Hand to Hand : Magic ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Hand to Hand : Magic ?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

There is no Hand to Hand Magic.

I did create a system of magic combat, which you can find at www.editors-wastebasket.org/nexx/ but I ultimately abandoned it; it's got some balance problems if you have multiple types.

I also created a Spellcaster combat training when I did my own combat system, but that's based on some very different assumptions than Palladium's normal combat.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

Can't say as I have ever heard of it, though it might not be a bad idea!
livewire
Wanderer

Unread post by livewire »

there is a special hand to hand for magic users in with the skill specializations in rifter 30 i believe. I know its the one with the mystic knight on the cover the skill specializations start on pg 16 I believe, and its in there somewhere.
the world would be a better place if more people played rpg's lol
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chad »

dataran wrote:Hi everyone, this is my first time posting though I have been a lurker for a long time.

Anyways I am currently building a game where I play a Ley Line walker. I want to use Hand to Hand : Magic as my HtH skill, however I can't seem to find it in any of the Rifters I own.

A quick search has lead me no where, and so I ask you, my fellow Rifters, which Rifter is it in?

Hello, welcome! :)

Are you referring to 'Arcomi'?
If so pg. 31 Rifter #30
killhound
Explorer

Unread post by killhound »

i just got done building a battle magi with that hand to hand arcomi just to see what it would be like. in a word stunning build one and tell me what u think i will let you all know how one way willie plays have funn :shock: :shock:
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Battle magi can't take hand to hand arcomi because the bonuses are said to already be part of their standard training. I'm personally one who would bend the rules, but acording to the article, you can't do that.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Levi
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Battle magi can't take hand to hand arcomi because the bonuses are said to already be part of their standard training. I'm personally one who would bend the rules, but acording to the article, you can't do that.

Yep, we put that in there to discourage what some players or GMs may consider complete munchkining. But, as a GM I allow it. I like to let characters specialize as much as they want, even if that means they up pretty powerful.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
killhound
Explorer

Unread post by killhound »

i just went back and reread that and i see where it says arcane battle mastery is included but also its not the same arcomi appears to have no defencive capability or at least not much. casting any defencive spell appears to have a posible tragic down side. how ever empowering spells seam to be good to go. who knows this could just fine. the group that i game with don't like normal charactors any way. i showed this charactor to my 13 year old who plays a combat mage and she don't like hth arcomi to dangerous she said.

Return to “Rifts®”