Alternate Shemarrens

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Alternate Shemarrens

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Does anyone know if it would be possible for there to be alternate Shemarrians?? or theres going to be any in the upcoming Shemarren book? The reason for my question is that I was thinking of doing up some Alternate Shemarrians. Such as: Hunter Class, Stealth Class, Typical Class (the originals), and even a Leader Class. Then I was thinking about doing Alternate versions of the Monster Rex, I.E.: Draconic, Bipedal, and Underwater versions.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

There is an upcoming sourcebook for them.... but who knows when that will actually see the light of day.

In the mean time, should submit it for the Rifter. Would be a great idea
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

In the vast Megaverse, it may be entirely possible for there to be a D-Bee Loving Coalition, an Evil Erin Tarn(the Ann Coulter of her Rifts Earth), Good Splugorth, and even Alternate Shemarrians of natural origin(or who have split off from ARCHIE-3 in an unexpected display of machine evolution)...let your imagination run wild!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Josh is working on a new book for them. I assume he'll update them, & add some new 'classes', but who knows?
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

SB1 notes that Archie is obsessed with variations, so Shemarrian variants are highly plausible.

Will they be in Shemarrian Nation? Yes.

For a little more insight into that, including the rationale behind it, check out the interview I did with Prince Artemis's podcast.

~ Josh
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I WANT THAT BOOK, JOSH!!! The manuscript is in, correct? I hope it comes out this year.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I WANT THAT BOOK, JOSH!!! The manuscript is in, correct? I hope it comes out this year.

speaking of books I want this year...

GET BACK TO WORK!

:P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

rat_bastard smells funny.

The Galactus Kid wrote:I WANT THAT BOOK, JOSH!!! The manuscript is in, correct? I hope it comes out this year.

Yup, it's in.

I sent it in just after Labor Day (in fact, Labor Day delayed it's submission).

~ Josh
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Sounds very cool! I'm looking forward to that book seeing print! Looking forward to seeing your variations!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Nice! more stuff that I can sink my teeth into.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Ah, but the big question is:

Are the Shemarrians just an artificial race created by Archie, or are there actual flesh & blood Shemarrians in the Megaverse? :demon:
Last edited by BookWyrm on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Aramanthus
Monk

It's a huge multiverse..... Supposedly every possibility exist in an infinite universe. So flesh and blood ones could exist in some of them.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Whatever the case, I want that book. In my opinion, it should have been the next book released after Revised SB1.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Aramanthus
Monk

It'll be out soon enough! I'll be happy to have it too!

HH....FIE
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Well, here's what I got for ideas so far for each class: Hunter Class: More of a selection of weapons and slightly more of an organic look to it due to projections for when its tracking. Stealth Class: I was thinking of a more sleek look with less armor to it, but more sensors and maybe somsort of sound filtration unit; I was also thinking of having some rubber on the feet in oreder to silence the robot as it goes about on stealth missions of various types.Typical Class (the originals): No changes here. Leader Class: More dense Armor that's 2x the normal thickness, a full and more complex communications suite, And in order to tell it apart from the typical Shemarrian a different (and more ornate with most of the communication gear in the projections) headdress.

That all I got for now.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger
Defender_X
Explorer

Unread post by Defender_X »

I had an idea for a flesh and blood version, basicly young girls that got rescued from splurgoth slavers and raised by the Shemarrians, mainly as a way for Archie to through everyone off the real story. I figure that the merc or robot pilot OCC with mods might work. Then outfit and equip accordingly and send them out to 'explore' so the girls won't accidentally discover the truth. It might work.
I get that many attacks with my beam cannons?!
Josh Sinsapaugh

It's always been noted that Hagan came up with them, not Archie by himself.

~ Josh
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, any ways, if anyone is wondering about my earlier post when I said that the Leader Shemarrians had armor that was 2x more dense, I ment that Archie 3 had some how been able to do it in such a way that he bonded them on a lower level than the atomic level. It was on the level of Quarks (and I'm not talking DS9 here), Protons and Nuetrons.

As to the Monster Rex Varients that are being produced, people explain them away as different SubSpecies, like the subspecies of dogs.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I also like Defender_X's example of the rescued "Shemarrians".

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I also like Defender_X's example of the rescued "Shemarrians".

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I do, too. Rescued Shemmarians might include rogue Blind Warrior Women and they would borg themselves out as time went on.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Aramanthus
Monk

Hagan created them........... I remember that. Thanks for the reminder Josh. But then did Hagan encountered them. The two questions are Where? And When?

HH....FIE
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

hey josh i might have a few models you might like
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Defender_X
Explorer

Unread post by Defender_X »

Mark Hall wrote:
Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I also like Defender_X's example of the rescued "Shemarrians".

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I do, too. Rescued Shemmarians might include rogue Blind Warrior Women and they would borg themselves out as time went on.

thanks, I like to have Archie and Hagan come up with new ways to hide their tracks. They seem to work best just off stage, but enough of a presense to see some shadows.
I get that many attacks with my beam cannons?!
Aramanthus
Monk

It does make sense that there had to be an inspiration for it from Hagan. We'll have to see where Josh goes with it! :D

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®”