Cities of ATB Road Hogs

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Cities of ATB Road Hogs

Unread post by Zenvis »

The cities of Porkland and Whinnie Mucca are well known at to their location but where is La Sugunda Pregunta and Americorp? After reading ATB: Road Hogs I realized that its very vague. This book is the reason why I am working hard to rewrite it. Suggestions on things that need to be mentioned?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: Cities of ATB Road Hogs

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Vague? Not really. Americorp is explained in the book as being a loose confederation based in Sacremento and all the major towns on route 99 and the interior. So basically most of the towns on the map.

La Segunda Pregunta is further detailed and its outline mapped out in the Mutants of the Yucatan book.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

The book should be three times thicker.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

map
Pregunta is pretty well defined (at least its western borders) but you're right Americorp is very nebulous. Thinking about it now i realize i've always just played it that way as well. Meaning that i've felt that in the game world, the 99ers (and the many many more people who use Americorp currency) consider themselves part of Americorp not any specific area. It's more like an idea than a territory. Obviously Sacramento is the head of the UTNA, as is route 99, but wherever the troopers keep the peace, wherever the new roads are built and wherever the truckers bring supplies, news and mail is Americorp too.

It's been my feeling that Pregunta is the exception on the west coast for boundary enforcement. The Cattle and Hogs seem nomadic, and the Prairie Dogs are just kind of into their own stuff to bother... It's always played out that characters in Road Hogs games just assume that anyone they meet is part of the UTNA until they identify themselves otherwise.

I'm certain that no one's mileage varies as widely as mine, but there you go.

On the topic of things that could be fleshed out: Of course all of the organizations can be detailed including things only alluded to (such as "ninja" societies) I have tons of ideas for how the Imperium works and what it would be like to go/invade there.
You know i really really liked Erin Linsey's Rifter article on Philly something similar for Sacramento (almost four times as populous) or (especially?) Fresno-by-the-sea and it's possibly pretendous population, not to mention how a Dolphin Free State would work exactly.
It could also be interesting to explore how the West coast mutants interact with the seemingly more prevalent mutated insects in 2nd ed. To say nothing of what might have come out of the various cultures of California, Oregon Arizona, Utah (and beyond) EGGs (or however that sentence started).

Anyway, i'm obviously falling asleep, but i'm kind of getting back into/excited about the whole RPG thing again and would like to see what you come up with!

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”