Akashic Archives

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Akashic Archives

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Feel free to comment, critique, etc.

This thread will be used to post stuff from my own game that I do not think warrants its own Rifter article. If you want to help me grow as an RPG writer, feel free to add your two cents. Blatant trolling will be reported.

Spoiler:
Tillip R.C.C.: A race of benevolent Frog-like D-Bees. While doing the 101 Adventures from the Rifts®: Adventure Guide there is a mention of them (not by name) but it gives no statistical data, so here you are.
Xomati R.C.C.: A race of eerie ghost-like amphibian shape-shifters. I created the Xomati because one of my players wanted to play an alien shape-shifter that had a "water-form for swimming", a "land-form for running" and "sky-form for gliding" who could become a Paratrooper.
Last edited by Akashic Soldier on Sun May 11, 2014 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Re: Akashic Archives

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Nice write-up. I balked momentarily at the mammalian aspect of child birth despite the amphibian nature of the race. But in retrospect it does make them more alien and vulnerable as species, given they do not lay hundreds of eggs in water like their amphibian ancestors may have. Which makes children more rare and precious. I like having them as story tellers and singers, seems appropriate for frogs. Overall well done.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Re: Akashic Archives

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Greyaxe wrote:Nice write-up. I balked momentarily at the mammalian aspect of child birth despite the amphibian nature of the race. But in retrospect it does make them more alien and vulnerable as species, given they do not lay hundreds of eggs in water like their amphibian ancestors may have. Which makes children more rare and precious.

Exactly, I'd started out thinking I'd give them stages of life but then I thought that "adorable and helpless frog children" tug at the heart strings a little more and help establish that these are not mutant frogs, but a race of strange amphibian aliens. Plus, I already had the Xomati for that.

Greyaxe wrote:I like having them as story tellers and singers, seems appropriate for frogs.

Thank you, I thought so too. I looked around through D-Bees of North America and some other books but couldn't really find a "peaceful" race of bards. So, I tried to capture this here. Plus, I designed them almost entirely as a reward for the players who saved them. I wanted to make a race that they'd want to deliver from the hands of the Demon Lord.

Greyaxe wrote:Overall well done.

Thank you, much appreciated. :ok:
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”