The Nexus Navigator Online Index Site Thingy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

The Nexus Navigator Online Index Site Thingy

Unread post by LostOne »

I don't remember the actual title, it might've just been "The Nexus" or something.

In any case, I haven't been able to connect to it for a while, is it dead?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: The Nexus Navigator Online Index Site Thingy

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I seem to recall that the site owner, Vinny, made some changes to his site and that you had to be a member of his forums in order to access the navigator. You probably have the old link I'd guess unless he folded it up completely. I haven't seen him around here for a while now.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Bummer. I was hoping to have that resource stick around. It was useful for locating "that one OCC I can't remember exactly what it's called or what book it was in", or for just looking at a list of OCCs when coming up with character/NPC/antagonist concepts.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

http://www.thenexuspoint.com/
You can find the Navigator as the second link on the left side (under Latest on Nexus).
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Novastar wrote:You can find the Navigator as the second link on the left side (under Latest on Nexus).

I registered, clicked on the link you said on the left. That takes me to a forum post, not the actual navigator. Apparently the Navigator is offline right now? Or is that a premium feature for paid subscribers (lame...).
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I'm certain it's not a pay service.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Jason Richards wrote:I'm certain it's not a pay service.

During registration you select a subscription level (I went with free because I refuse to pay for fan stuff) and then had a paypal coming soon for premium subscription rate.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

So does anyone know of any other place to get lists of OCCs, RCCs, PCCs, etc?

Would be nice if someone would just keep a spreadsheet updated for people to download, those are searchable, sortable, etc.

Something like:

Juicer OCC <tab> Man at arms <tab> RUE ### <tab> Chemically enhanced super-soldier
Mind-Melter PCC <tab> Psychic <tab> RUE ###, Psy ### <tab> Powerful psychic capable of mind control or other super psionics.

I'd do it myself, but I simply don't have the time with an infant, full time job, etc.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

BLAST YOU! I've considered adding something like that to my web site, now I may have too... ; /
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Hmmm, it used to work... :oops:
Vinny's internet access has been a bit spotty, but someone has already let him know there's people curious about the Navigator.

EDIT: oh, and there is a subscription package available on the NEXUS POINT, Jason.
You can access the forums and games with the free service. There's just a hidden forum, from what I'm told, for subscribers (which is used mostly to help Vinny out with paying for the site).
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Tags wrote:BLAST YOU! I've considered adding something like that to my web site, now I may have too... ; /

Me love you long time. :lol:
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

this is going to take a while.... considering...
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Start a new thread, show the format you want, list the books, ask for volunteers to help by selecting books and processing them. I might be able to help with a few books. :)
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

LostOne wrote:Start a new thread, show the format you want, list the books, ask for volunteers to help by selecting books and processing them. I might be able to help with a few books. :)

Guess we can see what happens.

H. P. Lovecraft
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

The NEXUS Navigator is still online and can be found at:

http://www.thenexusnavigator.com
The Phoenix is Coming!
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

For those of you that are interested, we're working on a complete revamping of the NEXUS Navigator to include not just Palladium Books games, but all games.
The Phoenix is Coming!
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

That's going to be an annoying mess...there are far too many games out there to make it all inclusive, IMO.

But whatever.
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

LostOne wrote:That's going to be an annoying mess...there are far too many games out there to make it all inclusive, IMO.

But whatever.

Is wikipedia an annoying mess?
The Phoenix is Coming!
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Thank you Josh.

The one thing everyone should remember about its inclusiveness is, like Wikipedia, the NEXUS Navigator will rely on user contribution.
The Phoenix is Coming!

Return to “Rifts®”