**CHIRP CHIRP** Awfully quiet around here

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

**CHIRP CHIRP** Awfully quiet around here

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

So.....what's everyone up to?
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Jedrious
Adventurer

Re: **CHIRP CHIRP** Awfully quiet around here

Unread post by Jedrious »

I'm in the middle of making preparations for moving across state lines, and running a political campaign for my Father, free time is relative
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Jedrious wrote:free time is relative

So is your father.

ZING!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid

Seriously though, I'm working on the Splicers Article that my brother in law and I are putting in the rifter. It should be done by the middle to end of next week.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

well on the way to finishing Part 1 of House Pandorum. i decided to break it up into 2 parts cos i think ill hit about 20-25 pages for Part 1 (not including potential artwork). ill inform the board when i submit it
connecting the dots
The Galactus Kid

krispy wrote:well on the way to finishing Part 1 of House Pandorum. i decided to break it up into 2 parts cos i think ill hit about 20-25 pages for Part 1 (not including potential artwork). ill inform the board when i submit it

Just some friendly advice...You should submit all of it at once, in one big chunk and Wayne will decide i it needs to be broken up. If you divide it into sections within the text, it will make it easier to decide where the break would be, but at least that way he knows its all done and can appear consecutively.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
krispy wrote:well on the way to finishing Part 1 of House Pandorum. i decided to break it up into 2 parts cos i think ill hit about 20-25 pages for Part 1 (not including potential artwork). ill inform the board when i submit it

Just some friendly advice...You should submit all of it at once, in one big chunk and Wayne will decide i it needs to be broken up. If you divide it into sections within the text, it will make it easier to decide where the break would be, but at least that way he knows its all done and can appear consecutively.

thanks for the heads up mate, then i spoke too soon. it might take me a tad bit longer than i anticipated as the whole thing will take me to a 40-50 page submission, not factoring in potential artwork
connecting the dots
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Well, i was doing something for Splicers.......BUT..........my laptop crashed, and i lost all my material.

just got back my pc back last week, so now i'm starting back from square one
The Dragon Has Spoken
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

trying my best to write some on my splicers article not going well but i keep trying
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

I enjoyed doing an interview with Carmen & Will and it is now uploaded so you all can meet the face behind Premier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjYZiGJuzuo
Please go and check it out, It has some great upclose shots of artwork that is inside RIFTS: Lemuria as well as a SNEAKPEAK OF THE UPCOMING SPLICERS COVER for those of you who haven't seen it.

PLEASE... post a comment on youtube and let them now what you think of the video, show them the power of us SPLICEHEADS!!!

The Splice must flow!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Sitting around neglecting my splicers articles. neglecting everything to do with roleplaying though. no one wants to play the games i do, and no one is available to play in the ones i run.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
The Galactus Kid

Snake Eyes wrote:Well, i was doing something for Splicers.......BUT..........my laptop crashed, and i lost all my material.

just got back my pc back last week, so now i'm starting back from square one

Ugh. That sucks, bro. Sorry to hear that. That's how I lost half of triax 2 the first go around. I now save EVERYTHING in 3 different places.

Snake Eyes
Hero

Well the problem was that the laptop crapped out before i could do a backup......maybe a second redo will turn out better
The Dragon Has Spoken
The Galactus Kid

Snake Eyes wrote:Well the problem was that the laptop crapped out before i could do a backup......maybe a second redo will turn out better

Is it a hard drive issue, or something else? aybe the material is still salvageable.

Snake Eyes
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:Well the problem was that the laptop crapped out before i could do a backup......maybe a second redo will turn out better

Is it a hard drive issue, or something else? maybe the material is still salvageable.

I had to have my pc completely wiped clean, so there was nothing to salvage
The Dragon Has Spoken
The Galactus Kid

ugh. lame.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

i have done 20 pages towards my House Pandorum submission :D im about halfway. I understand your point GK about submitting it as a whole, and again thank you

would someone like to proof read it for me in a few weeks??
connecting the dots
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

krispy wrote:
would someone like to proof read it for me in a few weeks??

I'd love to. Feel free to send me whatever, if you like. I'm a grammar nazi and I'm really good at keeping things secret. ;)
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

I'm about halfway done with the Packmaster article. I have some cool new bio-tech goodies and enhancements and some new optional rules on how to play the class.

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Snake Eyes wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Is it a hard drive issue, or something else? maybe the material is still salvageable.

Snake, that really sucks. For what its worth, you have my sympathies.

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jedrious wrote:I'm in the middle of making preparations for moving across state lines, and running a political campaign for my Father, free time is relative

:eek: Wow, I feel so....useless compared to this post. May I ask where you are moving and what you father is running for?

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Sitting around neglecting my splicers articles. neglecting everything to do with roleplaying though. no one wants to play the games i do, and no one is available to play in the ones i run.

Zig, join the club. This strikes an all too familiar cord.

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

After attending the "Smoke on the Water" BBQ Fest this weekend, here's my Splicer laundry list:

**House Branton and the required paperwork will be off to Palladium end of this week.

**Hoping to wrap "The Hard Roads" up in another week or two. Family will be in town this weekend, so no work will get done.

**Toying with finally fleshing out "The Bastion" and its characters, equipment, and settings.

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Galactus Kid wrote:Seriously though, I'm working on the Splicers Article that my brother in law and I are putting in the rifter. It should be done by the middle to end of next week.

Hooray!!! I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with! Your stuff is always top notch.

The Galactus Kid

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Seriously though, I'm working on the Splicers Article that my brother in law and I are putting in the rifter. It should be done by the middle to end of next week.

Hooray!!! I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with! Your stuff is always top notch.

Thanks man. I'm glad its well received. I'm looking forward to more Splicers stuff all around. I have to finish this article and then get started on a project for Third Eye games. Once that is done, I'll be working on finishing the Sovietski and doing a couple more Rifter Articles...and being a new dad.

Snake Eyes
Hero

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Snake, that really sucks. For what its worth, you have my sympathies.

Well, if there is a bright side, it was mostly notes and loose ideas.........

I have a zillion ideas, but where to start......there's a couple old designs i'll probably redo
The Dragon Has Spoken
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
krispy wrote:would someone like to proof read it for me in a few weeks??

I'd love to. Feel free to send me whatever, if you like. I'm a grammar nazi and I'm really good at keeping things secret. ;)

that would be greatly appreciated mate :-D
connecting the dots
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Galactus Kid wrote:...and being a new dad.

Congratulations are definately in order for this! To you, the mom, and the new baby: :ok:

Snake Eyes wrote:I have a zillion ideas, but where to start......there's a couple old designs i'll probably redo

Snake, I have a similar problem. At times, I've been tempted to put even the half formed ideas on the boards and let people do what they will with them.

The Galactus Kid

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:...and being a new dad.

Congratulations are definately in order for this! To you, the mom, and the new baby: :ok:

Baby is due October 18th and we're really excited about it. Thanks for the well wishes.

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:Baby is due October 18th and we're really excited about it. Thanks for the well wishes.

Congrats!

Guy_LeDouche wrote:**Toying with finally fleshing out "The Bastion" and its characters, equipment, and settings.

I've been dying for this since the first teaser.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

OH GAWD!! THE PRESSURE!!!

Thanks Zig. It is strange; I hadn't thought about that in ages until a few weeks ago for some reason. I was clearing out some old files and stumbled across it. The more I looked at it, the more I thought about polishing it up.

If you want some EXTREMELY rough ideas (cannot emphasize this one enough), read on:

Spoiler:
The Bastion is housed in a massive complex of both natural and manmade caves. The Bastion began as a large scale experiment to create an ultra modern self sustaining metropolis that could be erected in any number of environments (underwater, outer space, underground, etc.) The best and brightest minds in geology, hydrology, botany, civil engineering, and other areas were brought together to create a massive, fully functioning eco-system the likes of which the world had never seen.

When the great purge hit, the military immediately seized control of the Bastion, turning it into a giant military industrial complex. The buildings on the surface are an intentional distraction and an easy target to keep the Machine forces occupied and their attention focused away from the true bulk of the complex.

Deep underground, the complex and its population remain safe from the nanoplague. Any who venture to the surface must be clad in full environmental suits. The Bastion has the technology to decontaminate the nanoplague, but it must be done within a few hours (1-4 or so) of contact. After that, the decon procedures are useless and the victim is now an outcast. This makes trips to the surface extremely dangerous. The Bastion has multiple outposts on the surface that can perform the necessary dcon treatments. Despite this, there are some who willingly become infected and volunteer to live on the surface (the “Morituri” or the “Cadre”, not sure which).

The Bastion forces use a combination of MD ceramics, high impact plastics, and precious metal wiring to construct non-organic weapons and equipment. While the weapons are not as powerful as bio-tech, they can be quicker to construct then the long growing time needed for bio weapons.

Additionally, Bastion forces use a unique forms of nano-tech and gen-tech to produce stunning results in their troops. Nanomods can be injected immediately into the bloodstream; they take effect within 1D6 hours after injection, since they need time to circulate throughout the bloodstream and replicate enough to produce the desired physiological effect. Some of my intended mods:

“Target Acquisition”: gain bonuses to strike the moment the PC lay eyes on the desired target. Target(s) will remain acquired until they are dead/destroyed, in which case they are automatically released them from acquisition.

“Comlink” : Instant and simultaneous communication with multiple people.

“Enhanced Hearing”
“Combat Instincts”
“Genius Module”

The true ace in the hole for the Bastion forces is virtual reality command system. What appear to be bots, tanks, vehicles, etc. are actually “dummy” machines, piloted remotely by an operator safe and secure from the nanoplauge. The robots have no programming of their own and are nothing but inert machines until powered up by an operator. Because of danger of N.E.X.U.S overriding controls, all robots are programmed to self destruct if virtual contact with the operator is lost.

On top of that, spending so long underground in isolation has resulted the inhabitants having different immune systems then surface dwellers. I’m toying with the idea of making them either hyper virulent, super sensitive, or both.
That’s about it for now. Thoughts, opinions, blind rants are always welcome.

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

That's palladium for you. at least they get something resembling the books they promise out, some time within a few decades of announcing them.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Hey Splicerheads, I will definately have House Pandorum finished (with Guy getting a sneak peak for review) for submission....i really want to submit it.

so when that is done; i am curious, what would you fellow Splicerheads like me to submit next? House Myre or House Necrys?

Myre - i am happy with the main set up and i have a few more things for the House that i havent posted and i see it taking a few weeks to polish it up for submission

Necrys - i want to take another look at it and do some cleaning but overall i am happy with the main concept. and like Myre i have a few creations i havent posted but it might take me a bit longer to round out the House

i am dedicated to submitting these and if they get rejected i will post the polished versions on the board cos i love this setting and if i can expand the Splicer universe just a bit, even if its unofficial, i am happy with that.

the board is very supportive and i enjoy coming here and bouncing ideas off everyone

im not done with Splicers just yet - i PMd Carmen to get a clarification on something for an idea i have and he confirmed my thoughts on the topic :-D i still have House Lebryntha (the creator of the Snake Charmer), House of the Red Sands and a few more things for NEXUS (not including my Metal Storm ideas) i might even go back and visit House Ahrgus as well.
connecting the dots
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

[quote="krispy"]Hey Splicerheads, I will definately have House Pandorum finished (with Guy getting a sneak peak for review) for submission [quote]

Hooray! Send away! House Branton was slipped in the mail Friday. Fingers crossed.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
krispy wrote:Hey Splicerheads, I will definately have House Pandorum finished (with Guy getting a sneak peak for review) for submission

Hooray! Send away! House Branton was slipped in the mail Friday. Fingers crossed.

good luck with H. Branton mate :ok:

H. Pandorum is getting there. im up to 27 pages now and its coming together nicely

should i PM it to you in lots or email you the whole thing at once?
connecting the dots
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

krispy wrote:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:
krispy wrote:Hey Splicerheads, I will definately have House Pandorum finished (with Guy getting a sneak peak for review) for submission

good luck with H. Branton mate :ok:

H. Pandorum is getting there. im up to 27 pages now and its coming together nicely

should i PM it to you in lots or email you the whole thing at once?

Send it to my e-mail (PM sent) if you're willing. I imagine we'd have lots of ideas to swap.

The Galactus Kid

Status Update: Putting the finishing touches on my portion tonight and tomorrow, compiling tomorrow night, getting it edited and corrections made this weekend and then out the door.

Let me just say that fans of the packmaster are going to be BLOWN AWAY!!!

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Galactus Kid wrote:Status Update: Putting the finishing touches on my portion tonight and tomorrow, compiling tomorrow night, getting it edited and corrections made this weekend and then out the door.

SA-WEET!!! If its anything like the other stuff you've created, "blown away" should prove to be an understatement.

Speaking of your other creations, will we ever discover what lurks in the Tormentor? Did you two have any real concrete plans for that or was it deliberately vague?

The Galactus Kid

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Status Update: Putting the finishing touches on my portion tonight and tomorrow, compiling tomorrow night, getting it edited and corrections made this weekend and then out the door.

SA-WEET!!! If its anything like the other stuff you've created, "blown away" should prove to be an understatement.

Speaking of your other creations, will we ever discover what lurks in the Tormentor? Did you two have any real concrete plans for that or was it deliberately vague?

We have concrete plans. we're hoping to work on that for a later article. Let me just tell you...its not good.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:Send it to my e-mail (PM sent) if you're willing. I imagine we'd have lots of ideas to swap.

email received mate and hopefully i will get it done in the next 2 weeks.

im up to 30 pages :-D
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

insert (shutupandtakemymoney.jpeg).

hey GK, just thought id let you know that though i wont be submitting the plant designs of mine that you like (which i appreciate) in your gardener thread; i have 5 new plants that are unique to H. Pandorum and they are pure demonic :demon: :D
connecting the dots
The Galactus Kid

krispy wrote:

hey GK, just thought id let you know that though i wont be submitting the plant designs of mine that you like (which i appreciate) in your gardener thread; i have 5 new plants that are unique to H. Pandorum and they are pure demonic :demon: :D

AWESOME!!! SO those are going in your House Pandorum article submission? I'm stoked.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
krispy wrote:

AWESOME!!! SO those are going in your House Pandorum article submission? I'm stoked.

oh, yer sorry, they will be in my H. Pandorum submission :D

and i have a few other plants that are unique to H. Myre and H. Necrys that i will put to their submissions
connecting the dots
The Galactus Kid

Good. I'm glad that that information is being included. It will make people curious and want more. I'm a fan. Hopefully those O.C.C.s will see reprint in a Splicers book in the future.

Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Good. I'm glad that that information is being included. It will make people curious and want more. I'm a fan. Hopefully those O.C.C.s will see reprint in a Splicers book in the future.

Or in the very least make it into the Best of the Rifter Issues 34-66
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Good. I'm glad that that information is being included. It will make people curious and want more. I'm a fan. Hopefully those O.C.C.s will see reprint in a Splicers book in the future.

Thanks mate :-D that means a lot.

after i submit H. Pandorum, in the distant future would you like to review the plants i have for H. Myre & Necrys ??
connecting the dots
The Galactus Kid

UPDATE: Turned the article over to my brother in law who is going to red ink it up over the next couple of days. Hopefully I'll have the changes made by Monday so I can send it over to Wayne.

Interesting bit of trivia...The Rifter 50 material was done by me and Matthew Orr (My wife's older brother). This article was done by me and Michael Orr (My wife's younger brother. Matt is the editor).

krispy wrote:

Thanks mate :-D that means a lot.

after i submit H. Pandorum, in the distant future would you like to review the plants i have for H. Myre & Necrys ??

Sure. I'd be happy to take a look at them.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Update: im up to 34 pages, i planned for 40 pages, but as im writing it i keep thinking of new material to ad to it. is that a good thing ??

GK - thanks for the update, and that bit of trivia....there is a joke in there somewhere where this is your Modus Operandi for writing Palladium articles :P :D
connecting the dots
The Galactus Kid

Hahaha. As for the length of the article, it's always good to outline it and set a limit for yourself. If it can't be said in 20 pages, the Rifter may not be the best. The full article though should be suitted and Wayne will break it up.

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I have been a lazy s.o.b. doing nothing around here. In fact, I haven't been doing anything Palladium-related other than being a player in a few play-by-post games. I will be back into the thick of it when Julius finishes reading through The Rifter #0.1.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “Splicers®”