Gauging Interest in Stuff...

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthyagi
D-Bee

Gauging Interest in Stuff...

Unread post by darthyagi »

Hi, all.

Like many of you, I really enjoyed Zachary's Radio Free Palladium podcast, but I was wondering if y'all would enjoy another one, too. I've got some ideas about things, and am considering starting a new feed. I've talked with Zachary about maybe being a co-host on RFP, but seeing as how he's freakishly busy, I thought it might be good to start figuring out how many of y'all would like a feed that includes guests and actual/live play sessions (if I can line them up)?

I realize we've kind of gone from famine to feast with this whole multimedia thing, but let me know what you think. If we get a following, I'd also like to tackle some topics in the wider gaming world as they apply to PB and PB's games in general.
I write so much, I think my wrists just fell out.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Gauging Interest in Stuff...

Unread post by say652 »

I would like to see so me cosplay that people would recognize. Other than a deadboy. Jussayin
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I don't bother with podcasts. I cuts into my time better spent either writing, roleplaying or video game time.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Transcendence
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Transcendence »

I'd be game and know a handful of podcasters who would listen. I was wondering what PB games would garner the most attention as a real play style podcast I have one with my family gaming group for Scion but I'm hoping to get a Rifts, Splicers or Chaos earth group to get more gaming headlines with palladium in it.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I want transcripts of podcasts. That might get me to pay attention. It's not that a podcast might not be great, its just that soooo much media has my attention and the unending articles and blogs and forums grab my gaming attention.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Personally, I prefer a "From the Rifts" style show. Video keeps the thing more interesting for me.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
darthyagi
D-Bee

Unread post by darthyagi »

Hmmm...okay. I like what I'm hearing so far. Mostly. I don't know that doing a video podcast is really in the cards because of the technical and scheduling aspects it would entail...I'm thinking that I'll probably have to record something via Skype, and it's probably not going to be too interesting to watch a pair of talking heads chat about PB. But I'm sure I could get a transcript of regular discussion shows, if not the actual plays.

Speaking of APs, I've started listening to one called "potelbat YALP," where they take the "good bits" from their play sessions so you can get a constant narrative flow, and the episode is usually under an hour. Would a good bits AP be something you'd prefer over a normal cast? Also, how long and how often would you prefer it to be? Weekly probably isn't an option, but I could probably put something out every two weeks, twice a month (just less than bi-weekly), or monthly. One of the reasons I'm doing this is because I'd like to see a podcast become somewhat regular and entrench itself.
I write so much, I think my wrists just fell out.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”