Triax Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

beatobur
D-Bee

Triax Question

Unread post by beatobur »

I'm helping a friend start up into GMing, and he LOVES MECHS. So I've suggested that he start out GMing in the Triax NGR setting. Since he also finds German themed things cool he agreed and has bought the book. He's wondering what the Triax/NGR's stance on D-Bee's and Magic is. I don't own the book myself. But I seem to remember them being similar to the Triax when I read my brothers copy back in the day. Does anyone know what page that's on? Or just what the policy is. The NGR reads and feels more liberal then the CS, but that's not saying much.

Thanks, a ton.
You... you killed me trying to heal me, this is the best campaign ever.

xmen510
D-Bee

Re: Triax Question

Unread post by xmen510 »

If I remember correctly, they believe in educating their people. Their views on D-Bees and magic though, is the same I think as the Coalition. I may be wrong though.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

it's never said. the upcoming Triax 2 will have information on it.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

In Triax 2, the magic question will be answered and the D-Bee question will be expanded upon. Suffice to say for now that neither the government or the people approve of either, but things are quite as bad as they are in the CS.

and if your friend is into tech campaigns, he will love Triax 2.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Cactuscat wrote:Although it's not stated explicitly, it seems to me that they couldn't be in as tight with the CS as they are if the NGR didn't share a similar view of magic. It would only make sense with the Gargoyle Empire and the Black Forest on their doorsteps that they'd take a rather dim view of it.

one would suspect the NGR would not be willing to work with the coalition given the violently xenophobic D-Bee policy of the CS.
except that the CS seems to be engaging in a Campaign of deception with the NGR. for example, WB5 has the NGR thinking Erin Tarn is a Coalition Folk Hero. and not thinking that a CS officer out to help D-bee villages isn't odd. (the fact that it was Tarn doesn't matter, her cover ID was as a Coalition officer, and the cover story was that she was travelling between D-bee towns as part of an aid program..)
seems to me that if a NGR official didn't think this was odd, the CS is probably not being truthful with the NGR.

the NGR's policy on magic and psionics are probably in step with their views on D-bees. they do not employ them, but they do not hate them. more than likely there is a psionic regestry program in effect for human psykers, and mages are shunted off to live with the rest of the border peoples.
no shoot on sight orders for mages, no draconian tatooed barcode registry like the CS.

such a difference i can see the CS tolerating.

now, if the NGR employed mages as an integral part of their nation, yeah, the CS would never have allied with them.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Exiled_one
Wanderer

Unread post by Exiled_one »

Not disagreeing with any above comments, but thought I'd add my two cents

Description of Triax EIR-15 Manned Gargoyle bot, uses 'Psionic electro-magnetic dampers' to distort the pilots 'human-like' thought patterns and increase resistance to probes, followed by the line : "All the better if the pilot is psionic himself", this seems to suggest that psionic humans may be employed in the NGR intelligence division. Although I accept that this is a tenuous conclusion, but as the robot is most unlikely to be used by anyone other than the NGR (its a military secret and 6m tall espionage robot after all ;) ) only they are likely to provide a pilot with any psionic ability.

Psyscape reports also that the NGR government have made use of registered and unregistered mind bleeders (who are both psychic and D-bee) for espionage, counter-espionage and combat. However they are kept far away from military secrets, classified data, important personnel or the highest level technologies and are regarded as somewhere between second class citizens and untrustworthy aliens

Of course we must wait for Triax Two to see....

(Want it NOW! WANT! WANT! WANT!)
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

In the book it says D-Bees use to be apart of the community until the Gargoyle Nation attacked then they were cast-out to protect themselves from other non-human infiltrators, but the government still feel somewhat bad for D-Bees who use to be citizens. So the NGR are no where need as racist toward D-Bees as the Coalition is, they will leave them alone them, as long as they don't start trouble and stay out of NGR's communities. I bet the people are even more accepting of them since are not feed SC propaganda as much.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
beatobur
D-Bee

Unread post by beatobur »

When is Triax 2 coming out. I'm getting very excited about it.
You... you killed me trying to heal me, this is the best campaign ever.

AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

The NGR at one point had a Rahu-Man on their Security Council. His rank was Col. but I can't remember his name. This was mentioned in the Conversion Book.
Exiled_one
Wanderer

Unread post by Exiled_one »

And has been pointed out many times (on these boards and in the Rifter), that Rahu-man Cyberknight general Rasheen of the NGR left that nation to go and right other wrongs, many years before The NGR adopted its current 'pro-human at the expense of all others' policy

Return to “Rifts®”