other forcefields

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rc_brooks
Explorer

other forcefields

Unread post by rc_brooks »

As naruni has been around for a little while now, have any earth manufacturers reverse engineered their field technology (in published books)? I haven't been able to keep up with everything.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Re: other forcefields

Unread post by azazel1024 »

No.

However, Triax does have a forcefield. The specifics are little lighter than that described for the Naruni Forcefields and how they work.

It is also a lot weaker. The original Ultimax has a 100MDC forcefield, in a Rifter and in Triax 2 an add on for the Jagers has a forcefield projector (I think also 100MDC) and IIRC in Triax 2 one or two other robot vehicles have forcefields.

No one else other than Naruni and Triax on Rifts Earth make/sell force fields.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Don't the Japanese have some too? And maybe NG's newer stuff?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

There is a race of serpent like D-bees that live in southern Mexico/Yucatan that have force field tech, as well as the aliens that were behind the trouble of the Juicer Uprisings at Newtown, the Splugorth have magical talismans with force fields and of course there is techno-wizard converted armor that has armor of ithan and the Megaversal Legion in SA has an alternative sort of force field tech that stops physical attacks. There might be more but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Anthar wrote:There is a race of serpent like D-bees that live in southern Mexico/Yucatan that have force field tech, as well as the aliens that were behind the trouble of the Juicer Uprisings at Newtown, the Splugorth have magical talismans with force fields and of course there is techno-wizard converted armor that has armor of ithan and the Megaversal Legion in SA has an alternative sort of force field tech that stops physical attacks. There might be more but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Good call on the I-Beam Field from the ML! Forgot about that one. The aliens from Newtown were the Vallax, they are on the second to last page of Juice Uprising.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

The Vernoulians are the ones in Vampire Kingdoms. They're also the first MDC race capable of becoming juicers.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Dbees of NA has a couple of races in it that use forcefields. A spider one is the first one that comes to mind.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

abtex wrote:Dbees of NA has a couple of races in it that use forcefields. A spider one is the first one that comes to mind.

Another good catch. Those are the Spinne. WB 30.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Megaversal Legion has Forcefields and Inertia Fields that "Parry" incomming physical attacks.
Success Parry of the I-Field means no damage, projectiles fall to the ground. Failure, they take 1/2 damage !! Stillsounds useful to me even if you fail the parry roll for the I-field.

But the ML does have Force-Fields, the Destroyer Borg uses them and an I-field.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Rifts®”