Favorite magic user to take into Mutants In Orbit

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Favorite magic user to take into Mutants In Orbit

Unread post by Nightmask »

So like the title says what would be your favorite magic user to take into the Mutants in Orbit setting and why? While keeping in mind that in general you aren't going to get to enjoy things like Ley Lines or Nexus Points to augment the character and have to pretty much stick with what you've got and can find ways to store over time.

Myself I'm not sure what my favorite would be. Techno-Wizards would be enormously useful and desirous since TW generators would be incredibly useful for powering things and not have the problems nuclear or solar have. Plus the ability to instill spells into objects would make things quite a bit safer with spells like Protection From Space or TW recycling systems (no losses to the system like with conventional recycling).

Warlocks probably come in even handier in a more limited fashion. Each type has several extremely useful spells one could value in the space community. Air Warlocks have the obvious ability to create pure air as needed and cure bad air in emergencies, Water Warlocks creating valuable water (literally so since it's even currency in space) and it can be turned into useful oxygen at the same time, and can't go wrong with all the Earth Warlock spells that can create not only dirt for growing things but actually create lead and iron as well as use Create Steel for recycling and effectively creating a little extra metal to work with. Even Fire Warlocks have some useful spells since Create Coal is supplying useful carbon.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Favorite magic user to take into Mutants In Orbit

Unread post by Nightmask »

Laux the Ogre wrote:Space Warlock, from 3Gs.

I don't remember a specific OCC named that, which book is it in?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Re: Favorite magic user to take into Mutants In Orbit

Unread post by acreRake »

If I can enter the Caverns of Yin from asteroids (even dwarf planets or moons are acceptable) then a Wu Shih.
Too bad/Good thing* Kuseru isn't around to hector/enlighten* me about chi in space.

*Delete as necessary.

(Also when Laux the Ogre said "3Gs", he meant "Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™")

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”