4 horsemen

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Doesn't exist. Make it up if you have to.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: good

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Hagan Lonovich wrote:I have already been working on it before minion war. I was hoping my work wasnt all for nothing.

You're safe, well as long as it isn't Hades or Dyval.

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Yeah you can always create you own dimensions where those being hold the reigns of power.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: 4 horsemen

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Wasn't this dimension (aka as Death World) also mentioned in "Rifts: Dimensional Builder"?
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Aramanthus
Monk

Isn't that the first mention of them in the Rift's universe. In the Africa WB that is. I think it is.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Hagan Lonovich wrote:no not hades or dyval, its a completely different dimension.
Most Alien Intelligences have an unspecified "home dimension" where they have to be destroyed in order to be permanently killed.

"Home Dimension" is just a generic phrse/idea that Kevin uses which otherwise seems to mean absolutely nothing besides "this is the 'dragon's lair/secret hideout/inner sanctum' for this particular intelligence;" and the way Kevin seems to have spoken of said dimensions all these years, almost each and every individual Alien Intelligence seems to have their own, individual home dimension, just as a Dragon might have his own individual Dimension Door to his own pocket realm.

Which makes sense, really.

If I were an AI and injured badly for whatever reason, the LAST place I'd want to go is back to a dimension where DOZENS if not HUNDREDS of my brethren are lounging around, doing whatever it is AIs do on vacation (do they spend their time on the beach of different dimensions with a Corona™ in each tentacle?), when I show up too weak to fight or hold my possessions.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Hagan Lonovich wrote:Well the 4 horsmen are the overlords, and each have lesser "squires." For instance, Pestilence has Plague and Famine has Plight, war has Stryfe and Death has Rigor Mortis.

Each of the 4 has 4 underbosses with various related powers to one of the 4.

Sounds cool. Would love to see some info.
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

If I were you, I would submit it as a small dimension book, or as a serialized submission to the rifter.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Carl Gleba

Hagan Lonovich wrote:I would love to do that, but i have no idea how to do that, i am just a player, not a writer or anything, i did it because in 6th grade I got rifts africa and have always wanted to create their homeland. I dont have the skills of the contributors they have now.

Just follow the Rifter® Submission Guidelines. If you have any questions please ask. TGK and I will be happy to answer any that we are capable of.

Submitting is the easy part. The hard part was writing it. :D

Carl
ImageImage
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

yeah

write it up, I'd love to read it :)

plus submit it to the rifter, cause you never know .
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Aramanthus
Monk

I'd like to see it too! It sounds pretty interesting.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

We're looking forward to teasers. I think we are going to get spoiled! :D

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Hagan Lonovich wrote:now am I allowed to refernce other characters in Palladium and other books? That is the part that is holding me up. I dont want to step on anyones toes, but I am designing a world for premade characters, can I mention other occ's and rcc's even though they are not my original concept? Like can i refer to the Necromancer Rcc or Death or War from Rifts Africa without breaking the rules?

Yes you can reference anything that Palladium has in it's library as long as it's not a licensed Property (Robotech/Macross 2/TMNT/Justice Machine).

:)

Just don't go crazy with the references. A few are ok, but consider your audience. They may not have all of the book you're referring too. Try and keep it to a minimum if you can.

Also like lazlo said, you can reference anything in Palladium library.

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

Sounds pretty cool so far! Thank you on keeping us appraised of everything so far. Is there anything else you need advice on. Just ask. People will give you a straight answer.

HH....FIE
Shades of Eternity
Immortal

sounds awesome so far :)
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Aramanthus
Monk

More cool info! It sounds like a very cool Rifter article. Please keep us posted on allowed updates.

HH....FIE
Shades of Eternity
Immortal

awesome :)
- Abraham Lincoln

Aramanthus
Monk

Just don't give it all away. Just give us limited teasers. That way it can be used by the Rifter. It does sound like you've got it pretty well together for writting the article.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Come on Duck Foot you know you want to at least know work is being done on the project.

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba

Hagan Lonovich wrote:I have all of the area's geographically identified and such. I am writing it almost like a dimension book, but I am toying with how it should be written up. Should I straight out do it? or through the eyes of either a death worshipper or someone stuck there or someone trying to study and map out the world.

Sometimes a mix of both can add a lot of flavor. Writing is straight out is what most folks expect, then add a few spots where its more prose can be a nice mix. Look at Juicer Uprising for examples or even the opening of Phase World for ideas that help set the tone of the book.

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

I heard that several authors will write letter as characters they create. Then those same authors will write a return letter to their characters. Just a thought.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to seeing this preview! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmm. That is interesting. It must be quite a huge area.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Yeah, I was wondering how it was going? Any words Hagan?

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Sounds great! Thank you for the response! Sorry for my own delay. RL has been trying to drown me.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to reading it too! Keep at it!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Take your time. I understand what you mean about real life. It can be a real pain in the rear end! It'll get here when it does.

HH....FIE
nineveh
D-Bee

Unread post by nineveh »

can't wait to see how it turns out :)

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”