Where should I set my game?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

talmor
Wanderer

Where should I set my game?

Unread post by talmor »

So, I had a really strong idea for a home-brew setting using the Palladium rules for my upcoming Palladium game. But then me, in my love of randomness and tables, decided to use Heroes of Legend for my PC's background, and well, hell--it's a lot more interesting than what I intended.

So, after some comments here, I decided to try the ACTUAL Palladium setting for a change.

But I don't know WHERE to set the game, since I don't know much about the actual setting.

The setup, to put it simply, is that one of the characters married a duke in exile. Her husband let a revolt against the usurper(?) and had his rebellion quickly crushed. The players are now rebels on the run, with the widow having an extremely tenuous, but still possible legitimate claim to the duchy.

She may or may not have a son, in order to justify her rebellion even further. That's still in discussion.

Other characters are a cursed Warrior Monk, a Mercenary who has vowed to Isis to keep a copy of a book of the Old Ones safe from their cutists, a Druid on the run for an accidental murder, and a Thief who constantly finds himself fighting the good fight for the Gods of Light, even as it only brings him greater tragedy.

I was thinking of setting it in the Western Empire, but none of the provinces really inspire me. Is there a better place to set these people?
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Where should I set my game?

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Like I said in your other thread, I'd go with the Eastern Territory; there's plenty of room there for booming small kingdoms of your own design. Send me a PM with your email addy and I'll send you my medieval organization rules.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Both the Eastern Territory's and the Western Empire would be good spots for a story line of such, I'd recommend the the West's Old Kingdom Frontier, a good spot to shake things up politically, and there is a near by large temple of Light in that area to tie in the merc / monk / thief, and the Veriqueel woods not too far from it all for the druid to have a tie in as well.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Eastern Territory as mentioned.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I again agree with DE & Madman... Eastern Territory, as previously seconded/thirded.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Eastern Territories!

I'm somewhat picturing a port town or possibly city state along the highback plane. South East of the spot that I chose to put my quite large mages tower and town in a campaign. At or around the point east by slightly northeast of Wisdom is the point I'm talking about. And also, in my games, I have put a light house along the edge of that point. Which, as everyone knows or should know, no one in their right mind screws with the keepers of any lighthouse! If they do, they will get absolutely every sailor who hears of it mad at them.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
St. Evil
Explorer
Comment: Looking to start the Really Evil League of Evil, because the League of Evil wasn't evil enough.

Unread post by St. Evil »

Depending on the scope of things you could jump start the adventure in the Free City of Troker in media res. (sorry if my latin is off) The Thief and Merc could have acquired the book & trying to get out of Troker while rest of the group the monk, druid & noble, are "laying low" because they are in hiding from your main villain. Not realizing the other 2 can't help but get into this trouble. I would assume they all were part of this rebellion & are helping the noble & all are branded criminals by the main baddy. From here many avenues of adventure can happen.
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I would also go with the Eastern Territories as the best place.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I'm surprised not to hear a suggestion of Land of the South Winds yet. It's not laid out in any book, so you're free to integrate the setting as you please. What we do know of it is that it's full of squabbling feudal lords, and a sovereign dukedom with a usurper sounds like a solid fit.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The setting given screams Eastern- if it was less known I would go South Winds or Old Kingdom, but that is not the case.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
MADMANMIKE

J. Lionheart wrote:I'm surprised not to hear a suggestion of Land of the South Winds yet. It's not laid out in any book, so you're free to integrate the setting as you please. What we do know of it is that it's full of squabbling feudal lords, and a sovereign dukedom with a usurper sounds like a solid fit.

Where are you getting this information? To my recollection, The Land of the South Winds has not be described with more than a paragraph in any of the official material...
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

MADMANMIKE wrote:
J. Lionheart wrote:I'm surprised not to hear a suggestion of Land of the South Winds yet. It's not laid out in any book, so you're free to integrate the setting as you please. What we do know of it is that it's full of squabbling feudal lords, and a sovereign dukedom with a usurper sounds like a solid fit.

Where are you getting this information? To my recollection, The Land of the South Winds has not be described with more than a paragraph in any of the official material...

Library of Bletherad under the monetary system. Three ruling Ducals.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
MADMANMIKE

The Dark Elf wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:

Library of Bletherad under the monetary system. Three ruling Ducals.

Thanks, I suspected it might be there, but didn't see anything in the index...

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”