Magic vs Technology

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Magic vs Technology

Unread post by dark brandon »

Indisputable proof of why CS ate Tolkeen. Witness, the first moment of tolkeens closing days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLwUjyP-dkQ
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Re: Magic vs Technology

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Epic win.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I like to see him take aim at a Elf Shifter as he shoots the shifter deflects it back at him, then four gargoyles pounce on him out of the sky and throw him around, next a Raksasha changes into a mirror copy of him, kisses him and waves goodbye, a Maggot's eye beam turns him to stone then a Desolator step on him. the Shifter then says "I never leave home without minions."
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

runebeo wrote:I like to see him take aim at a Elf Shifter as he shoots the shifter deflects it back at him, then four gargoyles pounce on him out of the sky and throw him around, next a Raksasha changes into a mirror copy of him, kisses him and waves goodbye, a Maggot's eye beam turns him to stone then a Desolator step on him. the Shifter then says "I never leave home without minions."

I was hoping for the same sort of thing.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

dark brandon wrote:Indisputable proof of why CS ate Tolkeen. Witness, the first moment of tolkeens closing days...
At's Pathetic :roll: Since They made the video, They can make the Mage as stupid and beatable as they wish, as Anyone can kick the butt of a STRAWMAN! :o
Besides, namby-pamby Elves are easy sure, But what about a HUMAN necromancer, Shifter, Mystic Knight, Line Walker, Conjurer, Summoner, or just about ANY class of warlock? Your little OMGHe'sSoSUPERKEWL Tech Ninja Sniper woulda gotten his @r$$ handed to him (and IF your playing a mage with L33t Flesh Scultper SKiLLZ, your @r$$ woulda be putty'ed into a Balloon Animal Giraffe to boot).

MAGES (Especially Tolkeenite Mages) CAN USE TECHNOLOGY! On the OtherHand, Your geeky little Over teched out duffous Ninja FruitCup of a Sniper CAN NOT USE MAGIC!

EPIC FAIL- :lol: :lol: :lol:

FYI-Based on that video Yer SUPEROMGHE'SSO'FTW' Tech Ninja sniper woulda been outclassed by a simple US military sniper without all that tech Cr@p, as He'da just shot the elf w/o that lame "Here I Am" green laser targeter, and wouldn't have wasted 20seconds of perfectly good CAPPING time by acting all Stupid!
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Steeler49er wrote:
dark brandon wrote:Indisputable proof of why CS ate Tolkeen. Witness, the first moment of tolkeens closing days...
At's Pathetic :roll: Since They made the video, They can make the Mage as stupid and beatable as they wish, as Anyone can kick the butt of a STRAWMAN! :o

Actually, given that it was said that the elves never used technology, and that the elf in-question had no idea what that dot on his head was - it's safe to assume that they are also very unfamiliar with technology.

Also, it's a satirical video meant to detract from games like WoW in order to boost hype.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
dark brandon
Knight

I have a video. Tech trumps magic. Your arguments are invalid

norethx
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

I will have my vengance... Oh Yes! Vengance, will, Be Had, and you will rue the day you posted that video...

You may start Rue'ing now if you'd like!

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
dark brandon
Knight

Steeler49er wrote:I will have my vengance... Oh Yes! Vengance, will, Be Had, and you will rue the day you posted that video...

You may start Rue'ing now if you'd like!

Today is bad. How about I schedual a rueing a week from tomarrow? 12:30 good for you?
Steeler49er
Hero

Well, I think I've got the day off... No wait... HEY! That's a sunday, and during church to no less!
Me thinkxistht that you planned this Toooo well. :-?

dark brandon
Knight

Steeler49er wrote:Well, I think I've got the day off... No wait... HEY! That's a sunday, and during church to no less!
Me thinkxistht that you planned this Toooo well. :-?

Behold, the power of technology and my date and time calander! MUahahahaha
Steeler49er
Hero

Foul tech worshiper!

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

dark brandon wrote:I have a video. Tech trumps magic. Your arguments are invalid

norethx

He has clearly followed the "Pix-Or-It-Didn't-Happen" Law of the internet.
He Wins, at Everything, Forevar.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

awesome...and funny.
Now if we can kill the true atlanteans off in Rifts.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Explorer

Unread post by Avatara »

Your only way to win now is to show a video of game play from arcainum With a mage taking on a tech user :p
If Archie 3 were to read every palladium book every made would his head explode immediatly do to inconsitancies, or would it take him a couple of days to reason out there is no reason and thus kill himself? ~ Rolling Bear
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Only in video games do all chars dress in a class based way.

So how is your sniper going to pick out mage out of the crowd w/o any external clothing or visible effects to to signifie who the mage is?
If you have 100's of people in armor and with someone with them casting magic at your possitions, how do you pick out the magi when the spell effects can't be traced back to the mage?

If you have only tech, you will miss the magic users if they decide to hide, or if they just dress up like other people.

There is also the invisible mage to concider,....
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
dark brandon
Knight

Lobo wrote:Unless he intended to start a serious debate I think the thread is meant to be a joke. :-P

NO! Tech Vs. Magic is SERIUS BUSNESS! No joking allowed.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

:roll:
dark brandon wrote:
Lobo wrote:Unless he intended to start a serious debate I think the thread is meant to be a joke. :-P

:roll: :roll: :roll:
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

drewkitty ~..~ wrote::roll:
dark brandon wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Be careful, hackers-on-Steroids might be targeting you as we speak. Nothing can stop an Intarnet Toughguy.

Explorer

Unread post by Avatara »

I'd like to point out in rifts the Ley lie walkers have there own getup to.
If Archie 3 were to read every palladium book every made would his head explode immediatly do to inconsitancies, or would it take him a couple of days to reason out there is no reason and thus kill himself? ~ Rolling Bear
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when i saw this i fell fall the chair again, and my wife is looking at me like " your an idot!!" was coming out of her mind like a mind reader. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe

Return to “Rifts®”