[Juicer]Dragon Juicer equipment questoins

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: [Juicer]Dragon Juicer equipment questoins

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Lesson 1 in Rifts: if you have autododge, equipment isn't as important.

2. Heavy Dead Boy Armor. Repainted.
3. JA-12 Laser Rifle.

That's great for Tech. If you want magic you'd have to be psychic.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

Can you tell us what you already have? What the composition of your group is? and what role you wish to play in that group?

IMHO, I think the only way people should be playing a dragon juicer is as a servant to a dragon...As you can't take out a dragon to get its blood and any dragon hearing about you would just kill you. For that reason have the dragon cast the familiar spell on you...which means you probably won't die until the dragon does. Let me look at my last dragon char to check his familiars equip:

-dragon scale armor (made from old shed scales of your dragon - so you match) with a few spells to compliment your dragon
-Song of weaving clothing
-Greater Biomancer wood armor (it folds up small)
-Juicer Jump boots (should you fall off your dragon and need to land without going splat)
-JA12 (so you can deal damage at a long distance while riding your dragon & shoot down missiles aimed at it)
-FIWS (I can't see making any juicer without these)
-Dragonwright holy symbol: acting as a greater circle of protection, amulets of see invisible, turn dead & holds 50 PPE.
-Dragonwright prayer book
-A bunch of cast off or old stuff from the dragons hoard...lower powered magic items, etc.

_Plus all of the dragons stuff as it transforms into various forms...
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

G wrote:Can you tell us what you already have? What the composition of your group is? and what role you wish to play in that group?

You get better answers with more information...

The familiar and greater familiar spells are in from CB1 and the book of magic...the greater familiar spell allows you to get a lesser supernatural minion. Remember that the Dragon would be able to command you, although you could resist - that wouldn't promote a very good relationship..as you would be the dragons guard/scout/spy or perhaps guard/PPE battery/entertainment (did you happen to take the singing skill?)/link to humans. The idea works best if you have another PC playing a dragon in your game or you are the dragon using the Juicer as your familiar (and control it as any other familiar). It doesn't work using the Dragon as an NPC (too much effort for the GM). I had several offers to play my juicer at the time, I suspect it will be just as easy for you to sell someone on the idea of being your dragon....you having you be their dragonrider/familiar. Team characters are fun.

The FIWS are in Juicer uprising.

The Wellington automatic grenade launcher is in Rifts Mercenaries.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

What kind of campaign? What are you going to be facing? Do you know?

You should set your gear up according to what you're going to be doing. As your group is comprised of some pretty heavy hitters I'd assume combat heavy. Explosives are your friend. They don't always do the most damage but have an area effect and can knock opponents down cutting down their actions per melee.

I'd say maybe a suit of modified J.A.P.E. II armor. 210 main body MDC and a few useful integrated weapon/crowd control weapon systems. Maybe have some Naruni Micro-Missile wrist launchers built into the suit. That'd give you 4 micro missiles per arm for a total of 8. So if you fire all 4 off one arm, not only can it not be dodged but they're armor piercing at 6D6MD. So any roll of 18-19 is a critical hit and a roll of 20 does triple damage. So that's an almost guaranteed 24D6 (24-144) damage if you're in trouble if you fire 4 with the possibility of doing double or triple that.

As a main weapon if you want some crazy damage but not have to worry about hitting your buddies go for the Naruni Vulcan Plasma Cartridge ... Machine gun I think it's called... On a burst it does 4D6x10 MD

As far as explosives go, as previously mentioned the WI - GL 21 is a great weapon to mow down almost anything.

The gear in this post can be in the following locations:
J.A.P.E. II - Juicer Uprising
Naruni Micro-Missiles - Phase World Sourcebook
Naruni Vulcan Cannon - Naruni Wave 2
WI - GL 21 - Mercenaries if I recall correctly.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

I'll post it here as well, just for completeness sake.

As a juicer your a mexican jumping bean, so take advantage of it by chosing the heaviest light armor you can get your hands on.

still a fan of the NG particle beam rifle for long arm. It's fairly heavy, but you can lug it with ease.

a solid side arm for those times where you don't have your long arm out. I usually prefer that one wilks laser pistol that does double shots in new west.

pepper spray: not only is it really good for nonlethal one shot kills, if you get in trouble with the law because of it, you can say you were using a weapon of restraint, cause it's less lethal then your fist.

probably get some sort of chem sniffer as well, cause your going to need to keep track of your future meals
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

MD chainsaw. Mandatory Juicer equipment.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)

Return to “Rifts®”