Fan Races!!

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DracoMagus
Explorer

Re: Fan Races!!

Unread post by DracoMagus »

now are they common finches or galapagos finches? The second type feed on blood from another sort of animal on the island their found on (don't remember exact details).

On another note, I think I may have another race to go with the Durel, their called the Imari. Their a race of human-like psionics. I'll have a write up as soon as I can get the details down worked out enough to write them down.
Remember kids, if speed were everything jackrabbits would Rule the World!!!!

All Hail the Death Metal Rooster!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM
DracoMagus
Explorer

DracoMagus wrote:now are they common finches or galapagos finches? The second type feed on blood from another sort of animal on the island their found on (don't remember exact details).

On another note, I think I may have another race to go with the Durel, their called the Imari. Their a race of human-like psionics. I'll have a write up as soon as I can get the details down worked out enough to write them down.

EDIT: Deleted because I'm posting a more complete version further down the thread. :D
Last edited by DracoMagus on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

DracoMagus
Explorer

duck-foot wrote:
DracoMagus wrote:now are they common finches or galapagos finches? The second type feed on blood from another sort of animal on the island their found on (don't remember exact details).

blood sucking, defiently blood sucking... if they dont kill you, they can always drain your bank account.

:lol: Niiice, I wonder how such a thing would get stated up (if you were gonna actually run with it).

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

DracoMagus wrote:

Imari

OK, I know this is incomplete but I figured I would get at least a framework goin on that I could hang the rest from as I got it worked out.

Yep, I'll reserve comment until I see the fluff and see how it relates to the stats. :-)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DracoMagus
Explorer

taalismn wrote:
DracoMagus wrote:

Imari

OK, I know this is incomplete but I figured I would get at least a framework goin on that I could hang the rest from as I got it worked out.

Yep, I'll reserve comment until I see the fluff and see how it relates to the stats. :-)

kew kewl...

Don't ask me why but it seems I haven't been into creating all that much lately. Part of it is because I have an idea churning in my head for an alternate Rifts world... But I'm having a hard time even sitting down to start that.

EDIT: I'll be reposting this material in a more complete manner further down the thread.
Last edited by DracoMagus on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn
Priest

Good start! You are now on your way to building your own minion legions!
Make sure you left yourself a backdoor, so when and if you have to, you can call on the services and servitude of your created peoples. It really sucks to show up, declare yourself the creator-god of your race(s), and have them ignore you.
Of course, now that you've created a race, you can expect other people's minions to trade with, ignore, or seek to conquer, your new people. They may even forget you, ignore you, or openly rebel against you.
But hey, that's parenthood/godhood!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DracoMagus
Explorer

taalismn wrote:Good start! You are now on your way to building your own minion legions!
Make sure you left yourself a backdoor, so when and if you have to, you can call on the services and servitude of your created peoples. It really sucks to show up, declare yourself the creator-god of your race(s), and have them ignore you.
Of course, now that you've created a race, you can expect other people's minions to trade with, ignore, or seek to conquer, your new people. They may even forget you, ignore you, or openly rebel against you.

:lol: Too funny.

On another note, how does Psi-Tech powered armor sound as a concept? (I'm thinking Psionic flavored Techno Wizardry ala Psyscape...)

Mind you, I'll likely be going over these ideas again and reposting them. I consider them to be raw, so I guys I'm serving up plain sashimi. I'll see what I can do in the, hopefully, near future about making this into a full blown sushi combo lol.

taalismn
Priest

DracoMagus wrote:
taalismn wrote:Good start! You are now on your way to building your own minion legions!

:lol: Too funny.

On another note, how does Psi-Tech powered armor sound as a concept? (I'm thinking Psionic flavored Techno Wizardry ala Psyscape...)

Not a problem...when you consider that Beyond the Supernatural and MIndscape have a Psi-Mechanic OCC, and that many TW creations have an ISP cost for use/activation(generally TWICE that of the needed amount of PPE), Psi-power armor isn't at all farfetched.

Mind you, I'll likely be going over these ideas again and reposting them. I consider them to be raw, so I guys I'm serving up plain sashimi. I'll see what I can do in the, hopefully, near future about making this into a full blown sushi combo lol.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DracoMagus
Explorer

duck-foot wrote:
DracoMagus wrote:
duck-foot wrote:

blood sucking, defiently blood sucking... if they dont kill you, they can always drain your bank account.

:lol: Niiice, I wonder how such a thing would get stated up (if you were gonna actually run with it).

probibly a middle class finch that lives on a back water world and she hates life, so she pesters others to death. i nab her (putting a sock in her mouth, as i dont want to die) and clone her.

O_o Wow.... I'm just note sure what to say to that. :lol:

taalismn
Priest

Neither do I..I'm still trying to mentally process that...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Well guys, its only been what, a year and a half since my last post here? Well, between work and school, my muse has been pretty-much drowned out lately, but I’ve been slacking off on the important things for too long. Taking a leaf out of Taalisman’s book, I’ve got the beginnings of another galactic republic here, and will be posting members just as quickly as I can get them finished. Hope you all enjoy. (Warning, these guys are rather powerful, just FYI)

Iron Orcs

Recent additions to the Megaverse are a group of man-made Mega Damage beings, who look rather like orcs, from another dimension plopped down into the Phaseworld setting. They claim that they are the result of the Coming of the Rifts in their world; that they had been engineered as superior soldiers, workers, and farmers in the old United States before the cataclysm (instead of/or alongside of the Psi-Hounds). With the lesser but still massive influx of P.P.E. (the trigger was slightly off in their world, meaning the opening of the Rifts wasn’t as uber-devastating as ‘our’ Rifts Earth), they became even bigger, stronger, and more dangerous, but still devoted to the ideals put forward by their human creators; protect the weak, stop the spread of evil, ensure the sanctity of the family, and drive the light of environmentalism forward. They may have lapsed somewhat recently (especially in that last directive), but they do try, and are still mighty warriors; more importantly, they possess strength and tech enough that nobody is in too much of a hurry to call them out on it.

Allegedly, right after the Coming of the Rifts Splyncryth came into US soil and destroyed most of the American military and government within a week of brutal fighting and slaughter. The Iron Orcs (they refuse to give out another name and answer only to this) fought a prolonged guerilla war for a couple centuries, before finally convincing the old Splugorth that the US wasn’t worth the trouble, and he left. The problem was, the Iron Orcs were essentially the only people left in the US who had any industry and economy left, and the constant wars had either killed off the people or their manufacturing abilities. Somewhat at a loss as what to do, for their training and life experiences hadn’t lead prepared them for this, they slowly began to set things in order in their camp, the entire United States. They had limited production facilities, barracks, and birthing chambers in areas secreted around the US, but they didn’t have enough to even begin to start on the re-forging of the shattered landscape.

Assistance came in the form of visitors from the stars, a ship that had been shot down by the defense network in orbit, and crashed in the ruins of Washington D.C., where the Iron Orcs were establishing their base of power. The IO chose that spot for several reasons, they had many battles there (including the one that convinced the Splugorth to vamoose), the sense of history, and the largest underground base, and were able to mount a scouting/rescue/war party within minutes. To their surprise, they found their first friendly non-human visitors, the crystalline beings known as…well something unpronounceable to fleshy, organic beings, but dubbed the Sparkle Mages by the IO. The Sparkle Mages were on an expedition of exploration when they were attacked by the orbital defenses and forced to crash land, and wanted answers please. After sitting down and explaining the best they could, the IO didn’t have all the answers and were forced to use extrapolation and guesswork in some areas, they offered their apologies and assistance in sending the Sparkle Mages off. They had the location of another underground base that had an Artificial Intelligence that was supposed to have orbital communications and contact with the moon base, but it would be one heck of a trip.

The Sparkle Mages, around 10,000 of them, deliberated on that for several days while the IO gathered their supplies and weapons, and finally decided to send some of their own along as emissaries to this ‘Archie the Third’. The trip was several long, grueling weeks, and they finally got to the sight, and accessed the complex. They found Archie III, who had been observing the IO’s and Sparkle Mages trip across the US landscape, as well as the IO’s fight against the Splugorth. He offered his sincere apologies to the Sparkle Mages, saying that his ‘dumb brother’ was acting on the orders from the long dead US military to shoot down any entering ships as invaders. He was willing to accept partial responsibility for their stranding on Earth (for he had seen that they were not Splugorth design but had been unable to convince him not to fire), and wished to help them in exchange for help with his production facilities. He had suffered severe damage in the Coming of the Rifts, and his facilities were currently inoperative, and even if they weren’t, he had no materials to build anything with. In exchange for a promise to turn off the defense grid (or at least a portion big enough to leave through), Archie would assist the IO and Sparkle Mages in repairing the ship and rebuilding America.

For the next hundred years or so (the Sparkle Mages decided to stay for a while and explore this fascinating land), Iron Orcs worked with Sparkle Mages, Archie bots, rescued humans, and freed Splugorth slave stock to rebuild the Greatest Nation in the World. This new order, while still dangerous in the extreme and abundant with alien creatures, was far gentler to its inhabitants than the one with the Coalition States. For one thing, the Sparkle Mages showed the people that magic and psychic powers weren’t to be feared, the Iron Orcs had already demonstrated a willingness to die to protect humanity, and they had a powerful AI with all the knowledge of the Time Before to help guide them. The Vampire menace never managed to get a foothold in US soil, the Sparkle Mages and Iron Orcs drove them off into South America or killed them, and many other dangerous beings were either killed off or driven away, and friendly beings were allowed to join up. In many ways, they have become an Anti-Atlantis, dozens if not hundreds of alien races working together for a better world. They even managed to get an alliance with the True Atlanteans when they returned to their ancestral home! Between the tech they already had, Archie’s not insignificant contributions, the Sparkle Mages bringing their gifts to the table, the True Atlanteans, and those they encountered on their exploratory missions, they are a force to be reckoned with.

The Sparkle Mages now had several generations living on Rifts Earth, and they wanted to stay, but a goodly number were amenable to leaving and upholding the mission of the original group; to travel the stars and seek out new peoples, and return with the information to the home world. They had definitely done the first (maybe more so than they had intended!), and were willing to attempt the second. Unfortunately, the Sparkle Mages have horrible luck with travel since encountering Earth. Once they and their allies got the US and Canada sorted out, the Sparkle Mages looked once more to the stars. Their ship had not only been repaired and upgraded, they had several dozen more! Archie was fascinated by the concept of magic, and while unable to learn it himself, he was able to help them with the production of their ships, their armaments, and their security. The Iron Orcs sent a sizable delegation along with the Sparkle Mages (Creators Note: As well as some of their other allies, feel free to sprinkle in whoever you wish to use) as protection, and a sense of general wanderlust (they had gotten used to moving and constantly seeing new things, and wanted more). Once they left Earth’s gravity well, they were once again set upon, this time by the alien invaders (the ones the Inca’s or whoever set up those giant drawings to protect themselves from), and their Rift-Gate Engines were damaged, throwing them to a random world and dimension. They were inside the Jesh'Krve sphere of protection, and the Jesh wanted answers about who they were and what they were doing there. Explanations took a while, with questions about the Coalition States, and Tolkien all that, which the IO and Sparkle Mages had no knowledge of.

Finally, everything got straightened out, and the IO and their allies were allowed to colonize and use the worlds on the rim of Jesh'Krve controlled space (pretty much acting as a living buffer zone against the ‘evil Naruni and their pawns’). They would have left for their home, but the damage to their Rift-Gate Engines also wiped the co-ordinates for their home world; they were left them not precisely stranded, but without any idea where they were or how to get home. Until they can figure out how to get home, the IO and Sparkle Mages are comfortable enough right where they are, and are making the best of the situation they find themselves in. In the 350 years since their dramatic entrance to Phaseworld, they have as a whole shown themselves to be a strong force for justice and law, and are slowly but steadily spreading out amongst the stars. Several of them have left to pursue jobs as mercenaries and other careers, and even work alongside Cosmo-Knights on occasion (a dozen have been offered the honor of joining those noble ranks, but all have so far turned it down, citing other duties that take precedence), and are slowly spreading their reputation out amongst the stars.

Appearance: Large humanoids, each is between 8 and 10 feet tall, and rippling with slabs of worming-man muscle (the ugly kind, not the pump-iron-to-look-good kind) over prominent bone. Tend to have long stringy black hair, typically either braided or in a top-knot, and wild, bushy facial hair. Their skin is usually a deep jade (or other shade of dark green), where it is visible, usually covered in armor or clothing. Eyes run the normal human gamut, but with a vaguely Asiatic cast, and snake-style pupils. They have sharp looking teeth, and a pair of large canines on their lower jaw (not enough to be called tusks, but fangs would be an apt description). Weight is usually between 4 and 500 pounds, plus their weapons, armor, and gear.
Disposition: Pretty open minded, all things considered. They enjoy meeting new peoples and places, but have definite ideas on what is and is not allowed. They also are, um, rather straight to the point and rather bloodthirsty in battle. In the one attempt Naruni made at stealing some of their tech, the Iron Orcs gave them an ultimatum of returning the items or Else. The Else was chosen, and the Iron Orcs dropped a freaking moon on the Naruni lab/factory, killing everyone inside and destroying what they had been sent to retrieve. They’ve been described by those on the wrong side of a fight as ‘cheerfully psychotic,’ and ‘manically cheerful’ by those meeting them in better conditions. Very happy and cheerful, and try to get others to see the bright side in anything, but are willing to meet their fist with your face if you cross them.

Lifespan: Roughly 200-250 years, due to the high level of medicine they have and the extreme level of fitness they maintain. Can be born in ‘vats/artificial wombs’ or naturally, no discernable difference in size or stats between males and females, and no social difference either. They can have children as young as 10, but most wait until their late teens-early twenties before having kids. Tend to have litters of 2-6 'pups' at once (females are excused from combat duties while preganant). They have strong family ties, and any orphans are always placed in good loving homes, there are no children abandoned and unloved among the IO. They will even rise in defense of their friends families, or those of complete strangers, so use caution.

Stats: (Note: Strength is supernatural, and P.E. is superhuman)
P.S.: 3d6+10
P.P.: 3d6+5
P.E.: 3d6+3
P.B.: 3d6
I.Q.: 3d6 (often pretend to be less, acting as ‘dumb barbarians/muscle’ to put people off their guard)
M.A.: 3d6
M.E.: 3d6
Speed: 4d6 (in mph)
H.P.: Determine as normal +10
S.D.C.: Determine as normal, add 50
Armor Class: 14 (thick skin over tough muscle and hard bone)
M.D.C.: Add hit points and SDC
P.P.E./I.S.P.: Normal per the character class.

Powers: Two Minor Abilities: Energy Shield, and Immune to Control and Possession OR one EE power of choice.
Two Majors: Weight Manipulation (or Antigravity Field), and Power Touch (the power that lets you fix/heal things by touching them)
Natural Abilities: Smell and hearing is roughly 2.5/3 times better than humans, and possess night vision up 100 feet in darkness.

Potential O.C.C.’s: Any, though they tend to stick to the Men-At-Arms professions, with roughly 25-30% having magic or psychic potential and able to choose any from those. The mages have a high level of earth and fire warlocks, and a plethora of master psychics, making not only technically inclined, but magically as well; they have the advantages of both, and none of their weaknesses. They are sending out for teachers in other schools of magic, and where the teachers won’t come, they go to them, to maximize their potential. There are even a (very) few necromancers, who raise the dead to tend crops, carry messages between domes on atmosphere less moons, and so forth.

Bionics/Cybernetics: They have a wide selection available, even though they usually don’t use them, just in the off chance they need one, or one of the human/oids they brought with them might want/need them. Most tend to avoid bionic/cybernetic conversion, though they will get a few minor implants (vision/sensors, or a minor weapon).

Tech Level: Towards the top-middle and low-high end of galactic standard, with the majority focus of their advancements on contra-gravity generation and suppression systems (how they were able to ‘discipline’ the Naruni that invaded their system) and power-armor/weapons systems.
Their Power Armor is essentially anything the CS started out with (plus knowledge of the Glitter Boy), as well as anything that Archie had, and scaled up to fit their massive frames (adding another 2 feet to their already imposing heights) to boot! Give all the power armor intended for Iron Orcs an additional 15% M.D.C., and swap out any laser for particle-beam weaponry. Most of their armor has small contra-gravity devices on them, allowing them to move almost unencumbered with it on, making them even more frightening on the battlefield. They have made great strides in energy weapons, so take the range for their particle-beam weaponry (their favorite) and exchange it for an identical ion weapon. Unlike their contemporary CS, they had recognized the deficiencies of their Glitter Boys (and other PA) and gave them the Forearm Integrated Weapon Systems from the get-go, greatly enhancing their survival rate. Now that they are in the 3G and Phaseworld, they have begun to gather new designs and types, and are field testing them to see if they are worth incorporating into the army.
Culture: Supporters of ‘the American Dream’ as envisioned by their creators, and they try to press that system upon those they meet (though not too hard, it is after all, a choice). They have elections, debates, and formal hearings and courts to handle everything, as well as a very capable military force.

Relationships with others: Splugorth: Seen with hatred, tempered with a strong lust to kill them and their minions. Iron Orcs will take any reasonable steps to kill them without needlessly endangering their own. They spent a long time fighting off ONE invasion by these guys, they don’t want to have to do it again, on turf that’s not theirs.
Naruni: Contemptuous of them and their business ethics. They are widely considered to be cowards who make money off of the dead, never dealt with unless there’s no other choice. They are very friendly with the Hartigal Combine, ironically enough, and buy plenty of their wares.
Cosmo-Knights: On good speaking terms with many of them, and willing to lend a hand wherever it is needed (often times without even being asked). They think the CK’s are gallant and noble, but have no desire at this time to join their ranks, wanting to establish their control over their planets more firmly first.

Population: At the moment, they are at roughly 1.5 billion Iron Orcs, spread out on two planets and half a dozen moons, but they have massive stores of frozen genetic material, and are about to go into a massive expansion campaign, which will at least quadruple their population, and most likely net them several more planets and moons.

If you aren't using cannon powers, feel free to give them my:
Anti-Gravity Flight [Major] by Roscoe Del'Tane
"Why is the world upside down?"

The character can generate an anti-gravity field around himself, allowing not only flight, but carrying power.

1)Flight: When their anti-gravity field is up, the character can float/fly at a speed equal to roughly 10 times their running speed per level. They have a max altitude limit of roughly 2,000 feet, but at level 10 they can actually leave the atmosphere of an Earth standard gravity planet (not recommended unless in evironmental armor, as they will be exposed to a hard vaccum and will most likely die). In regards to the character, their gravity will be 'normal' while in flight, so they can hang upside down, at an angle, etc. and not suffer any penalties from blood rushing to their head and whatnot. This form of locomotion is so natural to them, they sometimes float in their sleep, or unconsciously.

2) Negation field: Instead of flight, the character can lift roughly ten times their normal weight limit by negating the weight of their target. The target must fit entirely within a 15 foot sphere to be able to be effected. While the weight is effectively negated, the mass and momentum are not, so care will have to be taken when moving things like boulders or cars so you don't damage them (or other things); the damage inflicted upon both objects is still the same as if the field was not in place.
Using the N-Field uses two of the characters actions while it is in effect, and it has to be the first action of the melee round; if the character wants to stop using it, they have to announce it at the end of their turn, or it continues. If they are attacked, it has a 45% chance of negating the field, and if they have to make saves vs. anything, the field fails, and if they are rendered unconscious the field fails. They can move, but only at one quarter their normal speed, and if they are carried/pulled along any faster than that, and they will drop their load. If they using this power on their armor/weaponry, they can travel at full speed, with no penalties for their armor unless sneaking,

3) Odds and Ends: Character has an affinity for AG fields, can sense them up to 200 feet away per level, with an 85% proficiency (+2% per level).
Character is never air-sick, nor car-sick.
If taken into a low/Zero G environment, they will fight as if they had the Basic Zero-G Combat training.
Also, if in a low/zero gravity area, instead of the N-Field, they can impose one gravity on the same 15 foot area, with the penalties that are described above. In high gravity areas they can impose normal gravity through the same process.
Last edited by Roscoe Del'Tane on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Roscoe Del'Tane, a title line would of been nice at the top. To have the Title Line in Bold would of been better.
As it is, you only find the name of the race in the middle of the post.
Even then, bolding the name would of countered any annoyance for it being in the middle of the post, by making it stand out from the rest of the post.

Real vampires don't sparkle. <--- humm has nothing to do with the post except for the word "sparkle". :D
*wonders if sparkle mages turned into vamps, sparkle*
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

I like! More cannon fodder! More mayhem! More conflict!
True, they're Munchkiny, but hey, every Creator should have at least one Munchkin Clan at their beck and call....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

duck-foot wrote:iron orcs... now why did i never think of that

I had them on back burner for a while, and never got around to posting them. They were origonally going to be cyborgs, but I couldn't figure out a way for them to retain their SNPS, so I just went with genetic manipulation angle, made them counterparts to the Dog Boys, and allies of Archie.

Believe it or not, I actually nerfed their power and strength a whole lot, they were going to be along the lines of the Cosmo-Knight in terms of abilities, and I toned them waaaay back (at elast, I think I did). The whole 'dropping the Moon on the Naruni' was something I've wanted to do for a while, and thought the IO were a type of people (as a group) to that. What the Naruni don't know, is that was pretty much a one time deal. The IO took the Rift-Gate Engine from one of their crippled ships, and used it to power a massive Contra-Gravity engine, pulling the moon down onto the planet. I wanted a way for the IO to demonstrate their willingness to kill, show massive Badd@ssery at the same time (without being able to pull it off again), and moving celestial bodies around in a detrimental fashion seemed a great way to do that. There's not much that could survive having a moon dropped on them, and most of them would be inconvenienced enough to allow the offending party a decent head start. Hope you all enjoyed them, more on the Sparkle Mages in the next day or two.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

Well...stands to reason....given the breeding rate and toughness of orcs, why should Humans be the most widely-dispersed and mutable species in the megaverse?
We need more Orc variants/septs!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Sorry, DuckFoot; been taking advantage of good weather to TRY getting back into physical shape...a winter of being a keyboard potato rendered me in HORRIBLE physical shape...gotta get my endurance back...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Boktor
“But the pool donors are already maxing out! We’re rotating them as fast as we can, but their nervous systems aren’t regenerating as quickly as we’d hoped with the new drug regimens-”
“I don’t care HOW you acquire more lashyar, but I MUST have four hundred more units by no later than D’lesh-kapor! The Intersystem Congress is convening, and we MUST have all operatives at full strength for it! If not, then I will be the laughingstock of the Congress and our clan will be disgraced! And your head will be among those that roll for it!”

The Boktor are a race of humanoids who inhabit a cluster of worlds deep in the Thundercloud Galaxy. They are the products of typical proto-simian evolution and development, arsing through their own periods of warfare and civilization building, to ultimately begin travelling out into space. They have arrived late to the mainstream cultures in their area, already finding regions of space near their homeworld colonized by Human septs. Nevertheless, after some disappointment and cultural adjustment, the Boktor have begun carving out a small domain of colonies(currently about five).
The Boktor would normally be of little interest to most mainstream Galactic cultures; their technology is nothing remarkable, their worlds aren’t strategically positioned near anything of importance save a few trade lanes, and the majority of their people would just as soon be left alone. Unfortunately, the Boktor ruling elite have discovered that, properly stimulated, the human body produces a number of interesting chemicals(known collectively as ‘Lashyar’) that are both addictive and promote psionic abilities in Boktor. Done correctly, the extraction process doesn’t kill the human donor, but it does render the victim comatose and near-mindless, and while a living donor can be ‘milked’ for a period of time, both the quantity and quality of the harvested chemicals declines until it becomes a mere trickle for the effort needed to keep the donor alive. The increasing demand for Lashyar is quickly outstripping what can be produced by the available stocks of captive donors, and no viable synthetic substitute has been found.
This has led to a rampant black market demand for the brain-chemicals among the elite and wealthy of Boktoran society, which has led to increased criminal activity on the part of the Boktoran scientists who supply the stuff. Because Lashyar cannot be simply synthesized, Boktoran syndicates are increasingly turning to dealing with slavers to supply the human donors necessary to create the stuff. The Boktor druggists in particular value healthy humans, to a lesser extent Ogres, Dwarves, and Elves, and have placed prizes on the obtaining of Tiorans, Atlanteans, and Altess as sources of the psi-drugs.
Worse yet, the drug addiction is filtering down to the lower echelons of Boktor society. Seeing the immense advantages that psychic Boktorans enjoy, and wanting to emulate them, or at least have some form of self-defense, lower social status Boktor are turning to the criminal element to get the drugs. Lacking the resources to ‘farm’ donors, the criminal rings that are rushing to meet the demand are turning to more expediant measures; piracy and outright kidnapping of humans(and those most like them) and extracting the desired chemicals in ways that prove deadly to the unwilling donors.
The result is that Boktoran society is becoming increasingly one ruled by psychics, in turn fueled by their drug addiction, which is leading them to condone ever greater outrages against those they prey on for the drugs.
Alignments: Any, but the majority of the elites can be considered to Anarchist and Aberrant.
Lifespan: 120 years
Size: 6-6.9 ft, 120-160 lbs
Gender: Heterosexual, giving birth to 1-2 live young after an 18 month gestation period.
Physical Description/Appearance:
Tall, gangly, humanoids with long, thin limbs ending in long five-spatulate-digited hands and feet. The head sits on a thin neck, and is large and bulbous, the eyes large and golden-blank, the nose little more than two holes in the smooth face, the mouth a slit, and the ears small rounded bulges on the lower end. Boktor skin is smooth and pale, ranging between buff-brown and pure white. Female Boktor can be distinguished by a slightly more slender build, larger lower abdomen, and patches of blue-yellow coloration on the neck and around the temples.
Disposition/Attitudes:
Most Boktor would prefer to be left alone, or to their own affairs to make their fortunes. Their society, with its strong emphasis on personal advancement by whatever means, breeds in the Boktor a certain lack of empathy towards others, and the sense of ‘do unto others as they would do unto you, only do it first’. Boktor are fiercely protective of their own families and associations, and they will tend to favor their known friends and allies above all others. As long as a friend is backing them, or of value to them, Boktor will never betray a trust, and will fight for that friend, but if it becomes evident that they’re getting less out of the deal than the other guy, they’ll drop the association without warning or regret. Boktor thus come across as cold, impersonal, and untrusting for the most part.
Physical Attributes:
IQ: 2d6+6
ME: 2d6
MA: 2d6
PS: 3d6
PP: 2d6+13
PB: 2d4
PE: 2d6+4
SPD: 2d6+5
(ISP): By Psionic Class(see below)
(PPE): 2d6
Hit Points: P.E. +1d6 per level of experience
SDC: 30+ OCC and skill bonuses
MDC: By technology or psionics.
Horror Factor:---
Natural Abilities:---
Psionics: Under normal circumstances, Boktor only have a 1%(01) chance of possessing Major Psionics, and 5%(02-06) percent chance of possessing Minor Psionics
Under the effects of Lashyar, Boktor psionic abilities spike; 01-15 Major, 16-65 Minor.
Magic: None; the Boktor have begun looking into magic out of curiousity, but nothing has come of it yet.
Cybernetics/Bionics: Frown on radical augmentation; at best Boktor will get 1d4 minor cybernetic implants
Available OCCs: Any high-tech profession. Few regions in the Boktor worlds have retained(or digressed to) a more primitive state. Boktor CANNOT take any psychic OCC
RCC Skills:----
Skills of Note:-----
Culture:
The Boktor are governed by a ruling oligarchy that evolved from earlier democratic faction. However, the parties became entrenched and eventually true democracy was replaced by political ‘machines’, with a strong culture of graft, that routinely rig elections to place predetermined candidates in office. Despite their public differences, all party factions are essentially identical, with only minor ideological details varying between them.
Psionics are regarded as both a cheat and a necessary evil. When used against them, most Boktor consider psionics to be an unfair advantage, but they will readily acquire similar measures/powers(by inducing them in themselves or hiring psychic talent) to advance their own fortunes or to defend themselves.
The growing Boktoran addiction to psi-drugs has led them to consider relations with the Coloye Dopamen and the Splugorth.
Note:
Lashyar---Lashyar is the most powerful of the drugs created from the brain chemistry and endocrine system of specially prepared human donors. It is a powerful psi-active drug of an order several times more powerful than Psi-Cola(but works only on the Boktor nervous system). Under its influence, Boktor get the same effects as other beings would get from Psi-Cola, only TRIPLE the duration, power, and bonuses. It is also twice as addictive to the Boktor.
Even for those who DON’T exhibit psionic abilities under its influence, Lashyar will make them feel peppy, euphoric, and energized for the duration of the drug.

Gekmal
The Gekmal were at first regarded as a new species; a previously unknown, aggressive, secretive, and elusive race of brigands that have made their presense known in a number of criminal actions. Only recently was DNA evidence recovered, showing that they were in fact Boktor (though suspicious traces of HUMAN DNA were also found in the samples).
The Boktor have denied that they’re behind the Gekmal, but rumors have circulated that the Gekmal are the result of a Boktor supersoldier or genetic augmentation program that went awry, and that the Boktor central governments are doing their damnest to distance themselves from the fiasco.
In reality, the Gekmal are literally born of the growing lashyar problem; Gekmal are mutants born of Boktor women who use lashyar extensively during their pregnancy. While not all pregnancies delivered after lashyar use produce Gekmal (perhaps one in every 5,000), the number is on the increase as more and more Boktor women use the drug, under societal pressures to perform better, or under the impression that lashyar use produces stronger offspring(this seems to be the case, or at least Boktor women suffer less pregnancy discomfort when using lashyar). While it’s still too early to tell if Gekmal can breed true, or breed at all, their numbers are on the rise.
The Boktor frankly don’t know what to do about the Gekmal; despite initially outcries to curb lashyar use, citing the birth of Gekmal-babies as evidence of birth defects, many of the most afluential families(who can afford lashyar) have quietly fought any move to ban lashyard(unless the ban can be applied to their rivals). And, blood being thicker than water, the Boktor ruling families are reluctant to condemn their own kids. Furthermore, for all their apparent differences, the Gekmal are not ill, but are arguably more robust.
Compared to the average Boktor, Gekmal are both throwbacks and mutants, being heavier, more muscular, with more pronounced jaws, longer teeth, and darker skin. The fingers are slimmer and bonier, and develop claw-like fingernails. It is their skin color, however, that really sets them apart; bright green. Red eyes are also prominent in Gekmal.
Other changes include a change in attitude; Gekmal tend to more aggressive and outgoing than the average Boktor. They are also more suspectible to insanity.
In terms of their psychic abilities, Gekmal are either far stronger psionically than their normal Boktor kin, or else they have no psionic abillities at all, and in fact are closed to psionics!
Because of their obvious physical differences, the Gekmal tended to be sent away from the Boktor public eye by their parents, sent to the equivalent of camp, or to learn a profession in a trade like spacing or shipping, where they’d be less likely to appear in public. While this kept them out of the eyes of the Boktor public, it also gave the opportunity to travel abroad, and indulge their aggression against other peoples. This has brought unwelcome attention to the Bokta Sector and to the OTHER deeds the Boktor have been carrying out. The Boktor have managed to reign in most of the Gekmal, curbing their actions and diverting their energies into quieter past-times, like working for the Boktor military, but a few Gekmal haven’t heeded the recall and have hared off into the Three Galaxies on their own to make their own fortunes, often allying themselves with criminal organizations, pirates, and tyrants. Despite their having Human DNA in their blood, Gekmal are even less inclined to treat Humans with any better regard, and may go out of their way to taunt and humiliate humans(and those like them).
Gekmal enjoy the following changes:
Alignment: Most are (75%) Aberrant,
Height: 5-7 ft
Weight: 200-300 lbs(mostly muscle!)
IQ: 2d6+6
ME: 2d6
MA: 2d6
PS: 3d6+16(and considered to be Extraordinary)
PP: 2d6+13
PB: 3d4
PE: 3d6+12
SPD: 3d6+6
(ISP): By Psionic Class
(PPE): 2d4
Hit Points: P.E. +1d6 per level of experience
SDC: 190+ OCC and skill bonuses
Special Abilities:
*Finger Claws---Their sharp nails add +1 to damage from open-hand attacks.
Psionics: 35% of Gekmal are born with MINOR Psionics
About 25% of Gekmal are born with MAJOR psionics
15% of Gekmal are born as MASTER psionics, and they select from one of the Psionic OCCs.
15% of Gekmal are born without ANY psionics, but have the equivalent of a Psionic Dampening effect around them that prevents psionic probes, and damage from psionic-based attacks(Like TK) by HALF(DIRECT Psionic attacks like MindBolt and Psi-Sword do NO damage).
Though Gekmal are born from lashyar abuse, some of them having truly impressive psionic powers as a result, and roughly 75% of them are born with an addiction to the drug, lashyar has NO effect on their powers. Nil. Zilch.
Insanity: 20% of Gekmal develop an insanity of some sort before reaching puberty(roll on Random Insanity chart), and -1 to Save Versus Insanity.
Available OCCs: Any high-tech profession. Few regions in the Boktor worlds have retained(or digressed to) a more primitive state. Unlike normal Boktor , Gekmal CAN select a psychic OCC.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

It's almost Halloween, so I figured I'd necro an old thread and see if there was any life still left in it...

T!lek
“Ma’am, I’m taking your case quite seriously....In fact, I’ve assigned my best detective to tailing your husband...If you must know, my operative’s a T!lek, and they’ve got the best ears around..”

T!lek are native to the twilight world of Tzon, which orbits a red dwarf star. Tzon supports a mature ecology, but due to the low energy output of its primary, evolution took a LONG time to take place on the world. Sentient species evolved rather late on Tzon, as the rate of mutation is decidedly slow; xenobiologists estimate it took eight times as long on Tzon as on Earth to produce the sapient T!lek.
T!lek resemble large wingless bats, though they possess more canine and simian features. They evolved from land-borne hunter-gatherers, laying in wait for prey, before striking from ambush. Their cultural evolution brought them the advantages of pack-hunting to bring down larger prey and share finds of food, and that evolved into tribes and later nations.
Tzon, with its low ambient light and lack of heavy metals, would seem a poor choice of a world to evolve a starfaring species, but T!lek were avid stargazers from the beginnings of their setience. Unfortunately, that same lack of metals would have doomed their efforts to produce any sort of hard-tech civilization. However, Tzon did attract the attention of extradimensional travellers; particularly vampire intelligences, who found the dimly-lit world a perfect place to stop, hide, refresh themselves with a few of the natives, and gather themselves before moving on to more tempting(if dangerously sun-drenched) worlds. The T!lek suffered for centuries under these attacks, but managed to learn something of dimensional travel and magic from observing their visitors. The T!lek were subsequently able to dimensionally rift to other worlds, and, in roundabout way, going through other locations such as Center on Phaseworld, visit other worlds in the Three Galaxies, and from there, acquire resources and technology, including starships, to take to their world through ‘normal’ space.
T!lek have begun venturing out into the megaverse out of a sense of adventure, and out of a sense of concern that they have come on the scene very late in their star’s lifespan. Both T!lek and outside astrophysicists have concluded that Tzon’s home star has ‘only’ another half-million years or so of life left before its energy output drops below levels necessary to maintain a viable ecosphere around it. While that may seem a long ways off, the T!lek are determined to establish their species elsewhere to insure their survival. Many T!lek are moving offworld to try to establish offworld enclaves and colonies for their people, so it isn’t unusual to find T!lek seeking to scout out new real estate and find ways of acquiring land on other planets. They are also large importers of heavy metals, feeding the metal-hungry industries of their homeworld. Many T!lek who seek employment offworld have found roles as watchmen, police(especially night shifts), skiptracers, and (surprisingly) secretaries and profilers, thanks to their great patience and observation skills.
T!lek have a cultural hatred of vampires, and aren’t too well-disposed towards the subterranean Haggarites either(the T!lek regard them as inherently dishonest, despite all the Haggarite bluster about the letter of the law). They would get along well with the Silhouettes, but are disappointed to know that many of the latter have sided with the TGE.
Alignments: Any
Lifespan: 75 years
Size: 4-5 ft tall, 70-100 lbs
Gender: Heterosexual, and produce 1-2 young after an eight-month gestation period.
Physical Description/Appearance:
Small, squat, lightly-built humanoids with short legs, long arms, long spindly fingers, small torsos, and large heads. The nose is squashed-looking and snoutish, over a mouth filled with small sharp teeth, the eyes are large and black, and the head sports two massive directional ears. The body is covered in short, thick, fur. Fur colors vary from light gray to deep rust red.
Their voices are shrill and barking, with many sharp notes and high pitches in it.
Disposition/Attitudes:
Acutely observant; T!lek are good listeners and perceptive watchers, making them good reporters, surveillance experts, and interviewers. They can sit for hours silently and motionlessly, drinking in whatever’s happening around them. They are slow to anger, incredibly patient, and don’t emote much. T!lek have been described as having good ‘poker faces’, as they don’t often fly off the handle or telegraph their true feelings easily.
Physical Attributes:
IQ: 3d6
ME: 3d6+4
MA: 3d6
PS:2d4
PP: 4d6
PB: 2d6
PE: 4d6
SPD: 4d6
(ISP):----
(PPE): 3d6
Hit Points: 25
SDC: 70
MDC:By armor or magic
Horror Factor:-----
Natural Abilities:
*Natural Sonar--300 ft+60 ft per level of experience. No penalties for operating in total darkness, but the T!lek’s own subsonic ranging ‘yeeks!’ may be picked up by beings with enhanced hearing.

*Enhanced Hearing
-Estimate distance of sound source; 60%+5% per level of experience
-Estimate speed and distance of sound source; 50%+5% per level of experience
-Recognize voice or sound; 40%+5% per level of experience
-Bonuses: +1 parry, +2 dodge, +6 on initiative

*Enhanced Sense of Smell(100 ft range; depending on wind direction can be x3 that)
-Track by Scent: 40%+3% per level of experience(-10% in crowded urban environs), Roll every 200 yards
-Recognize by Scent alone: 50%+3% per level of experience
-Recognize Poisons, Toxins, and Chemicals; 50%+4% per level of experience
-Recognize/Identify Specific Odors; 70%+4% per level of experience
-SMELL UNDEAD; DOUBLE range and have a profficiency of 60%+5% per level of experience
-Bonuses: +1 dodge, +1 on initiative

*Acute Sense of Touch---- +12% to skills requiring a precise touch, such as Lock Pockets, Pick Locks.

*Cool Trance----T!lek have learned how to use a combination of instinctual meditation and biofeedback to enter a state of zen-like calm that allows them to sit in one place for hours on end without discomfort. Respiration slows, and the body cools several degrees. The downside of this state is that the T!lek is -2 to initiative and dodge if they have to move suddenly, and is at HALF Speed for 1d4 melees until they rev back up.

*Twilight Worlder---T!lek have trouble seeing in Earth-normal levels of daylight illumination, and require protective goggles, but their night vision is much better, and they see farther into the infrared spectrum(able to see IR beams easily)

Note: T!lek CANNOT be turned into vampires, but vampires CAN draw nourishment from them. Furthermore, while a vampire’s bite cannot turn a T!lek into a vampire, the process CAN turn the unfortunate victim into a mindless slavering rabid berserker. On a failed saving roll(16 or better must be rolled), a T!lek that has fallen victim to a vampire’s transforming bite regresses into a feral mindless monster; -2d6 to IQ, loses all mental-based skills, but +1 attack per melee, +5 to P.S., +6 to Speed, +1 to strike, immune to Horror Factor, and can fight to the victim’s Hit Points below zero before dropping dead(feels no pain, no fear, and keeps going until all lifeforce burns out). These unfortunates have no memoriy of who they were before the bite, and will simply lash out at anything in their way, eat, and kill, until stopped. These berserkers CAN, at great difficulty, be contained and rehabilitated(must be restrained, somehow kept fed, and isolated), but the process requires that the victim make three consecutive successful saving throws(16 or higher) a day(the process can tried five times a day) for three days...ME bonuses apply. If this is done, the victim simply becomes animalistically docile, rather than rabidly aggressive. The victim must then make a successful roll versus possession once a week. If the victim is able to make a successful save three weeks in a row, they will be able to regain 2d4x10% of their original memories and personality, but will suffer, for the rest of their lives, the following penalties; Insanity: Phobia(vampires)+1d4 Random Insanities(most likely associated with vampires), -1d6 I.Q., and lose HALF their Hit Points.
Psionics: Standard
Magic: Magic users---About 30% of T!Lek are magic users in one form or another.
Cybernetics/Bionics: None; T!lek aren’t yet familiar with cybernetic and bionic augmentation, so few are interested in it. They are most likely to be intrigued by ear implants(especially for older T!lek whose hearing is failing) and optical augments that allow them to function better in bright light.
Available OCCs: Any magic OCC except Temporal Wizards and Witches(no contact with the former, and they abhor the latter). Mystics and Shifters are the most common, but Technowizardry has just been introduced. Any Scholar/Adventurer. High-tech professions are limited by contact with others and their homeworld’s limited resources; for instance giant robot and vehicle pilots are almost unknown, due to the few T!lek with any offworld experience with such technologies, and the lack of such equipment and the means to service it on their homeworld.
RCC Skills:
Detect Ambush(+5%)
Prowl(+10%)
Lore: Demons and Monsters(+10%, +15% where it concerns vampires)
Skills of Note:-----
Culture:
T!lek can be considered to be at Early Space Age, with a strong magic component. Their native technology is limited by a scarcity of the heavier elements(hardening agents like titanium are so scarce in Tzon’s crust as to be near non-existant and certainly not exploitable. Even high-grade iron is scarce) ; such materials must be imported. The T!lek have also imported a good deal of offworld technology. Their planet still has nationalist nation-states, but they are unified by mutual defense pacts and the offworld colonization effort.
Because of their long hatred of vampires, most T!lek carry around a couple of wooden stakes at least(often disguised as ‘personal eating utensils’), a silver-plated blade, or a concealed TW Globe of Daylight device, typically all three and more if they can get away with it.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Great races once again . I am back for now .
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings!
Here is my Shared Worlds Race: The Grahl !

Based on Africa's tales of Hyena-Men, the Grahl are a Humanoid Hyena standing about Two Meters (6.5 feet) Tall, and weighing about One Hundred and Ten Kilograms (Two Hundred and Forty Pounds). The Grahl are Furred Mammals with the two sexes, bi-lateral symetry and close to Human Senses, slightly color-blind (Blues and Grays look alike to the Grahl), although the Grahl's Hearing and sense of Smell are noticably better than a Human's. The Grahl are Omnivores, though with a slightly higher need for meat/fish/proteins than Humans.

The Grahl have integrated with their world's Humans socially, but tend to be noticably more Concervative than most Human's in terms of Nuclear Family preferences,except that most Grahl Families have Two Wives/Mothers and One Husband/Father plus Children, apparently an instinct, as this remains true regardless of Human Culture the Grahl have joined/been born to. The Females tend to be bisexual, and keep hearth/home tended while the Males go forth to Hunt(Work/Bring Home the Bacon ECT). The Grahl have no more or less Magic/Psi Potential than Humans, but tolerate Bionic/Cybernetic Implants WORSE than Humans, and so will rarely take OCC's based on this Technology(Headhunters,Crazies,Juicers,Borg ECT). Part of this is an Instinctual psychological part of the Grahl, and cannot be easily set aside-even with Psi/Psychological aid! So Grahl may make decent Soldiers, Pilots, Mages, Psychics and Adventurer Types-especially Wilderness Scouts/Rangers! They tend to be unhappy as Headhunters and often REFUSE Borg and Crazy Conversions(Crazy Grahl gain a Berserker Insanity at Level 1) !

The Stats:
Grahl
IQ: 3D6
ME: 3D6
MA: 2D6
PS: 3D6
PP: 3D6
PE: 3D6 + 2
PB: 3D6
Speed: 4D6 + 6

SDC: 20 + Class and skill bonuses.
MDC: By Armor, Power, Spell or Class only.
AR: Normal.

ISP: As Human.
PPE: As Human.
Initiative: As Human.
Perception: + 3 in addition to OCC and other Bonuses.

Racial Skills:
Native Language: Grahl +5%
Detect Ambush (Superior Senses and Instinct): +5%
Wilderness Survival(Instinctual): +5%
Otherwise as OCC.
Skill Note: Due to slightly lower body fat and higher mass, Grahl take a -10% on Swimming Skill.

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=103576
-a-HEM-
FAN race based on canon "race"
Have fun folks.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

GaredBattlespike wrote:Greetings!
Here is my Shared Worlds Race: The Grahl !ke

Good start...
I'd give them a bite attack; Hyenas have notoriously powerful jaws.
I take it the perception bonus is from their slightly better overall senses, no?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:
GaredBattlespike wrote:Greetings!
Here is my Shared Worlds Race: The Grahl !ke

Good start...
I'd give them a bite attack; Hyenas have notoriously powerful jaws.
I take it the perception bonus is from their slightly better overall senses, no?

Greetings!
Yes, the Grahl's Perception Bonus is based on their better Hearing and Noses. As to the lack of Bite attacks: My bad!

It should be this;
Bite: 2D6 + PS Bonuses as Hyenas have Jaws strong enough to CRUSH BONE! The Grahl are not the same, but are similar!

Also, the Females typically bear several (1D3 + 1) young, although with Modern Medicine, a Grahl Female may have a HUGE number of young at once: 3D4 ! Also, "Dame" is the culturally accepted term for a young/unmated Grahl Female, and "Demarr" is the term for an older or mated Female, like Miss and Missus are for Humans.
The reason for tha "odd" family structure is that real Hyenas live in groups of mostly Females and young, and a few breeding Males amoung them all. Grahl are instinctivley similar.

-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-

anapuna wrote:

or i am a TW.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Cool !
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Princedarkstorm wrote:Cool !

Greetings, Princedarkstorm!

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the Grahl enough to use in your Game.

-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-

anapuna wrote:

or i am a TW.
DracoMagus
Explorer

Wow...has this thread died or something? I hope not because I kinda liked the idea behind it.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-ahem-
Well... a few of us moved onto our pet project(s) and started developing THOSE, and there hasn't been much new-blood recently. :nh:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DracoMagus
Explorer

DhAkael wrote:-ahem-
Well... a few of us moved onto our pet project(s) and started developing THOSE, and there hasn't been much new-blood recently. :nh:

Ah, I see. Well the reason I asked was because I started to work on the races I posted on here again and was considering reposting more completed versions on here. Thing is, there's little point in doing so when there's no one around to appreciate them though.

Is there another place you might suggest for me to show off my projects?

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

DracoMagus wrote:

Ah, I see. Well the reason I asked was because I started to work on the races I posted on here again and was considering reposting more completed versions on here. Thing is, there's little point in doing so when there's no one around to appreciate them though.

Actually if you were willing to take a chance on this and maybe paste in the link to your 1st draft, I think you could spark some more life into this ;)

Heck; Tallis & I have been doing the Ectroz-Shemarrian stuff Pro-bono.
We still get people viewing what we post, even if they don't comment.

Sometimes one has to shout at the empty room until someone walks in to see what the all the fuss is about :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

DracoMagus
Explorer

DhAkael wrote:
DracoMagus wrote:

Actually if you were willing to take a chance on this and maybe paste in the link to your 1st draft, I think you could spark some more life into this ;)

Heck; Tallis & I have been doing the Ectroz-Shemarrian stuff Pro-bono.
We still get people viewing what we post, even if they don't comment.

Sometimes one has to shout at the empty room until someone walks in to see what the all the fuss is about :D

OK, I'll try and do what I can. As for the draft...it was on this thread. The part I'm working on is in an offline document at the moment. I'll see about posting it when I get some more finished. Until then...

taalismn
Priest

I have several races in the pipeline, including a big bloc I've been working off and on for YEARS...
But as I've learned, the big long ones you sweat big time over take you forever and hardly get recognition for, while spur of the moment ones can take off like that...
On the other hand, I'll be stymied and spinning my wheels on something I WANT to finish up, and then suddenly, out of the blue, something finally clicks and I can not only finish something, but I can add to it suddenly and it's all good, better than I originally planned/expected, almost like the project's been just waiting for some final piece to mature and become available.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DracoMagus
Explorer

taalismn wrote:I have several races in the pipeline, including a big bloc I've been working off and on for YEARS...
But as I've learned, the big long ones you sweat big time over take you forever and hardly get recognition for, while spur of the moment ones can take off like that...
On the other hand, I'll be stymied and spinning my wheels on something I WANT to finish up, and then suddenly, out of the blue, something finally clicks and I can not only finish something, but I can add to it suddenly and it's all good, better than I originally planned/expected, almost like the project's been just waiting for some final piece to mature and become available.

Well, in my case I'm looking at ideas for Durel tech... I'm also gonna likely come up with other weapons and maybe even martial arts. The idea of even coming up with fluff about the different factions has come to mind...but That's still down the pipeline. At Any rate though, here's my somewhat updated first race.

Durel
Background/ History: From the earliest time in their history the Durel were a warrior race. Their first enemies were the animals that hunted them. Soon the Durel had become strong and organized enough that all but the largest of predators was no threat to them, and even They had become the standard by which the measured themselves as warriors.

As time passed the Durel expanded over their world, the warrior tribes developed into military nations. As such people were wont to do, they warred with each other. Thus pushing themselves to develop technologies with which to fight better. Eventually the warring nations merged into one global military government. While this government was the unifying factor for the entire race, there was still the sense of it being a collection of Durel nations that made it up.

It was during the Times of War that many of the technologies the Durel use now were developed. Things such as environmental armor and energy weapons (lasers and plasma to be specific) as well as cybernetic enhancements were the tools of the Durel soldier. Though it was when they came to travel among the stars that the Durel truly started to become what they are today.

It was there that they encountered (place whatever space power you like). At first relations were agreeable, and the Durel gained much from the relations. But (named space power) had other ideas, they began to try to put the yoke of servitude onto the Durel, which these proud warriors rejected immediately. The resulting war was intense, and while they fought valiantly, the Durel were the ultimate losers in this conflict. (Said Galactic Empire) struck the home word of the Durel, destroying it and all two billion of the inhabitants that were planet side at the time. They then destroyed or scattered the 100,000 survivors that were in space. This was 300 years ago.

In the intervening centuries the Durel have wandered space. Many of their number have sought a new place to replenish their numbers so that their people will continue to live. This has led to several colonies on other worlds as well as several alliances with other races. This is the faction of Durel known as the Settlers.

Yet others have taken what has happened to them as a lesson. They see the strength they possess as warriors as something that should be used to defend those that are unable to do so themselves. These are the faction known as Paladins.

Finally there are the Durel that have harbored a deep anger at the blow they were dealt, and have gone back to the days when they were one of several nations that were warring with each other, only now they have taken their war to whoever they wish. These Durel have allied themselves with various groups of Pirates and terrorists and are the faction known as the Bandits.

Description: The Durel are a race of humanoids that resemble fully upright walking chimpanzees. They have dark hair that covers their bodies, though the hair on their head is longer and thicker. This they typically wear long, and with most individuals there is a series of braids worn that commemorate rites of passage. Hair color is generally black, though dark brown and dark auburn hues aren't unheard of. Their eye color ranges from hazel and green, to red, brown and even black.

As they are from a slightly heavy gravity world, the Durel are built powerfully, though they are of mostly average height compared to a human. They tend to be heavy for their height, though this is mostly muscle (see the height and weight spaces below).

Durel- Optional Player Character & NPC
Pronunciation: (doo-Rell)
Alignment: Any. Those who have become paladins tend to be of good alignments. Pirates and terrorists tend to be selfish, anarchist or evil, depending on their targets, goals and tactics.
Attributes:
IQ- 3d6 PP- 3d6
ME- 3d6 PE- 3d6+4
MA- 3d6 PB- 2d6+4
PS- 3d6+4 Spd- 4d6
Size: 5 ft plus 1d6+3 for males; 1d4+3 for females
Weight: 120 lbs. plus 2d6x10 for males; 2d4x10 for females
Hit Points: PE x2 plus 1d6 per level of experience
SDC: 2d4 x10 (plus bonuses from OCC and skills)
MDC: By Magic or MDC body armor only.
PPE: 3d6 or by Magic class.
Horror Factor: None.
Average Life Span: 80 plus 1d4x10 years.
Natural Abilities: Same as a human.
Available OCC's: Rifts- Headhunter (Partial Conversion Borg), Merc Soldier, Robot Pilot, Body Fixer, Cyber Doc, Rouge Scholar, Rouge Scientist, Wilderness Scout; Phase World- Spacer, Galactic Tracer (Paladin faction), Space Pirate (Bandit faction), Runner (Bandit Faction), Colonist, Rifts OCCs that would apply in Phase World
Note: Can also learn to be most other Men At Arms OCC that doesn't require more than partial conversion cybernetics (tend to not go for MOM implants), Most Scholar & Adventurer OCC's and some Practitioners of Magic OCC's (mostly Ley Line Walkers).
Experience Level: By OCC
Attacks Per Melee: 2 plus extra attacks from Martial Arts, OCC bonuses and Skills.
Bonuses: As per Attribute, Skill and OCC bonuses.
Damage: Normal
Vunerabilities: None per se, though in the cases of the Paladins and the Pirates there may be some disadvantages due to ideology.
Psionics: Low chance of naturally born psionics.
Habitat: The Durel home world was very similar to Earth, except for a somewhat heavier gravity.

DracoMagus
Explorer

OK, now to get people to Really think it's jumpin here again...I present the Paladin Class Environmental Battle Armor (PCEBA for short....I guess).

Paladin Battle Armor
The Paladin Class of battle armor is the backbone of what the Durel managed to keep of their original military might. While it is light, this armor is quick and versatile when piloted by someone with experience. Along with the stock weaponry many are equipped depending on their deployment. In the event of battle, most pilots will use heavier weapons such as plasma rifles (similar to ones used by the CS). In situations where the deployment is more reconnaissance based it’ll be some sort of laser rifle (comparable to the heavier Wilk’s models).

This class of armor is universally used by all factions of Durel, though among the “Bandit” faction the armor is sometimes called the Corsair.

Paladin Class Environmental Battle Armor
Model: PCEBA-01
Class: Paladin Class Environmental Battle Armor (PCEBA)
Crew: One
MDC by Location
Rear Jet Pack (1): 75
Maneuvering Jets (2): 50
Forearm Laser (2, one each arm): 25
Forearm Vibro-Claws (2, one set on each arm): 25
*Head: 70
**Main Body: 200
*- Destroying the head of the power armor will eliminate all forms of optical enhancement and sensory systems. The pilot must now rely on his own human vision and senses. No power armor combat bonuses to strike, parry, and dodge! Note: The head is a small and difficult target to hit (shielded by exhaust tubes and weapon drum). Thus, it can only be hit when a character makes a called shot and even then the attacker is —3 to strike.
**- Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the armor down completely, making it useless.

Speed
Running: 40 mph (64 mph) maximum. The act of running does tire its operator, but at a fatigue rate of 20% of normal, thanks to the robot exoskeleton.
Leaping: A height of approximately 15 feet straight up or lengthwise is possible unassisted by the jetpack. A jet pack assisted leap can propel the unit up to 150 feet high and across without actually attaining flight or requiring a running start.
Flight: The jet pack propulsion system enables the PCEBA to hover stationary up to 200 feet (61 m) or fly. Maximum flying speed is 200 mph (480 km), but cruising speed is considered to be 100 mph (240 km). When flying in outer space, maximum speed is 400 mph with a cruising speed of 200 mph.
Flying Range: The nuclear power system gives the PCEBA decades of life, but the jet pack rockets get hot and need to cool after a maximum of ten hours of flight when travelling at speeds above cruising, and twenty hours of cruising speed, can fly indefinitely with rest stops. This range is doubled when in outer space.

Statistical Data
Height: 6.5 feet.
Width: 3 feet.
Length: About 2.5 feet.
Weight: 200 lbs. with jet pack and additional armor and equipment.
Physical Strength: Equal to PS 26.
Cargo: None.
Power System: Nuclear, average life is 20 years.
Special Sensors & Optics: The helmet is equipped with full optical systems, including laser targeting, telescopic sight, passive nightvision (light amplification), thermo-imaging, infrared, ultraviolet and polarization. Plus all other features common to power armor.
Sensor Bonuses: +1 to strike is applicable to long range weapon combat only. Hand to hand: +1 to parry and dodge.

PCEBA Weapon Systems
1. Vibro-Claws (2): A set of retractable twin vibro-claws are mounted onto the forearms.
Primary Purpose: Assault.
Weight: Built into the armor.
Mega-Damage: 3d6 MD
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of combined hand to hand attacks of the person in the suit.
Effective Range: Close combat.
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
2. Forearm Lasers (2): A lightweight laser is built into each of the forearms. The suit’s operator need only point and shoot.
Primary Purpose: Assault
Secondary Purpose: Defense
Weight: Built into the armor.
Mega-Damage: 2d6+2 MD per single blast.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of combined hand to hand attacks of the person in the suit.
Maximum Effective Range: 2000 feet (610 m).
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
3. Energy Rifle, Light Rail Gun and other man-size weapons can be carried into combat. Sidearm (pistol), knife, sword, hand grenades, etc. can be carried on a belt at the waist or across the chest. The PCEBA pilot is at -3 to strike when leaping or flying.
4. Hand to Hand Combat: Rather than use a weapon, the pilot can engage in mega-damage hand to hand combat. See Power Armor Combat Training in the Robot Combat section.

taalismn
Priest

Looks good so far, in your development of your own minions and their infrastructure.
Welcome to the company of World-Builders, Critter-Creators, Munchkin Mechanics, and the Fictional Military-Industrial Complex! :bandit: 8) :angel:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I always wanted more on the Governments and Militaries of the New Races.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

gaby wrote:I always wanted more on the Governments and Militaries of the New Races.

Greetings!

The Grahl Military:

Ranks; From Highest to Lowest
(Grahl Actual/Human Equivalent)

Grethalon/General
Greth/Major (No Colonel Rank)
Gryndalon/Captain
Gryfen/Lieutenant
Gythlon/Sargent
Gyth/Private (No PFC or Corperal Ranks)

In the Independant Grahl Nations Units are set up as follows:
The Basic Unit is the Paw (4 Grahl) Led by a Gythlon
The next Unit is Pack (5 Claws/20 Grahl) and Led by a Gryfen
Next is the Rage (4 Claws/100 Grahl) and Led by a Gryndor
Next up is the Grand Rage (5 Rages/500 Grahl) led by a Greth
Finally we have a Pride (4 Grand Rage/ 2,000 Grahl) Led by a Grethalon.
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-

anapuna wrote:

or i am a TW.
taalismn
Priest

gaby wrote:I always wanted more on the Governments and Militaries of the New Races.

Try creating a few; you'll generate more discussion that way and start establishing your own online empire.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

GaredBattlespike wrote:In the Independant Grahl Nations Units are set up as follows:

Is the basic unit a Paw or a Claw? Both are listed as units.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

abtex wrote:
GaredBattlespike wrote:In the Independant Grahl Nations Units are set up as follows:

Is the basic unit a Paw or a Claw? Both are listed as units.

Greetings!

Thank you for pointing out my editing error. I meant for the Basic Unit to be called a "Claw". The "Paw" was an early name/idea that I had changed for the other unit descriptions, and forgot to change it at the base of the chart. Thanks again, abtex, You've saved my Grahl from the evil forces of Confusion!!! I hearby award you the "Medal of Clarity, First Class"...
*Billions of Grahl stand and applaud*
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-

anapuna wrote:

or i am a TW.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

duck-foot wrote:

ow.. taalismn you hurt my brain

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Can you tell What races here,you put in what Power bloc?
taalismn
Priest

gaby wrote:Can you tell What races here,you put in what Power bloc?

If you read the entries, some of them have allegiances already stated, or their preferences. Others remain neutral, or are up to the PCs/GMs to decide where they go or are likely to jump(in other words; campaign fodder).

Feel free to decide/state for yourself where you think individual/specific species(whose allegiances have not already been clearly stated) are likely to gravitate towards.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DracoMagus
Explorer

Well, I do have some ideas for how my race is organized along those lines, but there would have to be at least two versions considering there would be the planetside and space wandering organizations. that's Also not counting the organization of any colonial groups that have settled onto a planet.

Other than that though I can see your point in how such would be good to have with the races.

taalismn
Priest

Yeah, but real life politics shows that alliances(and regimes) can change very quickly...and the resulting convoluted politics can take entire books to properly map out...For instance, the United States' relations with France and Pakistan.
Multiply that by each and every species(and also allow that not all species are unified under a single political system---ref: the Wulfen, who serve on BOTH sides of the CCW/TGE conflict---plus various factions, and subcultures), and then you have individuals of each respective species.
Look at Humanity in the Three Galaxies, or the Megaverse; we're the 'rats' of the Megaverse, but would one say every human belongs to the CCW or HUman Alliance? Taken as a whole, the larger portion of the human biomass(discovered and undiscovered) is likely Independent, would like to remain that way, or would prefer that the CCW and HA align with THEM(as opposed to the other way around).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Those are some very cool RCCs. I'm looking forward to seeing new ones. Now I need to find some inspiration to create a couple of new ones.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Those are some very cool RCCs. I'm looking forward to seeing new ones. Now I need to find some inspiration to create a couple of new ones.

For quick inspiration, you can hunt up any of the Random Roll tables in Aliens Unlimited, Rifts Phaseworld, PFR{G Land of teh Damned, and Thundercloud Galaxy...then fill in the gaps with your own ideas.
Or you can come up with wholly original ideas(and I recommend not disregarding ANY possible inspiration...I've had some pretty good idea chains come from plushie toys, home gardening, and angry rages..).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Aramanthus wrote:Those are some very cool RCCs. I'm looking forward to seeing new ones. Now I need to find some inspiration to create a couple of new ones.

Could use the following as starter --

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-bein.php
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate. ... =alienrace

Then flesh it out a little with the Lost Civilization Generator. Was can be used for the now as well. Fantasy or SciFi what is the different with the Megaverse.
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate. ... me=lostciv

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:

Could use the following as starter --

Then flesh it out a little with the Lost Civilization Generator. Was can be used for the now as well. Fantasy or SciFi what is the different with the Megaverse.

Ah! Civilization Helper, for when you need to throw together a fallen ancient empire in a hurry for the night's game.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:Could use the following as starter --

Then flesh it out a little with the Lost Civilization Generator. This can be used as fallen ones for the Current Living Civilizations as well, just change the reason or way it went down. Fantasy or SciFi what is the different with the Megaverse.

Ah! Civilization Helper, for when you need to throw together a fallen ancient empire in a hurry for the night's game.

Changed my text above [underlined]. Wrote it wrong the first time :oops: Most likely is still wrong. :frust: :badbad:

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”