~ White Lion ~ Enchanted Weapon character

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

~ White Lion ~ Enchanted Weapon character

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I created a new character which i'm calling White Lion right now.
He is a Enchanted Weapons type. I wanted the weapon to be alitle more unique so i used powers and abilities from Enchanted Weapons, Rune Weapons, Lightbringers, NB Artifacts, and Transformable Weapon to build it. I did stick to 6 Powers overall for the weapon itself.

Ok. I rolled for weapon Type, rolled Large Sword.

Super or Magic Abilities. I Rolled One Major Super-ability. Random Rolled for the Major power, got Lycanthropy. Ok I thought this is weird as heck. Then it came to me. When not activated, he is a normal person, but when he calls on the weapon's power, he is transformed into a Lycan. Rolled for Lycan type, and rolled Big Cat. Cool. This gives me Supernatural PS for FREE, as well has other abilties. Nice.

Weapon of Order (good) Powers. Selected Tongues at will.
Now, i just was not feeling that most of the powers felt "right" for this this character. So I searched out powers from other magical weapons from various books to see If some of their unique powers would help flesh out this character. "1" Power down.

Transformable Weapons
I liked this idea, of the for some reason. So i decided to allow the the weapons to be transformed from a Dagger to the full Sword upon activation. That way it can be easier carried when not activated which helps. Did not want to go the Thor/Thunderstrike method of the weapon turning to a non-weapon object though. So it becomes a dagger instead. "1" Weapon Power down.

Holy Weapon
I like this idea too. That it made to be a Holy weapon also. I gave it the ability to Turn 6d6 Dead-Undead 1-80% for 2d4 Hours. I debated about giving it the the Bread & Milk ability, but decided against it. Though it would be useful. Then i remembered, this is a LYCAN, a Predator.
"1" more Power down.

Artifacts of Power
Ok I liked several from this type, and went with them
#1 = I liked the Speed Doubler for Weapons. +2 Attacks, +2 Initiative
#2 = Greatest Healing Power !! 1d6 HP/SDC per Turn. Regrows organs, limbs, etc... Combined with the Doubled Healing power for the Lycan power, I decided this upgrades to 2d6 per Round !!
#3 = Supernatural PS & PE. Thought he could use the bonus. Rolled 4+4 (+8) for PS. Never fatiques, etc... Nice add-on for a Lycan type
"3" Powers down. and no more powers left for the weapon.
Yeah I know I could do more, but i won't. I'll keep it to only 6 for the Enchanted Weapon limit as written.

So When Activated, the Sword gives him a total of +3 Attacks. Pretty good. +14 PS "supernatural", HF 13, Lose control of humanity on Full Moons, "24" base+60+80 SDC in Lycan form. No Physical skills so far though.

ALL in ALL, a Good Solid Character.

Even Found a picture online i was able to modify to work with the concept so far.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h232/ ... OmensB.jpg
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Re: ~ White Lion ~ Enchanted Weapon character

Unread post by Her0man0 »

That is really cool, I have that same picture and was going to make a Were Lion (I made a werelion RCC) and just hadnt gotten to it yet.... what a coincidence.

and BTW the character you made is really cool and pretty decent as far as power level goes.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Yeah I was surpised it turned out so well. Not muchkin, yet not underpowered either. The character hits the Sweer Spot range for characters IMHO.

Ohh you like the sword i altered it to ? ;) :eek:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

i really dig your idea, and tend to agree that it's got that sweet spot power level, but i'm obligated to say THUNDER... THUNDER... THUNDER... THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOO!!!
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Wait
Wait
I never had a chance to love you.
Now i only want to tell you i love you one more time. -- White Lion, Wait.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

Have you given though to the actual transformation yet? Is it a grand blast of magical energy like that of He-Man and Lion-O (the two characters sharing a similar concept) or something subtle that wouldn't attract that much attention.

I could really see something Crocodile Dundee-esque moment when some street punk pulls a switchblade on him and he goes, "That's not a knife, this is a knife." and proceeds to pull out a dagger that then turns into a sword, while he in turn transforms into his lycan form and makes the punk pass the contents of his bladder into his tight leather pants.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
TechnoGothic
Knight

Says the words to activate the weapon.
Big Flashy Lights and the sound of a Lion's Roar
Now stands the Lycan holding the sword ready to fight.

:lol: Not sure if their will be theme music yet :lol:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

TechnoGothic wrote:Says the words to activate the weapon.

Lol, this actually almost sounds to me like the White Lion-Zord from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. (My son is a Power Rangers FANATIC). Holds up the dagger and yells "It's Morphin Time!"
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

TechnoGothic wrote:Says the words to activate the weapon.

There has to be...

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
TechnoGothic
Knight

:lol:

alot of stuff

:lol:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Nicely done TechnoGothic :ok:
The Dragon Has Spoken
TechnoGothic
Knight

Thanks Snake Eyes ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

AHA, so this is the white lion thread!

TechnoGothic wrote:Holy Weapon
I like this idea too. That it made to be a Holy weapon also. I gave it the ability to Turn 6d6 Dead-Undead 1-80% for 2d4 Hours. I debated about giving it the the Bread & Milk ability, but decided against it. Though it would be useful. Then i remembered, this is a LYCAN, a Predator.
"1" more Power down.

Even Lionesses lactate..... :D
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”