NEXUS Navigator no longer?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vinny
Adventurer

NEXUS Navigator no longer?

Unread post by Vinny »

I regret to inform everyone that I will no longer be working on the NEXUS Navigator. Instead...I will be working on the Navigator. Yes, I'm still working on this bloody thing. Working hard on getting templates done the format finished. Currently I am working on entering in some skills.

For those of you who don't know...the Navigator has been a project that I've been thinking about for some time and a one that I have yet to complete...many setbacks of occurred preventing me from gaining ground. What the Navigator is is an online, searchable index of the material produced for the Megaverse. The first game to be added will be Rifts, followed by Palladium Fantasy and then others to follow. It is built on Mediawiki (the same software that Wikipedia is built on) and is structured very similar to Wikipedia.

My first goal is to get all the skills, spells, psionics, O.C.C.s, R.C.C.s, N.P.C.s, vehicles, weapons, and equipment entered in from each book. Then more detailed information will be added later such as geography, key events, rules.

What the Navigator is and index listing books and page numbers where you will find the information.
What the Navigator is not is a way for you to get the information you need without having the book. While a skill may mention you get a bonus to other skills, it will not tell you how much that bonus is. That information you will have to look up in addition to base skill and percentage per level. A brief description is provided by more information as to what the skill actually does can be found on the page provided.

The goal is to point users in the correct direction since there are so many skills, spells, character classes, etc. scattered over many books. The Navigator, provides quick access to where such information can be found.

So....the NEXUS Navigator is now just the Navigator and it is still being worked on. There is a possibility that once I get the all the skills entered, that I'll make the site live. Currently the site is hosted offline on my computer using XAMPP. I'm pretty sure that I will not be making it an open-edited site but my invite some people to help with the additions, editing and maintaining the site.

Would love to hear any questions, suggestions, or ideas that anyone has.
The Phoenix is Coming!

Return to “G.M.s Forum”