has anyone updated Road Hogs?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Re: has anyone updated Road Hogs?

Unread post by Zenvis »

I thought of doing it however Palladium said that this line would not be modified (for now).
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
everloss
Explorer

Unread post by everloss »

MT-NME wrote:Just wondering if anyone has updated Road Hogs to the AtB2 standard.
Or if you have some pointers/suggestions on converting the education tables.

I must have been in a real bad mood when I posted on this.

Road Hogs is great. The only things that need to be updated are the mutant animals. That's easy enough to do on your own.

OR...

Someone could do a Rifter update on the Road Hog animals, adding in chimeras and purebreeds. That would be nifty.
Last edited by everloss on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the book itself? no. though honestly most of the setting info can be used as is.

the main thing is the animals (which i'm sure are on here somewhere), and the switch to backgrounds, which Thyfur has done.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i don't think anyone has messed with that. aside from tweaking some of the stats, i personally don't think it really needs much change.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

MT-NME wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:i don't think anyone has messed with that. aside from tweaking some of the stats, i personally don't think it really needs much change.

I'd like a little more definition, and more options.
For example, the vehicle type breakdown just seems wonky to me. I mean, it's filled with generic vehicles, and a Jeep. Why single out the Jeep? Where are the large trucks? Is there really much difference between a full-sized van and a utility van? What exactly qualifies as a half-ton commercial vehicle? What are the stats for a side car? Or a semi without a trailer? ect...
As is, It can be difficult to pin down the kind of car you might want, especially if you're looking for something specific. Not to mention more recent automotive trends, like hybrids and micro-cars.
Also I'd like to see some engine options, like gasoline & diesel (the most common) to electric & hybrids (uncommon) to even nuclear or fission (very rare, and spendy, and possibly unstable)
I'd also like to have speed class based on the engine type, modified by vehicle type (large vehicles reduce speed class, smaller vehicles increase speed class)
I think passenger armor should be listed separate from the window options. Window slits should give a small penalty to piloting skills due to reduced visibility.
I'd like to put off-road tires on my street bike for a small bonus when traversing off-road.
I'd like to put a 4x4 lift kit on my sports car, or my half ton semi for a similar bonus.
Maybe an old gps accessory that may only work half the time and even then only show pre-crash maps.

Anyway, I may have to work on this.

Given the explosion of vehicle types and technological advances since the AtB books came out there's definitely a need to update them (same goes for the other more modern settings like Heroes Unlimited). Not likely to happen any time soon, would be nice though.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
everloss
Explorer

Unread post by everloss »

Nightmask wrote:
MT-NME wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:i don't think anyone has messed with that. aside from tweaking some of the stats, i personally don't think it really needs much change.

I'd like a little more definition, and more options.
For example, the vehicle type breakdown just seems wonky to me. I mean, it's filled with generic vehicles, and a Jeep. Why single out the Jeep? Where are the large trucks? Is there really much difference between a full-sized van and a utility van? What exactly qualifies as a half-ton commercial vehicle? What are the stats for a side car? Or a semi without a trailer? ect...
As is, It can be difficult to pin down the kind of car you might want, especially if you're looking for something specific. Not to mention more recent automotive trends, like hybrids and micro-cars.
Also I'd like to see some engine options, like gasoline & diesel (the most common) to electric & hybrids (uncommon) to even nuclear or fission (very rare, and spendy, and possibly unstable)
I'd also like to have speed class based on the engine type, modified by vehicle type (large vehicles reduce speed class, smaller vehicles increase speed class)
I think passenger armor should be listed separate from the window options. Window slits should give a small penalty to piloting skills due to reduced visibility.
I'd like to put off-road tires on my street bike for a small bonus when traversing off-road.
I'd like to put a 4x4 lift kit on my sports car, or my half ton semi for a similar bonus.
Maybe an old gps accessory that may only work half the time and even then only show pre-crash maps.

Anyway, I may have to work on this.

Given the explosion of vehicle types and technological advances since the AtB books came out there's definitely a need to update them (same goes for the other more modern settings like Heroes Unlimited). Not likely to happen any time soon, would be nice though.

You don't think cassette players are the pinnacle of automotive audio technology?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

There's a some what updated vehicle section in the third Dead Reign suppliment. It's only 5 or 6 pages or so but it does update "That" part of roadhogs.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”