Martial Arts and Bipeds

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Martial Arts and Bipeds

Unread post by Nightmask »

mindforge wrote:Okay. We mix N&S with After the Bomb (1st Edition) and TMNT. We are currently playing a Road Hogs game. Well, I was just curious on what others felt about a Mutant Triceratops (Transdimensional) that is only a partial biped having a martial art from Ninjas and Superspies... Thoughts?

Partial biped might be possible, but probably have some sort of penalties because those MA are developed based around full bipeds.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

mindforge wrote:Okay. We mix N&S with After the Bomb (1st Edition) and TMNT. We are currently playing a Road Hogs game. Well, I was just curious on what others felt about a Mutant Triceratops (Transdimensional) that is only a partial biped having a martial art from Ninjas and Superspies... Thoughts?

Don't make him angry! lol

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i have to say i'd personally take it on a case by case basis. for example, Dog Style and Monkey style in the N&SS martial arts options would be almost tailor made for a partial biped character, since both have a large amount of four limbed movement involved.

other styles i'd say just make a judgement call. if the style relies more on punches than kicks for example, i'd imagine a partial biped character could make it work.

i think it is safe to assume that in ATB, and martial arts schools that survived would have adapted their methods to accommodate the variety of mutant animal forms. though not all to the same degree, i'd imagine.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”