Looking for feedback on a possible Rifts-related submission

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FrankSerpico
D-Bee

Looking for feedback on a possible Rifts-related submission

Unread post by FrankSerpico »

I'm thinking of writing up some updated world info on Mexico and the Southwest focusing on a war between Vampires down in Mexico and its effects on the surrounding area. I'm thinking it will start off with a surprise attack by combined forces of Ixzotz and Muluc rifting into Milta, and managing to kill both the Master Vampires under the control of the Vampire Intelligence there while also wiping out a large portion of their slaves and minions. A few Secondary vampires manage to survive and cobble together some sort of a counterrattack, but only direct intervention from the Mexico Empire saves Milta from being totally overrun. Employing another devious tactic made available to them thanks to some deals made in smoky backrooms in New Del Rio, Juarez, El Paso and Monterrey, the Master Vampires of Ixzotz then give the okay to a fairly large mercenary force made up of Pecos bandits under Warlord Carlos Arroyo mentioned in Aftermath, Gang members from Juarez and El Paso, and freebooters just looking to make a buck to move South and launch an attack on the Mexico Empire while a good portion of their forces are occupied in Milta. That's the basic gist of what I have so far. Here are some angles I'm toying with, please give feedback:
-Would it be at all possible for the Vampire Intelligence behind the Mexico Empire to manipulate Reid's Rangers into moving against the Ixzotz/Muluc alliance?
-How does Sabre Lasar react to the participation of Pecos raiders in the war? Does he even care? Last I checked he was one of the many denizens of Rifts Earth still not aware of the true extent of Vampire influence in Mexico/Central America, but he and the other Warlord were wary of Arroyo and his growing power.
-Should Lone Star get involved? Desmond Bradford seems to know a helluva lot more about the region and what really goes on there than anyone else in the CS, and he's not likely to ignore what looks like an alliance between Vampires and a Pecos Warlord.
Lastly, if someone could give me some info on the new Lemurian presence in Mexico it would be greatly appreciated. I lack the revised edition of the book.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”