The "How too's" of dealing with MD/C in HU...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

The "How too's" of dealing with MD/C in HU...

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Based on THIS THREAD.

So you're GM is one of Those Logical kinds of ST/GM/DM's that felt the rules surrounding MD/C were absolutely rediculous and have allowed MD on (Very rare) occasion, often in the form of Transdimensional or temporal travelers, but every once in a while form advanced Alien or human tech.

GOOD FOR YOU!

Now, as a player, how do you overcome it?-And feel free to chime in with Your best and most Awesome/Crazy/Logical/or even Munchkinistic means that you can or have invented.
Let Slip the Balls a rolling!
____________________________________CHEMICAL_____________________________
►Plenty of powers exist that can Absorb or are just flat out impervious to MD energy attacks. A few Powers also exist which are able to hault or lessen MD kinetic attacks.
"Impervious to" are a great start, but many "Impervious to" powers are forgotten when dealing with MD attacks, mostly cuz those attacks may be Non-Standard in nature. Example, a bunch of you players are facing off against an Mad Scientist who's developed an MD Acid canon based on a certain aspect of a space being/monsters physiology he came across in his travels through space (It ate my crew but, I survived... My parents said that monsters didn't exist but, they lied :( ).
It destroys Organic flesh in milli-seconds time [1D4X100 per 3second/attack, for 1D4 Melees] and even harms those with Invulnerablity [1d4X10 per attack]
But the kind doctor never got it to work sooo well vs. Inorganic matter [1D4 per attack]!
Many powers are perfect against this attack.
☺Force Fields are Not matter Period and likely will just see that MD attack run off of the field like anyother liquid would.
☻Many APS powers make their weilders Perfectly unharmed by the attack. APS: Metal, Stone, and Ice. APS Fire is also great. APS: Acid may affored Some level of protection. APS:Copy (which I generally consider Patheticly weak as written) is Perfectly capable of allowing you to turn the tables on your attacker. APS: Crystal or Glass may be Completely immune since many such crystals are resistant to acids in realy life.
☺Gravity Manipulation can cause said Acid from said acid gun, to be draw to the ground before reaching you.
☻Reacting Quickly Enough one Could use "Transmutation" to simply convert that acid into water, or Glue that can Gum Up the gun.
☺The Portal power can send it flying back at the opponenet.
☻Distort Space can increase the distance between You and your attacker, well beyond the weapons range.
☺ME: Powers are great as well as you Could create temporary sheilds of Crystal, Metal, or Stone.
☻Depending on how you work "Intangiblity" (another poorly and often very Paradoxically written power) you May or may Not be immune/resistant to such an attack.
___________________________________________ENERGY______________________________________
Again, lots of powers (A Heck of allot) are immune to energy attacks.
☺APS: Fire is immune to Plasma (as is APS Plasma) attacks, which many advanced races, like the Coalition States, use in bundles.
☻APS: Light is immune to MD Lasers. APS: Electricity is resistant to ionic attacks.
☺Bend Light: can send many Laser attacks (MD or otherwise) dangeriously right back at the attacker AND without that attacker getting a dodge!
☻Using Distort Space at Just the right angle MAY (gm willing) allow you to Redirect energy atacks.
☺Amoung the most Dangerious powers in the books (as I have demonstrated in other threads) is Energy Conversion, which can completely Nullify any and ALL energy attacks.
☻HU has Plenty of access to magics and psionics as well which could be useful.
After all, you have MD Super weapons but, who cares if you can be Mentally Raped to turn said weapon on yourself? Or CONVINCED that "You got us man, you killed us all, look at the ground, we're all dead, you may as well put your gun down as you've won and that gun is Aweful heavy, isn't it?" via use of Hypnosis!
And NO amount of Damage you could inflict (Mega Or even Giga Damage) will harm you if you are in a Sanctum spell zone.
And what about the Spells, House of Glass Or Swap? Take about turning the tables.
☺Absorb & Redirect Energy: Will Not only make you immune to MD energy attacks but, It also lets you fire it Right Back at the opponent... AND at 200% damage!!! Now they'reNot the only one with MD blasts?

_______________________________________KINETIC___________________________________________
☺Control Elemental Force (CEF): TIME, Control Kinetic Energy, and Magnetism are All very good at dealing with MD kinetic tech. BUT what about when you're facing a powerful enough Gravity Gun? BAMBO, you can easily jam it with Gravity Manipulation.
☻Dozens of powers are simply immune to Kinetic attacks (even MDC ones) like Invulnerability (Major), Impervious to Highspeed Attacks (A Minor!!!), Hyperdensity (another minor), and Intangibility (major) to name but a few well known ones. Negative Matter (The Thrid Power that makes no sence as written, and thus I hate) can slow or stop such attacks.
☺TK like powers can be used to Pull weapons off target before they fire.
☻Distort space can be use to Kill your aim and even add allota distance between you and your attackers.
☺Friction Control.
☻TRANSMUTATION! If your opponent is walking around in MDC armor as well as using MD blasts, maybe You as well can figure out How to turn Local matter into MDC sheilding.

_____________________________________KE: MELEE________________________________________________
☺Again, Distort Space!
☻Slicking the Ground! Can't fight when you can't stand!
☺Intangible, Invulnerable, APS Water, APS: Gas... Etc.
______________________________________KE:SONIC_______________________________________________
☺Many powers can take down MD Sonic weapons as well. Silence spells will make Sonic sound attacks do nothing at all.
☻Control Sound (Minor power) can turn such attacks into a mere Lions roar or, return it to it's point of origin.
☺CEF: Air, you have probablely never realized it untill now but, you Should (logically) be able to control and generate sounds yourself... After all, you completely control the very medium which Sound travels through!
☻Transmutation used against an opponent armed with an MD-Vibro Blade lets you turn it into: Plastic, Ribber, Cheese, Butter, Chocolate, Water, or even into air!

_______________________________________TAKE DOWN____________________________________________
►Taking down MDC armored techs is Far easier than many people think.
☺Knock Back attack doesn't care that you are MDC.
☻MDC armored does NOT mean super strength and, you can Just as easily held down as most others. Elongation can Rope you, Super PS can hold you as normal, and Carpet Of Adheasion works in Rifts as well as it does in HU.
☺Blinding a 'Glitter Boy' with Tar from your APS: Tar body humbles even the Almighty Chromium Guardsmen!
☻Telemechanics will allow you to shut down many Power Armors that are not ready for it.
☺I successfully used The Spell "Phobia" in Rifts against a GB (Even through the armor the spell worked, Big story why and how)... When the GM asked what phobia I was inflicting on him, I said "Clausterphobia"! He jumped out of that PA so fast... Of course the rules regarding magic & psionics vs. armor has changed since then and that will likely not be allowed in your game but, in the case of thoughs in armor with a see-through to the poilots head, it works fine.
CEF: Earth will let you Sink an MDC mech into the ground and hold it there.
☻Both Gravity Control And Magnetism can be used to hurle TONS of near-by debris at an MDC armored super tech opponent. Not only will that Do massive amounts of MD levels of damage (Even in a Strictly sdc setting this is true), but it can cover Said opponent in Hundreds of tons of matter that even he/she/it may not be able to escape from!
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Re: The "How too's" of dealing with MD/C in HU...

BEST TAKE DOWN GOES TO...
Nekira!
For her Combo use of Hyperdensity + APS: Water!
This super morphic abillity lets you completely cover your opponents in your own body and then make that suffocating liquid Invulnable and unmoving for one Minute Plus+!
Not even a Glitter Boy could stop this attack.

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Steeler49er wrote:BEST TAKE DOWN GOES TO...
Nekira!
For her Combo use of Hyperdensity + APS: Water!
This super morphic abillity lets you completely cover your opponents in your own body and then make that suffocating liquid Invulnable and unmoving for one Minute Plus+!
Not even a Glitter Boy could stop this attack.

You don't even need a combo to stop this. Read the description for APS Sand again. You can completely cover your opponent, smothering him and not allowing him to breathe, with the burying attack. Without reprinting the entire thing here, it basically allows you to cover your opponent completely and, unless they can get out inside 3 minutes, they suffocate to death. And the only way to remove themselves (getting only half their melee attacks per round, no less), is if they are super fast, have a digging ability, or have supernatural PS. If not, they are stuck.
Steeler49er
Hero

(weclome to the discussion (Which I put up for the fun of it) Severus Snape, glad to see ya.
You're First post is about APS: Sand I see. Good power.

APS: Sand Is a good choice to be sure when taking down those not wearing Full enviro-gear, BUT as in referance to my above posting, "The Nekira Combo-Manuver" (or NCM fer short) would in fact be viable, were as APS: Sand would do nothing at all to harm the Paticular target of my NCM statement. See the Glitter Boy is a fully enclosed power armored system. Therefore my above statement holds true.

Taking down MD/C opponents is Not expected to be easy but, it need not be considered always an impossible task either. In fact, you can get Non-Powered Techies (Gizmoteers) to come up with 110 ways to take down MD/C threats. And let's face it, the US army already uses MDC damage dealing arms on the battle field and has for generations so, getting Them involved, even a GB's days are numbered. Now an Ulti-Max may have some better survivablity what with their regenerating force field and all.

Still, I am glad to see you chime in with the values of APS: Sand, it Is after all a VERY useful power vs. MD tech opponents. The sand storm ability will completely blind all known sensors of 99% of known MD tech races. It blinds Thermal Infared, UV (Science Factoid: Sand is Paticularly absorbant of UV), All known colors of Visible EMS, Radar, and even sonar (and due to the high whipping wind, this includes hearing with Normal sound to navigate). Short of using some advanced ancibal tech in concert with Satalite to Ground Telem, you're completely Blinded by APS: Sands' sand storm technique'.
And Blind Is very bad in combat!

More over APS: Sand can make you immune to may MD level attacks, thus allowing you to "Completely hamper a GB's effectiveness. Other MDC opponents are equally hampered.

Keep em coming

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”