Venus Di Milo?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Venus Di Milo?

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Here's a question, brought up by my wife the other day. I was talking about pizza making me think of the TMNT, and she asked "Wasn't there a female turtle?" and I go "Yeah.... ---Kinda---, Venus Di Milo... " and went on to explain about her and such.

Here's my question to you all though. Do you consider Venus Di Milo canon in your games, or even in the TMNT universe all together? If so, or if not, why?

I know the 'controversy' but I'm curious as to your opinions on this character.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Venus Di Milo?

Unread post by Nightmask »

I barely remember the character but not being rigidly worshipful of canon I really wouldn't have problems with her in a game, provided I had decent stats on her and an understanding of the character.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I don't because she was only in one incarnation. I consider her part of an 'alternate world TMNT'. Plus Peter Laird hates the character.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

TMNT and Other Strangeness was based on the original TMNT comics published by Eastman and Laird. Venus de Milo was a character created for a Live Action TMNT production called "Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation". So, as MikeM, she's canon for an alternate setting.

As far as the continuity of the TMNT RPG, the Mirage Studios comics are the canon by which you should go by.

HOWEVER, that should not stop anybody from taking their game in whatever direction they want. If they want to run their game based on any of the movie, cartoon, comic series, or combination there-of, go for it.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

MikeM wrote:I don't because she was only in one incarnation. I consider her part of an 'alternate world TMNT'. Plus Peter Laird hates the character.

This best describes it.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

I don't hate the character. I may or may not put her in my game if the PCs run into the turtles.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”