Need help with a Cosmo Knight question regarding RCC

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Need help with a Cosmo Knight question regarding RCC

Unread post by Tor »

Your average Cosmo-Knight could decimate your average Godling. Even if they didn't have their flight or energy expulsion or cosmic weapon or cosmic this would probably still be the case. They are much stronger and heal faster. I think a Godling would only get an upper hand from strategy or a clever use of powerful magic.

I'm not sure what a Heino is... the name of a Godling or a Cosmo-Knight PC?

Phase World says that supernatural beings aren't known to be made into Cosmo-Knights but it doesn't say the Forge is unable to do it, so it's still an option if the GM wants it to be, without straying from canon.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

As I understand it Cosmo Knights are remade into Cosmo Knights and are not listed as having any magic or psychic powers. So I have always assumed the process that transforms the character removes them. I allow players to keep racial traits (that are not magic or psionic) however, just to add a little variety to things.

I have cut my posting on the board right back, but being a G.M. when this post was bought to my attention I wanted to weigh in because I know exactly what you're going through. It sucks to tell a player that one of the defining aspects of their character (their psionics) are gone. However, I think this is best handled by playing up the "choice" to become a Cosmo Knight in game. Have the character told their powers will disappear or fade and how that might impact their life. Then if they choose to go through with becoming a Cosmo Knight, they know exactly what they are getting into.

As for the Cosmo Knight not being as tough as a Godling, I have to disagree with you on that one. We once sat down and did the math and a 1st level Cosmo Knight is fast enough to circle the earth 31 times in a single melee action (not even a melee round). This is normally 1-3 seconds. Albeit, this is while moving lightspeed. In orbit they are limited to mach speeds, but if we refer to the Book of Magic for the effects of a standard Sonic Boom, that's pretty impressive and allows for a great deal of combat control that the average Godling just doesn't have.

The other thing to consider is, as a Supernatural Being the Godling cannot actually become a Cosmo Knight.

At the end of the day a Cosmo Knight is a Cosmo Knight, that is his O.C.C. He cannot be a Psi-Warrior or a Combat Cyborg... his "class" is Cosmo Knight and that class changes him fundamentally. If I were you (and feel free to completely dismiss this), I'd keep your Godling PC as just that, a PC. Its my experience that players HATE GMPCs and you wouldn't want that to bleed over to when you become a player again. Instead, I recommend making a new character, an NPC that can fill the needs of what you want and require for your story. Then have your Godling PC settle own for a while. Maybe take a break from adventuring to appreciate the smaller things in life. After all, running around from death and destruction 24/7 can be very mentally exhausting, I am sure.

Now, you've obviously got a successful game and so know what is best for your gaming group but I had a mate of mine alert me to this post so I thought I'd try to help.

Ultimately, if you are still looking for a way to "power up" one of your characters to serve as a sort of "Cosmic Guide" or something like that. I recommend popping over to the Palladium Store and buying HEROES OF THE MEGAVERSE. A lot of people really rag on it a lot, but don't listen to them. I've been using it in my game as a major element since its inception and its a lot of fun. Essentially, it is a sapient cosmic tome that is a force for Good that flies around the Megaverse powering people up or creating avatars from the Megaverse's greatest heroes to offer advice and train younglings, etc.

I really enjoy the book and it might be more fitting to what youre looking for than a Cosmo Knight.

You can view my sites current website HERE.
Use the nav-bar on the side to search characters (You'll find some CKs and should be able to see how I handled them).
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Generally speaking, out in the open, a Godling is like an armored personnel carrier - tough, but that's about it. A Cosmo Knight is a combination tank and jet - tough, fast, and can smack you down ridiculously fast while being hard to engage.

Up close in a confined space, especially if gifted with psionics and/or magic, the Godling can take down a cosmo knight, especially if he has friends through his pantheon's influence.
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

It is a situational fight.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Akashic Soldier wrote:We once sat down and did the math and a 1st level Cosmo Knight is fast enough to circle the earth 31 times in a single melee action (not even a melee round). This is normally 1-3 seconds. Albeit, this is while moving lightspeed. In orbit they are limited to mach speeds, but if we refer to the Book of Magic for the effects of a standard Sonic Boom, that's pretty impressive and allows for a great deal of combat control that the average Godling just doesn't have.

The requirement of 10 minutes of meditation appears to be overlooked here.

Also this is hardly "combat control", more like transportation control.

Unless a CosmoK wants to get pelted for 10 minutes while he meditates (and one might assume if his Cosmic Armor is punctured that this would interrupt their meditation and cause them to start over) they have to rely on their Mach-speed flight in combat situations. They need to get at least 10 minutes ahead of the enemy if they want to make more space between them.

Akashic Soldier wrote:The other thing to consider is, as a Supernatural Being the Godling cannot actually become a Cosmo Knight.
False, as pointed out already, the OCC says that supernatural creatures aren't known to be CosmoKs, not that they're utterly unable.

Akashic Soldier wrote:a Cosmo Knight is a Cosmo Knight, that is his O.C.C. He cannot be a Psi-Warrior
Unless of course he changes his OCC. Some GMs might rule that with Bursters/Melters being made an OCC that the psychic RCCS of Psyscape like the P-Warrior are now OCCs too.

Akashic Soldier wrote:or a Combat Cyborg...
I would probably assume their regeneration fast enough to reject bionics but I don't recall if we were ever given a clear number to go by for bio-regen analysis. Hourly regen guys like Brodkil can get bionics but one assumes minute-based regenerators are too fast.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Regarding regeneration and bionics... From what I've seen it depends entirely upon the individual being able to regenerate lost limbs.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Hm... which Cosmo-Knights aren't listed as being able to do...

Return to “Rifts®”