Dr Bradford of the FoM with access to high end magic, and none of the principles and CS oversight. Perhaps you heard of his Magic oven that cooks your food in half the time. Careful, break it and the greater fire elemental inside gets out and, believe me, it is not going to be happy to see you.

Warning: Do Not Use Water-Based or Aerosol Oven Cleaner In your Elemental Oven or Warranty(and any life insurance you may possess) Instantly Void.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:.

Crazy Hetz Magical Emporium- He is the Dr Bradford of the FoM with access to high end magic, and none of the principles and CS oversight. Perhaps you heard of his Magic oven that cooks your food in half the time. Careful, break it and the greater fire elemental inside gets out and, believe me, it is not going to be happy to see you.

Warning: Do Not Use Water-Based or Aerosol Oven Cleaner In your Elemental Oven or Warranty(and any life insurance you may possess) Instantly Void.

Wait you can have life ensurance in Rifts?
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:[
Wait you can have life ensurance in Rifts?

I imagine you can in the more civilized parts of the Three Galaxies.
On Rifts Earth, insurance takes more exotic forms, like an army of bodyguards, or an ironclad deal with a mage to resurrect you, or a backup copy of your personality and memories stored in the memory of a neural intelligence robot. :D :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

does Nurni Eneterpises sell insurance and what does it pay?

taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:does Nurni Eneterpises sell insurance and what does it pay?

Not in canon, but I imagine they probably own a few insurance companies via proxy.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:

Not in canon, but I imagine they probably own a few insurance companies via proxy.

Finaly a way to make Nurni pay for my charters short life.

taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Naruni had most of their employees insured...with the company(or proxies of) as the primary beneficiary.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Naruni had most of their employees insured...with the company(or proxies of) as the primary beneficiary.

Doesn't every mega corp?

taalismn
Priest

Doesn't every mega corp?

If you portray NE as the epitome of 'evil corporation', they would then regard killing their own employees via indirect means in order to collect on insurance as routine 'asset re-valuation recovery'. :twisted:
It's not YOUR severance package, it's what THEY get for making you go away. :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:
Doesn't every mega corp?

If you portray NE as the epitome of 'evil corporation', they would then regard killing their own employees via indirect means in order to collect on insurance as routine 'asset re-valuation recovery'. :twisted:
It's not YOUR severance package, it's what THEY get for making you go away. :demon:

Well only when the employee is tring to leave. It cost money to find and recruit, and slaves are cheep labor. So replacing them because you kill them would be an unneeded expence.

Aramanthus
Monk

3GCSS - 3 Galaxies Contra-Grav Sleep System

We manufacture the best sleep systems in the Three galaxies. Our beds can be built for any being. From tiny insect species to the largest of dragons. We provide the best sleep systems in all of the three galaxies. Our beds can be equipped with any extravagance that can be thought of. The prices start off at 10 credits to multi-million master pieces.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

NephCo industries.
Current products.
Wine. Slogan "it gets ya drunk"
Currently experimenting with a mystic vodka line but human livers. ...ugh.
taalismn
Priest

SliCo--Herbal Medications
A front company for a minor Splugorth concern, it sells mystic salves, potions, slimes, and oozes for both internal and external application, ranging from beauty products to dietary supplements and holistic medicines. The darkside angle is that about 15% of SliCo's products are deliberately addictive, to get customers coming back and in the grip of SliCo's minions. Keep using SliCo products and you'll keep feeling healthy, strong, and beautiful. Stop using them, and the withdrawal effects are not only agonizing, but the physical side effects(skin rotting off, bones softening, muscles swelling into useless pustulates) are pretty nasty too.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That reminds me of that one drink from Futurama. But your drink has far more interesting side effects.

HH....FIE
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Unread post by The Ruiner »

Ty'lurr's Starship Towing Sevices- "The best hooker in the 3 Galaxies".
"There's only room in here for One, and I've decided it's not you."

"Open your eyes, I'm gonna horrify you into a comma!"--Master Shake
taalismn
Priest

B'undnar Reconstructive Bonding, Inc.---"Stronger that Before". A franchise specializing in starship hull repair and reconstruction. The rumor is, though, for an extra fee and discretion, the company will add armor, build in smuggling compartments, and make other less-than-legal alterations to civilian craft. Other rumors have them arm-in-arm with the Gunbrothers and other pirate groups.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Gorges Agrad materials research company. This company is a pioneer of material research. They are located on the "Federated States" planet. This system is located between the "Earth 2 Defense systems" and the "New Colony of Man's" systems. They recently made the break thru of being able to create another alloy of kinsinite and a highly classified material. They have many other projects on the drawing board.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”