Defense against Disruptive Touch?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greeter
Wanderer

Defense against Disruptive Touch?

Unread post by Greeter »

Greetings All,

Does anyone know of a defense against Disruptive Touch, a Major Super Ability, found in Heroes Unlimited?

It states there are no bonuses.

Would it work the same way in Rifts? Are there creatures, such as dragons, gods, and splugorth who would be immune to it? Would Bio Manipulation, a heal spell, or any other spell, undo the effects of it?
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!
Prysus
Champion

Re: Defense against Disruptive Touch?

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetngs and Salutations. Well, there are a few thoughts on your answer, or more like a few references.

1) In the HU book, it mentions restrictions (such as physical contact) and those that are immune to it overall (just for the HU setting). Those same restrictions would carry over to Rifts. That actually protects most mortals in a standard battle (since if they're in EBA, PA, Robot, force fields, etc.). That's already a restiction, which shouldn't be ignored.

2) There are additional notes listed on its conversion to Rifts in Rifts Conversion Book One. In the original book it's on page 47. In the Revised Edition it's on page 48. It mentions notes in regards to Creatures of Magic and Supernatural Beings. I can't list those here as I'm fairly sure that would be against forum rules. However, you at least have a book and page number to reference. Hope that helps.

3) It's range is "Touch" which means the character will need to make contact with the victim. Which, from what I can tell, would mean the character must first roll to Strike, have it hit, then hope the victim saves. That helps to increase the chances to save, as if they can avoid the attack in the first place then there is no need to save at all. Of course, for a victim to be aware of the possibility of such an attack he/she likely had to see the character use it on someone else first (or have good intel). Note: Parrying may count as contact, so dodging the attack may be required to fully avoid its affects.

Okay, those are the notes I wanted to mention. I hope some of those will help. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Greeter wrote:Greetings All,

Does anyone know of a defense against Disruptive Touch, a Major Super Ability, found in Heroes Unlimited?

A body consisting of lava, fire, electricity, or plasma should do the trick
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Something that has no physical body to touch, such as an astral entity, would not be effected.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Greeter
Wanderer

Unread post by Greeter »

Thank you, especially to you Prysus! That was very helpful! :)
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!

Return to “Rifts®”