Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Anyone catch the highlights for the Genesis Pits SB
Press Release Nov. 10, 2011 wrote:The Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook goes beyond the cartoon and deep into the machinations of the Invid and their deadly consequences for all who happen into their path.

•New genetic mutations usable by most characters.
•Several never-before-seen Genesis Pits, like the Everglades Hell Gardens.
•Evolutionary experiments gone wrong, like giant insects and devolved Invid, and extinct creatures from Earth's past.
•Genesis Pits on alien worlds filled with strange monsters.
•New Frankenmechs, like the Fury (Valkyrie and Queadluun-Rau power armor hybrid).
•The last surviving Robotech Masters and their clones.
•The Invid Simulagent R.C.C.
•Mutated Zentraedi.
•The fate of the Alaska Grand Cannon and more.

I would have thought the Simulagent would have been in the NG SB.

We will be seeing some "standardized" Frankenmechs. Might this be the only way for PB to create new units like in "Strike Force" and "Return of the Masters"? Aside from recycling OSM designs or variant models of existing units.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Well maybe some of the material from Return of the Masters will get reused somehow....but I am scratching my head now as to why something that SHOULD be in New Gen (The Invid Simulagent) ISN'T in New Gen. It's like leaving out the info on stuff that was IN Shadow Chronicles from the RPG
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Defender_X
Explorer

Unread post by Defender_X »

I'm going to view the Genesis Pit sourcebook as New Gen part 2. Given that it will have a lot more info on the pits than the original Invid Invasion book did. Make it easier on me mentallly. :wink: :D
I get that many attacks with my beam cannons?!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

jaymz wrote:Well maybe some of the material from Return of the Masters will get reused somehow....but I am scratching my head now as to why something that SHOULD be in New Gen (The Invid Simulagent) ISN'T in New Gen. It's like leaving out the info on stuff that was IN Shadow Chronicles from the RPG
I know... Glad they included the Ark Angel, the Ickarus, the Super-Alpha and Super-Beta in shadow Chronicles... I mean it would have been silly to include the Condor/bioroid interceptor... , but not Have the Actual Mecha Maya and Crew flew in the movie....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

I'm guessing that the Simulagent RCC covers Ariel, Corg, and Sera - that is, it's what the old RPG called a Stage Five Invid. Seeing as how we've already got game stats for Ariel, it should be interesting to see what they do.

I've also been thinking of Genesis Pits as New Generation 2, with New Gen covering what humans on Earth have been doing during the Invid occupation while Genesis Pits covers the rest of the Invid side of things; though given the stunts that Edwards pulled with the Regent's Genesis Pit in PttSC, it definitely has wider applicability. And I guess that it does make sense to place that RCC with the rest of the Invid evolutionary experimentations.

Oh: and I'm wondering if Dusty Ayres is going to be pointed to as an example of a human with "genetic mutations": i.e., will the genetic mutations include Invid-based cybernetics? Or will such things as Invid cybernetics and Invid force fields be included in New Gen, while Genesis Pits focuses exclusively on the "mutations" side of things?
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

ShadowLogan wrote:Anyone catch the highlights for the Genesis Pits SB
Press Release Nov. 10, 2011 wrote:The Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook goes beyond the cartoon and deep into the machinations of the Invid and their deadly consequences for all who happen into their path.

•Evolutionary experiments gone wrong, like giant insects and devolved Invid, and extinct creatures from Earth's past.
•New Frankenmechs, like the Fury (Valkyrie and Queadluun-Rau power armor hybrid).
•Mutated Zentraedi.

I would have thought the Simulagent would have been in the NG SB.

We will be seeing some "standardized" Frankenmechs. Might this be the only way for PB to create new units like in "Strike Force" and "Return of the Masters"? Aside from recycling OSM designs or variant models of existing units.

OMG I MUST HAVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!

Ok, i'm calm now :lol: ......anyway since i GM Robotech, this is going to be a fantastic addition....this and the New Generation book
The Dragon Has Spoken
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:Well maybe some of the material from Return of the Masters will get reused somehow....but I am scratching my head now as to why something that SHOULD be in New Gen (The Invid Simulagent) ISN'T in New Gen. It's like leaving out the info on stuff that was IN Shadow Chronicles from the RPG
I know... Glad they included the Ark Angel, the Ickarus, the Super-Alpha and Super-Beta in shadow Chronicles... I mean it would have been silly to include the Condor/bioroid interceptor... , but not Have the Actual Mecha Maya and Crew flew in the movie....

Exactly. All we got was the super cyclone and silverback and not enough info on haydonites to even use them as bad guys. We basically already have the new gen sourcebook with sentinels aged-weaponry and detailed invid mecha which were nerfed from the original game. I might just rip the cover off of the NG SB and glue it over my tSC book and be happier.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

dataweaver wrote:I'm guessing that the Simulagent RCC covers Ariel, Corg, and Sera - that is, it's what the old RPG called a Stage Five Invid. Seeing as how we've already got game stats for Ariel, it should be interesting to see what they do.

I've also been thinking of Genesis Pits as New Generation 2, with New Gen covering what humans on Earth have been doing during the Invid occupation while Genesis Pits covers the rest of the Invid side of things; though given the stunts that Edwards pulled with the Regent's Genesis Pit in PttSC, it definitely has wider applicability. And I guess that it does make sense to place that RCC with the rest of the Invid evolutionary experimentations.

Oh: and I'm wondering if Dusty Ayres is going to be pointed to as an example of a human with "genetic mutations": i.e., will the genetic mutations include Invid-based cybernetics? Or will such things as Invid cybernetics and Invid force fields be included in New Gen, while Genesis Pits focuses exclusively on the "mutations" side of things?

I am hoping everything you said will be covered. Id love to see if there is a specific reason why Ariel can teleport like the Regis. Because she is royalty? Will PCs have access to this ability? Or will standard PC OCCs not have it?

Dusty better be included as the genetic mutations! Either way, the topics you mention better be included regardless.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

Ariel is not the main baseline Typical Stage 5 Invid. She is/was an early Prototype genetics experiment infused with much more power and abilities than the ceneric Stage 5 Invid was intended to have. As a result Ariel is one of a kind and has the potential to evolve into an invid qween herself one day.

Dusty was an experiment to study the internal organs and the anatomy of humans. They replaced the removed stuff with cybernetics and set him loose with a "TAG" to observe his behavior after release. He is not a mutation.

I am also curious to see what actually gets put into the books. However I would be very surprised if the book was actually out ontime.
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

•Mutated Zentraedi.

Am I insane or do I remember something like this in the Invid War Aftermath comic series? It was like a Valk battloid with a large thruster or something on the back.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Chris0013 wrote:Am I insane or do I remember something like this in the Invid War Aftermath comic series? It was like a Valk battloid with a large thruster or something on the back.

i don't know about Aftermath, but you have this in the Robotech: Sentinels II: Malcontent Uprisings comic series..the same place the idea of 'frankenmecha' was drawn from.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Gryphon wrote:Aftermath had some sort of heavily modified battloid only VF-1(an A model I think) that I thought was supposed to be a sort of fusion powered cybernetic or brain direct control mecha of some sort, with a brain washed Bernard at the controls...that sounds wrong somehow, I'll have to see if I can look this one up, I have the comics stashed away somewhere.

I actually like Franken-Mecha, but I also admit that I like the term Stinger better. On the other hand a mecha slapped together form parts of a few Destroids is hardly deserving of a title that evokes images of decent agility, now does it?

Stinger better
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
ESalter
Adventurer

Re: Old Robotech Comic

Unread post by ESalter »

Gryphon wrote:Aftermath had some sort of heavily modified battloid only VF-1(an A model I think) that I thought was supposed to be a sort of fusion powered cybernetic or brain direct control mecha of some sort, with a brain washed Bernard at the controls...that sounds wrong somehow, I'll have to see if I can look this one up, I have the comics stashed away somewhere.

I remember reading about that at the old Robotech Comic Universe. IIRC, it was some "Macross"-era guy whose plane crashed so they installed his brain in a mecha; I thought it was a plausible interpretation of the "thinking cap." I believe the story itself took place after RW3, and Scott was probably involved.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

I actually like Franken-Mecha, but I also admit that I like the term Stinger better. On the other hand a mecha slapped together form parts of a few Destroids is hardly deserving of a title that evokes images of decent agility, now does it?

find and tell us more if you scan that few pages PM PLZ
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

http://www.facebook.com/PalladiumBooksRobotech New Generation was sent to the printer last night. Rifts Path of the Storm goes in tomorrow. Get all the details in my latest Murmur. Hope you are as excited as we are that new books are coming out. Rifts Lemuria is next. -- Kevin Siembieda

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=126734
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Snake Eyes
Hero

Colonel Wolfe wrote:http://www.facebook.com/PalladiumBooksRobotech New Generation was sent to the printer last night. Rifts Path of the Storm goes in tomorrow. Get all the details in my latest Murmur. Hope you are as excited as we are that new books are coming out. Rifts Lemuria is next. -- Kevin Siembieda

Awesome news indeed.........which means i will be getting this book next month
The Dragon Has Spoken
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

yeah!!!!!!!!!
Chris0013
Hero

So can we get an answer on what the new mecha are and some teasers on the art??
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:http://www.facebook.com/PalladiumBooksRobotech New Generation was sent to the printer last night. Rifts Path of the Storm goes in tomorrow. Get all the details in my latest Murmur. Hope you are as excited as we are that new books are coming out. Rifts Lemuria is next. -- Kevin Siembieda

About time. NOW I'll pre-order it. Update: Just did! :D
They can't see me...Right!?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Chris0013 wrote:So can we get an answer on what the new mecha are and some teasers on the art??

I suspect that some of the new mecha could be be from the Invasion Video Game.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

ShadowLogan wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:So can we get an answer on what the new mecha are and some teasers on the art??

subtracting the stuff already in RT:tSC RPG...
Invid:
heavy enforcer (an enforcer with slightly better armor, and an extra gun on each shoulder)
'Mortar scout' (a scout with three big artillery style guns, used as a semi-mobile emplacement)
'Grappler' image. in game it's immune to infantry weapons, except for the eye)

Human units:
Devestator Cyclone (a battler with more armor and additional weaponry)
Shadowdancer cyclone (shadow device equipped devestator with alternate weapons loadout)
Destabilizer tank

i suspect the "new mecha" will be mostly 'standardized' Frankenmecha types.

personally, i'm both anticipating and dreading the "how to use Macross and masters era mecha in New Gen" part, since that looks to promise an official explanation of the SLMH vs. Protoculture issue, and an answer to the "can invid see SLMH fusion powered mecha" question. anticipation because it would be nice ot have an answer, dreading because obviously we all have our own opinions, and whatever it turns out to be, there will be inevitable complaints about it and arguements over whether it was a good solution or not.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

and whatever it turns out to be, there will be inevitable complaints about it and arguments over whether it was a good solution or not.
True, but at least there will be an "Official" explanation for the Problem. no matter the Official response, I'm gonna stick to my house rules.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The Devastator Cyclone from Invasion is mentioned in Shadow Chronicles RPG. Apparently it was a Prototype that eventually as developed into the heavy cyclone from the RPG also named a Devastator).

Perhaps a less capable version of the Shadowdancer isn't too far off.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Snake Eyes
Hero

Oh great, a shadow cyclone........one of the players in my Robotech group is gonna see this and say....MINE, MINE ,MINE!!!!!!
The Dragon Has Spoken
Chris0013
Hero

Snake Eyes wrote:Oh great, a shadow cyclone........one of the players in my Robotech group is gonna see this and say....MINE, MINE ,MINE!!!!!!

Don't let him get ahold of it...as soon as he gets close an Invid shows up and destroys it.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

ShadowLogan wrote:

they better :x
Snake Eyes
Hero

Chris0013 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:Oh great, a shadow cyclone........one of the players in my Robotech group is gonna see this and say....MINE, MINE ,MINE!!!!!!

Don't let him get ahold of it...as soon as he gets close an Invid shows up and destroys it.

Yup........its gonna have a glitch......"oh, by the way, when you switch your stealth cyclone to battloid every Invid within 5 square miles can see you" :twisted:
The Dragon Has Spoken
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Snake Eyes wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:

Yup........its gonna have a glitch......"oh, by the way, when you switch your stealth cyclone to battloid every Invid within 5 square miles can see you" :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

UPDATE:
Robotech® The New Generation™ Sourcebook is at the printer! The book was sent to the printer on Tuesday and should be on track for a November 28 release. I say “should” only because with the Thanksgiving Day holiday, you never know for sure. It could get bumped a day or two.

Robotech® The New Generation™ Sourcebook is awesome. It offers the ability use mecha and O.C.C.s from ALL eras of Robotech® in one setting against the Invid. Play mecha pilots of Veritech Fighters, Destroids, Battloids, Hover Tanks, Cyclones, and something called “Frankenmecha” – giant robots combined with the limbs, weapons and body parts of two or more mecha. There are rules for creating Frankenmecha, vehicle combat and crash damage as well as stats and descriptions for new weapons, new vehicles, seven new O.C.C.s (including Invid Genetics and Cyborg Experiments, Invid Princes and Princesses and Resistance Fighter O.C.C.s), Invid Hives, key characters from the TV show, world overview, great art and more. And, due to popular demand, it is in our usual 8½ x 11 book format. Ships November 28.
Snake Eyes
Hero

ZINO wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:

Easiest way to kill a munchkin :lol:
The Dragon Has Spoken
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Snake Eyes wrote:
ZINO wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:

Easiest way to kill a munchkin :lol:

Better yet, stealth system fails when the character's infiltrating an Invid hive...
They can't see me...Right!?
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

A thought just occurred to me. A while back (after Shadow Chronicles was released, but before the Southern Cross sourcebook came out), I proposed a "Gamma VHT", a design that took the Alpha frame and repurposed it for use as a hovertank (while retaining the ability to dock with a Beta). The thread eventually got locked because stats were introduced; but I believe that it's still hanging around here somewhere. Anyway, it just occurred to me that the assumptions that I was working with for the Gamma are essentially the same sorts of assumptions that are likely in place for Frankenmecha: that you can essentially put together a new type of mecha by making alterations to an existing design, and patching in weapons systems and the like from other models as needed. Might it be possible that the Gamma could make a showing as a Frankenmecha?

More generally, might PB and HG be willing to relax the "no mecha stats" rule in the case of Frankenmecha? I can just picture the pent-up flood of designs that would inundate this board if they were to do so.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

dataweaver wrote:A thought just occurred to me. A while back (after Shadow Chronicles was released, but before the Southern Cross sourcebook came out), I proposed a "Gamma VHT", a design that took the Alpha frame and repurposed it for use as a hovertank (while retaining the ability to dock with a Beta). The thread eventually got locked because stats were introduced; but I believe that it's still hanging around here somewhere. Anyway, it just occurred to me that the assumptions that I was working with for the Gamma are essentially the same sorts of assumptions that are likely in place for Frankenmecha: that you can essentially put together a new type of mecha by making alterations to an existing design, and patching in weapons systems and the like from other models as needed. Might it be possible that the Gamma could make a showing as a Frankenmecha?

More generally, might PB and HG be willing to relax the "no mecha stats" rule in the case of Frankenmecha? I can just picture the pent-up flood of designs that would inundate this board if they were to do so.

ask PB and PM for the stats!!!!!PLZ!!!!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The No Stats policy is likely going to say.

Of course you can talk about what pieces and such that you've combined together and anyone with a copy of the book an make a reasonable facsimile. But no stats.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Chris0013
Hero

In regard to the art....will we see some mixed up cyclone weapon systems? Guys in VR-038s and wimmenz in the Saber, Battler, and the new one?

Been wanting to see a guy on a LT cyclone with an EP-40
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

In Regards to the Shadowdancer Cyclone. Just give it the same Limitations as in the Invasion Game. Basically the Cloak has a Limited duration per activation and when you fire off a weapon the cloak is droped.

This avoids the whole "Can fire when cloaked" thing like that experimental ST Bird of prey thing.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Jefffar wrote:The No Stats policy is likely going to say.

Of course you can talk about what pieces and such that you've combined together and anyone with a copy of the book an make a reasonable facsimile. But no stats.

good to hear from you Jefffar :) ... no wait ;)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Gryphon wrote:But...but...THAT'S UNMANLY!!!!!

Seriously though, I wouldn't against visual "proof" that the Cyclones are actually not gender specific.

Go to the uRRG site. They have a gallery where they mix it up a bit iirc.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

jaymz wrote:

Seriously though, I wouldn't against visual "proof" that the Cyclones are actually not gender specific.

uRRG site.???? hum, where the link ???
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ZINO wrote:
jaymz wrote:

uRRG site.???? hum, where the link ???

Not to get anyone into a snit, just google Unofficial Robotech Reference Guide.

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

to save some people the trouble (especially since the URRG's gallery's don't always have working images..)

Female rider wearing VR-052 Battler armor
male Rider wearing VR-038-LT armor

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

glitterboy2098 wrote:to save some people the trouble (especially since the URRG's gallery's don't always have working images..)

Female rider wearing VR-052 Battler armor
male Rider wearing VR-038-LT armor

N1
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Chris0013 wrote:In regard to the art....will we see some mixed up cyclone weapon systems? Guys in VR-038s and wimmenz in the Saber, Battler, and the new one?

Common sense dictates that the cyclone forearm weapon systems are interchangeable across all models. So yes a VR-038 can have GR-97's, an EP-40 and single GR-97, CADS-1 and so forth.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Chris0013
Hero

jedi078 wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:In regard to the art....will we see some mixed up cyclone weapon systems? Guys in VR-038s and wimmenz in the Saber, Battler, and the new one?

Common sense dictates that the cyclone forearm weapon systems are interchangeable across all models. So yes a VR-038 can have GR-97's, an EP-40 and single GR-97, CADS-1 and so forth.

I understand that....I just want to see some professional art of different weapon loadouts....like a LT with an EP40 or a battler with an RL6
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

I would say that a decent loadout would be the fallowing

Gr-97 on Left Arm
EP40 on Right Arm
RL-6 Equiped.

This gives most cyclones a decent mix of firepower.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

and probably a nose down posture when driving.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

FreelancerMar wrote:I would say that a decent loadout would be the fallowing

Gr-97 on Left Arm
EP40 on Right Arm
RL-6 Equiped.

Can't use an RL-6 when using an EP-40 or EP-37 as those would be used by your hand in battloid like the RL-6.

\m/
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

jaymz wrote:

Gr-97 on Left Arm
EP40 on Right Arm
RL-6 Equipped.

Can't use an RL-6 when using an EP-40 or EP-37 as those would be used by your hand in battloid like the RL-6.

As long as the RL-6 is on the same side as a GR-97, there shouldn't be a problem. As it is shown that a VR-052 can have both GR-97's and an EP-37 in Battloid Mode, and the EP-37 like the RL-6 is stored on the handlebars in Motorcycle Mode
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Chris0013 wrote:
jedi078 wrote:

I understand that....I just want to see some professional art of different weapon loadouts....like a LT with an EP40 or a battler with an RL6

I've ran into players and GM's who think that the forearm weapons are not interchangeable.

I too would like to see some pro art.

Gr-97 on Left Arm
EP40 on Right Arm
RL-6 Equiped.

IMO the best Cyclone firepower wise (and what is used as the front line infantry unit in my games) is a VR-41 equipped with GR-97's and an EP-37.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Tiree wrote:
jaymz wrote:

Gr-97 on Left Arm
EP40 on Right Arm
RL-6 Equipped.

As long as the RL-6 is on the same side as a GR-97, there shouldn't be a problem. As it is shown that a VR-052 can have both GR-97's and an EP-37 in Battloid Mode, and the EP-37 like the RL-6 is stored on the handlebars in Motorcycle Mode

That is all well and good but we only ever see the RL-6, EP-40 or EP-37 mounted on the right hand side so having an EP-40 would preclude using the RL-6 if that is in fact the only way to mount them. I am not saying it is and logic would dictate that there would have to be "left handed" models to be sure but there is no evidence to say there is.

\m/

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”