Macross Frontier

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Macross Frontier

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

ArmySyko wrote:I'm having a helluva time coming up with the RAW on this one. I also thought that the sub would have been up by now but I'm striking out there too. Any reports from forward elements on a sighting?

A-S

P.S.: The idea of changing my sig -- building.

Kei subs come out in a day or so but don't trust them myself. I would suggest checking AnimeSuki (have to use google can't link) as it's a central site for fansubs just look under series in the drop down bar at the top and you will find Macross Frontier.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Shawn Merrow

ep. 16
Spoiler:
Figured Alto would not be happy with the bodyguard. I'm with the anti-Grace club. They are turning Ranka into the new Minmay. The Ranka attack does seem to work for a little time at least. I fell sorry for Sherly being pushed aside as yesterdays news. The new Ranka nose art on the Monster was interesting. I have to wonder what Alto thought of that. :lol:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Nimul
Wanderer

Unread post by Nimul »

MacrossManual wrote:Nimul
Spoiler:
I am feeling bad for Sheryl as well. It appears she's getting all the bad luck. I just hope this is part of her character arc and not a sign that she's gonna have a very bad ending soon :(

I think I've got a good handle on where Frontier is going and what it's doing, but I'm still without a clue what's going on with Grace and her cohorts. I can see clearly what she's doing and how she's doing it, but the "why" just keeps eluding me (as I think it's meant to). Must know more :)

Spoiler:
Me too, I'm getting a bad vibe there as well :( personally, I hope she stays away from Grace cause it seems she is responsible for quite a bit of the bad luck really. I mean poisoning here and all. Plus the whole press conference where she is with Ranka I think stung Sheryl quite a bit there.

Also, looks like you were right about the Vajra and the black ops thing in the government :) I just wonder what that's all about though. Grace mentioning a cycle of hatred and stuff just is so confusing.

Episode 16:
Spoiler:
Nice element of continuity there by the mention of Klan's ancestors being beaten by song and the Protodeviln themselves though I shudder now to think that Basara is canon now :p

I like the whole banter thing when Alto takes Sheryl to SMS and she really kicks him when she thinks he took advantage of her. Then of course the whole "I wouldnt do it with THAT woman" hehe was quite funny. Though it ended up going bad for Sheryl once again now with Ranka's rising stardom. I wonder if Sheryl quits being a singer and ends up focusing on Alto while Ranka's being more popular alienates her from Alto?

All in all, nice episode. Not that much action and really not much revelation on the Vajra except that they are influenced by Ranka's music.
TELL KEV WE WANT NEW ROBOTECH BOOKS!

"Soon they will come to fear the name Khyron the Destroyer" - Khyron
"Everything is going as planned Masters" - Bioroid Terminator
"A terrible error has been made. We shall not be beaten!" - Regess
"Everything is going as the Awareness has forseen." - Haydonite
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MacrossManual »

Shawn Merrow
Spoiler:
The situation with Brera as Ranka's bodyguard is rather amusing. Alto is probably both angry at Brera for his various attacks upon himself and the SMS but Alto is also likely very jealous of Brera for stealing away Ranka in a sense. But it seems none of them yet realize that Brera is Ranka's brother. Acutally, it brings up the point of whether or not most of the cast is aware of Brera's status as Ranka's brother. Does Grace even know? One would think she would, especially if she had access to the SDF-04 records, the ones Alto tried to find but realized they erased (episode 13).

The nose art of Ranka on the VB-6 Konig Monster is especially hilarious given that the pilot is female (Canaria). You'd think she'd have a picture of Alto on the nose of her baby :)

Nimul
Spoiler:
I'm not so sure that many characters are going to perish. Killing off cast members was a very 80's era trend in mecha shows like Gundam and Macross. But it's clear from mecha shows in the 90's and beyond the killing major characters is not really in style anymore. Even Neon Genesis Evangelion which was supposed to be norm-breaking didn't have that much bloodshed.

Still, I guess with the death of Gilliam in episode 1 and Raramia in episode 14, there's been quite a bit of death in Frontier thus far. But I'm not getting the sense we're going to see some major death.
Shawn Merrow

MacrossManual wrote:Nimul
Spoiler:
I'm not so sure that many characters are going to perish. Killing off cast members was a very 80's era trend in mecha shows like Gundam and Macross. But it's clear from mecha shows in the 90's and beyond the killing major characters is not really in style anymore. Even Neon Genesis Evangelion which was supposed to be norm-breaking didn't have that much bloodshed.

Still, I guess with the death of Gilliam in episode 1 and Raramia in episode 14, there's been quite a bit of death in Frontier thus far. But I'm not getting the sense we're going to see some major death.

Spoiler:
Just watch out for anyone who does not finish a meal. :D

Shawn Merrow

Anyone else watching the Macross Fufonfia shorts? They are shorts from the offical site with the women of the cast working in a office. A group is doing fansubs of them. They are a little odd but find them funny.

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

No, I'm totally missing those. I have to see them!
Shawn Merrow

MacrossManual wrote:No, I'm totally missing those. I have to see them!

That is why I check AnimeSuki daily as you never know what will show up.

Cap'n Nick
D-Bee

Unread post by Cap'n Nick »

:shock:
Spoiler:
So . . . did warning flags shot up for anyone else at the mention of pineapples? Especially pineapple cake . . . :cry:

Spoiler:
of course it all turned out ok after the concert, so all is well. Especially with the funky circus music and Ozma talking directly to the "camera" (he's looking right at us!). Plus, Michael telling the audience how it would be too emotional. They're really having fun with Frontier, and I find I'm really enjoying it. Guess Ozma gets to be the Fokker that Fokker never got to be. :D

Also, the Minmay-style Ranka doll was cute. I like all the little random things they throw in here and there. Also, the boys making fun of Ozma for his "oldies" taste of music. Never did like Basara . . . or his music.

On a plot-unrelated note, I find I really detest stupid sloppy mkv movie containers. >__< They bleed frames like crazy and it's super irritating. AVIs with srt files added on (or just hard-subbed) are much less of a huge pain. Why do they even bother with MKVs anymore?

Eesh.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Spoiler:
looks like he's listening to a Fire-bombers song "my soul for you" in the opening seconds of ep 17... one copy cut if off thou...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Defender_X
Explorer

Unread post by Defender_X »

On the Pineapple cake, I have to quote something I saw on a blog earlier:
'pineapple salad takes lives,
pineapple cake saves lives.'

I have to agree with that, pineapple salad needs to be banned in all RT/Macross games.
It's just too dangerous to serve to PCs. :D
I get that many attacks with my beam cannons?!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

MUST...
HURT...
GRACE & BRERA!!!
:frust: :nuke: :thwak: :badbad:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Spoiler:
Pineapple cake-Pineapple Salad hummm :D

I do think that Leon is going to loose his fiancee to her former lover.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Spoiler:
having only seen the raw version, and not being able to speak Japanesse... I'm kinda Disipointed that the Guy survived. no one has Died... they blew a planet up.. no named characters died.... the Little Kid should pull a ben dixion and die.... the Sniper-guy should fall in love with a Vajra and Die.... it makes for better Anime when people Die.
heck Macross Plus was so awesome because Guld Died...
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-Yawwwwnnn- Character deaths are sooooooooo 80's...and Evangellion

Leaves of the lotus rise

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Last edited by Colonel Wolfe on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Last edited by Colonel Wolfe on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

DhAkael wrote:-Yawwwwnnn- Character deaths are sooooooooo 80's...and Evangellion

maybe so, but Evangellion is considred by some to be one of the Greatest Animes of all time...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Yep, if you want to see real main char death you need to see the Eva movies. Talk about chars ending up dead left and right. Aut of about 20 main and main supporting chars "2" survive to the end of the movies. Not to mention that it is implied that those two are the last humans on earth.

Spoiler:
I for one is glad that he didn't die, while it did give the older fans a minor flash back. Espessily with the piniapple reference. But having him live gives those who thought he was goint to Croke, a bit of of shock when he ends up back in the hospital. Yes, it was a 'OMG this can't be happening they used that in the 1st one' moment when I recognized the what was happening, but had a sense of relief when they showed the little sister beating up on her bed ridden big brother. *wags finger* if you don't count tears and nagging as beating up then what planet do you come from? :P

The only other anime I can think of that kils off a major char or six is MS Gundam: Sha's Counter attack. They kill off Amuro Ray, Sha Aznable, Chan Agi, Kayra Su, Gyunei Guss and Quess Paraya.

[ note: An alternante spelling for Sha Azinable is Char Azinable. ]
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Shawn Merrow

Lunar Anime sure took their time with 17.

ep. 17
Spoiler:
The new intro is so cute I think I got diabetes. :?

The adapting to damage bit is going to be a pain. Lee is rather tough as he came out well fighting in the dark with Brera. It sure looked like Lee was pulling a Roy Focker there. I'm glad myself that he made it. At least we know why they were collecting Varja remains.

Poor Klan not knowing there was a reason for him wanting to see the other girl.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Lunar Anime sure took their time with 17.

ep. 17
Spoiler:
The new intro is so cute I think I got diabetes. :?

The adapting to damage bit is going to be a pain. Lee is rather tough as he came out well fighting in the dark with Brera. It sure looked like Lee was pulling a Roy Focker there. I'm glad myself that he made it. At least we know why they were collecting Varja remains.

Poor Klan not knowing there was a reason for him wanting to see the other girl.

-Ahem-
Watched ep 18 in Raw. I reiterate "Grace must DIE!"
:badbad: :lol: :x

Leaves of the lotus rise

Shawn Merrow

ep. 18
Spoiler:
Agree Grace is a grade A *****. Will be interesting to see what happens to Sherly now they know what is wrong and she is the care of Alto's brother. I do feel bad for Sherly the people are so star of the moment her CD are already in the bargain bin. Klan was so cute in her lab coat. I do wonder what they showed for a sec during the fold. Of course it probably means more problems with the Varja in the future.

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Shawn Merrow
Luckily the sickly sweet intro seems to be a one shot. They are back to something a little more relevant to the show :)

DhAkael
I think I'm going to have to join your club. After watching what Grace has been pulling it's pushed me over the edge into frothing, spitting-nails hatred on a spicy thai food diet :) There simple isn't enough expletives in English, Japanese or any other language to communicate how much I want to see Grace subjected to the blue screen of death for all eternity, locked in someone's crackberry! :x

*breathes*

Okay, I'm fine now :)

Well episode 19 was really interesting, but need subs!

Spoiler:
It's about time one of the characters made the Vajra connection with Ranka's pet Ai-Kun. Too bad it had to be Luca, but I suppose he needs something to do so he's not totally useless.

Leon appears to finally be making his move and Kathy has finally confronted him, though too little too late. We all knew he was bad news, but up until this moment we didn't know he was planning a murder. Doesn't surprise me, but I'm still rather confused as to what Leon believes he's getting out of all this.

I wonder, this being episode 19 and all, if we're finally going to see some significant movement on the love triangle between Alto, Sheryl and Ranka. I think Alto has be waffling more than enough and I'd like to see some progress on this sub-plot. I know it's unlikely to be solved until the final episode, but it would be nice to get the closing acts on that story into play.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

MacrossManual wrote:[/b]

DhAkael
I think I'm going to have to join your club. After watching what Grace has been pulling it's pushed me over the edge into frothing, spitting-nails hatred on a spicy thai food diet :) There simple isn't enough expletives in English, Japanese or any other language to communicate how much I want to see Grace subjected to the blue screen of death for all eternity, locked in someone's crackberry!

*breathes*

Okay, I'm fine now :)

Well episode 19 was really interesting, but need subs!

Spoiler:
It's about time one of the characters made the Vajra connection with Ranka's pet Ai-Kun. Too bad it had to be Luca, but I suppose he needs something to do so he's not totally useless.

Leon appears to finally be making his move and Kathy has finally confronted him, though too little too late. We all knew he was bad news, but up until this moment we didn't know he was planning a murder. Doesn't surprise me, but I'm still rather confused as to what Leon believes he's getting out of all this.

I wonder, this being episode 19 and all, if we're finally going to see some significant movement on the love triangle between Alto, Sheryl and Ranka. I think Alto has be waffling more than enough and I'd like to see some progress on this sub-plot. I know it's unlikely to be solved until the final episode, but it would be nice to get the closing acts on that story into play.

Congrats... Finally someone sees eye to eye with me ;)
Yes, among anime villan(esses), Grace takes top billing in "DIE ALREADY!" -ahem- Aizen at least (monster though he is) in 'Bleach' is very civilized and urbane. Grace is just evil...and sadistic.

Spoiler:
As for the love triangle; look slike for NOW, thanks to Klan, Sheryl is in the final running, but she's dying so... but the cliff hanger with Ranka finding Sheryl being held by Alto... you KNOW that's gonna have reprecussions.
Leon prolly expects to replace Brillar and become lord high mucktey muck imortal ruler of the cosmos etc etc etc etc etc. In other words he has delusions of Aizenhood without the culture or style :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Episode 18 sub.
4 words.
"DOH!"
and
"Alto, you PUTZ!"
watch it and see :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

DhAkael wrote:Congrats... Finally someone sees eye to eye with me ;)
Yes, among anime villan(esses), Grace takes top billing in "DIE ALREADY!" -ahem- Aizen at least (monster though he is) in 'Bleach' is very civilized and urbane. Grace is just evil...and sadistic.

Spoiler:
As for the love triangle; look slike for NOW, thanks to Klan, Sheryl is in the final running, but she's dying so... but the cliff hanger with Ranka finding Sheryl being held by Alto... you KNOW that's gonna have reprecussions.
Leon prolly expects to replace Brillar and become lord high mucktey muck imortal ruler of the cosmos etc etc etc etc etc. In other words he has delusions of Aizenhood without the culture or style :D

I pray Grace gets it, and really damn good too. I want to see her sucked screaming into the void :)

There's gonna be a real storm next episode between the three in the triangle. I just don't want...
Spoiler:
Sheryl to die. It would be so tragic, but I guess that's good writing too. So bittersweet.

MiniMissile Man
There is plenty to love about Macross Frontier. Macross hasn't been this good in a long time and I'm enjoying every moment of it. I agree, definitely one of the outstanding animes of the year and that's saying a lot given the strong competition in the anime mecha genre recently. I think we're getting spoiled :)
Shawn Merrow

ep. 19
Spoiler:
The love triangle becomes even more of a mess. Also looks like Klan may be making some progress. It does look like it will hit the fan big time next episode.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Did someone say the fit was hitting the shan?
Dear brothers (and I would hope, sisters somewhere), the brown smelly stuff does indeed hit the rotary-impeller in copious quantities!
Just watched the RAW... warning...uber-mega-supreme spolier!!!!..do not click if you don't want epsiode 20 ruined.

Spoiler:
"Michael is DEAD!" as in no-ressurection-gone-pushing-up-daises-pining-for-the-fjords!!!!!
And this just after he has Klan declare her undying affectin/love/lust for him...
Plus Grace looks to have been the key player in making the Frontier colony into one big bug-farm.

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

ArmySyko wrote:Almost like Tetsuo internalizing the energy in Akira?

I haven't watched the RAW. I'll still wait for the subs to come out. I'll get [gg] until Lunar comes out later next week. I looked at the spoilers and I'm not OMG'ing to go out and grab the raw for something that I can't really understand much.

A-S

Hey, it be your right. :mrgreen:
Personally I couldn't wait for the subbers to get typing, so I watch the RAWs.
Funny thing is, so far I can at least guess gist of what they're saying one-word-in-five.

Leaves of the lotus rise

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Ditto on DhAkael's post!
Episode 20, omg!
Wow, that was an amazing episode!

Spoiler:
Mikhail is dead! What a way to go! Bloody and tragic, with plenty of bullets; a fine finish. I wasn't sure if Frontier was going to pull the plug on anyone, but they had the writers had the guts and axed Mikhail. I'm both really happy and really sad at the same time.

The tone definitely turned dark in this episode. The Vajra being unleashed inside the Frontier lead to all kinds of mayhem and a pile of severed bodies. This might be the most violent Macross series yet a far cry from the way the franchise was left in the late 1990's.

Best of all, Ranka get's the slap she deserves and from Sheryl no less! Pure awesomeness. As much as I like Ranka, she needed to grow up, just like Minmay. No better time than now.

I have to say this episode has really energized the series. I hope this momentum continues now until the last episode.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

DhAkael wrote:-Yawwwwnnn- Character deaths are sooooooooo 80's...and Evangellion

LOL :lol: :lol:
Cap'n Nick
D-Bee

Unread post by Cap'n Nick »

Ep 20
Spoiler:
Holy crap. It was a huge surprise: when the vajra was going for mikhail I thought Klan would see it and punch through the glass and squish it like a bug to save him. Him dying was totally out of left field. Excellent episode, hopefully the first part of the series climax to go through the end to the 25th episode. Although the preview for next episode looks like it's going to come back down from the action to a sense of normalcy (what with the funeral scene and what looks like "well we have everything under control now, it's all ok."). I would prefer that the next few episodes just take off from 20 and keep hitting a higher climax, but seems I might not be getting what I want.>__<

One thing though, not sure Klan and Mikhail ever would have worked out: he said it himself in an earlier episode, he'd get arrested for being a pedophile. Maybe this is for the best, seems they were never set up for anything other than tragedy:(

That last shot of next week's preview, guess Klan's out for blood now. That should teach them bugs to deny a 40-foot tall crazy woman her boy toy.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Episode 21 is a somewhat slower, setup episode but I think some really important stuff happened in the dialog. Definitely need the subs bad for this one :)

BTW, did anyone see that VF-171 "Strike" or "Stampede" Valkyrie (just guessing the name here) in the preview for episode 22?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ ... -26118.png

Whoohoo! Look out Vajra :)
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

MacrossManual wrote:Episode 21 is a somewhat slower, setup episode but I think some really important stuff happened in the dialog. Definitely need the subs bad for this one :)

BTW, did anyone see that VF-171 "Strike" or "Stampede" Valkyrie (just guessing the name here) in the preview for episode 22?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ ... -26118.png

Whoohoo! Look out Vajra :)

A bit of a cumbersome pig...but daymn!!!!
DEFINATELY something to ruin any bugs day...

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Okay... just watched the RAW.
Spoiler:
Looks like Brerra MIGHT be trying to break Grace's hold on himself, but..dunno.
Ranka FINALLY said what she feels for Alto...too late, as she and Ai take a trip with Brerra to the Vajra hive as ambassadors.

Hollee <censored>!

Felt sooo bloody sorry for Klan though. Note; do NOT mess with a free Maltaedi's boy-toy...you WILL get hurt. :shock:

Okay, DEFINATELY need the subs to be posted and the finale is gonna be truly epic.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Shawn Merrow

Finally got to see episode 20.

ep. 20
Spoiler:
Poor Klan finally when she hears what she wanted for so long he dies. :(

Its a mess on the ship with Varja running amok and a coup in progress. It was nice to see Ranka growing up and Sherly realizing she still wants to sing. They turned it up to 11 on this episode.

Shawn Merrow

ep. 21
Spoiler:
Ok, important surival tip do not **** off Klan. The scene with her crying in the cockpit was so sad. :(

The bastard Leon has so far pulled off his coup and has people looking for Ozma and Cathy. Ranka taking her pet home is going to be a mess.

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

DhAkael
Oh yeah. I can't wait to see that big bad VF-171 in action. I hope we're treated to another cool sequence like the the VF-171 Pin-Point Barrier punch

Spoiler:
I'm curious just how much Brera is at Grace's command. It's never been really said nor explored. I wonder if he really is a free willed entity at all? For all we know he could just be an extension of Grace. Or worse, he could be free to do as he wants so far, but Grace may have a "leash" command of sorts to reign Brera in at the opportune moment :)

Speaking of subs, Shinsen is back! Episodes 12, 13, and 14 were just released by Shinsen. I'm so happy

Shawn Merrow
LOL! Up to 11 indeed (great movie, btw) :)

Spoiler:
I'm curious how this is going to play out. The story seems headed for a Battle Frontier/25 vs. Macross Quarter showdown. After all, even if Leon has successfully pulled off a military coup within the NUNS of the Frontier Fleet, he can't seriously believe the SMS is going to follow his lead. Having a hunt on for Ozuma and Cathy also doesn't track. What, is he going to blame them for Howard Glass' death? Cathy killing her father? He's going to have a big problem convincing everyone of that, especially the those who matter most.

And what of Ranka? If Leon does try to place blame on Ozuma and Cathy for the death of Howard Glass and Ranka finds out, there's no way she'll believe Ozuma is a traitor. He'll have lost his trump card against the Vajra, unless he thinks he no longer needs Ranka now that he has the Dimension Eater technology and "Strike/Stampede" VF-171 valkyries.

In either case, I see Leon getting setup for a fall that will be legendary. :)
Shawn Merrow

Spoiler spaces please, just because you have seen the latest episode does not mean everyone has. :frust:

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

heh.. no spoilers but we are starting to get to closure and end game here.
BIG time.
Expect deus-ex machina up the wazoo for conflict resolution and who gets to go home with whom ;)
It'll be a blast. :nuke:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Shawn Merrow

ep. 22
Spoiler:
The new president is waisting no time it taking full control of power. I expect Grace to show up yet again like a bad weed. He must see the SMS as a threat to mess with such a sucesful group. Of course they proved it by going rogue. Sad that Luca would go over to the new goverment so quickly. I expect to see him die before the end to make up for his mistakes. Wasn't expecting Sherly to start making fold waves. Also the Varja home world looks rather interesting.

Chris
Explorer

Unread post by Chris »

Spoiler:
Someone likes her new 'assets' lol
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Just saw epsiode 23 in RAW...
I have no idea how they're gonna end this puppy. Seriously, I have no clue what the finale is gonna entail. :?

Leaves of the lotus rise

Shawn Merrow

ep. 23
Spoiler:
Surprised Ranka been infected since she was in the womb. Also they finally confirmed he is her brother. Alto is in love with Ranka but willing to kill her before letting the Varja use her. The full scale attack on the Varja home planet by the Macross Frontier next episode will be interesting.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

To quote Cannoehead Reeves in 'The matrix', regarding episode 23;
"...Whoa..."

Leaves of the lotus rise

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Official statistics for the Macross Frontier mecha have just come out. See the VF-25 Messiah profile on the Macross Compendium for details. I have to say, the VF-25 and VF-27 take "Next Generation Variable Fighter" to a whole new level looking at these figures. I just did Thrust-To-Weight ratios for these Valkyries and they leap so far ahead of the previous Valkyries it's unheard of.

VF-25F Messiah (empty)
Thrust to Weight Ratio = 39.09

VF-27 (empty)
Thrust to Weight Ratio = 46.48

Now, here are the Thrust-To-Weight ratios for the rest of the Macross Valkyries:
VF-0A (empty) = 1.87
SV-51 (empty) = 2.34
VF-1A Valkyrie (empty) = 3.47
VF-1A Valkyrie (Standard T-O Mass) = 2.49
VF-1A Valkyrie (Max T-O Mass) = 1.24
VF-1S Super Valkyrie (Standard T-O Mass) = 6.36
VF-1S Super Valkyrie (Max T-O Mass) = 3.97
VT-1C Commercial Valkyrie (empty) = 2.91
VF-1X Plus Valkyrie (empty) = 4.33
VF-1X Plus Valkyrie (Standard T-O Mass) = 3.14
VF-4 Lightning III (empty) = 2.01
VF-4G Lightning III (empty) = 2.37
VA-3 Invader (empty) = 3.43
VF-5000B Star Mirage (empty) = 3.01
VF-11B Thunderbolt (empty) = 6.33
YF-19 (empty) = 15.43 (atmosphere limitation = 9.26)
YF-21 (empty) = 13.65 (atmosphere limitation = 8.19)
VF-11C Thunderbolt (empty) = 6.33
VF-17D Nightmare (empty) = 9.28
VF-17S Nightmare (empty) = 10.04
VF-19A Excalibur (empty) = 12.91
VF-19F Excalibur (empty) = 16.96
VF-19S Excalibur (empty) = 18.32
VF-22 Sturmvogel II (empty) = 13.61 (atmosphere limitation = 8.17)
VF-22S Sturmvogel II (empty) = 13.96 (atmosphere limitation = 8.38 )
VF-11MAXL Thunderbolt Custom (empty) = 10.51
VF-17T Nightmare Custom (empty) = 9.75
VF-19 Excalibur Custom (empty) = 13.45

Fz-109A Elgerzorene (empty) = 8.4
Fz-109F Elgerzorene (empty) = 8.33
Az-130A Panzerzorene (empty) = 7.10
FBz-99G Saubergeran (empty) = 9.29

There's a 20.77 point jump between the VF-19S Excalibur (T-W 18.32) and the VF-25 Messiah (T-W 39.09). That's what I call a major performance leap forward. What happened between 2047 and 2059; an "Einstein" of engine design come along? :)
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Um......
erm.
Oh.
Crap....epsiode 24
Spoiler:
Alto go boom... big boom...

Leaves of the lotus rise

Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys taking the time to put the spoiler tags in! I'm only up to episode 10, but enjoy reading some of your un-spoiler comments!
-Mike
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

DhAkael
That's an understatement :) But I agree, I'm at a loss for words. Episode 24 was an amazing!

Spoiler:
Simply blown away by this episode. Nice cliffhanger, plenty of great animation and fantastic battles. The story is definitely on a high note and coming toward the big showdown. I just hope Grace gets it and gets it good; I really want to see her get her due.

On another point, the fleet battle in this episode of Macross Frontier sure makes one appreciate the advances in animation in the last 25 years. There's so much detail, not just in the ships being featured promimently, but the whole background is literally filled with eye candy. Not only that, the battle is so reminiscent of the Macross style, particularly DYRL. There were shots done in CGI that were very much staged like sequences in the final battle of Space War I.

Snuffy
You're welcome. But also thank Shawn Merrow most of all. He's the one that has helped this thread along and reminded us every once in a while not to forget our spoiler tags :)
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

I'm definitely on the same page as you ArmySyko. For the most part, it has been a ton-o-fun posting here about the show. I'm currently involved with 5 different boards talking about Frontier and this has been one of the better boards for discussion. Macross Frontier is also a first for me in that it's the only anime show I've followed faithfully upon release. The other 99% of the anime I've watched has been after broadcast. I must say it sure is a different experience when you get the latest news on the show only as it comes and it's interesting to see the merchandising machines at work with products as the show progresses. I don't think it's anything really necessary, but it is something new to me. As a long time anime fan, the format and sharing in the availability of the show as it's broadcast in it's native country has made the series a bit more special for me.

Only one more episode to go and it's going to be big.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”