Do you want to see Palladium Fantasy:Ultimate Edition?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Do you want to see Palladium Fantasy:Ultimate Edition?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell Me,do you want to see a Palladium FantasyRPG:Ultimate Edition?

I like to see a expansions of and more details on O.C.C,s.

What idea for O.C.C,s special abilities do you have?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Do you want to see Palladium Fantasy:Ultimate Edition?

Unread post by jaymz »

While it may make a modicum of sense to make an Ultimate version of PF I don't think it will happen.

The old vesion actually had specialties for each OCC and theyseemed to go the opposite with the 2nd ed. OCCs use to have OCC specific HTH training and the odd other thing, but it seemed they wer trying to do more of Rifts Fantays type setup. Now that the RUE has been out it should revert to smething more akin to 1st ed for PF with some of hte mods that came about in 2nd ed as well as some thign that have been introduced in RUE.

Example the Range should get similar abilities as the Wilderness scout since they are essentially the same kind of Char just different environments. Paladins could be more like Cyberknights, Soldier/Fighter can get some thigns similar to say a Merc....etc etc also I think the availability of the Elemental Fusionist woudl be good for PF as well.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

No, I do not.

I like PF, and I like the fact that it is still fairly different from RIFTS, which I'm not a big fan of. Anything making it more similar to RIFTS is a losing proposition.

On top of that, we don't even have all the PF books up to the current version. I'd hate to see time and effort wasted on creating a third edition of some of them, while we still need second editions of a couple, and there are many unexplored areas that don't have books at all.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

The only thing I would like to see added to the Palladium Fantasy core book is the PF information from the Cutting Room Floor section of the website.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

gaby wrote:Tell Me,do you want to see a Palladium FantasyRPG:Ultimate Edition?

No.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

I don't want a PF:UE per say. But what I would buy is a PF hardback. Imagine a PF book with a gorgeous color map of the world, some color images of wizards and rangers and dragons... drool. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Simply no.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No No No
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I'm content with the book as is. And I'd rather not see a revised, revised edition before the Old Kingdom is fleshed out.
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

krate wrote:I don't want a PF:UE per say. But what I would buy is a PF hardback. Imagine a PF book with a gorgeous color map of the world, some color images of wizards and rangers and dragons... drool. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

that would be sweet to see a hardback PF book. I have the crimson ED. but that's put up.. but to see full color maps and pics would be great. and i agree with most everyone else when I say No to a PF:UE, finish out the world books Frist before going and trying to do anything like that.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Not until the world is finished >< Then I'd consider it, but there's tooooo much gray space as is. Give me Old Kingdoms, 2nd Edition Yin-Sloth and Island at edge of world, Southwind, LoD3, maybe some added filling on Eastern Kingdoms (Phi and Lopan could use some added details put in something, perhaps a rifter, seems hard to make a full book on just them). Perhaps a UE Palladium core book before the other side of the wall is revealed, MAYBE.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

and don't forget the Wolfen War with the ETs.... that's something i've been waiting for for a Long time now.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
DiceCollector
Wanderer

Unread post by DiceCollector »

A tattoo man !!! I love them in Rifts. AND like everyone else NO Ultimate till the world is done!
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was NO match fo me at kick boxing" -Emo Philips
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

O.k so after a books on Phi,Lopan and land of south winds right?

Any thing else?
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

After Phi & Lopan, Land of South Winds, Old Kingdom 1, Old Kingdom 2, Wolfen Wars, Land of the Damned 3, 2E update of Island at the Edge of the World, 2E Update of Yin Sloth Jungles, the next Mysteries of Magic book(s), ask again. Until then, absolutely not. Even then, still probably not.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

J. Lionheart wrote:After Phi & Lopan, Land of South Winds, Old Kingdom 1, Old Kingdom 2, Wolfen Wars, Land of the Damned 3, 2E update of Island at the Edge of the World, 2E Update of Yin Sloth Jungles, the next Mysteries of Magic book(s), ask again. Until then, absolutely not. Even then, still probably not.

Aye, after this list is done, we're still only looking at a maybe.

Unlike most players, I'm all for complicated as hell classes with cool shiny abilities and very different starting points and progression and would normally jump at the idea of doing so officially for Palladium beyond my own home brew rules. However; These sorts of things are NOT what Palladium's writing staff is best at (sorry if that's a huge shocker or comes off as rude), it's pretty rare for me to see a game mechanic in a PB book that makes me go "Oh that's cool" short of a few stray abilities in D&D or a gem tucked into a random adventure. PB writes epic settings with staggering depth and color that simply isn't matched in anything else. I'd buy their books if it was just 100 Pages of ruleless fluff, because they're simply worth it in that regard. I'd think it best that PB focuses on their strengths, filling out their setting, before trying to patch up their rules.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
ghost2020
Adventurer

Unread post by ghost2020 »

I think a hardcover version of Palladium Fantasy would be nice. Same book, same cover art, just in a hard cover that'd be fine, maybe a color pull-out map of the world. That'd be nice other than that, no changes.

I'd rather see Old Kingdom 1 & 2, Land of Damned 3, etc.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”