Love Bot/Borg cost?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Re: Love Bot/Borg cost?

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

May I be the first to ask......
huh???? Why is this even coming up? I'm tempted to ignore this completely. but I wont.

I'd say cost should be nearly equivalent to combat borg/robot costs, due to demand. Remember, its all related to the market.

People pay alot for fun, especially those who have the time, money, and are jaded enough to buy a pleasure doll/borg/robot.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Her neon mouth with the blinking soft smile
Is nothing but an electric sign
You could say she has an individual style
She's part of a colorful time

Super-sealed lady, chrome-color clothes
You wear 'cause you have no other
But I suppose no one knows
You're my plastic fantastic lover

Your rattlin' cough never shuts off
Is nothin' but a used machine
Your aluminum finish, slightly diminished
Is the best I ever have seen

Cosmetic baby plugged into me
And never ever find another
And I realize no one's wise
To my plastic fantastic lover

The electrical dust is starting to rust
Her trapezoid thermometer taste
All the red tape is mechanical rape
Of the TV program waste

Data control and IBM
Science is mankind's brother
But all I see is drainin' me
On my plastic fantastic lover

Find a comparable bot's M.D.C.
And if your loveborg needs M.D.C. what the hell are you doing to the poor thing? :p
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Spoiler:
Natasha wrote:Her neon mouth with the blinking soft smile
Is nothing but an electric sign
You could say she has an individual style
She's part of a colorful time

Super-sealed lady, chrome-color clothes
You wear 'cause you have no other
But I suppose no one knows
You're my plastic fantastic lover

Your rattlin' cough never shuts off
Is nothin' but a used machine
Your aluminum finish, slightly diminished
Is the best I ever have seen

Cosmetic baby plugged into me
And never ever find another
And I realize no one's wise
To my plastic fantastic lover

The electrical dust is starting to rust
Her trapezoid thermometer taste
All the red tape is mechanical rape
Of the TV program waste

Data control and IBM
Science is mankind's brother
But all I see is drainin' me
On my plastic fantastic lover

Find a comparable bot's M.D.C.
And if your loveborg needs M.D.C. what the hell are you doing to the poor thing? :p

Sexy! lol.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

TrumbachD wrote:your right I hadn't considered the demand, only the manufacturing cost.
But as to your first question, selfish aligned characters might very easily traffick in such things. Plus they are a fixture in many Sci Fi universes.
BTW: is there a source that gives info on cost and mental attributes for artificial intelligence on rifts earth? It didn't seem to be included in RUE.

I'm pretty sure that there's a book on robot construction, one of the early ones actually.
Gah I can't remember the title for the life of me.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

TrumbachD wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:Find a comparable bot's M.D.C.

By Suggesting Biosystems I meant to suggest S.D.C. Materials, sorry I didn't specify .

And what is the most human-like, least armed bot?[/quote]
Hm. You could tune down a skelebot by 50% or more for armour stats, I think.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

TrumbachD wrote:We know from our own world that highly advanced loved dolls are very popular, and that these can cost several thousand dollars (U.S.). Why wouldn't such things exist on Rifts Earth and/or Phase world? But considering the costs and capabilities listed for other types of bots, what would the *cost* and capailities of a non-combat, single-purpose-programmed, Mail-order Bot or Borg be?
1)obviously a bit less expensive than a tricked-out killing machine.
2)Since slavery of living beings is obviously unconscionable, such a Bot or Borg woulld obviously need an artificial Intelligence, albeit limited Perhaps the equivalent of an Artificial Biosystem brain with an IQ and ME of 7-8 seems about right from the info on low Attributes in RUE. but, given its purpose, it might be programmed with a slightly higher MA. but how much higher?
3)in order to be realistic, such a Bot or Borg would most likely be made from Artificial Bio-systems with PS, PP, and PE as stated for those systems but the original Rifts Main Book doesn't seem to list a Chest/Main Body SDC in the Bio sytems section (Did I just read it wrong?).
That's all i've got so far, anybody else got any ideas?

1. Not necessarily, since the machine you describe would have to be tricked-out in other ways.
2. I don't believe they have any borgs that are not living beings.
3. It might be doable to have a borg with a biosystems main body, but again, it would still be a person.

Grab SB1 and build yourself the robot you want. It'll have the price for most of the options you're looking for (realistic skin overlay, hair, etc.).
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

So I guess that in Rifts if you're a sexbot taking one or two the chin can be lethal. :shock:
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

TrumbachD wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:May I be the first to ask......
huh???? Why is this even coming up?

There are several possibilities for such a body, In addition to a Sexually preprogrammed AI, you could put a real brain in a minimal SDC, Low attribute borg for medical purposes, essentially a full body prosthesis for conditions ranging from spinal injury, ALS, or MS, or any other condition that limits movement/mobility. Also an aging or terminally ill person might make use of such a conversion. although RUE doesn't specify how much life extension one can get from a Borg conversion.

Can survive well past 200 years in a metallic body, while new parts added to a biological being may last 100 or more years every time they are replaced, the brain itself isn't likely to go past 300 years. this is mentioned over the course of various books. There is an implant that increases the lifespan of the brain indefinately at the cost of your sanity, but thats is rather difficult to acquire.

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

TrumbachD wrote:

There are several possibilities for such a body, In addition to a Sexually preprogrammed AI, you could put a real brain in a minimal SDC, Low attribute borg for medical purposes, essentially a full body prosthesis for conditions ranging from spinal injury, ALS, or MS, or any other condition that limits movement/mobility. Also an aging or terminally ill person might make use of such a conversion. although RUE doesn't specify how much life extension one can get from a Borg conversion.

Wait, are you saying that you'd want a love bot that was once a terminally ill older person, and that they'd be ok being your lovedoll, so that they don't have to die?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Natasha wrote:So I guess that in Rifts if you're a sexbot taking one or two the chin can be lethal. :shock:
Only if servicing those with SN PS.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Prettz
D-Bee
Comment: Mrs. TAF

Unread post by Prettz »

Marrowlight wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:

Wait, are you saying that you'd want a love bot that was once a terminally ill older person, and that they'd be ok being your lovedoll, so that they don't have to die?

Is it getting hot in here?

It IS getting hot in here.
A SIMPLE CHOICE OF TURTLE
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Natasha wrote:So I guess that in Rifts if you're a sexbot taking one or two the chin can be lethal. :shock:
Only if servicing those with SN PS.

oooo I thought the bot was all S.D.C. materials.

Top Dollar: I think we broke her.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Marrowlight wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:

Hump, death. Hump, death. Hump, death.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Prettz wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:

Is it getting hot in here?

It IS getting hot in here.

*cues Nelly*

(not our Nelly)
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

TrumbachD wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:

NO!

Yes would have made for a much more interesting story. :)
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Natasha wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:

NO!

Yes would have made for a much more interesting story. :)

I agree, but a mentally ill younger person with a real body is much cheaper.

cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

man, I've seen what an errant jelly sandwhich can do to a computer, I'd rather not have to deal with "other" substances in my high priced gadgets
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man, I've seen what an errant jelly sandwhich can do to a computer, I'd rather not have to deal with "other" substances in my high priced gadgets

You'd have it sealed and wate.....er.......fluid proofed silly. :roll:

We sick...er.......inventers think about these things ya'know. A lot.

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I agree, but a mentally ill younger person with a real body is much cheaper.

That's so unbelievably wrong but somehow it's still right!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Natasha wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I agree, but a mentally ill younger person with a real body is much cheaper.

:bandit: If their family, then their free! :ok:

*sigh* being evil is hard......

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
Natasha wrote:

:bandit: If their family, then their free! :ok:

*sigh* being evil is hard......

I. Hadn't heard.

but being hard is good *whistle innocently*
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

OK, that one almost broke my brain.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

TrumbachD wrote:
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man, I've seen what an errant jelly sandwhich can do to a computer, I'd rather not have to deal with "other" substances in my high priced gadgets

You'd have it sealed and wate.....er.......fluid proofed silly. :roll:
That brings up the AR Issue again, I suggested 5 earlier do you think this is about right?

Well if it's 5 why have AR at all?

You could go up to 10 and probably most could still backhand their sexbot without embarrassment of missing.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

TrumbachD wrote:We know from our own world that highly advanced loved dolls are very popular, and that these can cost several thousand dollars (U.S.). Why wouldn't such things exist on Rifts Earth and/or Phase world? But considering the costs and capabilities listed for other types of bots, what would the *cost* and capabilities of a non-combat, single-purpose-programmed, Mail-order Bot or Borg be?
2)Since slavery of living beings is obviously unconscionable, such a Bot or Borg would obviously need an artificial Intelligence, albeit limited Perhaps the equivalent of an Artificial Bio-system brain with an IQ and ME of 7-8 seems about right from the info on low Attributes in RUE. but, given its purpose, it might be programmed with a slightly higher MA. but how much higher?
3)in order to be realistic, such a Bot or Borg would most likely be made from Artificial Bio-systems with PS, PP, and PE as stated for those systems but the original Rifts Main Book doesn't seem to list a Chest/Main Body SDC in the Bio-systems section (Did I just read it wrong?).

Sounds like some of the boomers from Bubblegum Crisis. Which also brings up the movie BladeRunner.
Then there is also Masamune Shiro's "Ghost in the Shell" series, which love/companion bots are in the lexicon.

Other places you might look are the Japan book (cloned bodies) or just build a bot from the robot section in RSB1 (A.R.C.H.I.E.) or if you don't have that HU2 or HU1, AU, HU:GG, RT:TSC (Janice M. 2.0) or RT2:Sentinels (Janice M. 1.0)[not sure about the RT2:S version is there.], CyberMage in Between the shadows, Rifts Bionic Sourcebook.

I would double the cost for the AI if you are linking it up to a Flesh and Blood body, or Add 50% of the base cost for using bio-systems.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

TrumbachD wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:We know from our own world that highly advanced loved dolls are very popular, and that these can cost several thousand dollars (U.S.). Why wouldn't such things exist on Rifts Earth and/or Phase world? But considering the costs and capabilities listed for other types of bots, what would the *cost* and capailities of a non-combat, single-purpose-programmed, Mail-order Bot or Borg be?
2)Since slavery of living beings is obviously unconscionable, such a Bot or Borg woulld obviously need an artificial Intelligence, albeit limited Perhaps the equivalent of an Artificial Biosystem brain with an IQ and ME of 7-8 seems about right from the info on low Attributes in RUE. but, given its purpose, it might be programmed with a slightly higher MA. but how much higher?
3)in order to be realistic, such a Bot or Borg would most likely be made from Artificial Bio-systems with PS, PP, and PE as stated for those systems but the original Rifts Main Book doesn't seem to list a Chest/Main Body SDC in the Bio sytems section (Did I just read it wrong?).

1. Not necessarily, since the machine you describe would have to be tricked-out in other ways.
2. I don't believe they have any borgs that are not living beings.
3. It might be doable to have a borg with a biosystems main body, but again, it would still be a person.

Grab SB1 and build yourself the robot you want. It'll have the price for most of the options you're looking for (realistic skin overlay, hair, etc.).

That's why I included the suggestion of a 'Bot as an alternative to a borg wich would contain a real persons, brain. I only suggested Artificial Biosytems since they're made to be the most realistic.

That's because they're actual flesh, for the most part.
I don't recall any place describing them as being viable for bots, though.

BTW, does SB1 include actual Mental Attributes numbers for artificial intelligences?

I believe so.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Marrowlight wrote:OK, that one almost broke my brain.

Which one, the underage mentally impaired love slave, the one thats family, or the "fluid" sealed bot?

POST COUNT OF 666, I HOPE EDITS DONT COUNT>
Last edited by Ziggurat the Eternal on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

huh???? Why is this even coming up? I'm tempted to ignore this completely. but I wont.

I'd say cost should be nearly equivalent to combat borg/robot costs, due to demand. Remember, its all related to the market.

People pay alot for fun, especially those who have the time, money, and are jaded enough to buy a pleasure doll/borg/robot.

...and it gets worse in REALLY decadent places like Splynn, where we'll just mention in passing the market in sex-toy symbiotes...(looks away whistling)...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Marrowlight
Knight

Marrowlight wrote:OK, that one almost broke my brain.

Which one, the underage mentally impaired love slave, the one thats family, or the "fluid" sealed bot?

POST COUNT OF 666, I HOPE EDITS DONT COUNT>

Neither. But I can't really describe the thought without getting banned.

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Probably some hecho en Mexico* as well.

* "made in Mexico"
taalismn
Priest

TrumbachD wrote:and it gets worse in REALLY decadent places like Splynn, where we'll just mention in passing the market in sex-toy symbiotes...(looks away whistling)...

That's exactly the kind of place I originally envisioned this kind of Robot or Borg being acquired. particularly by selfish and/or evil aligned persons.[/quote]

Hell, the red light district in Splynn would put descriptions of Robert E. Howard's Shadizar the Wicked to shame....

Extra evil points for imprisoned Transferred Intelligences or trapped cyborged brains....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

Actually the idea of a completly brainwashed slave being given a super light full conversion makeover for whatever purposes the buyer intended is a really good idea and would command top dollar on the slave market, no wearing out and no need to replace them after they get too old to perform their intended functon. A buyer could also look toward future upgrades for thinks like protection body guard duty and such.
Last edited by Ale Golem on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Ale Golem wrote:Actuallt the idea of a completly brainwashed slave being given a super light full conversion makeover for whatever purposes the buyer intended is a really good idea and would command top dollar on the slave market, no wearing out and no need to replace them after they get too old to perform their intended functon. A buyer could also look toward future upgrades for thinks like protection body guard duty and such.

Probably not the upgrades Ziggurat had in mind, but yea. ;-)
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Natasha wrote:
Ale Golem wrote:Actuallt the idea of a completly brainwashed slave being given a super light full conversion makeover for whatever purposes the buyer intended is a really good idea and would command top dollar on the slave market, no wearing out and no need to replace them after they get too old to perform their intended functon. A buyer could also look toward future upgrades for thinks like protection body guard duty and such.

Probably not the upgrades Ziggurat had in mind, but yea. ;-)

Ill have you know I have no mind, much less thoughts that may intrude into one.
I am the condensed will of blah blah blah. You get the drift.

taalismn
Priest

For some dark and scary minds it's not enough to have static beauty at one's beck and call...for some, it's having a captive will at one's beck and call that's the real turn-on...

THis presents all sorts of problems for rescuers...how do you rehabilitate somebody who's been cyborgized and nueral-wired to be a slave? Besides the problems of re-openning all sorts of emotional wounds in somebody who's likely amped up reflex-wise above human average, there's the problem of back-up 'sleeper' programs popping up just when everybody thinks the cyberdamsel's all well and fine, and doing something like running back to master, or betraying the rescuers and their organization...

A cyborg (ex)pleasure-slave could be a marvelous PC(angst, recurring enemies, maybe insider information on them..), an interesting companion NPC, or a really tragic storyline...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

taalismn wrote:

For some dark and scary minds it's not enough to have static beauty at one's beck and call...for some, it's having a captive will at one's beck and call that's the real turn-on...

THis presents all sorts of problems for rescuers...how do you rehabilitate somebody who's been cyborgized and nueral-wired to be a slave? Besides the problems of re-openning all sorts of emotional wounds in somebody who's likely amped up reflex-wise above human average, there's the problem of back-up 'sleeper' programs popping up just when everybody thinks the cyberdamsel's all well and fine, and doing something like running back to master, or betraying the rescuers and their organization...

A cyborg (ex)pleasure-slave could be a marvelous PC(angst, recurring enemies, maybe insider information on them..), an interesting companion NPC, or a really tragic storyline...

Sounds interesting, but I don't let my player experiment with that kind of deviant behavior, however if someone normal came along, I'd let them play it out.

Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

taalismn wrote:

Sounds interesting, but I don't let my player experiment with that kind of deviant behavior, however if someone normal came along, I'd let them play it out.
Lol, probably the same reason our group of GMs won't let a certain player roll up a pleasure bunny character. Wow, that would be a really fun character to play, full coversion borg who was an escaped slave of some deviant "duke/dutchess" who used them as a plaything for themselves and guests. I'm thinking manic depressive at minimum and possibly several other fears that express themselves in the dark or confined spaces.
taalismn
Priest

Or they go to red alert every time they see anything pink and frilly, hear Barry White, or spot stilleto heels...

Anybody see the episode of the ol' 'Mork and MIndy' show where the terrestrial idea of a romantic evening(curtains, lights turned down low, candles, soft music)...just happens to be the set-up of an Orkan police punishment sentence/torture session?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Lol, that's awesome.
Last edited by Ale Golem on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

maybe the lovebot/sexaroid being used at some lor/ladys party catches the eye of a guest, he falls in love at first sight and hires PC's to "save the beautiful damsel held captive by the evil soandso"

the cost might actually be pretty high as those things might be "outlawed" where ever your creation is going to, also really reccomend a high PB stat (no one wants an ugly sex doll) :D
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Perhaps you could come up with bundled skill packages with the option of programming in more if the buyer is willing to spend the credits.

A little more P.P. to put them over average (especially if you have a dancerbot).
Maybe less Spd, you don't want them out running you. :p
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I think MoM implants that enhance sense of touch and sex drive are more likely and cheaper than making a love borg.

I just typed that, that happened.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

argos wrote:Im sure prostitution isnt outlawed in many places and is prolly more fun and alot cheaper

There's advantages and disadvantages to both strategies.

Also: owning a sexbot doesn't preclude you from getting hookers and the other way round, too.

So maybe the sexbot needs to be like Mr. Potato head...different eyes, lips, hell, a whole different head.
High tech skin that changes colours and densities here and there, too.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

TrumbachD wrote:Do you mean like the borg Cyber disguise

I might :oops:

I'm not all that read up on Rifts borgs..... :|
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:If you want to be totally evil and torture someone, you could put them in a light but durable borg body with an A.I. override that automatically switches on at voice command, so they're forced to watch themselves comply to your every whim when they don't want to (extra evil points for making the body look exactly like their old one and paying extra for the ability for them to feel sensations). You could also rewire the pleasure centers of the brain to a chip that kicks them into overdrive everytime it identifies the villian's voice.
Literally have them hanging on every word.
One of my player groups once rescued an elf who was enslaved to an evil wizard. He paid to have an obedience symbiote grown and attached to her, that basically was a permanent form of hypnotic suggestion, but made sure she was aware that anything she did was not her own choosing. Turns out that her family had owed his family a debt more than a hundred years earlier, and because of her lifespan she'd literally been inherited by two generations of this guy's family. They killed the guy, and rescued her...then had to kill his son who was a merc who was ticked off that they'd stolen his inheritance.
One of the players was an anarchist temporal wizard and the group almost came to in-game blows when he suggested they leave the symbiote in and have her do the upkeep on their Stormspire HQ.

:lol: :badbad: :lol: That IS pretty twisted!!
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
taalismn
Priest

TrumbachD wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:I think MoM implants that enhance sense of touch and sex drive are more likely and cheaper than making a love borg.

I just typed that, that happened.

Good idea except since those tend to cause insanity you may not want one that close, how about a new juicer, theNympho-Juicer.

We already have Viagra-Juicers in the current era...witb similar chemically-assisted burn-out-drop-dead lifespans.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Seems to me that the cyber-humanoid would be your best bet for a sex-borg, with perhaps some of the personality modifying stuff from mindwerks. Actually that would make for an interesting slave borg type character. Enhanced strength so they can work, doing whatever menial tasks you might want, enhanced looks and sexual organs (the adjusting breast implants from Japan come to mind - as do the cyber disguises), and personality modifying chips to make them compliant. PC can be one that has escaped their captors, or perhaps been kidnapped by those who have.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
taalismn
Priest

MikelAmroni wrote:Seems to me that the cyber-humanoid would be your best bet for a sex-borg, with perhaps some of the personality modifying stuff from mindwerks. Actually that would make for an interesting slave borg type character. Enhanced strength so they can work, doing whatever menial tasks you might want, enhanced looks and sexual organs (the adjusting breast implants from Japan come to mind - as do the cyber disguises), and personality modifying chips to make them compliant. PC can be one that has escaped their captors, or perhaps been kidnapped by those who have.

"When I asked where you got your tricked-out cyborg body and you answered 'working undercover in the Japanese underworld', I'd ASSUMED you meant you were part of a police anti-organized crime taskforce sting, not a forced-conversion, brain-ripped escapee sex-worker on the run from a subterranean brothel and its enforcers!..*BANG*...oops, sorry, just a cat in the shadows..*BLAM*BLAM*..okay, THAT was a ninja...*SKROWWW*..and he brought friends...Any OTHER misunderstandings I should be aware of?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Did she mention that it was some new clan of yakuza with different tattoos that she worked for?

Sunaj AND Ninja??!?!?!
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Hump, death. Hump, death. Hump, death.

+10 Mel Brooks geek points sir.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

TrumbachD wrote:If it's a little munchie for a Love-Borg I might be able to tweak it.

Sorry. I purposely took this out of context.

Though I do look forward to the finished product; I've been doing some thinking about bots lately myself.

Return to “Rifts®”