Splugorth and their Young

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Klaus027
D-Bee

Splugorth and their Young

Unread post by Klaus027 »

Has anybody noticed the similarity between the eyes of Eylor and the Splugorth? Is it possible that Eylor is the Splugorth's home dimension, and the eyes used in bio-wizardry are their young, lobotomized to keep the competition down?
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

The great debate...it's been a while since I've seen this question.

Personally...I don't think it's the eyes of their young.

And, isn't there some prophesy based on this? Doesn't the prophesy of the LotD include the Eye of Eylor?
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

I think it's the vampire floopers that do that...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Splugorth and their Young

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Klaus027 wrote:Has anybody noticed the similarity between the eyes of Eylor and the Splugorth? Is it possible that Eylor is the Splugorth's home dimension, and the eyes used in bio-wizardry are their young, lobotomized to keep the competition down?

No, I never noticed it.

In fact, I still don't.

Where do you get this impression from?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

There's a child labor lawsuit begging to happen here...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Splugorth and their Young

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Klaus027 wrote:Has anybody noticed the similarity between the eyes of Eylor and the Splugorth? Is it possible that Eylor is the Splugorth's home dimension, and the eyes used in bio-wizardry are their young, lobotomized to keep the competition down?

No, I never noticed it.

In fact, I still don't.

Where do you get this impression from?
That makes two of us.

Not to mention the fact that it is clearly stated that the sploogs know where the Eylor planet is but don't share.

Even Alien Intelligences, as evil and stupid and insane as Kevin writes them to be, wouldn't logically engage in a process that consumes their young in such large numbers (not to mention that if AI's reproduced in nearly as many numbers as the super-plentiful Eyes of Eylor would suggest, there'd be a whoooooooole lot more Sploogs in the Megaverse.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Klaus027
D-Bee

Unread post by Klaus027 »

Sorry to reopen an old question, I was just skimming WB2 looking for suggestions for bio-wizardry modification, saw the splugorth eye (i know pictures are not canon), re-read the Eyes of Eylor section (it clearly states that the planet being known as Eylor is a Legend, gm's decide if it's true or not, therefore not canon).

1. Few canon beings have eyes that size (if any, I can only think of vampire intelligences & splugorth). VI's eyes have the immunities of the vampire, Eyes of Eylor don't.

2. Splyncryth is 72,000 years old, and young for a Splugorth. This is practically immortal by Palladium standards. The eye's of Eylor don't appear to age either, a shared trait.

3. High P.P.E. for both.

4. Only the Splugorth's know where they come from, and none are seen "adventuring" around on their own. Only in Splugorth bio-wizardry.

5. One important difference, and possibly an argument breaker, is the fact that Eyes of Eylor can exist in the vacuum of space, and the splugorth don't appear to be able to.

In S.P. Somtow's "mallworld", an advanced race had stages. An animal stage with little I.Q. and an Adult stage with cognitive thought processes. Before they were too civilized, the young that never advanced were eaten as a delicacy (Otherwise the world would be overpopulated, as only 1 in so many thousand can advance). This was not seen as barbaric (except maybe to vegetarians), and continued into their star faring days.

It all sort of clicked, and I can see where it is a bit of a stretch, but I still feel my reasoning (except for the book reference) can be a credible argument for a stronger bond between Splugorth and the Eyes of Eylor.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

It's probably just a coincidence.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Klaus027 wrote:Sorry to reopen an old question, I was just skimming WB2 looking for suggestions for bio-wizardry modification, saw the splugorth eye (i know pictures are not canon), re-read the Eyes of Eylor section (it clearly states that the planet being known as Eylor is a Legend, gm's decide if it's true or not, therefore not canon).

1. Few canon beings have eyes that size (if any, I can only think of vampire intelligences & splugorth). VI's eyes have the immunities of the vampire, Eyes of Eylor don't.

2. Splyncryth is 72,000 years old, and young for a Splugorth. This is practically immortal by Palladium standards. The eye's of Eylor don't appear to age either, a shared trait.

3. High P.P.E. for both.

4. Only the Splugorth's know where they come from, and none are seen "adventuring" around on their own. Only in Splugorth bio-wizardry.

5. One important difference, and possibly an argument breaker, is the fact that Eyes of Eylor can exist in the vacuum of space, and the splugorth don't appear to be able to.

In S.P. Somtow's "mallworld", an advanced race had stages. An animal stage with little I.Q. and an Adult stage with cognitive thought processes. Before they were too civilized, the young that never advanced were eaten as a delicacy (Otherwise the world would be overpopulated, as only 1 in so many thousand can advance). This was not seen as barbaric (except maybe to vegetarians), and continued into their star faring days.

It all sort of clicked, and I can see where it is a bit of a stretch, but I still feel my reasoning (except for the book reference) can be a credible argument for a stronger bond between Splugorth and the Eyes of Eylor.

Too much of a streach really. Just because they both have eyes dosn't mean they're even remotely related. Besides, they wouldn't do all the bio-wizardry modifications on their own young.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Certainly an angle a GM might use that the Eyes are the eggs/unborn Sploogies. I wouldn't put past them to use there own young in a fashion like that.

But in canon..AI young would likely be a bit bigger, though sploogs might use other races young as living 'Crystal balls'
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

The book says that the Eye's of Eyelor are farmable resource .. from a planet ...

I do not personally see the Splugorthians as being birthed from a planet and also think that as a living sentient being the Splugorthians are birthed from another splugorthian heh ..

-Lenwen.

Return to “Rifts®”