a call to arms....sort of

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dworldjumper
D-Bee

a call to arms....sort of

Unread post by dworldjumper »

We need to bring back Ninjas and Superspies from oblivion. To do so we need to make the powers at be understand that we want our game back and bad. If we just do nothing Ninjas will languish in the background despite the fact that it is already a game that has been made and is viable. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil. And we want the oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tastes Like Chicken
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: a call to arms....sort of

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I'd like to see more material too, but Kevin's said in an interveiw that palladium has "No current plans" to do anything with the line.

You'll have to do something major to show that a new N&SS product would actually sell as well or better than a comparable Rifts product for the same investment in time and resources.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:I'd like to see more material too, but Kevin's said in an interveiw that palladium has "No current plans" to do anything with the line.

You'll have to do something major to show that a new N&SS product would actually sell as well or better than a comparable Rifts product for the same investment in time and resources.

So what's the policy on someone simply producing a 'second edition' and proffering it to Palladium as a possible product?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Palladium no longer accepts direct submissions. the two best current ways to get a pitch in, is to write related articles for the rifter to prove your writing chops, and/or catch Kevin at the Open House. Preferably both.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Palladium no longer accepts direct submissions. the two best current ways to get a pitch in, is to write related articles for the rifter to prove your writing chops, and/or catch Kevin at the Open House. Preferably both.

So one could test out revisions particularly to things like the OCC, Skill Programs, and gear by submitting them to the Rifter and if successful might prove able to get a full revision accepted. Something to keep in mind then. God knows the cybernetics alone needs work. Whoever thought you could imbed a microwave web in someone strong enough to microwave others and not harm the cyborg really didn't understand how dangerous microwaves are or how they work.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

basically yes. So far most of the Rifter submissions for N&SS have just been more martial art forms. An update to Cyberknights might go over well indeed.

Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

I kind of started revising N&SS over the weekend for what it's worth. I've been thinking about it for the last couple of months, but I've had trouble getting started. I'm only a few pages in, but I'm hoping to discipline myself into getting a few pages done every night.

I'm mainly just doing it for ***** and giggles, but who knows what might happen down the road?
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”