What powerful D-bees can get past dog boys?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greeter
Wanderer

What powerful D-bees can get past dog boys?

Unread post by Greeter »

Greetings All,

I seem to recall reading about a powerful race of beings who are so good at masking their presence that even dog boys can't detect them. Anyone have any idea as to what race that might be?

I know dog boys can't detect "normal" humans and such, but this race actually had super abilities and possibly even magic.

While I'm on it, what spells and/or psionic abilities can be used to give a false reading to a dog boy?
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Re: What powerful D-bees can get past dog boys?

Unread post by dark brandon »

Greeter wrote:Greetings All,

I seem to recall reading about a powerful race of beings who are so good at masking their presence that even dog boys can't detect them. Anyone have any idea as to what race that might be?

I don't recall any...

While I'm on it, what spells and/or psionic abilities can be used to give a false reading to a dog boy?

Very few. Mask PPE is about the only ability I can think of, and that doesn't hide the fact your psychic.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Mask I.S.P. & Psionics can stop a pychic from being detected by creatures with supernatural senses and mask P.P.E. can kind of do the same for mages, but in the case of mask I.S.P. the psychic can't use other psionic powers and using magic would temporally reveal the mage. I think a supernatural creature such as a dragons or demons can uses theses powers well to infiltrate human towns, but not using other abilities that are second nature to theses creatures must be like working with an arm tied behind your back.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
dark brandon
Knight

runebeo wrote:Mask I.S.P. & Psionics can stop a pychic from being detected by creatures with supernatural senses and mask P.P.E. can kind of do the same for mages, but in the case of mask I.S.P. the psychic can't use other psionic powers and using magic would temporally reveal the mage. I think a supernatural creature such as a dragons or demons can uses theses powers well to infiltrate human towns, but not using other abilities that are second nature to theses creatures must be like working with an arm tied behind your back.

I would think both of these only hide the fact you have PPE and ISP...but why on earth would it hide the fact they are supernatural? I would have to disagree with this interpretation.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Mask ISP has the downside that you're constantly using a psychic power... it might make it harder to find you, but it wouldn't prevent them from noticing that someone was stinky.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Also keep in mind that even though the D-Bee may be masking their special abilities and nature, that will do little to mask their smell...

...and you better bet that a Psi-Hound will be able to tell the difference between the scent of a Human or Psi-Stalker and most D-Bees.

~ Josh
Library Ogre

I think one with a real chance of getting through is a long-time human-impersonator changeling. They'd look human. They'd smell human. They wouldn't detect as magical unless they were, and wouldn't detect as psychic unless they were. They'd just be humans.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Anyone who can cast Mystic Invisibility. The Dogboy smells air.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Mark Hall wrote:I think one with a real chance of getting through is a long-time human-impersonator changeling. They'd look human. They'd smell human. They wouldn't detect as magical unless they were, and wouldn't detect as psychic unless they were. They'd just be humans.

Same goes for Auto-Gs.

~ Josh
dark brandon
Knight

killgore wrote:Basically;
NO! There isn't any thing that will protect you. This is a huge hole in the spell casters are uber-powerful theory. There is virtually nothing a spellcaster can do to prevent himself from being detected by a dogboy or psistalker. Not even the spells invisibility greater or shadowmeld will do it (both spells are often sited as being uber useful in infiltrating CS sites, and they just aren't). :x

They are useful, just not assured. A good use would be to use them temporarily...to gain entrance into a city, then dispel them. They may detect a magic spell going off, but they can only trace it while it's active. A good mage would use it to sneak into a city quickly, then dispel it, dump his PPE and walk around as average Joe, relying on his skills and wits to gain info.

Don't think that just because it's not 100% all the time effective means it's not effective at all.
Greeter
Wanderer

Unread post by Greeter »

Thank you for the input everyone! :)
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

razorjack wrote:Null aura Weilders, Lanotaur Hunters, Auto-Gs, Chameleon Mice, Pleasure bunnies are all races that Can get past dogboy senses

So can Necromancers who use that Death Aura power.

what is null aura and chamelon mice?

also wou;dn't thier scent give away all but auto gee as mentioned above
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Just to clarify: the combination of invisibility superior and mystic invisibility has dog boys hosed. Invisibility superior blocks infrared, ultraviolet, thermal imaging, other optics, motion detectors and even an animal's sense of smell - so there goes simply smelling the person in question - and mystic invisibilty makes the caster invisible to magic or psionic forms of detection.

A spell caster, d-bee or human, casts those two spells and they're basically undetectable by dog boys or psi-stalkers.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mages can use a Spell Store Energy to store all their magic energy in someone else. This will hide that htey are mages, but not necessarly dragons/ect. You need alter aura as well as Mask ISP&Psionics for that.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

Stay on a ley line.

Null aura wielders include Psi Nullifiers theres and the nega psychic. I like Nullifiers.

Chamelion mice are from after the bomb. Although the poster meant shifter mice (they are basically the same as auto-G's). Then again all the good ideas from RIFTS may well have come from After the Bomb...
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
dark brandon
Knight

Talavar wrote:Just to clarify: the combination of invisibility superior and mystic invisibility has dog boys hosed. Invisibility superior blocks infrared, ultraviolet, thermal imaging, other optics, motion detectors and even an animal's sense of smell - so there goes simply smelling the person in question - and mystic invisibilty makes the caster invisible to magic or psionic forms of detection.

A spell caster, d-bee or human, casts those two spells and they're basically undetectable by dog boys or psi-stalkers.

It is also going to depend on how one plays the magic detection. Mystic invisibility would make the caster invisible to magic or psionic detection, but it doesn't cover up his spells (IE in this case Inv. superior) which a dog boy would still be able to locate.
dark brandon
Knight

killgore wrote:That depends on how dumb the GM is making dogboys out to be. :wink:
Really, the only chance you have is for the dogboys to fail their roll. Otherwise, you're not getting past. They can psychically and physically smell you. They'll know that a spell is going off and that there is someone around they can't see (1+1=2). If the GM has their sense of smell work on an even more advanced level (common, though not supported by the rules) you're even more hosed has they will be able to pin point your location using smell.

Actually, it depends on how a GM plays cities. A mage is not going to get into Chi-town in a "normal" way. But, if they need to sneak into a smaller outpost or something, then the spells would have great effect. I also don't' think most GM's play all cities are completely covered domed structures or as heavily protected as Chi-town.
dark brandon
Knight

killgore wrote:This is true; however, the question was what could go unnoticed by dogboys or psi-stalkers. I took that to mean right in front of them.
And getting into Chi-Town is even easier. Just cast invisibility simple, and fly. Keep your altitude low enough that you won't be picked up on radar until right before you hit the wall and then go up. Skim the wall (it's thick enough that they won't be able to detect you through the wall), once at the top, there are plenty of openings for aircraft (old pictures usually show an open top), and just go in. Once inside, stick to the middle class sections, and the likely hood of a patrol that comes with either a psi-stalker or a dogboy is low.

With supernatural creatures that can turn invisible and fly at will, don't you think the CS would have some precautions? A few I can think of: Psi-stalker and dog boys at port openings, people with infrared and heat vision goggles, not keeping the doors open at all times, motion sensors and the like.

Remember, a magic spell going off constantly has a minimum effect of 600 ft (maybe 1000) for a first level dog boy and psi-stalker.

No, this simply would not work. We have never been told how CS conducts itself internally. Personally, I view the middle and upper section to be well secured, with plenty of dog boys that go with each group. In the ISS story in Coalition war campaign book, we are told that 1 human is accompanied by 4 or 5 dog boys in the lower section looking for a monster.

I view CS as being penetrable, but just barely, and there are no "easy" ways to get in. If anyone says "It's simple to get in", to me says they don't take the CS seriously or truly understand just how paranoid they are.
Library Ogre

Given that the CS has AI technology, I think I can come up with a fairly simple method that would catch a large number of invisible intruders, even if they got past the dog boys.

A three-camera system, slaved to an AI with Mathematics: Basic; one visible light, one infrared, and one thermographic. The AI counts the number of bodies visible on each camera. If it adds up, it allows the entire group through the air lock. If it doesn't, it puts them into a different room for processing. For added power, you have a Tech Officer at each entry point enter in everyone who is entering... 5 adults, 3 children, 1 baby, 1 dog boy... and the AI compares that to the images it gets.

All Palladium Articles
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

Chi-Town is as easy or hard to get into as it makes sense for the story being told.

I would think though that a good mix of magical, technological, psionic and good ole' fashioned fast-talk would be needed to get into such a place. Or at least such things should be required for any desent "break-in" game.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

dark brandon wrote:
Talavar wrote:Just to clarify: the combination of invisibility superior and mystic invisibility has dog boys hosed. Invisibility superior blocks infrared, ultraviolet, thermal imaging, other optics, motion detectors and even an animal's sense of smell - so there goes simply smelling the person in question - and mystic invisibilty makes the caster invisible to magic or psionic forms of detection.

It is also going to depend on how one plays the magic detection. Mystic invisibility would make the caster invisible to magic or psionic detection, but it doesn't cover up his spells (IE in this case Inv. superior) which a dog boy would still be able to locate.

I hadn't thought of that - does Mystic Invisibility cover any other active spells? I don't know. Even if my combination above would work to conceal a mage from dog boys & psi-stalkers, I don't think anyone using this could just sneak into a fortress city - there would be too many physical checkpoints.

The only way I can think of to sneak/break into Chi-town would be as follows: teleport to the "roof" of the fortress city while invisible: superior. Cast Mystic Portal on the roof, and you're in. Now, this requires a high level, depending on how thick those walls are (but I doubt it's 100' thick, that would really cut down on livable space in that thing) and a lot of PPE, and the mage is still going to be detected by dog boys & psi-stalkers, but they'll be inside. Good for a raid, or a FoM terrorist attack, but not a viable means of infiltration or conquest.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I know dog boys can't detect "normal" humans and such, but this race actually had super abilities and possibly even magic.

To me personally this is more of a how you play your magic .. in your setting type question then anything about Deebee's an who can / cant get past dogboys ...

For instance ... do you ..

A) Allow the magic to continually draw upon the PPE for the duration of the spell ?
- If so .. then obviously the dogboys will be able to sniff that out with out problem ..

or .. do you ...

B) Have the spell go off and all pertaining PPE thusly used at that expenditure and therefor have no other PPE "Floating" anywhere again for the duration of the spell ...
- If so .. then obviously the Dogboys are going to have a tons harder time trying to locate the being who initialized that spell ..

If you use Option (A) then even the masking ppe/isp spells an mind powers will still be able to be detected ...

If you use Option (B) then Using the mask ppe/isp spells / mind powers will NOT be able to be detected by the dogboys ...

So in essence .. you have to basically decide how you play your system of magic in the setting prior to the start of the session ..

I personally always play in the option (B) scenario ..
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mark Hall wrote:Mask ISP has the downside that you're constantly using a psychic power... it might make it harder to find you, but it wouldn't prevent them from noticing that someone was stinky.

I just Reread the whole Mask ISP/PPE descriptions from Psyscape world book 12 .

Mask ISP - Covers 100% ALL Isp ..

It even lumps dogboys as one of the races that CAN NOT "sence" anything wrong with the masked ISP person .. not even the fact that its a continual use type of power .. since it only costs 7 ISP which means you would read exactly within normal Human limits ..

The Mask PPE power is exactly the same way ...

So basically you CAN .... Use those two powers to get by Dogboys with Impunity ...
If you can get the smell and look of a human down ...
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Balabanto wrote:Anyone who can cast Mystic Invisibility. The Dogboy smells air.

And he smells you. Unless you've an updated version of the spell that masks scent as well.[/quote]

No he does NOT. It's still a psionic detection power. ALL forms of psionic and mystical detection means "All." Just because it uses a different base sense doesn't mean the spell is suddenly nullified by "Screw You Guys, I'm a dogboy."

The spell A) Costs 25 PPE and B) Doesn't protect you from the power of normal vision by itself. Scent is not a targeting sense. Sure, he knows you're there, but the simple casting of Simple Invisibility on top of this at this point means "Dodge this, Dogboy! You're dead!"

Using a dogboy as some sort of ur-sensor race is inconsistent with the text of the spell and the text of the Dogboy RCC. Using your interpretation, the most important anti-sensor weapon in the game is a can of pepper spray or can of MACE to snapshot Dogboys with.

I find this interpretation lacking in substance. ALL is inclusive.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

ShadowcatX wrote:I believe that nightbane (if you're using them) detect as fully human in their facade form, though I can't quote a page number for that.

Except nightbane have a high PPE (unless they spent most of it buying talents) and would be thought of as magic users and shot.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

The Beast wrote:
ShadowcatX wrote:I believe that nightbane (if you're using them) detect as fully human in their facade form, though I can't quote a page number for that.

Except nightbane have a high PPE (unless they spent most of it buying talents) and would be thought of as magic users and shot.

Nightbane have the Same exact % chance of having Psionics as normal Humans ..

They are an offshoot of the Human race ...

And as such they could within reason easily have the Mask ISP/PPE ability ...

When thier in thier normal states of being (Human) it wouldent matter

When thier in thier powered up forms .. Mask ISP/PPE would come in handy since Dogboys can not detect thier PPE/ISP reserves when masked ...

A nightbane could super easily take out a whole Dogpack before the Leader even knew what hit him ..
Josh Sinsapaugh

duck-foot wrote:I GOT IT!!!! A wolfen mind melter. hell be mistaken for a large doggie boy

Except he'll smell like a Wolfen and not a Dog Boy...

~ Josh
Library Ogre

duck-foot wrote:I GOT IT!!!! A wolfen mind melter. hell be mistaken for a large doggie boy

I should think they'd smell quite different.

All Palladium Articles
The Beast

Lenwen wrote:Nightbane have the Same exact % chance of having Psionics as normal Humans ..

I thought nightbane didn't have psionics.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

If we consider that DB "see" the character's ISP/PPE level through their smell, then Alter Aura should also be good for sneaking pass them.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

The Beast wrote:
Lenwen wrote:Nightbane have the Same exact % chance of having Psionics as normal Humans ..

All the rule book says is they can not use them ..

It says nuthing about the person who was already a major or master psionosist prior to thier becomming ...

In my settings I allow for them to use them so long as they had them prior to their becoming . But I also make them pay double or triple the cost to use them dependent upon which psionic ability they would want to use .
dark brandon
Knight

Lenwen wrote:
The Beast wrote:

It says nuthing about the person who was already a major or master psionosist prior to thier becomming ...

In my settings I allow for them to use them so long as they had them prior to their becoming . But I also make them pay double or triple the cost to use them dependent upon which psionic ability they would want to use .

I think you're stretching here. I think it's fairly clear that a nightbane is not someone who can possess psionics, before or after.
The Beast

Lenwen wrote:All the rule book says is they can not use them ..

Um, if the book says they can't use them, then if they had powers prior to their Becoming they still couldn't use them.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Also forgot ...

Spugorthian Conservators would be able to get past virtually ANY dogpack .

And even take a couple packs out .. if you asked me .
Library Ogre

Lenwen wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Nightbane are not normal humans before their becoming, any more than humans are dogs before puberty. They're Nightbane, with the same lack of psionics, but not yet come into their full powers.

As for a Conservator "getting past" a Dog pack... only in the sense of being able to rip them to shreds, whereas most of us have been talking about sneaking past. Because that Splugorth Conservator would tear into the Dog Pack while the doors sealed shut, then be roasted by either the defensive weapons (which I assume Chi-town will have near its gate), or the people in SAMAS armor who can sit half a mile back and pound it with rail gun and missile fire.

All Palladium Articles
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mark Hall wrote:
Nightbane are not normal humans before their becoming, any more than humans are dogs before puberty. They're Nightbane, with the same lack of psionics, but not yet come into their full powers.

As for a Conservator "getting past" a Dog pack... only in the sense of being able to rip them to shreds, whereas most of us have been talking about sneaking past. Because that Splugorth Conservator would tear into the Dog Pack while the doors sealed shut, then be roasted by either the defensive weapons (which I assume Chi-town will have near its gate), or the people in SAMAS armor who can sit half a mile back and pound it with rail gun and missile fire.

When a Night Lord is able to get into a new Dimension .. if its inhabited by Humans .. his mear presences in that dimension automatically generates a certain amount of its population into Nightbane . Regular humans .... thats cannon .

And a Conservator is going to have all thier natural abilities ... to use against the dogboys .
Please tell me tho .. how the dogboys are protecting anything ... if as you said they were sealed shut in what ever ?

Is this a real debat ? IF thier sealed shut in anything ... its a trivial thing to simply run by .. while invis or what have you .

Mr. Hall give me a direct scenario ... in which you want me to sneak my Conservator threw and I will show you exactly how they are ...

Remember .. if you give your CS dogboys anything then my Conservator gets his standard equipment as well ..
Library Ogre

Lenwen wrote:When a Night Lord is able to get into a new Dimension .. if its inhabited by Humans .. his mear presences in that dimension automatically generates a certain amount of its population into Nightbane . Regular humans .... thats cannon .

Where from? This is the first time I've ever heard of it?

And a Conservator is going to have all thier natural abilities ... to use against the dogboys .
Please tell me tho .. how the dogboys are protecting anything ... if as you said they were sealed shut in what ever ?

Your inability with the English language is striking in its comprehensiveness.

The Dog Pack would not survive. The point is not for them to survive. The point is for them to die while the city shields itself.

You want a scenario: Simple one. A pack of ten dog boys, two psi-stalkers, and four human CS Technical Officers are guarding a door into a fortress city. Each is armed and armored in the standard fashion; the dog boys are in riot armor, with neural maces and vibro-blades. The psi-stalkers and humans are in full CS armor (old style); the humans have currently removed their helmets and gauntlets. Psi-stalkers have laser pistols, vibro-blades, neural maces, and medium-heavy energy rifles. Humans have CS laser pistol sidearms, neural maces, and vibro-blades. Two human techs are outside, two are inside the city itself. Two dog boys are also inside the city.

The door is airlock style, with only one opened at a time. Exterior door is controlled by the two human techs outside, while the inner door is controlled by the two human techs inside; the interior techs also have over-ride capabilities on the exterior door.

Produce a conservator. He will likely rip through the dog pack and the psi-stalkers... that's their point. However, at that point, the city doors will seal, keeping him out, and bringing a large amount of CS reinforcements on him.

All Palladium Articles
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mark Hall wrote:
Lenwen wrote:When a Night Lord is able to get into a new Dimension .. if its inhabited by Humans .. his mear presences in that dimension automatically generates a certain amount of its population into Nightbane . Regular humans .... thats cannon .

The Dog Pack would not survive. The point is not for them to survive. The point is for them to die while the city shields itself.

You want a scenario: Simple one. A pack of ten dog boys, two psi-stalkers, and four human CS Technical Officers are guarding a door into a fortress city. Each is armed and armored in the standard fashion; the dog boys are in riot armor, with neural maces and vibro-blades. The psi-stalkers and humans are in full CS armor (old style); the humans have currently removed their helmets and gauntlets. Psi-stalkers have laser pistols, vibro-blades, neural maces, and medium-heavy energy rifles. Humans have CS laser pistol sidearms, neural maces, and vibro-blades. Two human techs are outside, two are inside the city itself. Two dog boys are also inside the city.

The door is airlock style, with only one opened at a time. Exterior door is controlled by the two human techs outside, while the inner door is controlled by the two human techs inside; the interior techs also have over-ride capabilities on the exterior door.

Produce a conservator. He will likely rip through the dog pack and the psi-stalkers... that's their point. However, at that point, the city doors will seal, keeping him out, and bringing a large amount of CS reinforcements on him.

What are the Dimensions of the door please ?
Library Ogre

Lenwen wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

10 feet high by 20 feet wide. Entry hallway is 35 feet long, leading to another 10'*20' door.

All Palladium Articles
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mark Hall wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

10 feet high by 20 feet wide. Entry hallway is 35 feet long, leading to another 10'*20' door.

Do I get to add others as well then too since you added a whole other dogpack and several regular humans an couple Psi-Stalkers ?

1 Typical dogpack = 3-4 dogboys , 1 Psi-stalker .
you have 16 beings ..
Or do you want me to do this (or attempt I should say cause I am not 100% sure I could sneek him in with that many around ) with my lone Conservator ?
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

am I missing something because I thought Conservators were creatures of magic detactable by dog boys?
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Samored II »

csbioborg wrote:am I missing something because I thought Conservators were creatures of magic detactable by dog boys?

Probably not.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Back to the original post, I think he might be reerring to the Auto-G, even though they have a high PPE base that could be detected by dogboys, they could get rid of that easily enough.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Library Ogre

Lenwen wrote:Do I get to add others as well then too since you added a whole other dogpack and several regular humans an couple Psi-Stalkers ?

you have 16 beings ..
Or do you want me to do this (or attempt I should say cause I am not 100% sure I could sneek him in with that many around ) with my lone Conservator ?

The scenario was sneaking into the city of Chi-town. Two and a half squads at one door is not an unreasonable amount of defense for a city containing millions.

All Palladium Articles
dark brandon
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Back to the original post, I think he might be reerring to the Auto-G, even though they have a high PPE base that could be detected by dogboys, they could get rid of that easily enough.

Auto-G could, but I don't know if I'd call them "powerful". definatly, helpful though.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mark Hall wrote:
Lenwen wrote:Do I get to add others as well then too since you added a whole other dogpack and several regular humans an couple Psi-Stalkers ?

you have 16 beings ..

The scenario was sneaking into the city of Chi-town. Two and a half squads at one door is not an unreasonable amount of defense for a city containing millions.

So .. is that a no ... I only get 1 conservator ?

Or do I get something more in line with what you did as well ?
Library Ogre

Lenwen wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

you have 16 beings ..

You said you could sneak a conservator in. Sneak in a conservator. If you want to come up with a reasonable Splugorth squad that can do it, go ahead.

All Palladium Articles
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mark Hall wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

you have 16 beings ..

You said you could sneak a conservator in. Sneak in a conservator. If you want to come up with a reasonable Splugorth squad that can do it, go ahead.

Groovy heh I was outeverything ... there if you woulda said no ... heh .
I'll check the books when I get home and attempt the impossible with ya when I get home bro .
dark brandon
Knight

killgore wrote:A conservator would never make it close to the city. Even the other d-bees in the burbs (assuming it even made it that far) would likely help put it down. The mess generated by one showing up at the door would make it hell for them for several weeks there after.

QFT
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

killgore wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Produce a conservator. He will likely rip through the dog pack and the psi-stalkers... that's their point. However, at that point, the city doors will seal, keeping him out, and bringing a large amount of CS reinforcements on him.

A conservator would never make it close to the city. Even the other d-bees in the burbs (assuming it even made it that far) would likely help put it down. The mess generated by one showing up at the door would make it hell for them for several weeks there after.
And the spluggies aren't dumb enough to think they have a chance either. Twisted enough to find the concept amusing though, so you never know, they might actually try.

The funny thing about it is ...

No one in the coalition even knows that a Conservator looks like ... let alone where thier from ...

Ditto for the Burbs ...

So if one showed up .. no 1 would be any wiser about its origins ... but rather ... simply be amazed it made it that far into CS held Territory .. let alone to one of the gates to the very hollowed city of Chi-Town itself ...

Wouldent you think ?

Return to “Rifts®”