My Hideout

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Re: My Hideout

Unread post by Oberoth »

Dan Bishop wrote:This is where I'm going to hide out.

It is an old water tower that was retrofitted to be a lounge and a restauraunt. There is room for 12 to 16 people to live comfortably.

Great lines of sight up and down all major roads + the highway.

The down side will be hauling the supplies up the stairs.

http://www.lethbridge.ca/home/Enjoying+ ... e+view.htm

Looks like a good hideout from zombie and human alike. Zombies can't get up there easy and you have the high ground for a sniper's nest. :D
erc1971
Wanderer

Unread post by erc1971 »

Plus, it looks more that 50' up, so that means zombies won't ever sense you ;)

Eric
RIFTS..."It's ****ing Brilliant!" Kevin Sembieda May 5th 2006
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
Palladium Unofficial Employee
Kevin Siembieda to me during the big move: "Eric, you are a god!"
t0m
Adventurer
Comment: nothing left and nothing right

Unread post by t0m »

niiice. i wish i lived in that right now :mrgreen: that would be a very cool residence even in our zombie-less reality.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

looks like you will be out of sensory range will just have to worry
about being seen and the zombies ability to track you down by
smell but if the zombies do find you it will be hard to get out
of there if you have to
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

kevarin wrote:looks like you will be out of sensory range will just have to worry
about being seen and the zombies ability to track you down by
smell but if the zombies do find you it will be hard to get out
of there if you have to

Kev has a good point there. does this place have any underground tunnels or man sized sewers? They might provide an escape route.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I would go with the Hang Glider option, or Gyrocopter.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Cool - might want grease the supports to make (un)life more difficult for crawlers and consider replacing any non-retracting ladders with rope ones, and carrying a rope and grapple whenever leaving HQ unoccupied.

If there's time, you could always string up 300ft of steel wire to use an emergency escape zipwire? :)
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Hehe my first thought would be zipwire too. Given that a place like that is likely to have some guy wires or if not you could add some without arising any special notice and use them as a emergency exit. If they led to some conceled bikes or other get away vehicles by the time the zombies figure out what is going on you would be out and gone.

Still with a place like that with even a little work it would be a very tough nut to crack with somewhat awake guards you could spot any threat coming from a long way off and have a very good place to fire down upon it if needed. Since the construction is mostly metal would be possible to setup incindiaries at the base to burn up any zombie hordes that may descend on it.

OOO if you want a nice snazzy location check this water tower out.

http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/10/01/was ... daptation/
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

OOO or if you find yourself invaded by zombies while in Sweden this looks to be a pretty option http://lh6.ggpht.com/_yN5lXkey20w/RSVF7 ... %20009.JPG

kaid wrote:Hehe my first thought would be zipwire too. Given that a place like that is likely to have some guy wires or if not you could add some without arising any special notice and use them as a emergency exit. If they led to some conceled bikes or other get away vehicles by the time the zombies figure out what is going on you would be out and gone.

Still with a place like that with even a little work it would be a very tough nut to crack with somewhat awake guards you could spot any threat coming from a long way off and have a very good place to fire down upon it if needed. Since the construction is mostly metal would be possible to setup incindiaries at the base to burn up any zombie hordes that may descend on it.

OOO if you want a nice snazzy location check this water tower out.

http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/10/01/was ... daptation/
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

This is where I'm heading with anyone who'll come when the wave strikes.

http://www.fortressweymouth.co.uk/ - please ignore the crappy website!! :|

It's an old fort in my home town with a fortified slip way/breakwater, subterranean workshop and it's main access is a 3ft thick oak door, with a steel portcullis behind with a fortified barbican overlooking.

Unlike the medieval castles nearby, the Nothe has running water, a well and the secured access to the world's largest sewer - the sea!
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

First I would rig a pulley platform for loading the supplies with all of the connections made at the top....

in addition you dont even need security guards.. all you need is some of the IR camera from a bass pro shop. Set them up to trigger some kind of alarm inside of your hideout.....zombie or human alike then you would be set....
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.

Return to “Dead Reign™”