My final thoughts on Dead Reign

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Re: My final thoughts on Dead Reign

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Damn, the zombies I sent to eat your book in transit have failed me. Good help is so hard to find. :D

I want to leave you with one thought; be proud of the work that you did. It takes serious guts and determination to write, finish and submit a book-length manuscript no matter the outcome. Not everyone can accomplish that, and it sets you in a certain fraternity that you'll always be a part of. I hope to have you sign my copy of Dead Reign one of these days. :)
Insert 400 character limit here.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Todd Yoho wrote:Damn, the zombies I sent to eat your book in transit have failed me. Good help is so hard to find. :D

Because you send them snipe hunting. :P
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Todd Yoho wrote:Damn, the zombies I sent to eat your book in transit have failed me. Good help is so hard to find. :D

I want to leave you with one thought; be proud of the work that you did. It takes serious guts and determination to write, finish and submit a book-length manuscript no matter the outcome. Not everyone can accomplish that, and it sets you in a certain fraternity that you'll always be a part of. I hope to have you sign my copy of Dead Reign one of these days. :)

If I could agree more, the internet would explode.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:I received my copies of Dead Reign this morning and have been reading all day. Short list of my closing thoughts will now be posted.

:)

1. The Art is fantastic!

2. It is longer than I thought it would be

3. It really is at least 70% Kevin's work

4. Considering that Kevin wrote 70% of the book, the credits are apt and I am not going to say anything about them

5. It is a perfectly playable/serviceable Zombie game

6. I hope everyone enjoys the game

:angel:

Classy, Looking forward to my copy of the book.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:

Heh. :wink:

Actually, I think I sent zombie Marines. They must have gotten lost and wound up in a drinking contest in Thailand.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Todd Yoho wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:

Heh. :wink:

Actually, I think I sent zombie Marines. They must have gotten lost and wound up in a drinking contest in Thailand.

No, they knew where they were going...
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Ninjafingers
Wanderer

Unread post by Ninjafingers »

So, CL, what's been changed from your article in Rifter #40? I already know about the Thinkers and the Benford Group not being the cause of the Wave, but are there any other major differences?
Juicers are so hopped up on drugs that their reflexes are hyper-fast and the rest of the world around them seems to be moving in slow motion. Which means that they are likely the only ones to be able to keep up with the Palladium rule changes... - Killer Cyborg
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Greyaxe wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:I received my copies of Dead Reign this morning and have been reading all day. Short list of my closing thoughts will now be posted.

1. The Art is fantastic!

4. Considering that Kevin wrote 70% of the book, the credits are apt and I am not going to say anything about them

As I've said before, he's been a class act all along.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:

1. The Art is fantastic!

As I've said before, he's been a class act all along.

Agree he is a good guy. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:Actually, I think I sent zombie Marines. They must have gotten lost and wound up in a drinking contest in Thailand.

No, they knew where they were going...[/quote]

Pattaya Beach for the win! I know enough Marines to know that zombie Marines would gravitate to Thailand. A flotilla of buoyant zombies gives a whole new meaning to the idea of a float!
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Todd Yoho wrote:Pattaya Beach for the win! I know enough Marines to know that zombie Marines would gravitate to Thailand. A flotilla of buoyant zombies gives a whole new meaning to the idea of a float!

Exactly. You forget, I spent six years at Swamp Lagoon.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Todd Yoho wrote:Pattaya Beach for the win! I know enough Marines to know that zombie Marines would gravitate to Thailand. A flotilla of buoyant zombies gives a whole new meaning to the idea of a float!

Exactly. You forget, I spent six years at Swamp Lagoon.

Mmmmmm, Lejune. My roommate and my cousin's husband spent large swaths of their 20's in Jacksonville. I have a boonie hat...or should that be cover...that I bought at the exchange annex that's ready for when the zombie apocalypse hits! Let it not be said that when I'm blasting and hacking my way through the zombie hordes that I won't be well attired.

I guess zombie Marines would charge into battle groaning Hooooooo-raaaaaarrrrrrhhhh.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

your final thoughts on DR? sure hope not! all the best to you.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.

Return to “Dead Reign™”