how do you figure out supersoldier powers?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

magictiger
Explorer

how do you figure out supersoldier powers?

Unread post by magictiger »

Hi Guys,
1. How do you figure out supersoldier powers? The section in PU 2 isn't very clear to me. It mentions a 1d4 roll and a % roll.

2. So how many power combos are possible in this category?

Thanks guys.
Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Re: how do you figure out supersoldier powers?

Unread post by Malakai »

From how it is set up/worded, there are 2 separate "power" tables: "Number and Type of Super Abilities" and "Special Supersoldier Enhancement Table" you would roll on BOTH of these: once on the first table, and 1D4 times on the second table.

The number of combinations are fairly high, considering you could have 4 minor powers and up to 4 enhancements - is there a reason you need the total number of combinations? You have 20 individual enhancements and 9 different entries on the Number and Type table. Rough math would say 9x(20x20x19x18)* = 1.2 million+ combinations, not counting the variations possible with selecting different super or psychic abilities

*the combination of supersoldier enhancements is 20*20*19*18 instead of 20*19*18*17 because there is a minimum of 1 selection and a maximum of 4, meaning that for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options, there is a new selection of "none"
"Rifts Earth is alot more scary when you realize that its effectively people with the education level of retarded children running around with military grade ordinance." - Taylor White

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)
magictiger
Explorer

Unread post by magictiger »

Malakai wrote:From how it is set up/worded, there are 2 separate "power" tables: "Number and Type of Super Abilities" and "Special Supersoldier Enhancement Table" you would roll on BOTH of these: once on the first table, and 1D4 times on the second table.

The number of combinations are fairly high, considering you could have 4 minor powers and up to 4 enhancements - is there a reason you need the total number of combinations? You have 20 individual enhancements and 9 different entries on the Number and Type table. Rough math would say 9x(20x20x19x18)* = 1.2 million+ combinations, not counting the variations possible with selecting different super or psychic abilities

*the combination of supersoldier enhancements is 20*20*19*18 instead of 20*19*18*17 because there is a minimum of 1 selection and a maximum of 4, meaning that for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options, there is a new selection of "none"

So what does the one part mean when you roll the 1d4 and get more than 2, I think, (book not in front of me), it say you can roll or pick from the table above instead?? Well the table above is the % roll for super abilties/etc. and if you already rolled on it, and roll on it again, you could end up with allot of Super Abilities. Like a total of 8 Minor Abilities. Did I read that right?

I wanted to know combos cuz I wanted to know what I said above was true. Like having 8 Minors Or variations of the first % roll that determines Super Powers. If it is, they could be like the immortals with all there abilities.

Thanks again.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The special SS Enhancements... these are in addition to the super abilities that were just rolled for when you get to the SSE step.

The 1D4 is Number of Enhancements.
The % is rolled for each Enhancements to see what it is. Re-rolling duplicated numbers.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”