Kevin is the coolest!!!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Kevin is the coolest!!!

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Warning: This is totally, unabashedly going to be a cheering post/thread. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. ;)

Kevin is the COOLEST! I had to change one of my OH tickets due to unforeseen problems. In a nut shell, my wife had planned to attend the OH on Friday with me, but due to a state-scheduled test in my son's school she has to stay home so he can attend (originally we were going to pull all the kids out of school and drop them off at my brother's house for that day). Sooo, back-up plan is that I am taking my brother instead of my wife - still cool, but not nearly as sexy. Unfortunately, he can't attend on Friday (has to work), but is good to go on Saturday.

We've known about all this for a month or two now, but me being an idiot, I forgot to try to get the ticket changed until just this morning. :oops: So I called the PB order line this morning, hoping that it wasn't too late to switch both name and day on my wife's ticket. When I called, Kevin picked up the line! I explained the situation to him and he said, "That's totally fine, not a problem," and switched the ticket then and there.

How amazingly cool is that! I was thinking that they'd probably be o.k. with the name change, but wasn't too sure about the day change, and I knew it would be a bit of a hassle for them no matter what. But Kevin didn't express any concern about it and seemed excited that people were coming and happy to be able to help. How awesome is that?! Kevin rocks! :ok:
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Kevin is the coolest!!!

Unread post by Jorel »

I'd like to chime in to say that he is probably the most personable, kindest artist/publisher/person that I have ever met. I have several hundred autographs from meeting other at least a hundred (more like 200) artists from every walk of life. Of all of them I related most to Kevin and his stories. Kevin couldn't have been cooler.
The only other person who was even remotely close to Kevin was Scott Thompson of Kids in the Hall fame. After performing 2 back to back shows, he came back to our home to watch Battlestar Galactica. I bet Kevin would do the same, if he had the time.
The POH is definitely one of the high points in my 30 some years on planet Earth. Mostly thanks to Kevin inviting us all into his life.

Thanks Observer for creating this post and a million thank yous to Kevin.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

jorel wrote:I'd like to chime in to say that he is probably the most personable, kindest artist/publisher/person that I have ever met. I have several hundred autographs from meeting other at least a hundred (more like 200) artists from every walk of life.

Of course, now you probably have several hundred more autographs after all the books you brought. :P

Greetings and Salutations. For those who weren't there and/or didn't see it, I was standing there when this guy came pushing a cart with 4 boxes full of books to sign. I couldn't help but laugh myself. Of course, jorel did offer to remove the Rifters to cut down on the number of books. Naturally, Kevin said he'd sign them all anyways and was happy to do so. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Bunny: Doll on my TV. No dress yet.
Prysus: It was 3 boxes and a satchel.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)

Return to “Palladium Open House”