Skyhook manufacutirng

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

BlueLion
Wanderer

Skyhook manufacutirng

Unread post by BlueLion »

Was typing up some old notes on stuff from an old game, and decided to share. If any one wants to use them fill free.

Skyhook Manufacturing
Skyhook manufacturing was started to produce line models of Military vehicles by members of a Mercenary company after several highly profitable missions. The quickly expanding to other manufacturing areas producing both mundane and TW items.
Currently the use special Floating devices to fly factories to sites to set up shop. The move the factories at regular intervals to avoid getting towns targeted by CS. The do not enter CS territory and all trading from CS territory west is done through the black market.

(My philosophy on TW-I do not think that TW devices should be made for everyone to use. I do not recognize that clause in R.U.E. To me TW devices require more than pushing a button to turn on the user has to will the power to flow. The magic part of the device does not fallow technologies rules and must be willed to work by the operator. That is why most people cannot use TW devices, the user needs to will the device to work; mages, and Psychic charters that use their minds to bend reality can easily do this with little effort so it is almost subconscious to them.)
Active TW-devices require the power to be turned on to work. These devices require qualified users such as mages and psychic charters.
Passive TW-These devices are always on and work regardless of user.

General TW Gear
(Not unless otherwise stated these devices are all exclusive to Skyhook Manufacturing. Cost listed is what was used as the base price for them on the market in the game where they were created.)

TW-Shock Paddles
This device has a PPE Battery that can hold 650-PPE, the PPE of this battery can only be used to power this device. By placing the Paddles on the main body and spending 650 PPE the device cast resurrection on the target. It has 45% chance to bring the target back to life. Any injures will be treated but any missing limbs will still be missing.
Cost 150000cr

TW-Device Knitters
These nano-bots the size of buttons have been modified by TW repair technology and TW based gear on the molecular level. There are two ways to use this device use is the same as the mend to broken spell paying the PPE for that spell but it takes them 1 minute per 1mdc/10sdce restored. The second way is by spending 30 PPE and being on a ley line they repair the device 2d6 MDC/1d4100sdc per hour until it is restored or removed from a ley line. Note the item or part of it can not be destroyed or this device has no affect.
Cost 125000cr

TW-See invisible Binoculars
These powerful binoculars work passively they have a built in amulet that allows anyone looking threw them to see invisible. They also have IR distance feature and can even distance invisible targets.
Cost 25000cr

TW-E-clip charger.
By inserting an E-clip into a slot and spending 20 PPE will instantly recharge the E-clip.
Cost 575000cr

TW-Skyhook Battle harness
When the where of this modified juicer harness channels 45 PPE into it triggers the spell chain-magic adrenalin rush, super human endurance, super human strength. The affect last 2 minutes providing the bonuses super natural strength 30 PE 24 +50% speed +2 attacks/actions +3 on initiative +1 to strike parry and dodge. Impervious to mind control possession, illusions, pain and horror.
Cost 250000 cr

TW-TW Tool belt.
This device appears to be a leather tool belt with a box like device with a button over the buckle. Pressing the button and channeling 69 PPE while touching a vehicle creates all the hand tools needed to work on the vehicle the hand tools disappear after 12 hours.
Cost 25000cr.

TW-Skyhook Pilots Helmet
This device at first glance appears to be a WWII aviator’s helmet. But under the leather shell is a complex network of wires micro processers. The Pilots helmet when worn and siting at the controls of a vehicle/robot while channeling 15 PPE in to the helmet to activate it. When activated it provides the skill to pilot the vehicle/robot at 80% for 2 ½ hours. If the helmet is removed before the duration expires the affect is terminated. (there is a knock of this on the black market that only last 30 min and uses CoH to glue the pilot to the seat.)
Cr 45000cr
In closing I would like to say "Will eat for food"

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Now where did I put that Sword?
Yes my spelling is bad, but that is the least of my problems.

Is it bed time yet.
taalismn
Priest

Re: Skyhook manufacutirng

Unread post by taalismn »

Hmmmm,,,,some fun stuff here. 8)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Nice, any more?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
BlueLion
Wanderer

(Sorry for the delay kind of busy and going threw notes for non weapon/vehicle TW devices first. There always seamed to me to be allot less of those.)

TW- Teddy Guard Bear
The Teddy Guard Bear is sold as protection for children. The device looks like a child teddy bear, but inside is a powerful TW device. The Teddy guard bear has a built AI that can Sing and tell stories to the child (singing 62%). It also has a TW-battery that holds 70PPE. The fallowing TW features only work in defense of a child that has not hit puberty. When the child owner is in trouble it triggers spending 70 PPE to place a Armor of Ithan spell with 50 MDC ( level 5) on the child, sending a magic pigeon to tell the child’s parents about the trouble and transforming into its guardian form all at the same time.

In guardian form the Teddy guardian becomes has 80 MDC (normally 25 SDC) has a PS of 30 supernatural and a speed of 25. It also gains the fallowing stats 5 attacks +4 to intitiive + 5 to strike parry and dodge. In guardian form it appears as a 7 foot tall Teddy Bear. Guardian form only last for 2 ½ minutes ( 10 melee rounds).
125000 cr

TW-Skyhook perimeter sensor.
These sensors appear to be a ball on top of a 3 foot long pole. The bottom of the pole ends in a point so it can be driven in the ground. The sensor has a built in amulet giving them the ability to see invisible. The sensors have a full optics package including thermal optics, passive low light/infrared, and ultra violet. The sensors programing scans for intruders approaching, has a chance to detect intruders equal to +3 perception.
The sensor can be set to send radio alerts to a monitoring base. The can also be used by a some one actively monitoring, if there a sensors around a perimeter no more than 300’ apart provide the person monitoring a +1 to perception rolls.
32000 cr

TW-Bubbler gun
This appears to be a pistol that has a barrel that flairs out at the end like a blunderbuss. When 10 PPE is channeled into it launches a bubble up to 240 feet away. If the bubble hits a human sized target it protects them with a energy field spell, providing 60 MDC for 5 minutes. The bubble appears as semitransparent bubble that shimmers with a blue-white light.

TW-Shadow Raven UAV
This hand launched remote control vehicle has a built in camera with telescopic vision, passive low light and thermal optics. The remote control includes a screen to watch the video feed, and has a range of 10 miles. The UAV requires 12 PPE to power it for hour, and has a speed of 80 MPH. By channeling 6 PPE into the remote the UAV can become invisible by invisibly simple. The device only has 15 MDC.
35000 cr

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Is it bed time yet.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

I'd extend the time on the guardian Teddy till when the child is safe. Would also have some other stuffed toys like Raggedy Ann and Andy as well pre-made. pretty sure you can custom them though so that second part is more just random thought.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Rimmerdal wrote:I'd extend the time on the guardian Teddy till when the child is safe. Would also have some other stuffed toys like Raggedy Ann and Andy as well pre-made. pretty sure you can custom them though so that second part is more just random thought.

Duration is based of the spell used to make it at level 5 see magic warrior pg 135 book of magic. As much as it would be nice to have a open ended time it does not fit normal rifts rule format. But you can always house rule it.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

I would love to see this as a Rifter Article with the story behind this group.
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Blue_Lion wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:I'd extend the time on the guardian Teddy till when the child is safe. Would also have some other stuffed toys like Raggedy Ann and Andy as well pre-made. pretty sure you can custom them though so that second part is more just random thought.

Duration is based of the spell used to make it at level 5 see magic warrior pg 135 book of magic. As much as it would be nice to have a open ended time it does not fit normal rifts rule format. But you can always house rule it.

Fair enough. still a cool concept. Nice work. and yes this stuff should be in Rifters.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

It's called Skyhook, you guys should make a TW Fulton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_sur ... ery_system

Though i guess an automated TW jetpack would work better...but just sayin'. :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Blue_Lion
Knight

Rimmerdal wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

Fair enough. still a cool concept. Nice work. and yes this stuff should be in Rifters.

Maybe when I get threw typing up all my notes I will send in a submission. Going to have to look up the process.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Alrik Vas wrote:It's called Skyhook, you guys should make a TW Fulton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_sur ... ery_system

Though i guess an automated TW jetpack would work better...but just sayin'. :P

I will get to vehicles later. The companies name comes from the Name of the TW that founded it. He was a TW that specialized in military vehicles, tanks to be specific.

taalismn
Priest

Guard Bear...great idea, as long as you don't run into adventurers who have learned from bitter experience that cute fuzzy, normally inanimate things with weapons moving in combat tend to be BAD things.
"It's cute, it's fuzzy, it's coming at us with a knife, KILL IT!!!!" has been a rule that has saved many of my adventurer parties. :D

In this case; "OOps...that was your bear, kid?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

Tell us about the community where they are built as well :)
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
Blue_Lion
Knight

(Maybe I will do right up on the company profile this weekend.)
(The Teddy guard bear does not have fingers, so can't carry weapons it fights with punches and SN 30 PS. Now why is your group threating little kids to get this to come at you?)

TW-Skyhook TW Pack
This looks like a military ruck sack/backpack. It includes a built in frame to help carry the load. When 10 PPE is channeled into it for 10 hours caring the pack will do nothing to tire the wearer out.
Price 16500 Credits.

TW-Bio Monitor
This device monitors the vitals of their wearer. If the vitals drop such as death or being knocked concision it releases a level 5 magic pigeon spell. This device must be charged with 20 PPE before it works, the device holds a charge for 48 hours.
Price 1000 credits.

TW-Climbing boots
These techno-boots have a TW device that allows the person that has them on to walk on walls and even upside down. Powering the device takes 10 PPE, and has a duration of 15 minutes.
Price 3000 credits.

TW-Hover Boards
This device looks like the deck of a skate board (the board part) and hovers 6 inches off the ground. The rider of this board can move 2 times his walking speed. The board has 15 MDC and takes 10 PPE to power it for an hour.
Cost 15000 credits.

Non-Techno Wizard items.

Environmental Tent
These tents are not put up with post instead the device uses internal air field frame that are filled and emptied when the device is turned on. The device can operate for 1 month on a charge. It can maintain life support when filled to capacity for 48 hours even if no outside air. The device comes in two sizes small holds 4 people and has 15 MDC large about the size of a US army GP medium and can hold 36 people and has 35 MDDC. There is a solar charger unit that can be bought for it that can recharge 2 days of time every day. The large tent has a double sealing entrance that can be used as a air lock, for hostile environments and quarantine.
Cost Small 20,000 credits +1000 credits for the charger
Cost Large 55,000 credits + 3000 credits for the charger

Hover board.
This device looks like the deck of a skate board (the board part) and hovers 6 inches off the ground. The rider of this board can move 2 times his walking speed. The device has 15 MDC and can run for 6 hours off a charge. Recharging the unit normally cost 200 credits.
Cost 5000 credits

Blue_Lion
Knight

Body Armor

MDC Leather Poncho
A simple MDC leather poncho that is water proof. The poncho can be worn over most standard body armor. It comes in two sizes human and giant size the human size has 21 MDC, and giant size has 34 MDC.
Cost 5000 credits
Cost 7500 credits
(Note the 3 EBA are not intended for mages and are made from non-natural material and contain mettle)

TH Ranger EBA
This light body armor was designed for scouts. It has a built in thermal masking system (15% to stealth vs. thermal imaging). The armors helmet has a built in optic system that includes, Thermal imaging, passive night-vision/Inferred, vision magnification, and ultra-violet.
MDC by location: main body 45 MDC helmet/head 30 MDC arms 12 MDC and legs 20 MDC.
Weight: 12 pounds good Mobility -5%
Cost 38000 credits

TH-TW Relentless Ranger EBA
TW version of the TH Ranger EBA stats are the same but has an added Passive reservation system and see invisible amulet. The armor regenerates 1d6 MDC per hour cannot regenerate any part that has been reduced to 0 MDC.
Cost 80000 credits

TH Rapid Assault EBA
Heavy body armor with a built in grappling line and vibro-blade. The grappling line has a 100 foot range and automatic retracting system that can lift 1500 pounds. The vibro-blade does 1d6 MD the grappling line/hook does 1d4 SDC. The grappling line grants +25% to climb.
MDC by location Main body 80, arms 35, legs 45 helmet/head 50
Weight 18 pounds, good mobility -10%
Cost 38000 credits

TH-TW Relentless Assault EBA
Mass market TW modified TH Rapid Assault EBA. The armor has an added passive regeneration 1d6 MD.
Cost 65000 credits

TH Silver Knight
The Silver Knight looks like a medieval suit of armor in an attempt to appeal to knights and knight want bees. The armor is made of special highly reflective MDC alloy that provides laser resistance to the famous glitter boy. It takes half MD from lasers attacks note variable lasers inflict normal damage.
MDC by location main body 80, arms 35, legs 45 helmet/head 50
Weight 18 pounds, good mobility -10%
Cost 68000 credits

TH-TW Silver Paladin
Mass market TW modified version of the TH Silver Knight. It has the added features passive regeneration 1d6 MD per hour, Armor of Ithan 10 PPE Superhuman speed 10 PPE both equal to a level 5.
Cost 150000 credits

taalismn
Priest

Ah, more happy goodness in the marketplace.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Keep them coming. Nice and different.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:(Maybe I will do right up on the company profile this weekend.)
(The Teddy guard bear does not have fingers, so can't carry weapons it fights with punches and SN 30 PS. Now why is your group threating little kids to get this to come at you?)

Well, take your pick...Evil people have kids too, and not all adventurer groups have scruples about hostages.
Or some groups just hate kids. Or consider them wholesome snacks. :twisted:

But in general most of my groups have been cautiously paranoid about cute things.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:(Maybe I will do right up on the company profile this weekend.)

Well, take your pick...Evil people have kids too, and not all adventurer groups have scruples about hostages.
Or some groups just hate kids. Or consider them wholesome snacks. :twisted:

But in general most of my groups have been cautiously paranoid about cute things.

Sounds like your GM uses cute shields and your group caught on.

taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Fear the Cute. Dread the Bunny. And the Toddler.

But it goes back to our D&D days:
"Oh, it's only a large ferret, what can it do?"
Bite, and critical blood drain.
"That's like, what, two resurrections in a week we've had to pay for?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Fear the Cute. Dread the Bunny. And the Toddler.

But it goes back to our D&D days:
"Oh, it's only a large ferret, what can it do?"
Bite, and critical blood drain.
"That's like, what, two resurrections in a week we've had to pay for?"

Name 10000 cute things in rifts to fear thou? Never had a problem with cute things it was either ugly, scary or sexy things that killed people.

taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:[
Name 10000 cute things in rifts to fear thou? Never had a problem with cute things it was either ugly, scary or sexy things that killed people.

To start with, there's the Ghost Children(Dinosaur Swamp).
Tectonic Entity animating a Teddy Ruxbin or Furby doll...
Anything with an Illusion-casting ability.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:

ok 9997 to go. By the way Furby is scary not cute.

taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Substitute Grubby then.

I'm sure one hundred Tectonic Entities loose in an abandoned Teddy Bear Factory franchise takes another one hundred off that number. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Substitute Grubby then.

I'm sure one hundred Tectonic Entities loose in an abandoned Teddy Bear Factory franchise takes another one hundred off that number. :D

No tectonic entities possessing cute things counts as one regardless of how many times you use that ploy. Rifts writers have not found the page of cute kills to get stuck on yet. Thank heavens for that.

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Substitute Grubby then.

No tectonic entities possessing cute things counts as one regardless of how many times you use that ploy. Rifts writers have not found the page of cute kills to get stuck on yet. Thank heavens for that.

Vampiric Bunnies© ... fear them. And also the bunny from the Monty Python movie.. BunBun.. Those damn rabbits.
Blue_Lion
Knight

SH Exo-Skeleton armor this armors are mostly made of metals and synthetic material they are not suitable for mages.

SH-EX10 Silver Cavalier
This Exo-skeleton armor like the Silver Knight is made to look like medieval armor, and of highly reflective MDC alloy that provides laser resistance half damage from laser (variable frequency lasers do full damage). The armor also contains a series of jets to provide jet assisted leaps of 30 long 20 high (double from a running start) but consumes 20 minutes of powers. The battery supply last for 24 hours of use before needing recharged or replaced. The armor also provides the user with PS 20 augmented reduce fatigue by 50% and +1 intuitive.
MDC by location main body 160MDc, head/helmet 65 MDC, arms 45 MDC, and legs 65 MDC
Cost 170000 credits
SH-EX10-TW Silver Templar
This is a TW mass market Modified of the SH-EX10 silver Cavalier. It adds all the features of the base model plus Passive regeneration 1d6 MDC per hour and an energy conversion module. The energy conversion module can use magical energy to recharge by channeling magical energy from spells or the power of psionic into the module ever 1 MD of electrical energy restores 6 hours power, other types of types of energy restores 1 hour per MD point of energy.
Cost 300000 credits

SH-EX30-TW Demon Smasher.
This TW armor is an active TW device that has the standard mage/psionic requirements. However the most mages are uncomfortable in it, the only mages that are comfortable in it are Techno-Wizards. The armor has a passive regeneration of 1d6 MDC per hour, and has a built in amulet of protection against the super natural +2 saves from horror factor and possession. It demon smasher contains a PPE battery that holds 100 PPE. Using this armor requires 15 PPE per hour while active it grants its wearer Supernatural PS 30 and does not tire while operating it. It has the Invincible armor (30 PPE) provides 125 MDC impervious to fire (5 PPE) both equal to level 5.
MDC by location Main body 140 MDC head/helmet 50 MDC, arms 35 MDC, and legs 55 MDC
Cost 650000 credits.
TW mage friendly armor.

SH-A10-TW Rift Explorer armor
This armor is made to allow the wearer to survive and travel through many types of terrine. The armor has the following power Sustain (12) armor of Ithan (10) Swim as fish: Superior (12) Climb (3) all equal to level 5. The armor also includes a built in helmet cam with passive low light vision, and a radio with a special trans dimension option, By spending 6 PPE the wearer can create a small rift to a dimension they are familiar with but requires being within 1 mile of ley line.
MDC by location Main body 35 MDC, helmet 30 MDC, arms 15 MDC, and legs 30 MDC.
Cost 95000 credits.

SH-A20-TW War Mage armor
This armor was created to be used by mages in combat zones. Like the Rift Explorer Armor it uses sustain spell (12) to provide life support of its EBA features. For defense it has invincible armor (30) that provides an extra 125 MDC. For offence it includes a built in for arm blaster that when charged with 8 PPE allows the wearer to shoot blasts for 2d6 MD for 1 melee round. Its built in passive regeneration system 1d6 MDC per hour helps with field recovery.
MDC by location Main body 35 MDC, helmet 30 MDC, arms 15 MDC, and legs 30 MDC.
Cost 245000 credits

taalismn
Priest

Fun armors....makes buying off-the-rack easier than customizing.

Oh, and the Red Child in Rifts China can be considered to be 'cute'. I believe there's also a Blue Line Demon that can emulate the sound and general appearance of a child, before it turns on you. ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

SH special Kusari-Gama
This weapon consists of a sickle and chain, the sickle has a vibro-blade while the weight at the end of the chain has a similar device to the neural mace. Save vs neural device is 16 or higher see Page 259 in Rifts ultimate edition for the affects (same as neural mace).
Damage 2d6 MD for the sickle the chain inflicts 1d4 SD/HP when used to strike.
Cost 20000 credits

SH Energy sword
This weapon was reverse engineered from a alien weapon that acquired during a trans-dimensional excursion. The blade is composed of magnetically shaped energy and can be used to parry bullets and energy weapons but doing so is hard -6 and no bonus. The sword last for 20 minutes on a standard E-clip. They appear as a just a handle with a slot until activated.
Damage 3d6 MD
Cost 19000 credits

SH-TW water cutters
These weapons where inspired by documents of pre-rifts cavitation using high pressure water cutters to cut some hard material. They use magically high pressure water contained in a magic field to cut threw MDC material. Note although these weapons can damage Vampires the magical containment of the water prevents them from killing them. Currently there are two forms on the market the knife and sword. The knife requires 5 PPE to activate and the sword requires 10 PPE to activate both last for 3 minutes per activation. They appear as a just a handle with a slot until activated.
Damage 2d6 MD for the knife and 4d6 MD for the sword
Cost 40000 for the knife and 70000 for the sword.

SH-TW Thrown Disk
This weapon appears to be a ring about 12 inches in diameter with a handle running from one end to the other. (From the inside of the ring on one end to the inside of the ring on the other.) When powered with 20 PPE and thrown the ring will inflict 1d6 MD on a hit, however the ring will magically float and keep striking the target until it one or the other is destroyed or the time runs out. The ring has 3 attacks and is +1 to strike (note every action taken by the thrower before it is thrown including throwing it is reduced from the rings actions for the first melee round.) The ring has 20 MDC a range of 60 feet, and has a duration of 5 melee rounds.
Damage 1d6 MD with a range of 60 feet.
Cost 55000 credits.

SH-TW Escape sword.
This TW modified Vibro-swords when activated makes the user invisible and creates an illusion of them holding the sword. The sword then can fight to hold off pursuit the sword has 4 attacks and is + 1 to attack activating the sword takes 60 PPE has a duration of 2 and half minutes (10 melee turns).
Damage 2d6 MD
Cost 100000 credits.

SH-TW Barrier Shield
This high tech shield has 60 MDC and can be activated to create a Wall of defense (55 PPE) that last for 5 melee rounds (cast at level 5 force.) See page 132 for stats of the wall. The shield has a PPE battery that can store 55 PPE but can only be used for actuating the shield. This shield can be used like any MDC shield to block incoming attacks and has a passive regeneration system of 1d6 MDC per hour.
70 MDC
Cost 150000 credits.

SH-TW Shield Blaster
This shield has the ability to absorb and store incoming energy attacks then release the energy later in its own attacks. The shield can absorb and store up to 120 MDC worth of incoming energy attacks and store them in its battery. However any incoming energy beyond what it can store at the time damages the shield normally (if the shield has stored 115MD and is hit with a laser that inflicts 7 it would adsorb the first 5MD then be damaged by the remaining 2 MD). Once the energy is adsorb it can be used to power its own attacks. Attacks by the shield can do up to 4d6 MD you always roll 4d6 MD but it cannot deal more damage than sorted (if the shield has 7 MD stored and the damage roll is 12 it deals 7 not 12). Note always roll damage on any attack even if it misses to see how much energy is used up.
MDC 70
Cost 750000 credits.

taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:SH-TW Shield Blaster
This shield has the ability to absorb and store incoming energy attacks then release the energy later in its own attacks. The shield can absorb and store up to 120 MDC worth of incoming energy attacks and store them in its battery. However any incoming energy beyond what it can store at the time damages the shield normally (if the shield has stored 115MD and is hit with a laser that inflicts 7 it would adsorb the first 5MD then be damaged by the remaining 2 MD). Once the energy is adsorb it can be used to power its own attacks. Attacks by the shield can do up to 4d6 MD you always roll 4d6 MD but it cannot deal more damage than sorted (if the shield has 7 MD stored and the damage roll is 12 it deals 7 not 12). Note always roll damage on any attack even if it misses to see how much energy is used up.
MDC 70
Cost 750000 credits.

Ask any BOLO with Y-band energy shielding; absorbing an enemy's energy attack and throwing it back at them is a GOOD thing. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
BlueLion
Wanderer

taalismn wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:SH-TW Shield Blaster
MDC 70
Cost 750000 credits.

Ask any BOLO with Y-band energy shielding; absorbing an enemy's energy attack and throwing it back at them is a GOOD thing. 8)

Wait are you saying some one else already created it? maybe I should scrap/delete it.

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Is it bed time yet.
Blue_Lion
Knight

SH-P9 Ion pistol
This pistol frame is molded after the pre rifts semi-automatic pistols such as the colt 1911, but made of black MDC plastics. The pistol has a built in laser sight to help with accuracy +1 to aim strike.
Damage 3d6 MD
Payload 10 shots per E-clip
Range 500 feet
Cost 9000 credits

SH-P15 Sonic pistol “Screamer”
This Pistol fires blast of devastating sound. Nick named screamer these pistols have a rather bulky appearance. The pistol inflicts double damage to targets under water, and has double range under water.
Damage 2d6 MD
Payload 15 shots per E-clip
Range 300 feet
Cost 6000 credits

SH-R11 Variable Frequency Pulse Laser Rifle
This laser rifle is variable frequency allowing it to do full damage to laser resistant targets like the Glitter Boy PA, as well as a 3 shot pulse. It also includes a rail system for quick attaching and removing of accessories see below for a list of rifle rail accessories.
Damage 2d6 MD per single blast 6d6 MD for a 3 blast pulse.
Range 1500 feet
Payload 30 shots per short E-clip 40 for a long E-clip.
Cost 30000 credits

SH-R27 Ion Pulse Rifle
This rifle can fire 3 simulates ion shots and has a rail system similar to the SH-R11. This is Skyhooks most popular energy rifle, due to its decent damage and high durability.
Damage 3d6 +2 MD per single shot or 1d6X 10 per bust (three simultaneous shots.)
Payload 30 shots (10 burst) per long E-clip
Range 1500 feet.
Cost 40000

SH-R40 Sonic Rifle “Banshee”
This sonic energy rifle nick named the Banshee also features the same rail system as the SH-R11. Deals double damage to targets underwater and has double range under water.
Damage 5d6 MD
Range 1000 feet
Payload 15 shots per long E-clip
Cost 30000 credits

SH-R18 Laser Sniper Rifle
This long range rifle has a built in multi-optic scope that has vision magnification, thermal imaging and passive low light vision. The rifle uses a special charging capacitor to achieve high damage out put in a single shot with a laser rifle, however do to this it only fires 1 shot per Melee round.
Damage 1d6X10+10 MD
Range 4000 feet
Rate of Fire 1 shot per melee round
Payload 10 shots per long E-clip
Cost 50000 credits

SH-GL18 Fully automatic grenade launcher
This heavy weapon is normally fired from a tripod or vehicle mount. There are two ways to deal with damage output from fully automatic grenade launcher and I leave the choice to the GM/group to decide which of the two the will allow to be used or even if both can be. The first option is to use the rules for modern ranged weapons (guns) double damage for 3 round burst, five times damage a 10 round burst. The second option is increase area coverage were the grenades cover as area as wide as the blast radius and as long as blast radius X number of grenades fired. Note for ease all grenades on the belt should be the same type.
Damage by grenade type: See munition table Grenade
Range 2000 feet
Rate of fire: single shot 3 round burst 10 round burst.
Payload normally belts of 20-100 grenades.
Cost 150000 credits

Common rail mount accessories
• For grip-mounts under barrel cost 65 credits
• Laser sight- can be mounted on top the barrel, the side the barrel or under barrel cost 1000 credits
• Close combat optics-Top mounted this scope is normally 2.5 mag and has some sort of holographic target reticle cost 500 credits
• Multi optic scope-Top mount-has vision magnification, thermal imaging and passive low light vision Cost 20000 credits

Under barrel weapons.

taalismn
Priest

BlueLion wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Wait are you saying some one else already created it? maybe I should scrap/delete it.

Ah...you don't have to worry about that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolo_(tank)

Sorry about the confusion. Obscure sci-fi nerd reference.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I came across this and I am hoping that you will continue this in the near future.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®”