blind warrior women

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

elecgraystone
Adventurer

Unread post by elecgraystone »

MrNexx wrote:
Cain wrote:And hey, just drop me a PM if you need a BWW statted out and for some insane reason none of the boys at PB want to do it. I'LL do it for you.

Jason and I are meeting in College Station next weekend to settle who gets to stat out the BWW.

Knives will be involved. I've voted for Rogaland style discussion, but he doesn't have the stomach for it.
Maybe a good old monkey knife fight? :D
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

elecgraystone wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Cain wrote:And hey, just drop me a PM if you need a BWW statted out and for some insane reason none of the boys at PB want to do it. I'LL do it for you.

Jason and I are meeting in College Station next weekend to settle who gets to stat out the BWW.

Knives will be involved. I've voted for Rogaland style discussion, but he doesn't have the stomach for it.
Maybe a good old monkey knife fight? :D

I'm fighting Jason... so, yeah, I'm getting my shots. ;-)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Apollo Okamura
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Apollo Okamura »

Just thought I'd drop in to let you know I've posted the colour version of the Blind Warrior Woman (from the D-Bees of NA sourcebook) up on my website.

Now to get started on the shower scene! :?
elecgraystone
Adventurer

sawg138 wrote:
Apollo Okamura wrote:Just thought I'd drop in to let you know I've posted the colour version of the Blind Warrior Woman (from the D-Bees of NA sourcebook) up on my website.

Now to get started on the shower scene! :?

Dude, most awesome. :ok:
I'll second that. :D
Apollo Okamura

Ack!
It's now almost 5:00am and I have to start my drive soon over to Palladium... there's no way I'm going to be able to finish the shower scene in time for the Open House. :(
Sorry guys...
I will bring (1) preview colour print of how it looks so far to the show, and I'll definitely be finishing it when I return.
Apollo Okamura

A picture of what I what was completed so far, has been posted on my site in the Sketches section.
This will be the same preview pic I'm bringing to the show.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

It certainly has potential.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

They are naturally blind. There is nothing to fix.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Dr. Doom III wrote:They are naturally blind. There is nothing to fix.
OMG an appearance by Doom!!! What you been doing this time around?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

:-? Hey Apollo the sketch seems to make her butt look huge. Shouldn't the connection to the leg be slight furter back? I mean shouldn't the leg be coming out of the lower part of her rear rather than directly under her torso? I suppose that since this will remain somewhat PG there will be no lighting from below? :( BTW what happened to the hair? KS said they weren't bald.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Apollo Okamura

Hehe, well it IS a rough after all, so there's tons of mistakes! 'Course working on it at 5am doesn't help either :P

There will be lighting below, she will have an actual face, there'll be chains, and her clothes will be ripped, her eye won't be glowing, her body will be less exaggerated, she won't be all blurry, just to name a few things planned for it. :)

As to her hair... It's true they're not created bald. I haven't decided if I'm going to add hair or not. If she's bald in the picture she may still be a slave, or recent splugorth escapee, which might be cool, but then everyone will say, "see they're bald, look at the picture!"
Don't know yet.... I'm sorta' leaning to short hair, mostly for that reason. :-?
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Zer0 Kay wrote:OMG an appearance by Doom!!! What you been doing this time around?

Getting unbanned on Sound Off.
Getting banned on Sound Off.

The usual. :)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:OMG an appearance by Doom!!! What you been doing this time around?

Getting banned on Sound Off.

The usual. :)

So when they bann you from Sound Off they bann you from everything? :( Doom your just too evil.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

duck-foot wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote::-? Hey Apollo the sketch seems to make her butt look huge. Shouldn't the connection to the leg be slight furter back? I mean shouldn't the leg be coming out of the lower part of her rear rather than directly under her torso? I suppose that since this will remain somewhat PG there will be no lighting from below? :( BTW what happened to the hair? KS said they weren't bald.

your complaning about the butt being to large. what... there suppose to be uhmm... sexually exaderated.

i like big butts, and i cannot lie. you brothers cant deny

everyone knew that was coming sooner or later. and its better from me than rat_bastard
... but if it comes from rat_bastard we get to shorten his name... with you foot just doesn't seem like much of an insult, heel though. :P Anyways, a but that sticks out two feet is NOT attractive.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

My Pythoniod don't want none if she aint got buns! :P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

rat_bastard wrote:My Pythoniod don't want none if she aint got buns! :P
Was that supposed to be Pythonoid, bastard?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

Dude, its a intelligent snake race from Spylnn dimensional market. Its a more geeky reference than "my anaconda don't want none".
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

sawg138 wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Dude, its a intelligent snake race from Spylnn dimensional market. Its a more geeky reference than "my anaconda don't want none".

And a good one at that, until Zer0 Kay blew it by needing an explanation.
How is it a good one if he means Pythonoid and can't even spell it? Unless of course the Pythoniod is the mutant snakes prefered MP3 player. "Now, from the race that brought us the first Apple... Python I od with 32MB of MP3 storage and playback capability and a monochrome screen." The peak of golden age tech... just like the hand held mini-computer. :)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

sawg138 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

How is it a good one if he means Pythonoid and can't even spell it? Unless of course the Pythoniod is the mutant snakes prefered MP3 player. "Now, from the race that brought us the first Apple... Python I od with 32MB of MP3 storage and playback capability and a monochrome screen." The peak of golden age tech... just like the hand held mini-computer. :)

We are used to Palladium editing and Chico's posts. Rat's misspell was trivial in comparison.
Eh... good point... but I still want to buy that Python I od for that uber sized 32MB portable drive!! :P You know it is amazing that a rodent without a father can even spell in the first place and second that he can type with little paws.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

sawg138 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

How is it a good one if he means Pythonoid and can't even spell it? Unless of course the Pythoniod is the mutant snakes preferred MP3 player. "Now, from the race that brought us the first Apple... Python I od with 32MB of MP3 storage and playback capability and a monochrome screen." The peak of golden age tech... just like the hand held mini-computer. :)

We are used to Palladium editing and Chico's posts. Rat's misspell was trivial in comparison.
Eh... good point... but I still want to buy that Python I od for that uber sized 32MB portable drive!! :P You know it is amazing that a rodent without a father can even spell in the first place and second that he can type with little paws.

Better than some humans at that. Our Illegitimate Rodent is a rat of many talents.
Yes, including... HEY WHERE IS MY CHEESE!!! BASTARD RAT!!!! :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

sawg138 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:Yes, including... HEY WHERE IS MY CHEESE!!! BASTARD RAT!!!! :D

Exactly.
:-( I still want to know where my cheese is though :(
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Re: blind warrior women

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Retired Juicer wrote:Logically they cannot have vision.

As they have been biologically crafted to lack sight as a sense, and to instead have they're senses comprised of Radar, super hearing and psionics. It is not that they have eyes that do not work, it is a matter of them not having eye's, optic nerves or (potentially) even an area of the brain that can process information from those kinds of organs. One could postulate that these areas have been given over to the senses that compensate for the "blindness".

Similar to how human beings do not perceive electrical energy as sharks do, we are not built to, we lack most if not everything that would make such a thing possible.

If you subscribe to the above idea, then in order to grant sight to an Altara you would have to modify them with Genetics, Eugenics, Gene-Splicing, Bio-Wizardry or similar.

Something that could reshape, regrow, or attach new areas to the brain.
Interesting interpretation, but I'm wondering what you're basing this on.

*Edit* Atlantis, p51, states "All warrior women are born blind." I read that as having non-functional eyes, rather than having no eyes at all. Although the eyes could be non-functional due to optic nerve or brain alteration. I rule all BWWs have eyes which are covered by a milky white film.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Retired Juicer wrote:Logically they cannot have vision.

As they have been biologically crafted to lack sight as a sense, and to instead have they're senses comprised of Radar, super hearing and psionics. It is not that they have eyes that do not work, it is a matter of them not having eye's, optic nerves or (potentially) even an area of the brain that can process information from those kinds of organs. One could postulate that these areas have been given over to the senses that compensate for the "blindness".

Similar to how human beings do not perceive electrical energy as sharks do, we are not built to, we lack most if not everything that would make such a thing possible.

If you subscribe to the above idea, then in order to grant sight to an Altara you would have to modify them with Genetics, Eugenics, Gene-Splicing, Bio-Wizardry or similar.

Something that could reshape, regrow, or attach new areas to the brain.

I like this answer.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Retired Juicer wrote:Was just a jump in logic, "Born Blind" is actually pretty subjective.

If I recall correctly, haven't reviewed the books lately...

In Atlantis, Warrior Women are described as being foreign creatures to the point that even the Splugorth have trouble comprehending they're biology.

In D-bees of NA, they are ret-conned as being custom made warrior minions, MADE by the Splugorth.

If the above discrepancy does exist, then I was going with the newer background and with it the following line of logic:

We made them to have spatial awareness out to 400' without the use of eyes, the organs are now extraneous. Lets get rid of them.

And that sir, is what I'm basing my interpretation on :)
No, the Splugorth haven't gotten their cloning process fully figured out. Though the cloning process can be initiated in a laboratory (anyone want to picture a Splugorth lab?), but not duplicated. The rest is pretty easy. "All warrior women are born blind, but are otherwise anatomically complete and healthy." and "Symbiotic, cybernetic, magic and even genetic modifications or additions are not passed on to the clone."

The wording is vague and they could have everything but visual organs, but since they seem to be compared to humans (mention of "there are no blind warrior men and the women are sterile") makes me think the women have non-functional vision organs.

But this is Rifts and logic need not (and usually doesn't) apply.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

elecgraystone wrote:I've been wondering about this for a while and thought this would be as good a time as any to ask.
Can a altara have her blindness fixed?
I know they are born blind, but could these things fix that.
Bio-wizard eyes.
Cybernetic eyes.
optic nerve video implant.
(Knowing the splugorth experiment on them, i'm sure all of these have been tried)

And if their blindness could be fixed, how would if affect their abilities?

Yes thier Blindness can be fixed. There is nuthing anywhere canonly speaking that would hint at them not being able to use Cybernetic Eyes, or even Bio-Wizard eyes.

Hope this helps.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Their enhanced senses are at least partially psychic in nature rather than the product of exotic organs, unless that's how you explain psionics.

As for anatomically correct, obviously they are anatomically correct for them. But the write up is implying a comparison to humans, even if poorly. Still, YMMV.

And so long as Palladium's very own Hentai warrior women are in use, something is right in the world.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Retired Juicer wrote:I redact some if not most of my previous statements:

After having some time to peruse the new entry for Altara Blind Warrior Women in D-bees of NA, I have discovered the following:

Spoiler alert! They began life as TRUE ATLANTEANS! After years of Genetic tweaking (now officially inflicted on them by the Splugorth) they are functionally human females who are blind, have crazy powers and live for something like 90 years instead of thousands. Weather or not True-Atlanteans even know that the Altara began life as Atlanteans is anybodies guess.

See the line in their descriptive text that reads: Often wear a headdress/helmet to disguise they're Atlantean roots.

We're not talking hair plugs or blindness here people, that single line is pretty clear.

Another interesting thing that changed between the entry presented in Atlantis and the entry in D-bees is that instead of 25% of all warrior women being not content with their lives as slaves (and possibly just mad enough to do something about it) that number is now a much more reasonable sounding 2%.

Frickin' hilarious.
Cheesy.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Retired Juicer wrote:Spoiler alert! They began life as TRUE ATLANTEANS! After years of Genetic tweaking (now officially inflicted on them by the Splugorth) they are functionally human females who are blind, have crazy powers and live for something like 90 years instead of thousands. Weather or not True-Atlanteans even know that the Altara began life as Atlanteans is anybodies guess.

No, we didn't know, I'll bring it up at the next interdimensional picnic and family reunion.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

atlantean also applies to the people/beings/entities/whatevers who are currently living in atlantis. as such, the blind warrior women are atlanteans. so are the splugorth slavers. so are the kydians, and the kittani. or at least, the ones that are living in atlantis at present. which are the ones that description was likely dealing with when it was written.
Khanibal
Hero

Shark_Force wrote:atlantean also applies to the people/beings/entities/whatevers who are currently living in atlantis. as such, the blind warrior women are atlanteans. so are the splugorth slavers. so are the kydians, and the kittani. or at least, the ones that are living in atlantis at present. which are the ones that description was likely dealing with when it was written.

Kind of like being American even though your ancestors were mostly German with a smattering of French and Irish.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Shark_Force wrote:atlantean also applies to the people/beings/entities/whatevers who are currently living in atlantis. as such, the blind warrior women are atlanteans. so are the splugorth slavers. so are the kydians, and the kittani. or at least, the ones that are living in atlantis at present. which are the ones that description was likely dealing with when it was written.
Moot point if the entry uses the words, "True Atlantean," which specifically signifies the original inhabitants who produce Undead Slayers.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
elecgraystone
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:Moot point if the entry uses the words, "True Atlantean," which specifically signifies the original inhabitants who produce Undead Slayers.
It doesn't. D-bee's of NA says they are a 'human or human-like race' taken over by the splugorth. The helmet quote was indeed meant as the generic 'Atlantean'.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

elecgraystone wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Moot point if the entry uses the words, "True Atlantean," which specifically signifies the original inhabitants who produce Undead Slayers.
It doesn't. D-bee's of NA says they are a 'human or human-like race' taken over by the splugorth. The helmet quote was indeed meant as the generic 'Atlantean'.
That makes all the difference.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Khanibal
Hero

Retired Juicer wrote:I mean, I like StarTrek as much as the next guy, but I don't like meeting a new D-bee every gaming session, that is obviously a man in a rubber suit, or simply has a fake third nipple made of chewing gum.

I think if the BWW had a third nipple of any substance the cover art on the old RIFTS core book would have made it obvoius.
:D

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Khanibal wrote:
Retired Juicer wrote:I mean, I like StarTrek as much as the next guy, but I don't like meeting a new D-bee every gaming session, that is obviously a man in a rubber suit, or simply has a fake third nipple made of chewing gum.

I think if the BWW had a third nipple of any substance the cover art on the old RIFTS core book would have made it obvoius.
:D

no, no, you've got it all wrong... it's plain to see that the BWW fall under the "[wo]man in a rubber suit" category.
Khanibal
Hero

Male characters are -1D4 to iniative, and -3 to save vs psionics, HOWEVER, anyone attempting to probe his mind takes 2D4 temporary M.E. damage.

Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

Everytime someone says "BWW" I keep reading that as "BBW" and I tell you, the mental image it produces doesn't make that rubber skin suit nearly as flattering as they are in the artwork.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Kalidor wrote:Everytime someone says "BWW" I keep reading that as "BBW" and I tell you, the mental image it produces doesn't make that rubber skin suit nearly as flattering as they are in the artwork.
Perhaps you should get off the Craig's List personals. :P
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The way I have the BWW, is that they are a constructed race. But it's not the Splugei that did so. That the Splugorth found a planet that the locals had constructed the BWW as a defense against invaders. The S killed off the locals and took the BWW to be their own 'product'.
I've posted the specifics around here somewhere.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Apollo Okamura

Eight years later... Finally drew this thing!

Return to “Rifts®”