NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I still don't like the radiation aspect, but that is personal preference of not wanting to make a power more dangerous than it already is if you don't have to. I have never been one for excess.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I still don't like the radiation aspect, but that is personal preference of not wanting to make a power more dangerous than it already is if you don't have to. I have never been one for excess.

True; I'm not fond of that myself; gamma rays and nuclear radiation are on the OPPOSITE end of the spectrum from infrared/heat radiation.
If anything, it shouldn't be fallout, it should be bursts of microwaves.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ferzth
D-Bee

Unread post by Ferzth »

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I still don't like the radiation aspect, but that is personal preference of not wanting to make a power more dangerous than it already is if you don't have to. I have never been one for excess.

True; I'm not fond of that myself; gamma rays and nuclear radiation are on the OPPOSITE end of the spectrum from infrared/heat radiation.

Taalismn and SG:

Thank you for the feedback and questions.

However I envision the radiation-esque power options of the Elemental Entity will/may differ from the player/character and their interpretation of the effects of the overall power. That's intentional.

Whether the effect(s) come about from gamma rays, photons of light, bursts of microwaves, incandescent particles that can be seen with the naked eye and cling to the environment/targets, yada yada yada, is up to the individual player character.

I enjoy powers less if they are too specific and confining, forcing me to either play the power, unhappily and unsatisfied, as-written, or to house-rule the s**t out of it, or simply rewrite it into something along the lines of what I wanted to play in the first place (and hoping the GM will accept my rewrite instead of the original).

Example:

Superman (or Bizarro Superman) has Heat Vision and is able to shoot semi-visible beams of 'heat' energy from his eyes to various effect. Cool power and CGI. But what if his 'heat' vision was actually gamma rays instead that had the possibility of giving his target(s) cancer or making them sick and nauseous, instead of simply causing burns and scars? Or doing both? Or some combination? Also a cool power and the damage could entirely be done to the internal organs instead of visible holes/burns/scarring on the skin or whatever effect the player's power interpretation would have on a target.

A non-nuclear-esque firestorm could cause burns and scars and heat exhaustion while a nuclear-esque firestorm could cause radiation damage and poisoning.

And as I stated previously, the radiation/fallout OPTION is simply an option, nothing more. If you don't want to use it, don't. If you don't want your players to have that option, then say no. Simple as that. But better to have a radiation/fallout (or whatever you want to call it) write-up, than to have to pull one out of our collective asses.

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Ferzth wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Taalismn and SG:

However I envision the radiation-esque power options of the Elemental Entity will/may differ from the player/character and their interpretation of the effects of the overall power. That's intentional.

Whether the effect(s) come about from gamma rays, photons of light, bursts of microwaves, incandescent particles that can be seen with the naked eye and cling to the environment/targets, yada yada yada, is up to the individual player character.

I enjoy powers less if they are too specific and confining, forcing me to either play the power, unhappily and unsatisfied, as-written, or to house-rule the s**t out of it, or simply rewrite it into something along the lines of what I wanted to play in the first place (and hoping the GM will accept my rewrite instead of the original).

Example:

Superman (or Bizarro Superman) has Heat Vision and is able to shoot semi-visible beams of 'heat' energy from his eyes to various effect. Cool power and CGI. But what if his 'heat' vision was actually gamma rays instead that had the possibility of giving his target(s) cancer or making them sick and nauseous, instead of simply causing burns and scars? Or doing both? Or some combination? Also a cool power and the damage could entirely be done to the internal organs instead of visible holes/burns/scarring on the skin or whatever effect the player's power interpretation would have on a target.

If it were gamma rays it would be called 'gamma vision' instead of 'heat vision' then, and he already had a separate hard radiation vision power that was his 'x-ray vision', they just didn't realize back then how lethal x-rays were so routinely treated his X-ray vision as harmless rather than potentially deadly (such as when he bizarrely used his x-ray vision to evaporate a pond kids were swimming in, which would have given all of them lethal radiation exposure).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Ferzth wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Taalismn and SG:

Example:

A non-nuclear-esque firestorm could cause burns and scars and heat exhaustion while a nuclear-esque firestorm could cause radiation damage and poisoning.

And as I stated previously, the radiation/fallout OPTION is simply an option, nothing more. If you don't want to use it, don't. If you don't want your players to have that option, then say no. Simple as that. But better to have a radiation/fallout (or whatever you want to call it) write-up, than to have to pull one out of our collective asses.

I just don't see it as being true to the nature of the specific energy elemental you are creating. Sure, you can add whatever you want to a heat power, but it is no longer strictly that kind of power. I don't see it as being true to the spirit of the Create Elemental Entity powers that way, and I have a say in it as I was one of the ones originally writing in this new power category, with Gryphon Chick having done Storm Cloud only, with myself having done Quicksand and Tornado and Whirlwind. And as Gryphon Chick and I are now working on others, perhaps you should allow us to do that.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I can see what Ferzth was trying to do when he wrote a nuclear firestorm option, and people are free to work from my contributions, but I will be posting new ones for this category and if you wish to work off of my powers I would like notification or a request before you do so in the future.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Nightmask
Palladin

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Ferzth wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Taalismn and SG:

Example:

I just don't see it as being true to the nature of the specific energy elemental you are creating. Sure, you can add whatever you want to a heat power, but it is no longer strictly that kind of power. I don't see it as being true to the spirit of the Create Elemental Entity powers that way, and I have a say in it as I was one of the ones originally writing in this new power category, with Gryphon Chick having done Storm Cloud only, with myself having done Quicksand and Tornado and Whirlwind. And as Gryphon Chick and I are now working on others, perhaps you should allow us to do that.

Unfortunately there is a precedent from Palladium of things being radioactive that don't logically follow from the material presented. For example, there's a race in Aliens Unlimited I believe that's from a world where the UV levels are lethal compared to Earth and apparently because the author hears the word 'radiation' after 'UV' he has the alien race immune to both radiation and being radioactive even though UV isn't going to make anything radioactive in the sense being given.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
taalismn
Priest

Nightmask wrote:[
If it were gamma rays it would be called 'gamma vision' instead of 'heat vision' then, and he already had a separate hard radiation vision power that was his 'x-ray vision', they just didn't realize back then how lethal x-rays were so routinely treated his X-ray vision as harmless rather than potentially deadly (such as when he bizarrely used his x-ray vision to evaporate a pond kids were swimming in, which would have given all of them lethal radiation exposure).

Plus his 'X-Ray Vision' isn't necessarily an active emitter of radiation, but could rather be a passive sensitivity to radiations flowing in the other direction. His 'heat vision' may be an entirely different power using different structures in the eyes...like, say, LASER vision, concentrating gathered or internally generated light and focusing it through the lense of the eye. He may be able to modulate the frequency of them, including infrared.
Now admittedly, a favorite sci-fi weapon is the X-Ray Laser, but I don't think Lois would appreciate getting accidentally nuked every time Clark was feeling voyeuristic.
But then we get into trying to make real world SENSE of superpowers and that takes some of the fun out of it.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmask
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Nightmask wrote:[

Plus his 'X-Ray Vision' isn't necessarily an active emitter of radiation, but could rather be a passive sensitivity to radiations flowing in the other direction. His 'heat vision' may be an entirely different power using different structures in the eyes...like, say, LASER vision, concentrating gathered or internally generated light and focusing it through the lense of the eye. He may be able to modulate the frequency of them, including infrared.
Now admittedly, a favorite sci-fi weapon is the X-Ray Laser, but I don't think Lois would appreciate getting accidentally nuked every time Clark was feeling voyeuristic.
But then we get into trying to make real world SENSE of superpowers and that takes some of the fun out of it.

Well for Superman up through the Silver Age his X-ray vision was active emission of x-rays (a plot point in the original 1950s TV series was a criminal tricking Superman into using his mega-powerful X-ray vision on something so it would be transmuted into radium so he could profit off of it), it wasn't until I believe the First Crisis reboot that they dropped it into the passive category rather than active radiation emitter (since active emission would make him dangerous to everyone given how routinely he scans people, there'd be a death toll in the thousands at least from his x-ray vision).

You also need some real world sense even with super-powers, even if you can't explain a particular mechanism logical consequences still have to looked at to maintain willing suspension of disbelief. For example, Radioactive Man, when he was added to the Thunderbolts they finally started considering the actual consequences of a guy who goes around using radiation as an attack and always emits low levels of radiation as they considered the downsides and how many he'd killed from cancer and radiation poisoning over the years. Same with Nuke from Squadron Supreme, his radiation emission has grown beyond his containment suit at the time to control and he had to learn he'd basically killed his parents with radiation-induced cancer.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I do like the possibility of a photonic and fire-based powers in the Create Elemental Entitiy category, I am just not in favor of using radioactive elements in the powers.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Time Out by Stone Gargoyle

This power has a major version and a minor version. I will be listing the minor and major differences as I go through and describe the power rather than list them separately.
The character can create force field cubes and fill them with temporal stasis energy to create a form of temporal stasis chamber. The force field cubes can be erected around targets to contain them until they can be otherwise apprehended or until reinforcements arrive.

Range:
Minor - The character can create the force field cubes up to a distance of 30 feet from himself, plus 3 feet per level of experience. Creates a cube of up to 5 cubic feet in size, plus an additional cubic foot at level 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Major - The character can create the force field cubes up to a distance of 300 feet from himself, plus 30 feet per level of experience. Creates a cube of up to 10 cubic feet in size, plus an additional cubic foot per level starting at level 2.

Duration:
Minor - Five minutes, plus one minute per level of experience
Major - One hour per level level of experience

Attacks: Uses Two melee attacks/actions to create a force field cube or to deactivate it, plus an additional melee attack/action to activate or deactivate the temporal stasis energy.

Saving Throw: Those within the cube may save vs. the temporal stasis effect/energy. Those making the save vs. the temporal stasis energy are still reduced to half speed and suffer -4 to initiative while in the cube (see Temporal Stasis Energy Effects below). Those immune to the effects of temporal energy and time control powers do not need to make a saving throw and do not suffer from any penalties.
Minor - Saving throw is 14 or better, P.E. bonuses to save vs. magic apply
Major - Saving throw is 16 or better, P.E. bonuses to save vs. magic apply

Number of Cubes:
Minor - Can create a single cube at level one, plus an additional cube at levels 4, 8 and 12
Major - Can create a single cube at level one, plus an additional cube at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15

Cube Strength:
Minor - Force fields of the cube have a Natural A.R. of 16, requiring a 17 or better to do damage to the force fields, and S.D.C. equal to 5 per foot of the surface of the cube, with all S.D.C. having to be depleted in order to drop the force fields.
Major - Force fields of the cube have a Natural A.R. of 19, requiring a 20 or better to do damage to the force fields, and S.D.C. equal to 30 per foot of the surface of the cube, with all S.D.C. having to be depleted in order to drop the force fields.

Cube Weight: Force field cubes can be lifted and moved, stacked, etc., by those with the strength to lift them. A force field cube weighs 30 pounds per cubic foot, plus the weight of the occupants of the cube.

Temporal Energy: The force field cube may be filled with temporal stasis energy, or not and simply be used as a force cage. If filled with temporal stasis energy, a saving throw must be made to avoid having time stopped for anyone within the cube, rendering anyone not immune to the effects of temporal anomalies and time manipulation inert and motionless. If the force fields are broken while someone is under the effects of the temporal stasis energy, the destruction of the cube will release the temporal stasis energy and cause it to dissipate within 1d4 melee rounds. Once free, those still in the area where the energy has not yet dissipated, and those passing through it, will be reduced to half speed and suffer -4 to initiative. GMs may determine any other penalties to combat due to the temporal energy slowing weapon strikes and combat moves. Projectile weapons will not work at all within the temporal energy field.

Other Notes: If the character elects not to fill the force field cube with temporal energy, the available oxygen supply is the equivalent of one half hour per cubic foot of the cube for a single occupant, with said oxygen becoming less and less with a greater number of occupants. Size of the cube must be set when the cube is created and cannot be changed once erected. The number of occupants per force field cube is limited only the cube size.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Time Out by Stone Gargoyle.

"There, that ought to hold you for a while!"

Cool. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Time Out by Stone Gargoyle.

"There, that ought to hold you for a while!"

Cool. 8)
I'm glad you like it. I have others rattling around my head as well that will be up as I have time to get them sorted out and put to paper.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I think I should do a power dump soon as well.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:I think I should do a power dump soon as well.

Batts
Good, glad to hear you are still with us. I shall look forward to reading them. :D
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I am reluctant to make a full-blown Photonic Sphere ability because of the damage being constant with these powers, so I limited myself to doing a solar sphere minor power for now.

Create Elemental Entity: Solar Sphere (minor) by Gryphon Chick
"Let's shed a little light on the subject."

The character can generate a sphere of artificial light that is self-aware and can move on its own or at the direction of the character.

Range: The character can create the sphere at a distance of up to 300 feet from himself, plus 30 feet per level of experience.
Duration: The sphere can remain in existence for up to ten minutes per level of experience of the character.
Attacks: Uses two melee attacks/actions to create the sphere or to cause it to disappear.
Movement: The sphere can move within the range of the power at a rate of speed equal to the character's ME attribute number.

1. Energy Sphere: The sphere is composed of artificial light which is super-bright. Anyone looking directly at the sphere is blinded for 3d4 melee rounds (-10 penalty to strike, parry and dodge and lose initiative, with a 01-65% chance of tripping/falling when trying to walk) and those within the range of the harmful light of the sphere are -5 to all combat moves (this -5 penalty continues to partially blind those affected after they leave the area of the light for 1d6 melee rounds). The character himself is immune to the blinding effects of the sphere and the heat it radiates.
Range: Harmful, blinding light is radiated from a sphere that is one foot in diameter and affects a radius of 20 feet, plus five feet per character level of experience. The light actually lights up the area to a range of 200 feet, plus 50 feet per character level of experience, but this extended range of light does no damage and is not blinding, merely providing light to see by if there would otherwise be darkness.
Duration: Constant while the sphere is in existence.
Damage: The sphere radiates heat that does 1d6 points of damage per melee round to exposed skin and organic tissue, with double damage being done to vampires, Shadow Beasts and other creatures of the night. Grabbing or touching the sphere causes more severe burns and it can slam into people burning them as well, doing 6d6 damage to anyone touching it or hit by the sphere. The sphere completely blinds anyone looking directly at it and partially blinds anyone looking at the light radiated close to it.
Attacks: Uses no attacks/actions to radiate light and heat, as those are automatically generated by the sphere. Attacking with the sphere as a projectile attack or willing it to move in a specific direction uses one melee attack/action.
Saving Throw: A saving throw may be made (to close the eyes and turn around, basically, or to avert the gaze from looking directly at the sphere) against the blinding effects. 16 or better, no bonuses apply for normal eyes; those with cybernetic or bionic eyes are +4 on their saving throw.

2. Other Bonuses:
+1d4 to ME
Penalties for being blinded by other sources of light are halved
Character takes only half damage from energy attacks
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:I am reluctant to make a full-blown Photonic Sphere ability because of the damage being constant with these powers, so I limited myself to doing a solar sphere minor power for now.
I can try and help you if you decide to do a major version. Good job on the minor version.

I myself took a crack at doing a major version of the Detonation or Explosive Power minor superability from Powers Unlimited 1.

Detonation Or Explosive Power (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"I'm gonna blow this place up, yo!"

The character is able to generate an explosive blast similar to a nuclear warhead, with the blast radius centered around the character himself. The super being is impervious to his own explosions and usually finds it amusing to catch opponents off guard by, effectively, blowing himself up.

Range: The character can control the concussion blast radius around him in the following increments: 40 feet, 100 feet, 150 feet, 200 feet and 300 feet; increase each by 100 feet when used underwater.
Damage: 1d4X100 damage at level one, plus 1d4X10 damage per level of experience starting at level two, which cannot be reduced, it always does full damage. Area effect; no aimed shot or extreme long-range distance attacks are possible, but everybody within the blast radius takes full damage from the explosion.
Duration: Instant
Attacks per melee: Each explosive blase counts as two melee attacks.
Bonuses: The super being is impervious to fire and explosions, and is resistant to heavy impacts like getting hit by a car (half damage) which can be reduced by half again if he makes a successful roll with punch, fall or impact (+8 to do so in addition to any bonuses from Hand to Hand skill).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

When I did Time Out, I had also thought of doing a simple force field cage, so here it is.

Force Field Cage (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character form simple shapes out of energy and use them to encase/trap targets. The shape can be any simple form like a sphere, cone, cylinder, dome, box or pyramid. In addition to trapping people, he can use the shape as a projectile weapon, or as ramps, or to hold/support falling structures/buildings.

Range: The character can form the force field cage anywhere up to 400 feet from himself, plus 50 feet per level of experience.

Maximum Size of Force Field: Approximately a 20 foot square, plus 10 feet per level of experience, maximum, though the character may choose to create one that is smaller. Size must be determined when creating it and cannot be altered once it is created. Cannot use the force field cage to crush or suffocate someone.

Duration: The force field cage will remain in existence for one hour per level of experience unless willed to disappear before that time.

Damage: The character can will the force field to move at a rate equal to his ME attribute number in feet per melee action and he can slam it into people for 5d6 damage.

AR and SDC: A force field cage has a Natural AR of 16 and 400 SDC. This means, in most cases, an attacker must roll a 17 or higher to strike and inflict damage on the cage. Any roll to strike under the Armor Rating (AR) bounces off without harm. Rolls that are above the AR 16 inflict damage to the force field SDC. When all 400 SDC are gone, the force field disappears.
Projectiles, arrows, bullets, explosions, force bolts, punches, kicks and most physical attacks only do half damage even when the force field's SDC is exceeded. However, blows from Extraordinary Physical Strength, Superhuman Strength and Supernatural Strength all do full damage, provided the roll to strike is 17 or higher.
Lasers and light-based attacks do half damage to the force field, but all other forms of energy, fire, plasma, heat, cold and energy attacks do full damage. Magic, physical psionic attacks, and shadow powers also do full damage to the force field.

Weight and Strength: The force field cage has a weight of 30 pounds per square foot of size, plus the weight of any occupants of the force field cage.

Attacks Per Melee: Uses two melee attacks/actions to create a force field cage or will it to disappear. Moving a force field cage as an attack uses one melee attack/action.

Number of Cages: Can create a single force field cage at level one, plus an additional cage at levels 4, 8 and 12.

Other Notes: Targets within the force field cages are able to move normally and may attempt to break their way out. The force field lets oxygen and gasses pass through enough to allow those trapped within to breathe. To capture a target with the force field cage, the character must roll to strike (1d20), with penalties to said roll if the target is moving.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I was just watching a show and it got me to thinking about the form shifting powers (I.E. Alter Physical Structure) for the characters bodies. What I was wondering is if anyone has done any based off of prehistoric plants and animals from the various stages of Earths history (such as the Permian period life forms). I was thinking maybe they could be sub-abilities.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

mutation touch!
basically you can move a creature/human up or down the evolutionary sycle at will!
the effect is only temporary though (about 2d12 minuites per level @ a time)per creature effected.
negative side effect-your supsectible to bio-e effects as well @ -12 to save if any!
bonuses-+12 to save against desiese & +3 to pe
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:mutation touch!
basically you can move a creature/human up or down the evolutionary sycle at will!
the effect is only temporary though (about 2d12 minuites per level @ a time)per creature effected.
negative side effect-your supsectible to bio-e effects as well @ -12 to save if any!
bonuses-+12 to save against desiese & +3 to pe
Iczer did one like this, I believe:
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... _Evolution
as well as:
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... Devolution
His are better than yours.
Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I was just watching a show and it got me to thinking about the form shifting powers (I.E. Alter Physical Structure) for the characters bodies. What I was wondering is if anyone has done any based off of prehistoric plants and animals from the various stages of Earths history (such as the Permian period life forms). I was thinking maybe they could be sub-abilities.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
They could be done as Animal Abilities powers or something along those lines. I will see what I can figure out.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

the mutation touch, basically allows the user of said power to make temporary huminiod animals(see tmnt for details of what to expect with this power)
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I figured that since I'm working on so many AtB2 mutants someone could do up stuff for HU2 stuff, like using Alter Physical Structure: Stone and turning into a Stone Triceratops or APS: Air and turning into a Pteranodon made out of cloud.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:the mutation touch, basically allows the user of said power to make temporary huminiod animals(see tmnt for details of what to expect with this power)
You fail to give any sort of details or descriptions with your power concepts, so you are basically wasting board space with ideas for powers which you don't actually flesh out in any detail. Iczer's powers already cover what you are talking about, and he has put in the time on them which you have not. Either flesh out the power in detail or quit wasting our time with it.
Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I figured that since I'm working on so many AtB2 mutants someone could do up stuff for HU2 stuff, like using Alter Physical Structure: Stone and turning into a Stone Triceratops or APS: Air and turning into a Pteranodon made out of cloud.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Those are more of power combos, creative ways of using existing powers, than actually being powers in and of themselves.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:I am reluctant to make a full-blown Photonic Sphere ability because of the damage being constant with these powers, so I limited myself to doing a solar sphere minor power for now.
I can try and help you if you decide to do a major version. Good job on the minor version.
I think I got it okay. Here is what I have:

Create Elemental Entity: Photonic Cloud (Major) by Gryphon Chick

The character can generate a cloud of photon particles which is self-aware and can move on its own within the range of the power. Due to his proximity to the photon cloud he creates, the character creating the cloud is resistant to damage from physical and energy attacks.

1. Photonic Cloud: The character can generate a cloud of photon particles which brighten light in the area of the cloud and which can attack independently of the character.
Range: The character can generate the photon cloud at a distance from himself of up to 300 feet, plus 30 feet per level of experience.
Size of Cloud: The cloud is a gathering of disassociated light particles which gather within a space of 10 feet square, plus 1 foot per level of experience.
Duration: The cloud can remain in existence for up to ten minutes per level of the character's experience.
Attacks: The character uses two melee attacks/actions to generate the photon cloud or to cause it to dissipate. Once created, the cloud itself has a number of attacks equal to 3 at level one, plus an additional attack at levels 4, 8 and 12.
Movement: The photon cloud can move itself within the range of the power at a rate of speed equal to the character's ME attribute number.
Attack Types:
- Photon Blast: The cloud can shoot blasts of photons at targets outside of itself. The photon blast is a "physical" attack, not a light based attack, because it is made of light particles.
Range: Can shoot blasts at targets to a range of 1000 feet, plus 100 feet per level of the character's experience.
Damage: 1d4X10 points of damage +2 per level of the character's experience.
Duration: Instant.
Attacks Per Melee: Each blast/beam counts as one of the cloud's melee attacks.
- Photon Cloud Detonation: The cloud can attack those within the cloud for greater damage.
Range: Touch; target must be within the cloud of particles.
Damage: 2d4X10 damage at level 1, plus 1d4X10 additional damage at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Duration: Instant.
Attacks Per Melee: An attack of this type counts as 2 of the cloud's melee attacks.
Other Effects: Those within the cloud of photon particles suffer a -1 to strike, parry and dodge because of the bright light and the area of the photon cloud is bright enough that characters can see as if in daylight even at night.

2. Resistant to Light Energy and Physical Attacks: The character is resistant to light and laser damage, as well as damage from photon blasts, taking only half damage. He is also resistant to physical strikes and impacts, taking only half damage from such attacks.

3. Other Bonuses:
+2d4 ME
Character suffers only half normal penalties for being blinded due to bright light.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

instant cybernetics!
basically you gain temporary cybernetics usefull for the task at hand!
the cybernetics allow you to use ANY tack unadided
the power is instinctive so there is no chance of failure & the cybernetics last for 2d4 minutes @ a time, just so you know.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:instant cybernetics!
basically you gain temporary cybernetics usefull for the task at hand!
the cybernetics allow you to use ANY tack unadided
the power is instinctive so there is no chance of failure & the cybernetics last for 2d4 minutes @ a time, just so you know.
You don't list whether this is a major power or a minor, nor do you list what limitations it has. Basically it is just a suggestion of a power because you do not detail its actual abilities. It is so vague as to be unreadable. Please stop posting these obviously thoughtless ideas.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:When I did Time Out, I had also thought of doing a simple force field cage, so here it is.

Force Field Cage (minor) by Stone Gargoyle.

"Great stop! How long can you hold him in there?"
"About twenty seconds."
"WHAT?! That's NOTHING!!!!"
"It's how long he has before the fusion block I left in there with him goes off."
"Oh...OH."

Ah, I've been looking for a power like this, though I've been working on a magic spell version of it first.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:When I did Time Out, I had also thought of doing a simple force field cage, so here it is.

"About twenty seconds."
"It's how long he has before the fusion block I left in there with him goes off."
"Oh...OH."
Well, the duration is longer than twenty seconds. I actually debated making it less, but then decided it should be fairly long if the character has to hold the target while waiting for a long while.

taalismn wrote:Ah, I've been looking for a power like this, though I've been working on a magic spell version of it first.
Cool, I'll look forward to seeing the spell version in Invented Spells.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

"About twenty seconds."
"Oh...OH."
Well, the duration is longer than twenty seconds. I actually debated making it less, but then decided it should be fairly long if the character has to hold the target while waiting for a long while.

Don't wanna set the timer on the bomb TOO long or the prisoner might notice the device and destroy it before it has a chance to go off. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

"About twenty seconds."
"Oh...OH."

Don't wanna set the timer on the bomb TOO long or the prisoner might notice the device and destroy it before it has a chance to go off. :twisted:
I might do a major version of the power where the character could electrocute/cook the occupant, or cause it to disappear with the occupant inside. There is always the possibility of creating one where the character can control the size of the cage and cause it to get smaller, crushing the occupant inside as well. So many possibilities.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[]I might do a major version of the power where the character could electrocute/cook the occupant, or cause it to disappear with the occupant inside. There is always the possibility of creating one where the character can control the size of the cage and cause it to get smaller, crushing the occupant inside as well. So many possibilities.

"Threepio! TURN OFF THE GARBAGE COMPACTORS!!!!" :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:[]I might do a major version of the power where the character could electrocute/cook the occupant, or cause it to disappear with the occupant inside. There is always the possibility of creating one where the character can control the size of the cage and cause it to get smaller, crushing the occupant inside as well. So many possibilities.

"Threepio! TURN OFF THE GARBAGE COMPACTORS!!!!" :twisted:
I am definitely going to do a major version or several, but life suddenly got very busy and actually writing said powers has been delayed a bit. I don't expect them to get done until probably another week from now. Still waiting to see what Iczer and others might post here as well.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I am still suffering delays myself. Where are the powers Iczer promised to dump?
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Gryphon Chick wrote:I am still suffering delays myself. Where are the powers Iczer promised to dump?

It's horrible. I work 5 days a week and run games 4 days of the week. My time is being pulled a bit I'm sorry.

Fear not, I do have a post it next to the computer even as we speak, and it is positively festooned with jump words.

I promise.

Insanity mist, Hydra regeneration, heart of coal, siphon, Spine cast, form underneath, Witches brew, Incite Rage, pyrophagia, envenom, Egg generation, declaw, lighthammer, re-skin, rot mind, pound of flesh, deny fate, genome control, time split, lasting impression, leash, elemental merge and Husk-port are ready for typing.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Here is the first of the two Major versions of Force Field Cage.

Shock Cage (Major] by Stone Gargoyle

The character can create a force field cage which he can add electricity to, both the force field itself or to fill the shape with electrical energy.

1. Force Field Cage:The character form simple shapes out of energy and use them to encase/trap targets. The shape can be any simple form like a sphere, cone, cylinder, dome, box or pyramid. In addition to trapping people, he can use the shape as a projectile weapon, or as ramps, or to hold/support falling structures/buildings.

Range: The character can form the force field cage anywhere up to 400 feet from himself, plus 50 feet per level of experience.

Maximum Size of Force Field: Approximately a 20 foot square, plus 10 feet per level of experience, maximum, though the character may choose to create one that is smaller. Size must be determined when creating it and cannot be altered once it is created. Cannot use the force field cage to crush or suffocate someone.

Duration: The force field cage will remain in existence for one hour per level of experience unless willed to disappear before that time.

Damage: The character can will the force field to move at a rate equal to his ME attribute number in feet per melee action and he can slam it into people for 5d6 damage.

AR and SDC: A force field cage has a Natural AR of 19 and 800 SDC. This means, in most cases, an attacker must roll a 20 or higher to strike and inflict damage on the cage. Any roll to strike under the Armor Rating (AR) bounces off without harm. Rolls that are above the AR 19 inflict damage to the force field SDC. When all 800 SDC are gone, the force field disappears.
Projectiles, arrows, bullets, explosions, force bolts, punches, kicks and most physical attacks only do half damage even when the force field's SDC is exceeded. However, blows from Extraordinary Physical Strength, Superhuman Strength and Supernatural Strength all do full damage, provided the roll to strike is 17 or higher.
Lasers and light-based attacks do half damage to the force field, but all other forms of energy, fire, plasma, heat, cold and energy attacks do full damage. Magic, physical psionic attacks, and shadow powers also do full damage to the force field.

Weight and Strength: The force field cage has a weight of 30 pounds per square foot of size, plus the weight of any occupants of the force field cage.

Attacks Per Melee: Uses two melee attacks/actions to create a force field cage or will it to disappear. Moving a force field cage as an attack uses one melee attack/action.

Number of Cages: Can create a single force field cage at level one, plus an additional cage at levels 4, 8 and 12.

Other Notes: Targets within the force field cages are able to move normally and may attempt to break their way out. The force field lets oxygen and gasses pass through enough to allow those trapped within to breathe. To capture a target with the force field cage, the character must roll to strike (1d20), with penalties to said roll if the target is moving.

2. Electrifying the Force Field Cage: The character can electrify the force field itself, making it shock those who touch the field itself. Those touching the field itself will take 1d4 damage and there is a 01-50% chance they will be knocked off their feet (losing initiative and one melee attack).

Range: Touch

Damage: 1d4 SDC damage and possible knock-down.

Duration: The force field cage can be electrified for five minutes, plus two minutes per level of experience.

Attacks Per Melee: Electrifying the field uses one melee attack/action, plus an additional melee attack/action per melee round to maintain.

3. Fill the Force Field Cage with Electrical Energy: The character can fill the cage with cracking electrical energy.

Range: Affects everyone inside the force field cage.

Damage: 4d6 damage for every five seconds within the energy field.

Duration: One full melee round (can be instantly renewed)

Attacks Per Melee: Filling the force field cage with electrical energy counts as two melee attacks/actions.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Here are two Major versions of minor superabilities found in the books.

Energy Expulsion: Electrical Field (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
This is a Major version of the minor super ability from page 231 of the HU2 core rulebook.
The character can turn himself into a living dynamo, crackling with electrical energy. Standing stationary, the character can generate a field of electricity around himself affecting everyone within a 120 foot area (at least at first level). Victims caught in the field will suffer damage for every five seconds trapped in the field (equal to 2-3 melee attacks). Experienced characters (3rd level or higher) can diminish the field's damage to as little as 1d6 per five seconds of exposure.
While the field is up, the character is impervious to electrical and energy attacks. Projectiles, bullets, and thrown objects are -8 to strike, but they do full damage if they hit. Fire, other forms of energy, magic and psionics are not hampered by the electrical field.
Range: 100 foot area, +20 feet per level of experience.
Damage: 4d6 per every five seconds within the energy field, plus 1d6 at levels 4, 8 and 12.
Duration: One full melee (can be instantly renewed).
Attacks Per Melee: The erection of the field counts as two melee attacks/actions. Remaining attacks/actions can be performed from within the electrical field- dodge and parry as usual.
Bonuses: Area effect; no aimed or long-range attacks are possible, but everybody within the radius of the field takes damage.

Personal Force Field (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
This is a Major version of the minor super ability from PU1 page 36.
The character is able to generate a form of force field armor which is transparent yet visible and surrounds them along the contours of their body.
Range: Self
Damage: None
Duration: Permanent until destroyed or dispelled.
Attacks Per Melee: Creating the Personal Force Field uses one melee attack/action.
AR of the Personal Force Field: The Personal Force Field has a Natural AR of 14 at level one, plus 1 AR at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
SDC of the Personal Force Field: Twenty SDC for each of the character's PE attribute points, plus 100 SDC per level of experience. Plus the field automatically regenerates lost SDC at a rate of ten per minute.
Additional Notes: Maintaining the field does not cost anything and the field will remain in place even if he loses consciousness or is possessed. There are tiny openings to let air in, otherwise the character would suffocate, so gases, disease and radiation are a danger, as are heat and cold, even though fire, energy blasts and ice are stopped by the field.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Personal Force Field- Revised (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
This is a revised version of the minor super ability from PU1 page 36.
The character is able to generate a form of force field armor which is transparent yet visible and surrounds them along the contours of their body.
Range: Self
Damage: None
Duration: Permanent until destroyed or dispelled.
Attacks Per Melee: Creating the Personal Force Field uses one melee attack/action.
AR of the Personal Force Field: The Personal Force Field has a Natural AR of 12 at level one, plus 1 AR at levels 4,8, and 12.
SDC of the Personal Force Field: Two SDC for each of the character's PE attribute points, plus 10 SDC per level of experience. Plus the field automatically regenerates lost SDC at a rate of one per minute.
Additional Notes: Maintaining the field does not cost anything but the field will not remain in place if the character loses consciousness or is possessed. There are tiny openings to let air in, otherwise the character would suffocate, so gases, disease and radiation are a danger, as are heat and cold, even though fire, energy blasts and ice are stopped by the field.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Here is the second of the two Major versions of Force Field Cage.

Compactor Cage (Major] by Stone Gargoyle

The character can create a force field cage which he can change the size of once it has been constructed to enlarge it or cause it to shrink, potentially crushing whatever or whoever is inside.

1. Force Field Cage:The character form simple shapes out of energy and use them to encase/trap targets. The shape can be any simple form like a sphere, cone, cylinder, dome, box or pyramid. In addition to trapping people, he can use the shape as a projectile weapon, or as ramps, or to hold/support falling structures/buildings.

Maximum Size of Force Field: The character can create a cage approximately 20 foot square, plus 10 feet per level of experience, maximum, though the character may choose to create one that is smaller. Size must be determined when creating it and but can be altered once it is created (see below).

AR and SDC: A force field cage has a Natural AR of 19 and 800 SDC. This means, in most cases, an attacker must roll a 20 or higher to strike and inflict damage on the cage. Any roll to strike under the Armor Rating (AR) bounces off without harm. Rolls that are above the AR 19 inflict damage to the force field SDC. When all 800 SDC are gone, the force field disappears.

2. Changing the size of the Force Field Cage: Once the force field cage has been created, the character can enlarge or shrink the force field cage, making it larger or smaller at a rate of one foot per increase or decrease. Those inside the force field cage will take damage from it if the character attempts to make it smaller than what is inside it.

Maximum and Minimum Size: If the cage was created at less than its maximum size, or if the character has made it smaller, the character can increase the size of the force field cage up to the maximum size for his character level. The character can decrease the size of the force field cage to a minimum of one foot square. If the size of the cage is to be less than the contents, the character can use this to crush/squeeze whatever is inside smaller.

Range: To change the size of a force field cage, the character must be within 40 feet of the cage, plus 5 feet per level of experience.

Damage: The force field cage will crush/squeeze objects and occupants inside it when attempting to become a size smaller than they are. Damage is based on the Supernatural PS of the force field cage as based on the ME of the character (see Strength above).
PS 15 or less: Crush/squeeze does 3d6 damage
PS 16 to 20: Crush/squeeze does 4d6 damage
PS 21 to 25: Crush/squeeze does 6d6 damage
PS 26 or more: Crush/squeeze does 1d4X10 damage

Duration: Once changed, the size of the force field cage remains constant until changed again.

Attacks Per Melee: Changing the size of the force field cage uses two melee attacks/actions per attempt. Trying to change the size by crushing/squeezing an occupant counts as one attempt.

3. Other Bonuses: +2d4 ME
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I am contemplating doing some alternate versions of tentacles, including a Hair Tentacles power. I had thought I had done one like that before, but apparently not. I have lost track of what powers I have done and which I have only thought about doing.
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Re: Explain storage capacity by example. I'm confused.

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:Personal Space (Major) by Roscoe Del’Tane
" Like my shirt? No? Howabout VOOP! this one?”

This power is sort of a combination of Dimensional Room and Instant Wardrobe/Weapons. The character has a pocket in their body, that will allow them to almost instantly grasp anything they had stored.

1) Store Items. Initially the character can store double their body weight, and every level after one, the character can add three times their M.E. to their storage space. Only non-living items can be safely stored, but anything can be put into storage. Every melee that a living being is in Storage, the victim takes 3d4 damage, and the character with Personal Space takes double damage directly to hit points. The character can store up to their M.E. in pounds per melee round, and they can only store what can be held or worn by the character (so Power armor is ok, but not a motorcycle or a tank).

2) Quick draw: With weapons, the character can almost instantly materialize a weapon in hand. For every 3 lbs (per level) materialized, one melee action is expended, this counts for both hands (and tentacles if you have different appendages). For the first melee the character uses the weapon, they enjoy a +2 to strike and parry (if applicable) with that item. For non weapon items, the character can materialize 5 pounds per level for one melee action.

3) Body Armor and Clothing: The character can cause any complete change of cloths to instantly appear on their body, for only one melee action, but it cannot include any type of armor. Armor costs two melee attack for every 3 points of A.R. it has. The A.R. per pair of melee attacks goes up by one at levels 2, 5, and 7.

4) Assorted Notes and Bonuses:
Things that are stored, come out in the same state as they went in, the storage area is in a state of quantum stasis (so you can’t store a bomb, and let it detonate in the store room; it will continue to take up space until you pull it out again, and the times will be at the same time as it went in at), and upon the characters death, all their stored items comes flooding out into their immediate bodily area.

Whenever the character fails against Horror Factor or a mental psionic attack, they have a 50-50 chance of randomly swapping out one clothing item/weapon.

The character can attempt to store energy attacks/gunfire/thrown attacks. They have to make a parry attack roll at -3, and for every 1d6 worth of damage the character uses up five pounds of storage space (this space is ‘burnt up’ for 2 hours -5 min per level).

H.P. bonus of 3d6+10

After the third level, the character can ‘blast’ himself clean by rapidly changing cloths to fling dirt and filth off of himself. This only takes three or four clothing changes, and also has the benefit of refreshing the character mentally (roughly the equivalent of a two or three hour nap, no good for the lo0ng term, but good for a quick pick me up).

1)Store Items. If hero is 200 lbs. He can store 400 lbs. at level 1, and 800 lbs. at level 3?? The hero's ME is 16, so X3 is 48 and that's how many items he can store inside him?? Then you later quoted can store (ME) 16 lbs. per melee round?? See where I'm going?? I'm confused, help out a fellow gamer.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Re: Explain storage capacity by example. I'm confused.

ESREVER333 wrote:
Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:Personal Space (Major) by Roscoe Del’Tane
" Like my shirt? No? Howabout VOOP! this one?”

This power is sort of a combination of Dimensional Room and Instant Wardrobe/Weapons. The character has a pocket in their body, that will allow them to almost instantly grasp anything they had stored.

1) Store Items. Initially the character can store double their body weight, and every level after one, the character can add three times their M.E. to their storage space. Only non-living items can be safely stored, but anything can be put into storage. Every melee that a living being is in Storage, the victim takes 3d4 damage, and the character with Personal Space takes double damage directly to hit points. The character can store up to their M.E. in pounds per melee round, and they can only store what can be held or worn by the character (so Power armor is ok, but not a motorcycle or a tank).

2) Quick draw: With weapons, the character can almost instantly materialize a weapon in hand. For every 3 lbs (per level) materialized, one melee action is expended, this counts for both hands (and tentacles if you have different appendages). For the first melee the character uses the weapon, they enjoy a +2 to strike and parry (if applicable) with that item. For non weapon items, the character can materialize 5 pounds per level for one melee action.

3) Body Armor and Clothing: The character can cause any complete change of cloths to instantly appear on their body, for only one melee action, but it cannot include any type of armor. Armor costs two melee attack for every 3 points of A.R. it has. The A.R. per pair of melee attacks goes up by one at levels 2, 5, and 7.

4) Assorted Notes and Bonuses:
Things that are stored, come out in the same state as they went in, the storage area is in a state of quantum stasis (so you can’t store a bomb, and let it detonate in the store room; it will continue to take up space until you pull it out again, and the times will be at the same time as it went in at), and upon the characters death, all their stored items comes flooding out into their immediate bodily area.

Whenever the character fails against Horror Factor or a mental psionic attack, they have a 50-50 chance of randomly swapping out one clothing item/weapon.

The character can attempt to store energy attacks/gunfire/thrown attacks. They have to make a parry attack roll at -3, and for every 1d6 worth of damage the character uses up five pounds of storage space (this space is ‘burnt up’ for 2 hours -5 min per level).

H.P. bonus of 3d6+10

After the third level, the character can ‘blast’ himself clean by rapidly changing cloths to fling dirt and filth off of himself. This only takes three or four clothing changes, and also has the benefit of refreshing the character mentally (roughly the equivalent of a two or three hour nap, no good for the lo0ng term, but good for a quick pick me up).

1)Store Items. If hero is 200 lbs. He can store 400 lbs. at level 1, and 800 lbs. at level 3?? The hero's ME is 16, so X3 is 48 and that's how many items he can store inside him?? Then you later quoted can store (ME) 16 lbs. per melee round?? See where I'm going?? I'm confused, help out a fellow gamer.
No, he could store 400 pounds at level one plus 48 pounds per level is what he initially said. He then contradicts himself with the ME number of pounds per melee round bit. I think he may have meant that the character can exceed his hold limit by that much, but it is unclear.
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Re:

Iczer wrote:Pocket Universe [Tentatively major]
[size=12]"I know a place that is just looking for a groundskeeper my friend..care to step inside?"[/size]

The character keeps a small, transdimensional space inside his own body. This space, when entered, appears to be rouighly his ME in miles on a side. The pocket universe has a earth like terrain (or whaterver terrain is suitable for the character" with whatever cosmentic features he deems [Such as a series of homes surrounding a waterfall]. The realm is self sustaining.
To enter, a target must be either willing or restrained. an unwilling victim may make a save (14+ ME bonuses count) to resist. nayone who successfully resists cannot enter for 24 hours. Once inside, the only way out is to be let out. The creator of this universe can communicate telepathically with the occupants like regular speech, but unless he is actively spying, then he is unaware of wta hgoes on insdie his realm.
The character can also visit from time to time, by entering a meditative trance, he may create a copy of his own body inside the realm, and wander as any other person sealed inside.

Cool, this place could also be used to lock up Extremely dangerous villains that no earthly prison can hold them. Sort of like banishment. And possibly let them out if they change their evil ways, like parole or pardon.

I understand ME=miles in the Pocket Universe's side, but what is miles of the radius in the Pocket Universe?
Fact: the Earth radius is 3,900+miles in radius.

So I'm guessing the Pocket Universe has to be bigger than 10,000 miles in radius?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Re: Re:

ESREVER333 wrote:
Iczer wrote:Pocket Universe [Tentatively major]
[size=12]"I know a place that is just looking for a groundskeeper my friend..care to step inside?"[/size]

The character keeps a small, transdimensional space inside his own body. This space, when entered, appears to be roughly his ME in miles on a side. The pocket universe has a earth like terrain (or whater\ver terrain is suitable for the character" with whatever cosmetic features he deems [Such as a series of homes surrounding a waterfall]. The realm is self sustaining.
To enter, a target must be either willing or restrained. an unwilling victim may make a save (14+ ME bonuses count) to resist. Anyone who successfully resists cannot enter for 24 hours. Once inside, the only way out is to be let out. The creator of this universe can communicate telepathically with the occupants like regular speech, but unless he is actively spying, then he is unaware of what goes on inside his realm.
The character can also visit from time to time, by entering a meditative trance, he may create a copy of his own body inside the realm, and wander as any other person sealed inside.

Cool, this place could also be used to lock up Extremely dangerous villains that no earthly prison can hold them. Sort of like banishment. And possibly let them out if they change their evil ways, like parole or pardon.
Potentially. I think that was what he was getting at when he said that the only way out is to be let out.

I understand ME=miles in the Pocket Universe's side, but what is miles of the radius in the Pocket Universe?
Fact: the Earth radius is 3,900+miles in radius.
He did not ggive the area as a radius, he gave it as a square, and there is no indication that it is even as big as a city, let alone a planet.

So I'm guessing the Pocket Universe has to be bigger than 10,000 miles in radius?

No, it would not. The Pocket is probably a cube that is the character's ME in miles across X ME in miles wide X ME in miles high. There is no indication that it is any bigger than that, with the terrain going from one corner to the next.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Here is the second of the two Major versions of Force Field Cage.

Compactor Cage (Major] by Stone GargoyleE

Crush, Kill, Destroy.
And never have to worry about fitting all that heavy garbage into your little refuse bin. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Ohhh, like a small community or town. A prison without walls, fences, bars, jail cell, or handcuffs. No guards patrolling the halls.
taalismn
Priest

Adaptive Bio-Attack(Minor)
“Ah, Arkano’s toenail clippings! Very sloppy of him...now I can REALLY hurt him.”

This power allows the superbeing to adjust their attacks to better afflict damage on a specific target, if the superbeing can get a sample of the intended target’s flesh, blood, or DNA. If the superbeing can get ahold of such a sample and can assimilate it(by digesting it), all subsequent attacks(using integral powers, including psionics and magic, but NOT accessories such as handheld guns, external technology, bionic weaponry, magic devices, or the like) by the superbeing on that individual will do 50% MORE damage.
The superbeing can hold a single target’s bio-profile in ‘memory’ effectively indefinitely, plus one per per every 4 pts of M.E, an additional target’s at levels 4, 8, and 12. If the superbeing needs or wants to add additional target profiles, more than they have memorization options, they must drop existing target profiles to accept the new ones. Remembering a previously dropped target profile will require another sample of the target’s biological tissue.
Note that this power does NOT work on beings of an Elemental nature, robots, or cyborgs, who do not possess flesh or DNA as we know it.
In the event that the intended target is already IMMUNE or RESISTANT to the sorts of attacks the superbeing can perform, the power-possessor will automatically know it; their attacks still won’t be able to harm the target, but the superbeing will now know what to avoid.
(Optional) Penalty: Because of the specialized nature of this attack, all other targets NOT specifically targeted will recieve a reduction of -25%(round up) damage from the character's attack, if the superbeing has even ONE target profile slot filled. If the superbeing has not 'assimilated' ANY gene-targets, then his attacks do full damage as standard.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Adaptive Bio-Attack(Minor)
“Ah, Arkano’s toenail clippings! Very sloppy of him...now I can REALLY hurt him.”

This power allows the superbeing to adjust their attacks to better afflict damage on a specific target, if the superbeing can get a sample of the intended target’s flesh, blood, or DNA. If the superbeing can get ahold of such a sample and can assimilate it(by digesting it), all subsequent attacks(using integral powers, including psionics and magic, but NOT accessories such as handheld guns, external technology, bionic weaponry, magic devices, or the like) by the superbeing on that individual will do 50% MORE damage.
The superbeing can hold a single target’s bio-profile in ‘memory’ effectively indefinitely, plus one per per every 4 pts of M.E, an additional target’s at levels 4, 8, and 12. If the superbeing needs or wants to add additional target profiles, more than they have memorization options, they must drop existing target profiles to accept the new ones. Remembering a previously dropped target profile will require another sample of the target’s biological tissue.
Note that this power does NOT work on beings of an Elemental nature, robots, or cyborgs, who do not possess flesh or DNA as we know it.
In the event that the intended target is already IMMUNE or RESISTANT to the sorts of attacks the superbeing can perform, the power-possessor will automatically know it; their attacks still won’t be able to harm the target, but the superbeing will now know what to avoid.
There should be a penalty to attacking someone not genetically targeted as well as the bonuses to attacking a specific target coded by DNA, shouldn't there?
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[]There should be a penalty to attacking someone not genetically targeted as well as the bonuses to attacking a specific target coded by DNA, shouldn't there?

Added an optional penalty for power balance. :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

ESREVER333 wrote:Ohhh, like a small community or town. A prison without walls, fences, bars, jail cell, or handcuffs. No guards patrolling the halls.
That is what I would presume. Making it as big as a planet would far exceed the limits of a Major power.

So, Taalismn, would a Major version of Adaptive Bio-Attack do ten times normal damage, or how would that work?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”