Repair through Salvage!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cchopps
Adventurer

Repair through Salvage!

Unread post by cchopps »

I think a big part of many folks' game is the repair through salvage. You kill a SAMAS, use the salvage to patch up your suit of Crusader or Speedster Hovercycle.

What rules do people use for this? If you have a 3 suits of headless SAMAS to work with, what percentage of main body MDC could an operator use to patch up the party's goods?

Or if you're using the SB1-Revised Salvage rules, how much MDC could you get from a 100 credit ton of robot slag with the right skills, equipment, and enough time?

C. Chopps
MikelAmroni
Hero

Re: Repair through Salvage!

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Common sense applies, but were I running a game with a decent operator in it, I'd go a 5 to 1 ration of salvaged armor to repaired armor, and add 50% to the time required (after all, you do have to strip it before you can use it, and you may have to reshape it entirely). Operators then have the ability to reduce this time by other means, but that is where I'd start.

Components would be more like 2 (or maybe 3) to 1. Get three targetting computers, with some soldering and creative rewiring, you can rebuild one that works pretty well. It takes time, but its effective and integrates well as long as the operator is involved in all future repairs.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
killhound
Explorer

Unread post by killhound »

just destroy the heads and you get plenty of salvage even fully functional pa of course without heads
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

killhound wrote:just destroy the heads and you get plenty of salvage even fully functional pa of course without heads

:lol:

You gave me a friggen hilarious idea .. LLW in a NONE Enviormental Samas suit .. :lol:

Dump the Helmut, Gloves, Gauntlests, Arms = Easily able to cast now that your in a suit that consists of leggins an a Chest piece sitting on a Rocket :lol:

Return to “Rifts®”