Metamorph Review

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Quantum07
Explorer

Metamorph Review

Unread post by Quantum07 »

Since no one else has started it, I will. OMG!!!!! That is all.
Just kidding. This OCC is amazing. I want to roll one up, but I don't know where to start! It is so versatile, and he could be or do anything.
The only problem with his role as doing anything is the descending scale on size. It makes sense, and something to work around. Personally, I would start my day at my largest, and work down. Then take a vacation when I need to grow. Any other thoughts?
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Metamorph Review

Unread post by slappy »

Glad you like it. That's pretty much how I would use it. Burn up one form, then rise from the shattered remains like a bloody phoenix ready for more. I would love to hear what people think of it in action.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

slappy wrote:That's pretty much how I would use it. Burn up one form, then rise from the shattered remains like a bloody phoenix ready for more.

I like the way that sounds Slappy, the bloody phoenix rising from a husk of a creature, ready for more! I can envision this quite well now that you put it that way and I am pumped to hear about this OCC. How is the development and rolling of this Metamorph coming along, any action yet?
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Premier wrote:
slappy wrote:That's pretty much how I would use it. Burn up one form, then rise from the shattered remains like a bloody phoenix ready for more.

I like the way that sounds Slappy, the bloody phoenix rising from a husk of a creature, ready for more! I can envision this quite well now that you put it that way and I am pumped to hear about this OCC. How is the development and rolling of this Metamorph coming along, any action yet?

No action yet, but one of my players is rolling one up.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:

Please keep us posted and let us know what forms & enhancements they choose, PLEASE...
The Galactus Kid

I sure will.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Quantum07 wrote:Since no one else has started it, I will. OMG!!!!! That is all.
Just kidding. This OCC is amazing. I want to roll one up, but I don't know where to start! It is so versatile, and he could be or do anything.
The only problem with his role as doing anything is the descending scale on size. It makes sense, and something to work around. Personally, I would start my day at my largest, and work down. Then take a vacation when I need to grow. Any other thoughts?

Work Down ??
You mean they cant just stay in Biotic form if they wished to??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

TechnoGothic wrote:

Work Down ??

Oh no, They can stay in their chosen biotic form as long as they wish. But "if" they are having a very tough day in combat and started off say the Heavy Assault, Battle-ram or Brusier form then they could transmute into smaller forms as the fighting progressed and still be ready for combat much easer versus having to start from a smaller form and take the time to cocoon safely and build upwards for each combat scenario. Starting off big and going small is safer and less time consuming.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Premier wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Work Down ??

Oh no, They can stay in their chosen biotic form as long as they wish. But "if" they are having a very tough day in combat and started off say the Heavy Assault, Battle-ram or Brusier form then they could transmute into smaller forms as the fighting progressed and still be ready for combat much easer versus having to start from a smaller form and take the time to cocoon safely and build upwards for each combat scenario. Starting off big and going small is safer and less time consuming.

in other words, from the sound of it, a bigger form you simply have to let a bunch of body mass fall off, kinda like leprosy. but faster. and in the process, you shed all the damaged tissue and repurpose the healthy tissue to form a new body. imagine if you could somehow wear a host armor, with another host armor over the top, and if the first host armor dies it becomes so much dead weight... but you could just throw it aside and run around in your host armor that was previously inside.

to get bigger, you have to spend a whole bunch of time eating and gaining weight (presumably becoming morbidly obese in the process) which is not as good an option for the short term... takes a bunch longer to turn whatever you're eating into the appropriate kind of mass, because unlike your body the food you're eating isn't carefully genespliced to rapidly change functions.
TechnoGothic
Knight

My books arrived !!

OMGoodness. Lovelovelovelovelovelovelove the splicer material in both.

Metamorph just became my new Favorite by Far. AWESOME Awesome awesome.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
The Galactus Kid

Premier wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:

Please keep us posted and let us know what forms & enhancements they choose, PLEASE...

So far, the player selected the centaur form and the spider form. The also have selected a bone blade across all forms. I will keep you updated.

Quantum07
Explorer

One of my players chose to play a metamorph, but he only chose the Predator Form. He is cracking it out. Getting as many arms that he can. It is pretty good.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:

So far, the player selected the centaur form and the spider form. The also have selected a bone blade across all forms. I will keep you updated.

How goes the metamorphosis of the bladed Centaur & Spider?
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Quantum07 wrote:One of my players chose to play a metamorph, but he only chose the Predator Form. He is cracking it out. Getting as many arms that he can. It is pretty good.

Oh man… an amped Predator roaming around, what enhancements did they get? do tell, do tell…
Quantum07
Explorer

Premier wrote:
Quantum07 wrote:One of my players chose to play a metamorph, but he only chose the Predator Form. He is cracking it out. Getting as many arms that he can. It is pretty good.

Oh man… an amped Predator roaming around, what enhancements did they get? do tell, do tell…

2 extra arms, 4 tentacles, Force Field, and 4 Bio-Energy Blades. The thing that makes him horribly powerful is when he rolled it up, he rolled STRAIGHT 6's FOR PE. He has a starting PE of 30.

I rolled up a Metamorph that has a Stealth Field, heat cannon, and Lightning discharge throughout. Starts as a Bruiser, then down to Combat, then Runner, and finally the Bird form to run away or finish them off. But a giant, invisible, supernaturally strong creature throwing around lightning is awesome
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Quantum07 wrote:
Premier wrote:

2 extra arms, 4 tentacles, Force Field, and 4 Bio-Energy Blades. The thing that makes him horribly powerful is when he rolled it up, he rolled STRAIGHT 6's FOR PE. He has a starting PE of 30.

I rolled up a Metamorph that has a Stealth Field, heat cannon, and Lightning discharge throughout. Starts as a Bruiser, then down to Combat, then Runner, and finally the Bird form to run away or finish them off. But a giant, invisible, supernaturally strong creature throwing around lightning is awesome

Man… What a way to roll those dice!!! A P.E. 30 for a Predator form. Then to add and boot, the enhancements you mentioned, that is a creature that is not only relentless, but seriously tough as nails like a badger and can really hunt ya down. With those arms and tentacles I can only imagine the number of attacks this predator has.

Then we have the fierce Metamorph you rolled up! Man a Bruiser with stealth cloak, Heat projection cannon & a Lighting discharger is a devastating beast to contend with. Then I think about this fleet footed Runner form moving in cloak so fast that it's still hard to see coming, just weaving through enemies, blanketing them and cooking them with Heat and lightning bursts. Wait... a... minute..., I just had another epiphany, if the Runner form runs up on Host Armors or Biotics from behind and bites a target in the nape of the neck and discharges its Lighting, could this be a paralysis bite or fatal bite? BTW, I like the retreat/scouting option of the Eagle form as well. Its aofmr that can fly far way enough, and well hidden and heal up or cocoon up that by the time enemies get within range, the Combat form or possibly even a Brusier can be back in full action. I can imagine the eagle, raining down lighting and flying at high speeds just like a black talon. GREAT selects! Certainly the Stealth Bruiser gets my attention right a way…
Tricky
Wanderer

Unread post by Tricky »

What makes this thread really cool is interaction between the artist (Premier) and the players; you can see how much they love making Metamorphs and how much fun HE had working on the project!
On my part, my metamorph concepts are currently stewing in my brain; one early concept: turning the armored form into a Fort Knox level MDC absorbing brick with forcefields, maybe some heavier armor?
Btw, while i've been working on Metamorphs (i always lean toward shifters), my brother is looking at a Swarm Lord.....
The Galactus Kid

Tricky wrote:What makes this thread really cool is interaction between the artist (Premier) and the players; you can see how much they love making Metamorphs and how much fun HE had working on the project!
On my part, my metamorph concepts are currently stewing in my brain; one early concept: turning the armored form into a Fort Knox level MDC absorbing brick with forcefields, maybe some heavier armor?
Btw, while i've been working on Metamorphs (i always lean toward shifters), my brother is looking at a Swarm Lord.....

The metamorph I made did just that. His armored form was brutal. He could hit hard, had a lot of resistances, a bio-e forcefield, reinforced exoskeleton, and area of effect weapons like the needle death blossom and the fire based area weapon that is in the house Shiva material.

Tricky
Wanderer

Unread post by Tricky »

Nice; I was looking at using fire related bio-weapons and the Flying Devil form; going to have to look at the Shiv stuff now too.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Tricky wrote:What makes this thread really cool is interaction between the artist (Premier) and the players; you can see how much they love making Metamorphs and how much fun HE had working on the project!

Thanks Tricky!

As you can see the Splicers community as a whole really just digs this setting A LOT and we are very supportive of one another! I can happily admit that working on the Splicers project has made this setting a special place in my heart. It also happens to be a strong fancy of mine as I love designing and researching creatures and various forms of wildlife, especially the formidable ones or underestimated ones. I have been fascinated about animals eversince I was a young tot (we are talking back when the cartoons: Flash Gordon, Space Ghost, Darkstarr, Thundar the Barbarian and Herculoids first appeared on TV. I watched these and various animal documentaries religiously. Splicers really allows me to breathe in the realm of my fancy, into illustrations to share and enjoy like no other setting I have experienced. I can help but feel that Splicers is the one setting that is so set apart from every other RPG setting out there and if given the chance to exhibit its potential this will be revealed.

Whew, sorry got excited there. BTW, “Fort Knox” or “Knox” even sounds like a cool name for your Armored Metamorph, :lol: . Keep us posted as to what you decide on with the Armored form and the Flying Devil form's upgrades and how they perform.

BTW, How has anyone's Metamorphs fared thus far in current running campaigns?
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:

The metamorph I made did just that. His armored form was brutal. He could hit hard, had a lot of resistances, a bio-e forcefield, reinforced exoskeleton, and area of effect weapons like the needle death blossom and the fire based area weapon that is in the house Shiva material.

Goodness! Now that’s a bio-tank for ya! Great upgrades and option choices GK! You really know how to put em together don’t you. I can easily envision this Mega-Dillo storming through forces like a Juggernaut and pounding the heck out of enemies and when things get overbearing or the numbers get to high, emitting the area effect weapons to clear them off and continue forth.

Man… GK, out of curiosity, could it be possible that the Needle Death blossom enhancement could be connected to clusters of customized Bio-Energy Expulsion ports and so that the Needles are energized armor piercing and explosive projectiles? I also want to know if you would allot this possible upgrade. Would you allow the Bio-Energy ports/Needle death blossom combo to be upgraded to the Bio-Energy blades (Spikes)? Talk about a deadly porcupine juggernaut effect this would be mad-ball devastating, especially if the energized needles could still be launched afterwards. I can go crazy with possibilities for this form now. A mace tail with bio-energy spikes, a napalm breath weapon and some serious bio-energy claws for slashing , Arrggghh… :? I can’t take it anymore! It is endless possibilities like this that really showcase what Splicers can deliver.
The Galactus Kid

Premier wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Goodness! Now that’s a bio-tank for ya! Great upgrades and option choices GK! You really know how to put em together don’t you. I can easily envision this Mega-Dillo storming through forces like a Juggernaut and pounding the heck out of enemies and when things get overbearing or the numbers get to high, emitting the area effect weapons to clear them off and continue forth.

Man… GK, out of curiosity, could it be possible that the Needle Death blossom enhancement could be connected to clusters of customized Bio-Energy Expulsion ports and so that the Needles are energized armor piercing and explosive projectiles? I also want to know if you would allot this possible upgrade. Would you allow the Bio-Energy ports/Needle death blossom combo to be upgraded to the Bio-Energy blades (Spikes)? Talk about a deadly porcupine juggernaut effect this would be mad-ball devastating, especially if the energized needles could still be launched afterwards. I can go crazy with possibilities for this form now. A mace tail with bio-energy spikes, a napalm breath weapon and some serious bio-energy claws for slashing , Arrggghh… :? I can’t take it anymore! It is endless possibilities like this that really showcase what Splicers can deliver.

I'm a huge fan of taking some of the weapons that exist and either making them prerequsites or using them in strange new ways. That is one of the things that we do all the time in our game. I'm thinking of making the dreadguard class able to select ninjas and superspies style martial arts and allowing them (and only Dreadguard) to integrate chi-powers and martial arts techniques into their host armor combat. this would furthergive them that "Samurai" feel and distinguish them from the other Host armor classes.

Quantum07
Explorer

So the cracked out Predator has been used. We ended up in Phase World during the Minion Wars. He took a Baal-Rog by himself. It was epic. And frightening. Splicers should stay in Splicers. They tend to be over powered. Now, my player did play it right, because the magic spells threw him off, and when the demon took flight, he went with it.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Used a Metamorph in our game.

Human form is Epic. Nothing is below 20 attribute wise, i rolled great.
Basic Biotic Combat Form. Upped Strength and physicals. Made PS Supernatural in all forms (but human).
Bruiser Form. After I add the stuff the auto-crosses to all forms. The Bruiser form has a PS of 60 Supernatural after everything is figured. Awesome. Bought Super-Regeneration to speed up healing alittle. Extra Armor, Increased Metabolism and Lazarus Organ (across all form). If killed this guy may came back to life and regrow his body. lol. Made and new Feature to add-on to the Lazarus Organ too. One that always regrows the Lazarus organ. Yeah this left him with no more Bio-E, but is worth it In my Opinion. Supernatural Strong, Durable as heck, will return from the dead. Now. The Bio-E from level up are were Weapons and Faster Transformations are going to be spent.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

Quantum07 wrote:So the cracked out Predator has been used. We ended up in Phase World during the Minion Wars. He took a Baal-Rog by himself. It was epic. And frightening. Splicers should stay in Splicers. They tend to be over powered. Now, my player did play it right, because the magic spells threw him off, and when the demon took flight, he went with it.

Thats like saying a Combat Cyborg is Over-powered. Not really.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Shark_Force
Palladin

TechnoGothic wrote:
Quantum07 wrote:So the cracked out Predator has been used. We ended up in Phase World during the Minion Wars. He took a Baal-Rog by himself. It was epic. And frightening. Splicers should stay in Splicers. They tend to be over powered. Now, my player did play it right, because the magic spells threw him off, and when the demon took flight, he went with it.

Thats like saying a Combat Cyborg is Over-powered. Not really.

no, it really isn't. splicers really is a much higher-powered world than rifts, in general. it's fine for splicers because the opposition is also amped up. putting it into any other setting is going to cause problems if you don't adjust for it.
TechnoGothic
Knight

I disagree.
A Splicer character is roughly equal to a Dragon Hatchlings, Combat Cyborgs, Most Power-Armor Pilots, General Robots, and so on as for Character Levels. High Powered, but not even close to Over-powered.

Heck a Splicer Host-Armors only benifit over normal Power Armor is Regeneration. But then again they require a House/Gene-Pool to Upgrade so it balances out well.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Shark_Force
Palladin

TechnoGothic wrote:I disagree.
A Splicer character is roughly equal to a Dragon Hatchlings, Combat Cyborgs, Most Power-Armor Pilots, General Robots, and so on as for Character Levels. High Powered, but not even close to Over-powered.

Heck a Splicer Host-Armors only benifit over normal Power Armor is Regeneration. But then again they require a House/Gene-Pool to Upgrade so it balances out well.

most splicers will have automatic dodge (with a pretty nice bonus), and extremely high bonuses in most areas, including their ranged attack bonus, will be considerably higher than most everyone else's.
The Galactus Kid

Splicers are sick. End of Story. Average Dreadguard would eat a heavy combat cyborg alive. If you need any verification of this, take a look at The Ronin NPC I rolled up and posted here.

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I thought that the Lazarus organ was a life insurance policy for the bio-weapon, not the pilot. Was I wrong?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Shark_Force
Palladin

Lord Z wrote:I thought that the Lazarus organ was a life insurance policy for the bio-weapon, not the pilot. Was I wrong?

as i understand it, it's just like bio-regeneration. so long as you are wearing the suit when the damage is taken, and don't remove the suit, it will regenerate you too.

plus, of course, it's an option for biotics, war mounts, etc (and if you put it into one of the those, well... obviously it's going to regenerate the entity itself, not only the biotech the entity used)

after all, what use would host armor be if the pilot was dead anyways? would kinda defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?
TechnoGothic
Knight

I Hardly go for the Big weapons.
Super-Light Cells, Missiles, Maybe if i can Omega-blaster (only big one). Super-light Cells and Bio-Energy Vents are my favs.

The Lazarus Organ only regrows the Host Armor itself. Not the Pilot.
Biotics, War-mounts with a Lazarus Organ can regrow themselves if slain however.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Shark_Force
Palladin

TechnoGothic wrote:I Hardly go for the Big weapons.
Super-Light Cells, Missiles, Maybe if i can Omega-blaster (only big one). Super-light Cells and Bio-Energy Vents are my favs.

Biotics, War-mounts with a Lazarus Organ can regrow themselves if slain however.

that makes no sense. why would you bother regrowing a host armor when only the original pilot (who is likely to not survive whatever killed the host armor) can use it?
The Galactus Kid

Shark_Force wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:I Hardly go for the Big weapons.

that makes no sense. why would you bother regrowing a host armor when only the original pilot (who is likely to not survive whatever killed the host armor) can use it?

Host armor can be killed if the pilot isn't inside.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

It makes sense to me if the Last Point of Armor Rule introduced in Rifts:UE is being used. According to that rule, MDC armor continues to protect the wearer from all harm even if the damage absorbed exceeds the amount of damage left on the armor. Thus a Host Armor with 1 MDC remaining can take a 30 mega-damage blow; the armor is destroyed; the pilot lives unharmed and probably naked. This rule actually makes some sense in the context of Splicers where a living symbiot like Host Armor might choose to sacrifice itself in order to save its host. In Rifts, it's just a rule there purely to enhance survivability.

So, a Dreadguard in Host Armor would survive a lot of encounters that would otherwise kill her with mega-damage carrying through. She has, however, lost her Host Armor. If she can persuade the Great House to give her another suit, she has lost all of the bio-energy that she spent customizing the original. Thus, the Lazarus Organ which acts as an insurance policy for that investment of bio-e.

What surprises me is that a Lazarus Organ can be implanted into a PC like a Metamorph. That's immortality in a setting which doesn't otherwise have it. That's a bargain at any price.

For the Splicers Unleashed contest, I introdcued a process of insuring a character's experience, Bio-Immortaility. It's more limited in its applications, and it becomes more expensive in proportion to the amount of experience being backed up. I can't insure a Tesla for the same price as a Chevy Chevette, so a 10th level character should be more expensive to insure than a 2nd level character. Had I known it was book legal to simply implant a Lazarus Organ into a character's body, I would have realized that Bio-Immortality is pointless and wouldn't have written it.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
The Galactus Kid

Lord Z wrote:It makes sense to me if the Last Point of Armor Rule introduced in Rifts:UE is being used. According to that rule, MDC armor continues to protect the wearer from all harm even if the damage absorbed exceeds the amount of damage left on the armor. Thus a Host Armor with 1 MDC remaining can take a 30 mega-damage blow; the armor is destroyed; the pilot lives unharmed and probably naked. This rule actually makes some sense in the context of Splicers where a living symbiot like Host Armor might choose to sacrifice itself in order to save its host. In Rifts, it's just a rule there purely to enhance survivability.

Yes, but if the armor dies, there are rules for how long the pilot can survive inside without suffocating.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Lord Z wrote:It makes sense to me if the Last Point of Armor Rule introduced in Rifts:UE is being used. According to that rule, MDC armor continues to protect the wearer from all harm even if the damage absorbed exceeds the amount of damage left on the armor. Thus a Host Armor with 1 MDC remaining can take a 30 mega-damage blow; the armor is destroyed; the pilot lives unharmed and probably naked. This rule actually makes some sense in the context of Splicers where a living symbiot like Host Armor might choose to sacrifice itself in order to save its host. In Rifts, it's just a rule there purely to enhance survivability.

So, a Dreadguard in Host Armor would survive a lot of encounters that would otherwise kill her with mega-damage carrying through. She has, however, lost her Host Armor. If she can persuade the Great House to give her another suit, she has lost all of the bio-energy that she spent customizing the original. Thus, the Lazarus Organ which acts as an insurance policy for that investment of bio-e.

What surprises me is that a Lazarus Organ can be implanted into a PC like a Metamorph. That's immortality in a setting which doesn't otherwise have it. That's a bargain at any price.

For the Splicers Unleashed contest, I introdcued a process of insuring a character's experience, Bio-Immortaility. It's more limited in its applications, and it becomes more expensive in proportion to the amount of experience being backed up. I can't insure a Tesla for the same price as a Chevy Chevette, so a 10th level character should be more expensive to insure than a 2nd level character. Had I known it was book legal to simply implant a Lazarus Organ into a character's body, I would have realized that Bio-Immortality is pointless and wouldn't have written it.

I would Require a new Feature for the Lazarus Organ to work on the Pilot Host too. An Upgrade to the standard Lazarus Organ. Pheonix Organ. If the Host Armor dies in combat and if noone can help the pilot of before he dies, or is just attacked more causing his death too. The Pheonix Organ upgrade can bring back the Pilot and the Host Armor over time. The process is slow however. Takes as long as 1d4 weeks+1 week total. Nothing happens for most of that time, but once it does start, the organ regrows them both within 12 hours !! However any Pilot reborn in this way has a greater connection to his Host Armor afterwards. Gaining +15 Bio-E each level on top of the normal amount. If the Host Armor itself ever dies while the pilot is on the outside. He knows it instantly. In fact, he will become slow as if in pain feeling the death. For a full month he will be tired restless. On the 31st day, he will sleep deeply. His own body mutating. A Week later. A New Host Armor is born from his flesh. Then and only then can the Host Pilot emerge from the Host-armor as normal. Cost +50 Bio-E to Buy, must be Level 5.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

TechnoGothic wrote:I would Require a new Feature for the Lazarus Organ to work on the Pilot Host too. An Upgrade to the standard Lazarus Organ. Pheonix Organ. If the Host Armor dies in combat and if noone can help the pilot of before he dies, or is just attacked more causing his death too. The Pheonix Organ upgrade can bring back the Pilot and the Host Armor over time. The process is slow however. Takes as long as 1d4 weeks+1 week total. Nothing happens for most of that time, but once it does start, the organ regrows them both within 12 hours !! However any Pilot reborn in this way has a greater connection to his Host Armor afterwards. Gaining +15 Bio-E each level on top of the normal amount. If the Host Armor itself ever dies while the pilot is on the outside. He knows it instantly. In fact, he will become slow as if in pain feeling the death. For a full month he will be tired restless. On the 31st day, he will sleep deeply. His own body mutating. A Week later. A New Host Armor is born from his flesh. Then and only then can the Host Pilot emerge from the Host-armor as normal. Cost +50 Bio-E to Buy, must be Level 5.

I can see that being a fun little upgrade, but if its gonna increase bio-e at level and spawn a host armor from you, it should cost more.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Zig, maybe you're right. Then again, any bio-e cost seems inadequate to me.

Tech, I like how you fleshed out the effects. Really, I do. I would not, nontheless, allow this in any game I would run.

If I were a warlord, I would have every citizen in my Great House converted into a Metamorph with a Lazarus Organ as standard equipment the moment that they might be able to handle it. As unkillable soldiers with none of the trans-human drawbacks of Skinjobs (for example), there is no reason to not do it. That Great House would suddenly have the upperhand in the war against the Machine.

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Lord Z wrote:Zig, maybe you're right. Then again, any bio-e cost seems inadequate to me.

Tech, I like how you fleshed out the effects. Really, I do. I would not, nontheless, allow this in any game I would run.

If I were a warlord, I would have every citizen in my Great House converted into a Metamorph with a Lazarus Organ as standard equipment the moment that they might be able to handle it. As unkillable soldiers with none of the trans-human drawbacks of Skinjobs (for example), there is no reason to not do it. That Great House would suddenly have the upperhand in the war against the Machine.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't allow it either, at least not in a reasonably powered(hah) splicers game.

And yes that house would, especially since the human part of those guys might be able to breed true with other humans. Thus, you wouldn't lose out on your whole population.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
TechnoGothic
Knight

I agree. I miss typed the cost. I meant 130 pts. maybe...lol.

Anyways. I agree about the Metamorphs.
I would want to Limit most to Human and One Biotic Form.
The Bio-E for more forms is wasted IMHO. I'd rather use that to enhance the biotic form. I created a Bruiser-Predator-Demon hybrid form. The ability of Three Forms in a Single biotic form. Plus i was able to optimize it even more.
I really did have the power of a Dreadguard Host Armor in the body of a Biotic. Plus the ability to transform back to human is cool.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Splicers®”