Brute Squads

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

renfield
Explorer

Brute Squads

Unread post by renfield »

Has anyone considered or used Brute Squads rules? I've made Brute squad rules for various games and tend to make things much more cinematic and faster-paced.
I am referring a concept put out in the 7th Sea RPG. If you've played it you know what I mean, if not here's a brief version that's been slightly modified for Rifts;
- Each Brute Squad are groups of 6-8 thugs (maybe less for more threatening creatures or more for less threatening)
- Each Squad has a Threat Rating from 1-5 (modify as necessary)
- You use 1 to-hit roll for each squad, each squads adds +Threat Rating to their Attack and Damage Results
- Extra Hits are Generated for every X points the TN exceeds the Base (in 7th sea this was +1 hit per 5 over, obviously have to change for Rifts)
- Each hit equals Y amount of damage + Y dam for every additional hit
- Each time a Brute Squad is hit one member of the squad goes down and their collect Threat Rating is reduced by 1 for every two members down. Obviously this should be modified for excessive damage and/or Area of Effect weaponry.
- Squads should also be modified for the type of Squad; example - A brute Squad of human bandits would be a lot less dangerous than a Brute Squad of Brodkil!

I have yet to hash out the details as I just came up with these changes on the fly and will update when I've got it to where it works. Suggestions are always welcome.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: Brute Squads

Unread post by Mack »

Topic Locked.

Da Rulez wrote:6. Conversions
Posting the conversion (adaptation) of non-Palladium intellectual property to the Palladium Books game system will not be tolerated. Sorry. And in the same way, Palladium property may not be converted to other game systems. For a longer explanation of this policy, read on.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”