Anti Magic Cloud

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Anti Magic Cloud

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

In your opinions:

Does anti magic cloud negated a mystic drain ward (let assume the wizard is far enough away to cast the spell whilst NOT under the effects of the ward)?

And; if someone was in an AMC whilst a lightning bolt arrow was fired at them would the be hit by the full brunt of a lightning bolt arrow or would the AMC has some sort of affect on the arrow?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Re: Anti Magic Cloud

Unread post by azazel1024 »

If they were in the AMC then the lightning arrow would do nothing. I believe the description for lightning arrow and javeling is that when used they turn right in to a bolt of lightning, not upon striking. In either case I'd say they do nothing, though if it was upon striking then I'd say they'd at least do the physical damage that a normal arrow or javelin would do. Based on the range, etc I'd definitely say they turn right to a bolt of lightning.

Not sure on the mystic drain ward, I'd say it cancels it, but that said the instant the AMC is down, the mystic drain ward is back in effect. Since they pretty much do the same thing its half dozen of one, six of another.
-Matt
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Both of those were kinda my followings to.

Im open to more suggestions from anyone else..
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Anti-Magic Cloud would crush a MED ward like a fly. The only way a MED could win that fight is if it was placed in advance in such a way as to prevent casting of the AMC in the first place, by draining the caster or some such. Once the AMC goes up, even permanance wards under it's sphere of influence are rendered temporarily ineffective.

A Cyclopean lightning arrow fired in to the cloud would, IMO, cease to be upon entering the cloud. I, too, understand it to transform in to a magical lightning bolt upon firing. Here's the thing though, if it was fired in one side of the AMC and out the other, I would rule that it reappears on the other side.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Yeah I think the only thing AMC doesn't impact are rune weapons. I think it even impacts holy weapons (and I know it does permenance wards).
-Matt
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Dark Elf wrote:In your opinions:

Does anti magic cloud negated a mystic drain ward (let assume the wizard is far enough away to cast the spell whilst NOT under the effects of the ward)?

And; if someone was in an AMC whilst a lightning bolt arrow was fired at them would the be hit by the full brunt of a lightning bolt arrow or would the AMC has some sort of affect on the arrow?

no
and
it would be like a spell being cast inside the AMC.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”