Favorite OCC/RCC/PCC?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Favorite OCC/RCC/PCC?

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Ok ppl, since there's so many to list, and I'm wayyyyyyyyyyy to lazy to go through all the books to find them :lol:

Whats your Favorite?

For me it's simple.

Dead Boy Grunt. always my favorite OCC, until they make a CS Chaplain that's canon, :lol:
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Faceless Dude
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: The Devil on your Shoulder

Re: Favorite OCC/RCC/PCC?

Unread post by Faceless Dude »

Headhunter. Because hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.
Not Misunderstood, Just Evil
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Temporal Wizard.

Get to start with high level spells of my choosing (talisman for the win!).
Get to dimension hop with my pals (start the game familiar with a handful of known dimensions).
Get to carry as much loot as I want without any weight or space limitations (love them nested dimensional pockets!).
Get to trade/sell high level spell knowledge for fun and profit (although I keep the temporal spells to myself).

Really, the temporal wizard is what the Ley Line Walker should have been: spell caster extraordinaire with no stupid gimmicks like the magic OCCs from FoM.

Combat? That's what the rest of the party is for. I assist where I can and make sure we can get away if we need to.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

This isn't an easy question for me to answer but I was really impressed with the write up of Robot Pilot (Giant Robots). I've never seen my play style boiled down to a single paragraph so perfectly before and likely never will again.

And I really like the fluff for the Cosmo Knight too, I feel like you could make a lot of really unique and interesting Cosmo Knights its a real shame that most people just see them as powerhouse characters.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

I like the operator / Rogue Scientist the most. I like the ability to fix and improve things, not to mention it really doesn't take a lot of skills to be effective at fighting in Rifts. :)
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Colt your signature is great! :lol:
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Operator.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Akashic Soldier
Knight

rat_bastard wrote:Operator.

I hear ya man, nothing beats answering phones all day. ;)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Ohh that is a Toughie....

if 100% nailed down.. I'd probably have to choose Cyber knight. (( Yep the new ones)) They're as close to Jedi as you can get.

But I also love the Dog boys (or other mutants from Lone star) My first game was Mutants Downunder (TMNT) and I still love love love mutant animals. And this can tie in with my #1. You can have a Dog boy (Cat, porcupine, ect) Cyberknight.

And Paratrooper. (Merc Adventures)

CS Commando and CS Ranger/Wilderness scout...

PsiStalker.....

ok, I'm shutting up now.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

Juicers(particularly hyperion and phaeton), Crazies, Cyberknights, Cosmoknights and the Wanderer RCC from Rifter #18 are among my favorites.
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Crazies are good too.. if -I- am the one playing them.

I can't stand the sort that dress up in hotdog costumes and lick birds and stuff.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Akashic Soldier
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Crazies are good too.. if -I- am the one playing them.

I can't stand the sort that dress up in hotdog costumes and lick birds and stuff.

*bursts in wearing a hotdog costume with iron rods sticking out of his head*

HEY GUYS! YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I JUST HAD DONE!

... :erm:

Oh... nevermind...

*slinks back out*

EDIT: Seriously, my first pet NPC is a Crazie Janitor who defines his job as a long standing martial tradition of people who clean up other peoples messes and fight extra-dimensional evil.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

RCC = NIGHTBANE RCC

OCC = CYBORG SHOCKTROOPERS

PCC = Mystic Warrior (Spirit West) (Free Psi-tomahawk and Free Psi-Spear) (limited Mind-melter-like powers)

Power Class = MYSTICALLY BESTOWED by DEMON LORD (Armegeddon Unlimited).
The Bestowed by Demon Lord has almost replaced my love of Nightbane as Top slot overall. But not yet ;) Nightbane are just cool, and so many concepts can come from them.

--------------
--------------

One of my Favorite Characters was a CS-Special Forces who became a Nightbane when his platoon encountered a group of Nightlord Hounds minions. His Nightbane form made the Incredible Hulk's Abomination look like a wimp. His Face looked like his Special Forces Helmet, and followed a skeletal, yet muscle bound appearance. Years later when the Incredible Hulk movie came out our group was like "Thats your Nightbane CS Special Forces character, umm except for the face at least." LOL. it was great hearing that.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

OCC: Dedicated Martial artist
Race: nightspawn
RCC: Zentradie Warlord
PCC: The Psychic
power cat: Mystic Study
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Fallen Cosmo-Knight (using magic).
Or godling. Those are a lot more fun and trouble than many realize.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
the Captain
Wanderer

Unread post by the Captain »

Here are the ones I have played, and why I love them.

Shifter, moment: sharing a cigarette with a demon after wiping out a platoon of CS grunts together, because it was a Sunday and we were both bored.

Juicer, moment: taking out an entire squad with called shots between the eyes, natural 20 to strike five times in a row during combat, GM asked me to switch dice half way through and 20 came up again, personal favorite moment in gaming. Learned the value of called shots as well.

Demon Queller, moment: no female was safe from his guile, he even tried to seduce a pair of Blind Warrior women, in the middle of hand to hand combat. They were trying to capture him for the slave market. Lets just say the encounter ended with him the owner of a shiny new armor of Ithan medallion, as a token.

Techno Wizard, moment: Being laughed at by an enemy when producing a slingshot during a standoff, I love being underestimated.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

RCC: Kildred
PCC: Psynetic Crazy
OCC: Gun Master, Paratrooper, Ancient Weapons Master.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

CyberPaladin85 wrote:
flatline wrote:Temporal Wizard.

Get to dimension hop with my pals (start the game familiar with a handful of known dimensions).
Get to carry as much loot as I want without any weight or space limitations (love them nested dimensional pockets!).
Get to trade/sell high level spell knowledge for fun and profit (although I keep the temporal spells to myself).

Really, the temporal wizard is what the Ley Line Walker should have been: spell caster extraordinaire with no stupid gimmicks like the magic OCCs from FoM.

Combat? That's what the rest of the party is for. I assist where I can and make sure we can get away if we need to.

--flatline

Damn, that's awesome. Is there a downside, because if not, then that's my new favorite OCC.

The downside? They're twinky and overpowered and make you look like a munchkin. For -some- that's a downside. :)

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
CyberPaladin85 wrote:

--flatline

Damn, that's awesome. Is there a downside, because if not, then that's my new favorite OCC.

The downside? They're twinky and overpowered and make you look like a munchkin. For -some- that's a downside. :)

don't they also start with some insanities?
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Shark_Force wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
CyberPaladin85 wrote:

--flatline

And an evil alignment, especially if you go for the long-term contract for the extra starting levels and PPE. 20 years serving a life-force vampire whose entire species is almost to the last one evil as a willing collaborator leaves you no chance to claim to be anything but evil and changing that takes a long time to fix.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
flatline
Knight

Nightmask wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
CyberPaladin85 wrote:

--flatline

And an evil alignment, especially if you go for the long-term contract for the extra starting levels and PPE. 20 years serving a life-force vampire whose entire species is almost to the last one evil as a willing collaborator leaves you no chance to claim to be anything but evil and changing that takes a long time to fix.

Munchkin? Really? Am I the only person who read Federation of Magic? When England came out, the Temporal Wizard was the only magic OCC that could start the game with Talisman which was a huge deal because back then, Talisman was the only way to be able to cast a spell (still limited to level 8 or below) in less than half a melee. I understand that the rules have changed and you no longer need Talisman to get Armor of Ithan (or whatever) up before you die, but it wasn't always that way.

Wow, I can see that the Temporal Wizard doesn't get much love or attention here. I haven't purchased any books since FoM came out, so what I say is based on the write up in world book 3: England. If things have changed since then, perhaps someone will correct me.

Anyways...alignment restrictions and insanities only kick in if you start at level 3 or 5. If you start out as level 1, there are no insanities or alignment restrictions.

The temporal wizard is basically like a RMB Shifter (similar skills and focus) that has traded away the Shifter special abilities in order to gain access to temporal spells and better access to general spells (purchasing magic still works exactly the same way, though). Temporal spells are mostly useless, but there are a handful of super useful utility spells that totally make it worth it. Their biggest advantage is that they start with Dimensional Portal and the knowledge of any dimension they visited during their training, but without Talisman, there's no way to get the 1000PPE to cast it.

They are an awesome utility class, but as far as power goes, they're clearly out matched by just about every magic OCC since (including the Shifter rewrite).

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

flatline wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:The downside? They're twinky and overpowered and make you look like a munchkin. For -some- that's a downside. :)

Munchkin? Really? Am I the only person who read Federation of Magic? When England came out, the Temporal Wizard was the only magic OCC that could start the game with Talisman which was a huge deal because back then, Talisman was the only way to be able to cast a spell (still limited to level 8 or below) in less than half a melee. I understand that the rules have changed and you no longer need Talisman to get Armor of Ithan (or whatever) up before you die, but it wasn't always that way.

Wow, I can see that the Temporal Wizard doesn't get much love or attention here. I haven't purchased any books since FoM came out, so what I say is based on the write up in world book 3: England. If things have changed since then, perhaps someone will correct me.

Anyways...alignment restrictions and insanities only kick in if you start at level 3 or 5. If you start out as level 1, there are no insanities or alignment restrictions.

The temporal wizard is basically like a RMB Shifter (similar skills and focus) that has traded away the Shifter special abilities in order to gain access to temporal spells and better access to general spells (purchasing magic still works exactly the same way, though). Temporal spells are mostly useless, but there are a handful of super useful utility spells that totally make it worth it. Their biggest advantage is that they start with Dimensional Portal and the knowledge of any dimension they visited during their training, but without Talisman, there's no way to get the 1000PPE to cast it.

They are an awesome utility class, but as far as power goes, they're clearly out matched by just about every magic OCC since (including the Shifter rewrite).

--flatline

Responded to wrong post there, since I didn't call it munchkin nor speak disparagingly of the Temporal Wizard class just noted some of the downsides when it comes to your alignment. If it weren't for the forced alignment restrictions I'd enjoy playing one.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
flatline
Knight

Nightmask wrote:
flatline wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:The downside? They're twinky and overpowered and make you look like a munchkin. For -some- that's a downside. :)

--flatline

Responded to wrong post there, since I didn't call it munchkin nor speak disparagingly of the Temporal Wizard class just noted some of the downsides when it comes to your alignment. If it weren't for the forced alignment restrictions I'd enjoy playing one.

As long as you finish your training at level 1, there are no alignment restrictions or acquired insanities.

Enjoy!

--flatline

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Splugorthian Maxi-Man or Maxi-Killer ..

Only way to go folks .. if I had my choice haha.

Your a minion, yep .. no need worry bout where your next meal is coming from, all your nessassities are taken care of .. plus you get ANY .. equipment found in the entire splugorthian kingdom if you master wants you to have it..

Thats the downside .. haha

The upside is you can eventually win your own freedom and in doing so (proving your loyalty is enough for that) you earn your own .. well everything again nothing is out of the question anything in the realm of the splugorthian's can be yours .. TW armors, Rune weapons, Kittani tech, Bio-Wizard enhancements, Bio-Weapons .. the list is literally endless ..

You want too use nothing but magic an items like such ? Not a problem, scrolls, and talismens are super easy to come by ..

You want to use higher end tech items ? Not a problem again Atlantis has access to Phase world Tech .. and can easily get anything you may like !!

You want to go local and walk around N.A. in reletive safty ? Even that is not a problem as Atlantis has thee widest selection of Coalition gear anywhere (sept perhaps the coalition itself) almost any type of PA they put out Atlantis has ..

I'm telling you guys Maxi-men or Maxi-Killers are thee way to GO !!
TechnoGothic
Knight

@ Lenwen ... LOL
Good Points. But have you got HU2s Armegeddon Unlimited yet ?

Mystical Bestowed by Demon Lord is the way to go.
Sign you Pact. Fullfill your "Favor" set to you by the Demon Lord in question in 2d6 years.
Your Free and Clear. You have done your part, He has done his. You get to keep your abilities forever. He can longer take them away from you. Plus your Demonic Rank "Taskmaster" is still there.

You would fit in Atlantis (in Demonic Form), could fit in the NA (in Human form).
Its a great Power Class.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

SamtheDagger wrote:I have always liked the standard juicer the most. When I first picked up Rifts back in the middle 90s, it was the first OCC that really captured my imagination and said to me "this is what a hero in a world like Rifts would really look like." For me, the whole appeal is concept. Imagine yourself in a world where the average life expectancy is around 30 due to monsters, demonic plagues, deadly magic, and insane military commanders leveling everything in sight that does not conform to their supremacist attitude. Well, if you are probably going to die young anyway, why not live fast and die hard? I like some of the juicer variants from WB10, but what I most liked about that book was the fluff about juicer culture. I like juicers so much, I decided to abandon my old screen name on this site and create a new one named after the guy who was the alleged "cause" of the Juicer Uprising. (Yep, THAT Sam "The Dagger.") And because of its deleterious effects and certain lethality, kingdoms are practically begging people to sign up to become juicers, offering massive salaries and a typical two year mercenary contract in exchange for the procedure. So the technology is available to just about anyone.

The Crazy is an honorable mention. I like the OCC for many of the same reasons that I like the Juicer. It is simply a variation on the topic. I especially like the fact that they gain psychic powers through mental augmentation. And the fact that they have unavoidable mental health problems as a result is the perfect concept for balancing a high-powered character with a roleplaying handicap.

We need more on the JFL, how about a all JFL book? :lol:
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Mystic: The Swiss Army Knife of the OCCs.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Comrade Corsarius wrote:Mystic: The Swiss Army Knife of the OCCs.

I'd rather have a superior MULTI-TOOL of the OCCs :lol:
Nightbane Mystic :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Illendaver
Explorer
Comment: If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
Location: Behind the throne, Whispering my comment into the emperors ear...

Unread post by Illendaver »

I watched Terminator 2 when I was 11 and ever since I have hoped to be a cyborg. When my friend got me to try Rifts you know what I was after, then he showed me the Warlords of Russia book and told me about how much I could customize what my cyborg did.
Psychic Operator gets a special mention just because my cyborg would have died half a dozen times without one in the group.
*McRipper said so*
Me: So, what all happened last time we played?
Friend: We went back to my place and got ROFL stomped by zombies.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

OCC: Anti-Monster. Because while the chanc eof reject are nasty, the payoff is worth even more than Juicers.
RCC: Mutant, any included Mutant Animal AtB style. Combined with some other OCC's they are awesome
PCC: hard choice here...I'm not very fond of PCCs, due the poor way psionic powers are treated in palladium system, expecially in Rifts Earth (oh why yes, Mind bolt is so much use against Megadamage opponent is really worth those 40 ISP that will took 12+ hours to recover...), but i'll say i've a sot spot of psi-slingers(albeit a more proper name would have been psi-shooters/psi-channelers. And wouldn't have hurt better spelling of its set of psionics, like psi-sword forming as bayonetts on tip of guns andnsomething like that)
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer
Comment: Dear life, when i said "can my life get any worse" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge

Unread post by Secondhand Smoke »

Psi Stalker Gun Fighter, CS Special Forces & Psi-Net Burster were my most memorable.

Gun fighter is my favourite, has been since New West!
Insert philosophical quote here
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

The character I have had the most fun with was a cyberknight, the character that was the most powerful was a dragon juicer...

I have always wanted to play a godling or a lizard mage so I could have TWO mage classes, that would be awesome, but a touch over powered probably for most games.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Full Conversion Cyborg handsdown.

You can make a hulking combat brute or a stealth specialist.

Ideas for enhancements are endless. Borgs are the ultimate gear based character.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

RCC probably junk crabs from lemuria. I so want to play one they are perfect for me.
OCC Hurm probably techno wizard
PCC hurm maybe the burster although I find most of the psychic abilities/classes to be weak in the rift setting.
Voodoolaw
Wanderer

Unread post by Voodoolaw »

SDC is definately Psi-Stalker with a CK close second. Love the idea of the Battle Magus but it got a little too much in the write-up for my tastes.

MDC I will have to go with the Atlantean Undead Hunter followed by an NGR Red-Type 'Borg and an Anti-Monster.
Voodoolaw
Wanderer

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Ohh that is a Toughie....

if 100% nailed down.. I'd probably have to choose Cyber knight. (( Yep the new ones)) They're as close to Jedi as you can get.

I would go for the Psi-Warrior for this one. Almost made my list but I had to draw the line somewhere. Love me some Jedi though.
Voodoolaw
Wanderer

Had to comeback and mention the Apok. The Confessor just *looks* beast. Which gives me an idea for a new thread...
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Voodoolaw wrote:Had to comeback and mention the Apok. The Confessor just *looks* beast. Which gives me an idea for a new thread...

I really liked the apok but given the stated rules of the symbiot things only work on wormwood I just cannot take any of the wormwood stuff to seriously as its not really transportable to other settings.
Voodoolaw
Wanderer

kaid wrote:
Voodoolaw wrote:Had to comeback and mention the Apok. The Confessor just *looks* beast. Which gives me an idea for a new thread...

I really liked the apok but given the stated rules of the symbiot things only work on wormwood I just cannot take any of the wormwood stuff to seriously as its not really transportable to other settings.

From the FAQ:

"18. If you were an Apok from wormwood would the mask survive off of wormwood? Could you be an Apok on earth or anywhere else in Megaverse with the mask?

Answer: Yes to both questions. The Apoks mask is the only wormwood symbiote that can survive away from Wormwood because it is linked to the Apok, not the planet."

I don't really agree with it because it just seems like they decided, "The apok's mask is his *thing*. Let's just say that it works off-world."
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Voodoolaw wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Ohh that is a Toughie....

I would go for the Psi-Warrior for this one. Almost made my list but I had to draw the line somewhere. Love me some Jedi though.

I do agree that the Psi-Warrior is close. In fact I'd call them different flavors of the same good thing. Mmmm Meat lovers pizza or supreme pizza kinda thing. Just for 'me' though I kinda like the style of the CK. :) But Psi-warrior is totally cool as well.

flatline
Knight

Voodoolaw wrote:
kaid wrote:

From the FAQ:

"18. If you were an Apok from wormwood would the mask survive off of wormwood? Could you be an Apok on earth or anywhere else in Megaverse with the mask?

Answer: Yes to both questions. The Apoks mask is the only wormwood symbiote that can survive away from Wormwood because it is linked to the Apok, not the planet."

I don't really agree with it because it just seems like they decided, "The apok's mask is his *thing*. Let's just say that it works off-world."

Every GM I've ever played with allowed wormwood symbiotes to leave wormwood. One required the player to "feed" the symbiote some amount of PPE every day, but the others didn't even require that since the symbiotes add flavor to the group and are considerably less powerful than symbiotes found elsewhere (like Atlantis).

--flatline
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

flatline wrote:
Voodoolaw wrote:
kaid wrote:

From the FAQ:

Every GM I've ever played with allowed wormwood symbiotes to leave wormwood. One required the player to "feed" the symbiote some amount of PPE every day, but the others didn't even require that since the symbiotes add flavor to the group and are considerably less powerful than symbiotes found elsewhere (like Atlantis).

--flatline

Don't everyone have a heart attack or anything, but I agree with Flatline here. On the few occasions where it comes up. We've allowed wormwood stuff to leave wormwood, especially the Apok, but the rest 'do just fine' in Rifts high PPE environment.

Voodoolaw
Wanderer

flatline wrote:Every GM I've ever played with allowed wormwood symbiotes to leave wormwood. One required the player to "feed" the symbiote some amount of PPE every day, but the others didn't even require that since the symbiotes add flavor to the group and are considerably less powerful than symbiotes found elsewhere (like Atlantis).

--flatline

I have allowed symbiotes off-world as well. I just think it was kind of weird they made an exception for the Apok.

I think there was an NPC in one of the Chi-Town 'Burbs books or possibly a War on Tolkeen book that was an Apok on Earth and was feeding his mask PPE to sustain it. Or something along those lines. I also distinctly remember it conflicting with what was answered in the FAQ. Lack of continuity. Shocker I know.
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

Promethean Temporal Wizard.
flatline
Knight

Galroth wrote:Promethean Temporal Wizard.

I've never actually played one of these, but I bet they rock!

--flatline
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

flatline wrote:
Galroth wrote:Promethean Temporal Wizard.

I've never actually played one of these, but I bet they rock!

--flatline

Master psionics, plus awesome magic, plus the ability to take phase powers with secondary skills. Yeah they are pretty much all that and a bucket of chicken.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Favourite OCC; Special Forces (either Mercs or War Campaign)
Favourite RCC(s): Sea Titan & Dog Boy
Favourite PCC: Dog Boy
They're all just fun to play! :D
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

R.C.C.: Ice Dragon Hatchling (what else ;-) )

P.C.C.: PSI Slinger (Gunfight at the O.K. Choral anybody)

O.C.C.: Temporal Wizard (a mage as it should be)
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
flatline
Knight

I'm loving all this Temporal Wizard love.

In other threads, it has always seemed like nobody liked them but me.

--flatline
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Ice Dragon wrote:R.C.C.: Ice Dragon Hatchling (what else ;-) )

P.C.C.: PSI Slinger (Gunfight at the O.K. Choral anybody)

O.C.C.: Temporal Wizard (a mage as it should be)

:lol: Wait since when was the "gunfight" a musical production? I think you meant "corral". :D But yeah, the psi-slinger seems fun too!
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)

Return to “Rifts®”