faced with a horde of glitter boys

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

what do you do when faced with a horde of glitter boys?

1) fight to the death
43%
2)surrender
29%
3)cry like a little girl
6%
4)soil yourself a run like a scared boy
23%

Total votes: 80

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Re:

Unread post by Danger »

Comrade Corsarius wrote:"He who fights then runs away, has wasted valuable running time"

:lol:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Re: faced with a horde of glitter boys

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Ironicaly in my campain that Haunted Victorian Mansion Spaceship is still in the Wolven empire.

still fully functional as well....
冠双
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Dead Boy wrote:I believe the correct answer is a hybrid of options 1 and 4
► Fight to the death, and
► Soil yourself a run like a scared boy, only towards the enemy.
(And thanks, Steeler49er. I forgot we can could use alt-codes here)
:-o :ok:
I use em all day all the time... Like when i need to tell people that I like cookies.
IE: M☺m... Cän I hàvé Æ çôòk¥ ¿¿¿
See...
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Re:

Unread post by Danger »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:me? well, I'd just send a couple friends with the mutant power of Invunerability and let them deal with it.

Glitterboy > Invulnerability
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Well if all the GBs are hostile then fighting is pretty much saying you are trying to win the noblest death reward, or at least are trying to make yourself look good before you get atomized.

However, considering the only time I'd honestly face off against an army of GBs would be if they are staring down the barrel of my space ships Ion cannon, I'm not too concerned. (1d4x1000 damage can be a bit much...)
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Where is the option for hide and summon and control a few tektonic entities... :) Hmm, I wonder what they do to the inside of a machine when they possess it.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Danger wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:me? well, I'd just send a couple friends with the mutant power of Invunerability and let them deal with it.

Invulnerability+VibroKnife > Glitterboy

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Myself ... Geek Out. then get scared.

I'm going to assume I'm a normal soldier, in at best a SAMAS PA.
Poop, then RUN away out of range ASAP.

ITS A HORDE !!! A Horde is Hundreds or Thousands.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I'd Look On and say "At last the REINFORCEMENTS are here."
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Steeler49er wrote:
Danger wrote:

Sadly, this is not so.

The Glitterboy's Mass + Weight + Strength is still > Invulnerability.

Invulnerability bestows neither super human strength, speed, or any sort of power to live without air. In fact, the need to breathe is one of the Invulnerable character's greatest weaknesses.

As a result, what you have illustrated is actually the worst thing the Invulnerable character could do: engage in Hand-to-Hand combat with the Glitterboy. All the Glitterboy has to do is grab the Invulnerable opponent, stick their head into the ground like an ostrich, and suffocate them. The Invulnerable character is not strong enough to break the Glitterboy's grip, nor to lift its weight. (On a side note, I suppose it's arguable as to whether or not the Glitterboy could simply crush the Invulnerable character's windpipe, but I won't open that can of worms. Or...will I? :wink:) I know that it's a rarity for people to discuss a Glitterboy's melee combat prowess, but in this case, the Invulnerable character is at a serious disadvantage.

The best thing the Invulnerable character could do is to attempt to stay at range with the Glitterboy, while whittling away at its armor with some sort of ranged attack. Of course, this tactic has its own problems, such as: A. Ammo limitation, B. The Glitterboy targets the weapon being used against him, makes a called shot and destroys it, and of course the now classic option C. The Glitterboy chases down the offending Invulnerable character at 60 MPH, grabs him or her, and sticks their head into the ground like an ostrich. :D
Steeler49er
Hero

Danger wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:
Danger wrote:

Sadly, this is not so.

The Glitterboy's Mass + Weight + Strength is still > Invulnerability.

Invulnerability bestows neither super human strength, speed, or any sort of power to live without air. In fact, the need to breathe is one of the Invulnerable character's greatest weaknesses.

As a result, what you have illustrated is actually the worst thing the Invulnerable character could do: engage in Hand-to-Hand combat with the Glitterboy. All the Glitterboy has to do is grab the Invulnerable opponent, stick their head into the ground like an ostrich, and suffocate them. The Invulnerable character is not strong enough to break the Glitterboy's grip, nor to lift its weight. (On a side note, I suppose it's arguable as to whether or not the Glitterboy could simply crush the Invulnerable character's windpipe, but I won't open that can of worms. Or...will I? :wink:) I know that it's a rarity for people to discuss a Glitterboy's melee combat prowess, but in this case, the Invulnerable character is at a serious disadvantage.

The best thing the Invulnerable character could do is to attempt to stay at range with the Glitterboy, while whittling away at its armor with some sort of ranged attack. Of course, this tactic has its own problems, such as: A. Ammo limitation, B. The Glitterboy targets the weapon being used against him, makes a called shot and destroys it, and of course the now classic option C. The Glitterboy chases down the offending Invulnerable character at 60 MPH, grabs him or her, and sticks their head into the ground like an ostrich. :D

As of HU2 ed, Invulnerability Now grants the PC/NPC superhuman lifting and carrying cap.
That makes them stronger than a Glitter Boy.

Return to “Rifts®”